Import into PDM model from sql script

Hello

I am trying to import a new table into my .pdm model from a SQL script. I
got the impression that I could use reverse engineering from script in PD8
to do this. When doing so I can see that something is going on and PD8
finally tells me that the reverse engineering was a succes - but I cant see
anything in the model diagram.

What do I do wrong ?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Best regards

Flemming

First, there are 2 ways to reverse engineer (RE).  One is from File->Reverse
Engineer.  This will create a new model.
The other is from Database->Reverse Engineer Database.  This will add the
new objects to the existing model.  Check your browser pane list of tables.
If you do not see the table listed, then check your script.  In the status
pane, you should see a series of lines like:
Reverse Engineering
Reverse engineers the file your_file.sql...
Lines 2 to 12: Table mytable1
Lines 17 to 21: Table mytable2
The file has been successfully reverse engineered.

If you don't see the tables listed, then you might have an error in your
script.

--
Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
http://www.datamodel.org

<F.Kronhoej> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I am trying to import a new table into my .pdm model from a SQL script. I
> got the impression that I could use reverse engineering from script in PD8
> to do this. When doing so I can see that something is going on and PD8
> finally tells me that the reverse engineering was a succes - but I cant
see
> anything in the model diagram.
>
> What do I do wrong ?
>
> Any suggestion will be appreciated.
>
> Best regards
>
> Flemming

0
Mike

PowerDesigner PDM Extended Model Transformation Scripts
Do you have experience with writing Transformation scripts in a PDM Extended Model definition? Do you know someone who does? I'm wanting to automate some changes in our generation from a CDM to PDM. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040109060107060908040809 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Bruce wrote: > Do you have experience with writing Transformation scripts in a PDM Extended > Model definition? Do you know someone who does? > > I'm wanting to automate some change...

Importing SQL script to the server database using SQL Management Studio
How do i import an sql script to the server using sql management studio? Can someone advise?  I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you trying to create a stored procedure?Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer"I'm better at brewing beer than crafting code but I have to do the latter to do the former. Will code for malt. Hi, Do you want to open and execute the “.sql” file in SQL Server Management Studio?If I have misunderstood, please let me know. In the SQL Server Management Studio, click File -> Open -> File…, choose the “.sql” fi...

GENERAL SQL SERVER: Question about the Script that setups the SQL Server Database.
This is the first time I have created a script for Sql Server 2000, and I have run into a few syntax ereas that I am not familar with. Bellow is a section of the script from the Portal server packages. At the end of the sample, is "ON [PRIMARY], Can anyone explain to me what this does and why the primary key isnt setup inside the code itself? I am basically trying to take parts of the script and incorrporate it into my own script and hate added syntax that I dont understand, makes debugging a real pain in the future. CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Portal_Announcements] ( [ItemID] [in...

calling a sql script from another sql script
Hi, does anyone know how to call a sql script (Note: not a stored procedure) from another sql script in sybase? In oracle, you just put @ before the script name. I haven't been able to find out how to do it in sybase. Any help will be greatly appreciated. -Yilin Yilin Cai wrote: > > Hi, does anyone know how to call a sql script (Note: not a stored > procedure) from > another sql script in sybase? In oracle, you just put @ before the > script name. > I haven't been able to find out how to do it in sybase. Any help will be > greatly > app...

SQL query from script in PDM
Hi all, In a PDM I'd like to populate some extended attributes from SQL queries. Does anyone know how it could be done? I can set the extended attributes, can create the query string, but I don't know how to connect to the database and how to run it. TIA, Gabor Here is a simple Oracle example.... I am sure you can adapt to your DBMS Hope this helps tPW = inputox("Enter Oracle Password", "Heading") set oDbConn = createobject("ADODB.connection") oDbConn.connectionstring = "Data Source=xxxxxx; User Id=xxxxx; pwd="+tPW+...

Import of ERWin Model into Powerdesigner
Hi experts, when I import an ERwin model into Powerdesigner I get the tables, but the structure of the model is completely destroyed. What can I do? Is there a solution to this problem? Thank you for your help. Regards. Harald F�st Harald.Foest@viaginterkom.de By the "structure of the model" do you mean the graphic layout? If that is what you mean, then you are going to be disappointed by my answer, which is that PowerDesigner doesn't decode the graphic layout information from the ERX file. All it does is get the basic data dictionary information. The o...

PowerDesigner
Hi all, I,ve bought a SQL Modeler version with the Adaptive Server. Good tool. But I only can select the Sybase target Databases. We are using a Linux MySQL Database ;-). So first: Is it possible to extend the XDB schemes for the MySQL database? and did someone have such a scheme? Regards Alex Forget it! I just deinstalled the Modeler! A program with doesn't save when it is told to do so is not a working tool for me! Thanks Alex Alex Kempkens wrote: > Hi all, > > I,ve bought a SQL Modeler version with the Adaptive Server. Good tool. > But I...

SQL Modeler script out of order
I am using SQL Modeler 6.1.3.659 and when it generates a script to create the tables, keys and views, it ends up putting the views between the table definitions and the foreign key definitions. This is okay unless I have a view using key joins which ends up getting errors because the foreign keys do not exist yet. Is there a way to change the order of the generation or do I have to generate a script for the tables and keys and then do a script for the views(which is no fun)? There isn't any way currently to control the object order in the generated DDL. The best solutio...

How to import SQL script into another
Hi folks, I have a lot of scripts. I want one main script and import other scripts into it and load with isql. Please give me a example how to import script into another. Thanks Surya On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 19:56:30 -0800, Surya wrote: > Hi folks, > > I have a lot of scripts. I want one main script and import other scripts > into it and load with isql. > > Please give me a example how to import script into another. isql doesn't support that sort of thing. You'd have to build some sort of external "merge" tool (in perl, VB, etc) that ...

Syntax to call a t-sql script from another t-sql script
I need to know how to call a t-sql script from another t-sql script. In Oracle I can add a line: @tce_load_company.sql to a sql command file, and it will run that file. This allows me to have a single "master" file that has all of my lower level table initialization values. What is the syntax for doing this in SQLServer? Thanks, Chris Emerson "Christopher A. Emerson" wrote: > I need to know how to call a t-sql script from another t-sql script. > > In Oracle I can add a line: @tce_load_company.sql to a sql command file, and it > will r...

ASA SQL Modeler script out of order
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this. Sorry if it's not. I am using SQL Modeler 6.1.3.659 and when it generates a script to create the tables, keys and views, it ends up putting the views between the table definitions and the foreign key definitions. This is okay unless I have a view using key joins which ends up getting errors because the foreign keys do not exist yet. Is there a way to change the order of the generation or do I have to generate a script for the tables and keys and then do a script for the views? Try asking on powersoft.public.powerde...

Importing a script into SQL Server Express
I am having trouble importing a database script into SQL Server Express. The script is from the Web Applications book from the Microsoft MCSD exams. My installation of SQL Server Express appears to be fine as I can login and create/delete databases through it. When I attempt to import the database script I get a variety of errors as follows:Msg 911, Level 16, State 1, Server ORTHANC\SQLEXPRESS, Line 1Could not locate entry in sysdatabases for database 'Contacts'. No entry found with that name. Make sure that the name is entered correctly.Msg 15401, Level 16, State 1, Server ORTHANC\SQLEXPRES...

ImportExport.aspx will import to sql locally on sql express but when I upload it to my host it does not import
I have this ImportExport.aspx control http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/ImportExportCSV.aspx and it works great locally. When I upload it to my host I keep getting this error. Cannot find table 0. Error importing. Please try again It will export just fine. I am able to export a sql table to a csv so I do not beleive its my appsettings but here they are just in case<add key="connsql" value="server=sql394.mysite4now.com;database=mtgowarbots;Trusted_Connection=false;uid=users;password=KibblesNBits" /> <add key="connmsa" value="Provider=...

Column sort order in PDM / SQL scripts?
How to change the column sort order for SQL script generation in the PDM model? I changed the sort order via the table properties dialog (sheet "columns"). However my custom ordering is only visible within this dialog, but not in the model and it is not considered by PowerDesigner when generating the SQL scripts for the tables. How to change that behaviour in order to get correct column sort order in the generated scripts? In PD15.1 it is working very well. bms wrote: > How to change the column sort order for SQL script > generation in the PDM model? > I chan...

Web resources about - Import into PDM model from sql script - sybase.powerdesigner.general

List of countries by imports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of countries by imports , based on the World Trade Organization and The World Factbook . For comparison purposes, some non-sovereign ...

Perfect Audience Performance Reporting API Allows Facebook Advertisers To Import Data
Advertisers that use Facebook Exchange can now import data on their ads, campaigns, and conversions into their own customized reporting dashboards ...

Oakland Opens the Wallet for Cuban Import
Looks like Billy Beane really is sticking to that Window. After spending the offseason trading away two of the better young starting pitchers ...

How to Import Your Blog Into Facebook
Inside Facebook has recently written about simplifying how you use Facebook with other social media tools in order to make life a little easier. ...

Export Import Business Group
Here we are, people in the business of export and import from all over the world. I invite you people also to join for more info of the business ...

#1 Cheat for Ruzzle ~ find the best words with free auto game import! on the App Store on iTunes
Get #1 Cheat for Ruzzle ~ find the best words with free auto game import! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Secretary Kerry Delivers Remarks at the Export-Import Bank Annual Conference - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry delivers remarks at the Export-Import Bank Annual Conference in Washington, D.C., on April 24, 2014. [State ...

Christmases come at once for Canberra Cavalry imports at Percy households
When a Canberra Cavalry player is billeted by ground announcer Matt Percy and his family, the unofficial initiation is usually a big spoonful ...

Apple adds iPhones to Lightning to USB Camera Adapter compatibility list, photo import works under iOS ...
... reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple adds iPhones to Lightning to USB Camera Adapter compatibility list, photo import works ...

RYAN AND RUBIO: American Companies Will Go Bankrupt If We Don’t Import More Foreign Workers!
By Julia Hahn In a Tuesday morning interview with radio host Bill Bennett, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) defended his omnibus bill’s controversial expansion ...