physical data model created: tables lost

Hi,

System: PD 15.3 EBF 1

When I create a physical data model based upon a conceptual data model, I
see that some entity classes aren't created as tables in the physical data
models. Any ideas for this behaviour?

Kind regards
Cedric

0
Cedric

Could I create a Conceptual Data Model from Physical Data Model??
I'm trying PowerDesigner 12 and I wanted to do reverse engineering.. Is it possbile create a Conceptual Data Model from Physical? Thanks in advance!!! Select the Tools\Generate conceptual model menu <Xavi> wrote in message news:4739638d.297c.1681692777@sybase.com... > I'm trying PowerDesigner 12 and I wanted to do reverse > engineering.. > > Is it possbile create a Conceptual Data Model from Physical? > Thanks in advance!!! ...

Why am I not able to select Updata Existing Physical Data Model option when I want to Generate a physical model?
I have selected my conceptual model and go to generate the physical data model and I am not able to select the Update Existing Physical Data Model. Any ideas why? Do I need to do something special to my logical model or something before I can do that? At this point I only have the database in the tool. I have not set up a repository if that matters. If you did not create a Physical Data Model before you need to do so and choose a DB engine. For the repository, I don't know I don't use it. <Jodie> wrote in message news:CF80427DA375B3310066BC3285256A72.0066BC41...

Why am I not able to select Updata Existing Physical Data Model option when I want to Generate a physical model?
I do currently have a physical model. I created the physical model from my current database and then created my conceptual data model from that. Not that I updated my conceptual model I am not given the option to update my physical model. Hi Jodi, I'm not sure if I understood. You created a conceptual model out of a physical one? Why do you want to update your phys. model from the just created conceptual one? Did you do any changes in the concept. model? No? Then the case would be clear - no updates - no changes. Regards Reinhold. Jodie wrote in message <2A81C1E65E503...

how to extract table comments and column comments from physical data model
I try to extract the table comments and column comments using the report tool in Power Designer. It does not allow me to do it. Do anyone know how to extract these information out? Sally, I am using PD 10.0. Not sure what version you are using, but in order to show comments in report, I go to "Table Card" and "Table Column Card", respectively, highlight it, then select layout from the options. When the layout selections appear, check off comments. > I try to extract the table comments and column comments > using the report tool in Power Designer...

Creating symbols for physical data model (PDM) classes / objects
I would like to create a diagram of our physical database. We have created a PDM of our Oracle database, which includes the database name, the tablespaces, the schemas, the roles, etc. Many of these objects by default do not have symbols and therefore can not be put on a diagram. We would like to create one or more diagrams that shows our database and its tablespaces, the database and the schemas, and the schemas and their associated tablespaces. We can define all of these dependencies in the property sheets, but it would be great if we could define it pictorally. Your only option f...

Create logical model from physical model
I'm looking for suggestions for ways of creating a logical model from a physical model. I know it can be done. The bit issue that I have is Name and Code. Since we only have a physical model, the names and codes are the same. I thought of manually creating a conversion table, but don't think that will work since our names are like this: PROVNUM I would ideally like to find a way where the logical model would have Provider Number as the name and PROVNUM as the code. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks. Happy Holidays This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ...

PowerDesigner Conceptual modeling/Physical modeling...when to do it
We're trying to understand when in the development life cycle conceptual modeling should take place. I'm hoping someone on this list can give me some advice or point me to a good source for this sort of information. The development process for us appears it should be... 1. Gather business requirements 2. Write a Functional Spec 3. Write a Technical Spec 4. Code But where in the above 4 steps do we do the DB modeling? Is conceptual in 1&2 and physical in 2&3? Please advise. We do conceptual modeling (CDM) during the Business Requirements Gathering and Func...

Create a table with two tables data
Hi I have one access table named dados_aluno with the following fields codigo_aluno |  Nome | Turma | Cod_Professor and one table named estagio with the fields codigo_aluno | codigo_empresa | nome | Nome_empresa I need to create a third table with all the data fields, but some codigo_aluno from table one don't exist in table estagio. In this case i need the field Nome_Empresa ="nada" Any ideas? Thank you  Mario Lopes You want a view, not a table...? Please Mark As Answer posts that helped you."If we learn from our mistakes, I should...

Display "Field Code" on Physical Data Model tables

How to move a row in a data table object to the top of the table? The data table is in a data set. The data is bound to a drop down list box.
I am maintaining some 2003 C#/asp.net code for a web application. In the application a table in a data set is usedto populate a drop down list box.(The drop down list box will display a list of names) Before the data set table is bound to the list box control, blank characters are inserted at the topof the data set table. The purpose of this, is to display a blank line in the drop down list box, when the list box isinitially displayed. This code works fine. (See lines 1-14 below). Now I have been asked to modify the source code so that instead of a blank line being inserted at to top of th...

How come the relationship between tables doesn't show up in physical data model diagram
I run into an issue during using PowerDesigner When dragging and dropping two tables in a new physical data model diagram the relationship between these two tables does not show up. Does anyone has any idea what's going on? Or any switch I need turn on? Appreciate it. Yongsheng Use the Menu Option Tools/Complete Links or Ctrl+F5 Thomas > Use the Menu Option Tools/Complete Links or Ctrl+F5 > > Thomas thanks Tom. Good man. ...

How to create Table A by inserting all data from Table B?
Hi, Anyone can help me? How to create Table A by inserting all the data from Table B? Cheers, Daniel. Create table A with same structure as table B. Then: insert into A select * from B or if msde soesn't like * then: insert into A select fiel1, field2,...,fieldN from BGunnar Peipman-- General Protection Fault-- Illegal Page Fault-- Not My Fault...

How to Create a new Table with another Table data (replicate)
I search for a table and open it, and now I must implement an option to Replicate the table with another name(month/year) and the same Data.Looking in the web I just found about script´s but I don´t understand about data bases scripts. Plz sugestions, ideas, codes =]thx (using visual studio 2005, SQL Server)  You can use SELECT INTO to copy data to another table: SELECT * INTO newTableName FROM oldTable If you want to do this on the fly, you can use a stored procedure like a sample below: CREATE PROCEDURE usp_myNewTable AS BEGIN declare @tName nvarchar(50) decla...

creating a table column that only takes data from another table.
I am trying to create a table that holds info about a user; with the usual columns for firstName, lastName, etc....  no problem creating the table or it's columns, but how can I "restrict" the values of my State column in the 'users' table so that it only accepts values from the 'states' table?ScottSEADont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you!This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers. You could create a trigger on the table or a rule?***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. En...

Web resources about - physical data model created: tables lost - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Physical - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Posture affects standing, and not just the physical kind
A distraught wife begged me to write about the importance of good posture. &quot;My husband sits for many hours a day slouched over his computer,&quot; ...

Multiple sources raise serious questions about Hillary Clinton's physical health
Breitbart News reports that John Cardillo, a former NYPD officer who provided VIP security details, knows two sources (a federal agent and an ...

This company built an instrument that combines the best parts of physical and digital music — here’s ...
As the technology for making music gets more advanced, it presents a strange tradeoff for musicians. The act of playing a physical instrument ...

Panduit Small Diameter Cabling Solution Named Best Structured/Physical Network Cabling by NetworkWorld ...
Panduit has been recognized by NetworkWorld Asia with a Readers&rsquo; Choice Award for Best Structured / Physical Network Cabling for 28 AWG ...

Docs: Teacher, teen "became physical" on Africa trip
Police say Austin, Texas high school teacher Haeli Wey had two overlapping months-long relationships with students, including one that began ...

Report: Dodgers back out of Hisashi Iwakuma deal after physical
The Dodgers and free agent starter Hishasi Iwakuma had agreed to a three-year, $45 million deal, but after his physical the Dodgers have backed ...

Trial shows no physical evidence links suspect to Metra officer killing
Fingerprints recovered from the scene of the 2006 killing of a Metra police officer only match him and another officer, according to testimony ...

Trump Doctor: ‘His Physical Strength And Stamina Are Extraordinary’
Trump Doctor: ‘His Physical Strength And Stamina Are Extraordinary’