Multiple Foreign Key names

Hi all,

PD15 EBF7

Table                A             B             C
Column           a    pk       a  pk         a fk1, fk2
                      aa             b              c
                      aaa           c              d

A and C are linked by reference D.
B and C are linked by reference E.

I can see that fk1, fk2 are displayed in C table.
I hope that fk is only displayed in C table.

TIA

0
Robert

Robert,

I am not sure I understand what you need to see.  When you fold a foreign
key like you have with column a in table C, it is important to know it is a
foreign key to two different parents.  So, the fk1, fk2 markers are
important and telling you there are two references for which column a is
participating as a foreign key join for.  This has important impact on how
the column will manage referential integrity (either parent is OK, both
parents must be the same, etc. decisions made only in a case like this).

Let me know if I have misunderstood your questions below, I will be happy to
help more.

Thanks,
David.

"Robert" <jooong@empal.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> PD15 EBF7
>
> Table                A             B             C
> Column           a    pk       a  pk         a fk1, fk2
>                      aa             b              c
>                      aaa           c              d
>
> A and C are linked by reference D.
> B and C are linked by reference E.
>
> I can see that fk1, fk2 are displayed in C table.
> I hope that fk is only displayed in C table.
>
> TIA

0
David

PowerDesigner
okay this is the issue When you generate the PDM from the CDM, PowerDesigner generates, using its own naming convention, the foreign key column that is placed in the physical model table - we want to have control over this column name ie: we want this foreign key column to be called f_key in our physical table. Please note we are not talking about FK/PKconstraints names etc, we are talking about the actual column name of the foreign key. We have searched through the definition file and cannot find where its being set. Or is this not possible to control in PowerDesigner and you have ...

Multiple foreign names...
I have a client that wants to have a special account on his GW5.5.5 server for a second, totally separate company he's setting up. He wants to be able to send and receive from this second domain name, without anyone knowing there is a connection to the original company. For example: The company's original domain name is acme.com. He wants to create a second email domain called smith.com. Any internet email addressed to user@smith.com will resolve to the same acme.com server. Their email address should identify them as user@smith.com, NOT user@acme.com. The GroupWi...

Name Of Foreign Key
I'm using SQL Any50, ORACLE, and SQL Server 6.5 with a PB 6.0 Application. I'm looking for a solution to get the name of the Foreign Key, for some Table of my application. Is there someone who know where i can find it in the system table ? Thank's ETIENNE St�phan Steph -- In Oracle, you need to look at either the ALL_CONSTRAINTS or the USER_CONSTRAINTS view. In SQL Server 6.5, you would look at the SYSREFERENCES table. I'm not sure where you'd look in SQL Anywhere. HTH Ron Gallagher, CPDP Atlanta, GA rongallagher@mindspring.com Steph w...

Foreign Key Names
I can't seem to figure out where to set the Foreign Key Naming convention. As I generate from a CDM to PDM how do I take control of how relationships are migrated and named. and, what documentation should I read to get a better handle on this? OK, you do not have any control over the default foreign key names in the initial CDM -> PDM generation. However, after you change it in the PDM, the next time you generate PD will abide by your names. -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] psyclo@datamodel.org http://www.datamodel.org "Coy Lay" <coy.lay@acm.c...

Name of foreign key
Hello ! I am working on a program we bought. The previous developpers used PowerAMC and I can't find where they precised the way to name foreign keys. Exemple : if the table "Bill" has a reference to the table "Supplier", when I generate the MPD, the reference is converted this way in the table BILL : ID_SUPPLIER. I want to know where "ID_%TABLE%" is defined ? Otherwise, is it possible for certain foreign keys to define in the MCD the name they will have in the MPD ? Exemple : I have an other table where I want one foreign_key to have a special n...

Foreign key name
Hi all, I am using PD 11 . The scenario is: when I create two relations between 2 tables (one with role name and the other without role name) then generate the physical model, and use the %PROLE% as FK column name . when the model generates , one FK gest the role name and the others that hadn't role gest the table name as FK. I want to change the default of tabel name to column name is there any one that knows the solotion? regards, The default behavior is for the parent table column name to be used as the FK column. The columns from the first reference should be the ...

Table design question (to foreign key or not to foreign key)
Our application is a message board and is full of messages, threads, and forums. A message is an individual entry (like the one I'm typing now ;)). Our software gives the user the ability to upload a single file attachment to each message. I can think of a couple different ways to design the two tables: message( messageid numeric identity, attachmentid numeric null, messagetext text, other, message, stuff... ) attachment( attachmentid numeric identity, title varchar, other, stuff ) or message( messageid, messagetext text, other, stuff ) attachment( messageid numeric foreig...

Multiple foreign key for fields
Hi, We are evaluating Power designer version 8 for a reverse engineering for a Progress DB. While evaluating we have come across a problem in getting link between some of the tables for the following similar table combnation. order-table Ordernum Char Prmary key Orderdate Date Suppliernum Char orderdet-table Ordernum Char Prmary key Linenum Integer Primary key Orderdate Date Amount Decimal Invoice-table Invoicenum Char Prmary key Ordernum Char Linenum Integer Orderdate Dat...

multiple use of foreign keys
I am using PD 9.0 target RDBMS is MS Sql Server 2000 I am creating relationships in my CDM that are creating the foreign key columns in the PDM. I want to use the same foreign key into two or more tables, but I have a name collision. If I change the fk column name in the PDM, it changes the source column name as well. Is there a way to have PD generate unique fk column names? Or how can i change only the fk column names in the PDM, leaving the original column name in the source table unchanged? And will these new names remain? Derek Ragona wrote: > I am using PD 9...

Powerdesigner foreign key trouble
Hi, I have a problem in a CDM with the link among the table that become a problem in the PDM. By example, I have to connect tre entity with relation one-many and in every entity I have the same attribute, ex. CODE. If I have to connect two entity to the third entity, but powerdesigner on the conversion from CDM to PDM inserts yhe attribute CODE from every entity on the third part and translate the CODE to %TABLE_NAME%_CODE. I would to be one only CODE on the third entity and the code of any contraints to be ...reference to only parent code. Can anyone help me ? (sorry for my poo...

Cache with multiple key names
Any suggestions on how you would most efficiently cache an object under several different names? An app I'm working on allows you to instantiate an object with one of three different constructors. It checks to see if a key composed of a prefix and the constructor parameter value exists, and if it does it's loaded from cache instead of fetching data from the db. I'm not familiar enough with what goes on under the covers with regards to memory, so is it possible to insert the object when caching under three different key names but only have one physical instance in memory? What about causin...

Naming foreign keys PD9
I would like to change the standard way of naming the foreign keys in the PDM. In the DBMS definition, I change ConstName (Script->Objects->Reference->ConstName) and it works: FK_%CHILD%_%PARENT% leads to the name FK_CHILDTABLE_PARENTTABLE Now, I would like to include the name of the referenced parent primary key column (in this particular model, there is always only one column referenced), but FK_%CHILD%_%PARENT%_%PKEYCOLUMNS% yields FK_CHILDTABLE_PARENTTABLE_ I've tried almost all variables listed in the PDM reference guide, but I don't get there...

Naming of foreign keys in the PDM
When I have relationships between two tables, I cannot influence the name of the foreign key field which is generated. Example: I have two tables: customer, user I have two user references in the customer table, the user who manages the customer and the user who created the customer record. When I generate the PDM I always get the field names "id_user" and "id_user2" which are not really useful. I would prefer "managing_user" and "creation_user". Is there a way to influence these names? Regards, Martin -- Martin Matt Neudorfstr...

Foreign key names #2
Hi all, I like to have all my foreign key names set to FK_%PARENT%_%CHILD% so that I have an idea of what the link is. When I set this up in Rebuild Indexes, I get sporadic parent and child table names. For example, I have 3 tables Template, Customer & Store. When I set up an FK between Template (child) and Customer (parent) I get FK_CUSTOMER_STORE. Sure enough there is an FK between Customer & Store but why is it being referenced ? OK, are you wanting to control the names of indexes or foreign key constraints? FK Indexes: You can't use %PARENT% or %CHILD%...

Web resources about - Multiple Foreign Key names - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Code division multiple access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Code division multiple access ( CDMA ) is a channel access method used by various radio communication technologies. It should not be confused ...

Wollstonecraft man's fear of spiders sparks multiple calls to police
When residents of a Sydney north shore street heard a man yelling &quot;I'm going to kill you, you're dead!&quot; followed by a woman's hysterical ...

Girl, 5, stabbed multiple times outside apartment building in Ballarat; man arrested
A five-year-old girl is in a critical condition after being stabbed multiple times in Ballarat.

Tim Hortons Abruptly Shuts Multiple U.S. Locations, Taking Customers, Staff By Surprise 76
Managers and employees at Tim Hortons locations in New York and Maine say they were let go with virtually no notice this week, amid a round of ...

Ten killed in multiple bombings, armed attacks around Baghdad
Ten killed in multiple bombings, armed attacks around Baghdad

ROEV lets you use multiple charging networks with one account
Filed under: Green , Green Automakers , Electric Blink, ChargePoint, and EVgo are partnering up with ROEV, a new association that will let you ...

Kate Hudson dumped Nick Jonas because she ‘wants to pursue multiple people’
... But not for long, The source also said the Bride Wars star wants to get into the dating scene again. And soon. ‘Kate wants to pursue multiple ...

Manage multiple Google marketing accounts easily
... you work with any partners, vendors, agencies, or clients, you probably even have Google logins for them. The uncomfortable reality of multiple ...

Instagram update lets you seamlessly manage multiple accounts
Instagram is bringing a great new update to Android and iOS that allows users to seamlessly manage multiple accounts. The change means you’ll ...

Despite peaceful protests in Chicago, multiple activists arrested
Protesters have been taking to the streets in Chicago for days now to demand the release of the video of police officer Jason Van Dyke shooting ...