Import Excel - URGENT

Hi All,

How will i import excel to PDM. I created excel with column
as Name with value ABC, Column with value as
last_name,first_name,middle_initial,employee_number,tel_number
,tel_ext 1
..

It is creating table with name as ABC and column with
last_name,first_name,middle_initial,employee_number,tel_number
,tel_ext 1
it is not creating multiple columns
last_name
first_name
like...

How will i create datatype and other properties?

regards,
Manoj.V
0
Manoj

Hi Manoj,

When you create your excel spreadsheet for importing to a
pdm, the column headings should be attributes that you would
see if you had columns displayed in a table.  For instance,
you would have Name, Code, DataType, Comment, etc.
Under Name, you would have Last Name, Under Code, you would
have LAST_NAME, under DataType, you would have VARCHAR2(30),
and under Comment, you would have VARCHAR2(100).  Lastly,
have a column in the excel spreadsheet with the heading
Table.code.  Under Table.code, you would repeat your table
name, ABC.

> Hi All,
>
> How will i import excel to PDM. I created excel with
> column as Name with value ABC, Column with value as
> last_name,first_name,middle_initial,employee_number
> ,tel_number ,tel_ext 1
> .
>
> It is creating table with name as ABC and column with
> last_name,first_name,middle_initial,employee_number
> ,tel_number ,tel_ext 1
> it is not creating multiple columns
> last_name
> first_name
> like...
>
> How will i create datatype and other properties?
>
> regards,
> Manoj.V
0
LesW
1/14/2011 1:12:55 PM
Hi Les,

i donno your name. But Thanks for the response and help.
could you please put setps by step. For multiple columns , i
am not able to do. please help.

Thanks in advance
manoj.V
> Hi Manoj,
>
> When you create your excel spreadsheet for importing to a
> pdm, the column headings should be attributes that you
> would see if you had columns displayed in a table.  For
> instance, you would have Name, Code, DataType, Comment,
> etc. Under Name, you would have Last Name, Under Code, you
> would have LAST_NAME, under DataType, you would have
> VARCHAR2(30), and under Comment, you would have
> VARCHAR2(100).  Lastly, have a column in the excel
> spreadsheet with the heading Table.code.  Under Table.code
> , you would repeat your table name, ABC.
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > How will i import excel to PDM. I created excel with
> > column as Name with value ABC, Column with value as
> > last_name,first_name,middle_initial,employee_number
> > ,tel_number ,tel_ext 1
> > .
> >
> > It is creating table with name as ABC and column with
> > last_name,first_name,middle_initial,employee_number
> > ,tel_number ,tel_ext 1
> > it is not creating multiple columns
> > last_name
> > first_name
> > like...
> >
> > How will i create datatype and other properties?
> >
> > regards,
> > Manoj.V
0
manoj
1/14/2011 2:05:19 PM
Spreadsheet:

Name           Code        Datatype     parent.code
last name      LAST_NAME   Varchar2(30)    ABC
first name     FIRST_NAME  Varchars(20)    ABC

Import spreadsheet:
Import Table AS: Table.column
Name, Code, and Datatype should match automatically.
Parent.code should be related to <Parent> from the drop down
list.

> Hi Les,
>
> i donno your name. But Thanks for the response and help.
> could you please put setps by step. For multiple columns ,
> i am not able to do. please help.
>
> Thanks in advance
> manoj.V
> > Hi Manoj,
> >
> > When you create your excel spreadsheet for importing to
> > a pdm, the column headings should be attributes that you
> > would see if you had columns displayed in a table.  For
> > instance, you would have Name, Code, DataType, Comment,
> > etc. Under Name, you would have Last Name, Under Code,
> > you would have LAST_NAME, under DataType, you would have
> > VARCHAR2(30), and under Comment, you would have
> > VARCHAR2(100).  Lastly, have a column in the excel
> > spreadsheet with the heading Table.code.  Under
> > Table.code , you would repeat your table name, ABC.
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > How will i import excel to PDM. I created excel with
> > > column as Name with value ABC, Column with value as
> > > last_name,first_name,middle_initial,employee_number
> > > ,tel_number ,tel_ext 1
> > > .
> > >
> > > It is creating table with name as ABC and column with
> > > last_name,first_name,middle_initial,employee_number
> > > ,tel_number ,tel_ext 1
> > > it is not creating multiple columns
> > > last_name
> > > first_name
> > > like...
> > >
> > > How will i create datatype and other properties?
> > >
> > > regards,
> > > Manoj.V
0
LesW
1/14/2011 2:58:13 PM
Hi Les,

Thanks for the response.

My Excel worksheet name is Table, which have rows

Name	Owner	Comment
ABC	dba	Testing Excel

The next worksheet name is Table.Column, which have rows
Name	Code	Datatype	parent.code
Last_name	Last_name	Varchar2(30)	A
First_name	First_name	Varchar2(30)	A

Third Worksheet is Table.Key

Name	Code	parent.code
Key-1	Key-1	A
Key-2	Key-2	A

But it is not creating columns and datatypes and keys. it is
creating only Table.

For Datatype , there is no Attribute Type to select as
datatype in the import screen.For Keys and columns there is
relation radio button selected and then select column and
key. But not possible in case of datatype.

when i create excel file in this format like
Name	Owner	Comment	Keys	Columns
A	dba	Testing Excel	Key-1	last_name
A			key-2	First_name

It is creating column.

regards,
Manoj.V

> Spreadsheet:
>
> Name           Code        Datatype     parent.code
> last name      LAST_NAME   Varchar2(30)    ABC
> first name     FIRST_NAME  Varchars(20)    ABC
>
> Import spreadsheet:
> Import Table AS: Table.column
> Name, Code, and Datatype should match automatically.
> Parent.code should be related to <Parent> from the drop
> down list.
>
> > Hi Les,
> >
> > i donno your name. But Thanks for the response and help.
> > could you please put setps by step. For multiple columns
> > , i am not able to do. please help.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > manoj.V
> > > Hi Manoj,
> > >
> > > When you create your excel spreadsheet for importing
> > > to a pdm, the column headings should be attributes
> > > that you would see if you had columns displayed in a
> > > table.  For instance, you would have Name, Code,
> > > DataType, Comment, etc. Under Name, you would have
> > > Last Name, Under Code, you would have LAST_NAME, under
> > > DataType, you would have VARCHAR2(30), and under
> > > Comment, you would have VARCHAR2(100).  Lastly, have a
> > > column in the excel spreadsheet with the heading
> > > Table.code.  Under Table.code , you would repeat your
> > table name, ABC. >

0
Manoj
1/14/2011 3:21:35 PM
Manoj,
   It looks like you created a table named ABC?  If so,
change the value in parent.code to contain ABC instead of A.

> Hi Les,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> My Excel worksheet name is Table, which have rows
>
> Name    Owner    Comment
> ABC    dba    Testing Excel
>
> The next worksheet name is Table.Column, which have rows
> Name    Code    Datatype    parent.code
> Last_name    Last_name    Varchar2(30)    A
> First_name    First_name    Varchar2(30)    A
>
> Third Worksheet is Table.Key
>
> Name    Code    parent.code
> Key-1    Key-1    A
> Key-2    Key-2    A
>
> But it is not creating columns and datatypes and keys. it
> is creating only Table.
>
> For Datatype , there is no Attribute Type to select as
> datatype in the import screen.For Keys and columns there
> is relation radio button selected and then select column
> and key. But not possible in case of datatype.
>
> when i create excel file in this format like
> Name    Owner    Comment    Keys    Columns
> A    dba    Testing Excel    Key-1    last_name
> A            key-2    First_name
>
> It is creating column.
>
> regards,
> Manoj.V
>

> > Spreadsheet:
> >
> > Name           Code        Datatype     parent.code
> > last name      LAST_NAME   Varchar2(30)    ABC
> > first name     FIRST_NAME  Varchars(20)    ABC
> >
> > Import spreadsheet:
> > Import Table AS: Table.column
> > Name, Code, and Datatype should match automatically.
> > Parent.code should be related to <Parent> from the drop
> > down list.
> >
> > > Hi Les,
> > >
> > > i donno your name. But Thanks for the response and
> > > help. could you please put setps by step. For multiple
> > > columns , i am not able to do. please help.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > > manoj.V

> > > repeat your table name, ABC. >

0
LesW
1/14/2011 4:21:05 PM
Hi Les,
Sorry for the confusion, in Excel sheets table name is 'A'
only.
Name    Owner    Comment
A    dba    Testing Excel

It is correct, the table name is 'A' and created a table 'A'
also.
But is not working. Do you have a mail id so that i can send
screen shots?

regards,
Manoj.V
> Manoj,
>    It looks like you created a table named ABC?  If so,
> change the value in parent.code to contain ABC instead of
> A.
>
> > Hi Les,
> >
> > Thanks for the response.
> >
> > My Excel worksheet name is Table, which have rows
> >
> > Name    Owner    Comment
> > ABC    dba    Testing Excel
> >
> > The next worksheet name is Table.Column, which have rows
> > Name    Code    Datatype    parent.code
> > Last_name    Last_name    Varchar2(30)    A
> > First_name    First_name    Varchar2(30)    A
> >
> > Third Worksheet is Table.Key
> >
> > Name    Code    parent.code
> > Key-1    Key-1    A
> > Key-2    Key-2    A
> >
> > But it is not creating columns and datatypes and keys.
> > it is creating only Table.
> >
> > For Datatype , there is no Attribute Type to select as
> > datatype in the import screen.For Keys and columns there
> > is relation radio button selected and then select column
> > and key. But not possible in case of datatype.
> >
> > when i create excel file in this format like
> > Name    Owner    Comment    Keys    Columns
> > A    dba    Testing Excel    Key-1    last_name
> > A            key-2    First_name
> >
> > It is creating column.
> >
> > regards,
> > Manoj.V
> >

> > > Spreadsheet:
> > >
> > > Name           Code        Datatype     parent.code
> > > last name      LAST_NAME   Varchar2(30)    ABC
> > > first name     FIRST_NAME  Varchars(20)    ABC
> > >
> > > Import spreadsheet:
> > > Import Table AS: Table.column
> > > Name, Code, and Datatype should match automatically.
> > > Parent.code should be related to <Parent> from the
> > > drop down list.

0
Manoj
1/14/2011 4:47:14 PM
The only other thing you can try - instead of parent.code
column headings, try table.code column headings.  That's
what I had in my spreadsheet.

> Hi Les,
> Sorry for the confusion, in Excel sheets table name is 'A'
> only.
> Name    Owner    Comment
> A    dba    Testing Excel
>
> It is correct, the table name is 'A' and created a table
> 'A' also.
> But is not working. Do you have a mail id so that i can
> send screen shots?
>
> regards,
> Manoj.V
> > Manoj,
> >    It looks like you created a table named ABC?  If so,
> > change the value in parent.code to contain ABC instead
> > of A.
> >
> > > Hi Les,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the response.
> > >
> > > My Excel worksheet name is Table, which have rows
> > >
> > > Name    Owner    Comment
> > > ABC    dba    Testing Excel
> > >
> > > The next worksheet name is Table.Column, which have
> > > rows Name    Code    Datatype    parent.code
> > > Last_name    Last_name    Varchar2(30)    A
> > > First_name    First_name    Varchar2(30)    A
> > >
> > > Third Worksheet is Table.Key
> > >
> > > Name    Code    parent.code
> > > Key-1    Key-1    A
> > > Key-2    Key-2    A
> > >
> > > But it is not creating columns and datatypes and keys.
> > > it is creating only Table.
> > >
> > > For Datatype , there is no Attribute Type to select as
> > > datatype in the import screen.For Keys and columns
> > > there is relation radio button selected and then
> > > select column and key. But not possible in case of
> > datatype. >
> > > when i create excel file in this format like
> > > Name    Owner    Comment    Keys    Columns
> > > A    dba    Testing Excel    Key-1    last_name
> > > A            key-2    First_name
> > >
> > > It is creating column.
> > >
> > > regards,
> > > Manoj.V

0
LesW

---=_forums-1-dub4d308ea9

Manoj,

   I attached my spreadsheet.  As you go through the import
of spreadsheet, you will see Import Table 3 times, once for
Table, once for Table.column and once for Table.key.  Make
sure you have the right drop-down item selected.  When you
see the table.code import, select <Parent> from the
drop-down list.

> The only other thing you can try - instead of parent.code
> column headings, try table.code column headings.  That's
> what I had in my spreadsheet.
>
> > Hi Les,
> > Sorry for the confusion, in Excel sheets table name is
> > 'A' only.
> > Name    Owner    Comment
> > A    dba    Testing Excel
> >
> > It is correct, the table name is 'A' and created a table
> > 'A' also.
> > But is not working. Do you have a mail id so that i can
> > send screen shots?
> >
> > regards,
> > Manoj.V
> > > Manoj,
> > >    It looks like you created a table named ABC?  If so
> > > , change the value in parent.code to contain ABC
> > > instead of A.

> > > of datatype. >

---=_forums-1-dub4d308ea9
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[...]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA/v8AAAUBAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAA
AOCFn/L5T2gQq5EIACsns9kwAAAAoAAAAAcAAAABAAAAQAAAAAQAAABIAAAA
CAAAAFgAAAASAAAAaAAAAAwAAACAAAAADQAAAIwAAAATAAAAmAAAAAIAAADk
BAAAHgAAAAgAAABsd29uZwAAAB4AAAAIAAAAbHdvbmcAAAAeAAAAEAAAAE1p
Y3Jvc29mdCBFeGNlbABAAAAAgJlbNgW0ywFAAAAAAE6V6xO0ywEDAAAAAAAA
[...]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP7/AAAFAQIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEA
AAAC1c3VnC4bEJOXCAArLPmuMAAAAOQAAAAJAAAAAQAAAFAAAAAPAAAAWAAA
ABcAAABoAAAACwAAAHAAAAAQAAAAeAAAABMAAACAAAAAFgAAAIgAAAANAAAA
kAAAAAwAAADBAAAAAgAAAOQEAAAeAAAACAAAAENEUEhQAAAAAwAAAA8nCwAL
AAAAAAAAAAsAAAAAAAAACwAAAAAAAAALAAAAAAAAAB4QAAADAAAABgAAAFRh
YmxlAA0AAABUYWJsZS5jb2x1bW4ACgAAAFRhYmxlLmtleQAMEAAAAgAAAB4A
AAALAAAAV29ya3NoZWV0cwADAAAAAwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
[...]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---=_forums-1-dub4d308ea9--
0
LesW

Importing comment from word/excel --> powerdesigner
Hi, We use PowerDesigner as a 'cleaning tool' in order to normalize numerous database. When a database has some documentation (Mainly data dictionnary) in word or excel format I would like to import those comments on the sybase document (cut and copy or whatever) Any idea ? Thank for your help I use VBScript to pull comments from excel spreadsheets. You can find it on the Sybase CodeXchange web site, along with a few other scripts I've written. -- Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase] http://www.datamodel.org mike@nospam!datamodel.org Sybase product enhancement r...

Importing Excel into SQL Server 2005 with Import Wizard
I have several spreadsheets given to me which are in Excel 2007 file format. So, I've saved them as Excel 2003. I run the SQL Server Import and Export Wizard in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio from my local PC againist an online 3rd party hosted database. Initially I was getting errors yet the data was imported, so I wasn't too concerned. Now, on one file, only 8 records out of 285 records are imported. Here is the latest error messages extract: Messages * Error 0xc0202009: Data Flow Task: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error co...

Importing Excel
I figured this was already posted but I couldn't find it. I'm developing a web app that allowers the user to upload me a formatted excel file and then I need to transfer the data into a database. For the most I got it all working... upload to excel file, throw the data into a dataset and throw the dataset into my table. Whan I'm having trouble with is the first line of the excel file. For whatever reason it's reading the first line as headers. Is there an easy way around that? Thanks in advance. Before we dive into our sample code, there are a couple of other points to consider. First,...

importing excel
Hello all, I'm really having a hard time understanding this tutorial.  I'm trying to follow http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/032608-1.aspx tutorials to get my spreadsheet into an existing sql server database.  Here is my code.  I have a spreadsheet with two columns (ReturnDocumentID and ReturnRecordType) and a table in the database with those two columns and an ID column.  I can connect to and bind the data to a gridview with no problems, but when I try to insert it into the database I get errors about my return method or a primary key violation.&nb...

Import excel
It's easy to import excel by pb. Anyone give me the sample code on import excel by java. Thanks in advance. Check out the POI project (more specifically the HSSF sub section): http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/ The quick guide page has a sample of reading from and writing to a workbook: http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hssf/quick-guide.html Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation "iris" <irispangtech@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:428a1de5$1@forums-1-dub... > It's easy to import excel by pb. Anyone give me the sample code on import > excel by jav...

Excel Import
Hi All,   I am trying to, first upload and then import excel spreadsheet into my DB.  Most of it works except that when I run the import only the first 20 item codes are imported.  The rest are blank.  It seems to be something to do with the Item Code itself.  The app imports the items code that are similar to 53074, i.e. all start with 53, but once the item codes change to 003A90002, everything there after is ignored. I have included the ability to view the uploaded Excel Document, but even that does not display the offending item codes,  I have checked th...

Excel Import
Do you know of any third-party tools for importing Excel files (xls) via Delphi (2005 and later) ? Ed TSMImport http://www.scalabium.com > Do you know of any third-party tools for importing Excel files (xls) via Delphi (2005 and later) ? Just for curiosity.. Why looking when there are native components in Delphi? Hello Edwin, try Flexcel from TMS Software Bruce > Do you know of any third-party tools for importing Excel files (xls) > via Delphi (2005 and later) ? > > Ed > We used XLSReadWriteII for many years... very fast component http://a...

import to excel
Hi! How to import my current form data to excel sheet Current form data contains in tabular format presently we are using Response.Contentype="application/vnd.ms-Excel" Response.addHeader("Content-Disposition","inline,filename=ExcelRPT.xls")   Displaying error is File format is not matching but this code is works for gridview format Have you considered using the ReportViewer control with an embedded report? It will handle the Excel export in native Excel. -j-CSK is back! See my blog http://blog.microsoft-j.net for more details. Hi sailajaranit,...

Excel Import
Using PB 8.0.1 How can i read values in an Excel worksheet, and insert it in a datawindow? Anyone have an example of that? Tanks in Advance See Application Techniques OLE chapter for examples. /ck "Pere Pie" <perepie@retemail.es> wrote in message news:dvZk3pyiBHA.375@forums.sybase.com... > Using PB 8.0.1 > > How can i read values in an Excel worksheet, and insert it in a datawindow? > > Anyone have an example of that? > > Tanks in Advance > > Depending how your Excel data is structured, you can use a pipeline. Se...

Import from Excel
Can you please tell us what is best way to import data from Microsoft Excel. 1. Using ODBC driver 2. Through DDE Communication with Excel 3. Save Excel sheet as tab delimited data and import into datawindow. Thanks in advance. RAJ It depends. 1) Requires that you have a Named Range in Excel, with the first row used for Column headers. Works well, unless you have columns that have a mix of alpha and numeric values. Even if ODBC thinks the column is a char, it will skip the rows with a numeic value in that column. 2) OLE is more robust than DDE and gives you th...

Excel Import
Hi all, Any idea of importing properties/ columns from excel to PDM/LDM? Regards, Manoj.V ...

Import From Excel
Hi: I have an xls file formatted like so: Loc Nbr jan feb mar apr may jun jul aug sep oct           ..... 0000000 9.86 9.85 0 0 0 10.03 9.96 9.94 9.93 9.92         ..... 0000021 9.46 9.58 9.49 9.5 9.7 9.67 9.84 9.67 9.59 9.68         ......  But I changed my table structure to this: Loc Nbr   Month Value 0000021   jan 9.46 0000021   feb 9.58 My goal is to copy the da...

Import from excel
Which is the easiest method to import from excel  to asp.net? Pretty easy:http://davidhayden.com/blog/dave/archive/2006/05/31/2976.aspx Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Dear Friend, Thanks.I think the language used is C#. I want it in VB.I want to store the data in excel file in a table in sql server database and display it in a Gridview.Please help me.... Thanks   Hi, You can use Convert C# to VB.NET ( http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/) to convert this code to VB.NET version...

Import Excel
Hi! I want to add an 'import from excel' functionality to my app. I have a table with customers and a specific excel that has the new customers which is prepared every week from the accountant. What is the best way to import them into a datawindow (or ultimately in the db table)? I am using WinXP SP2,Powerbuilder 9 and 10, MS SQL Server 2000 SP3a Sorry, my English are poor... Thanx in advance The simplest approach is probably to connect to the Excel file with ODBC. It then looks like a database to PB. If the data can be saved in CSV format, you could also us...

importing from Excel
Dear All, I am importing data from ExCel to a SQl SERver 2000 table.For this I am using this function which reads the data from Excel and inserts it into the SQL 2000 table.    // Create Connection to Excel Workbook            try            {                using (OleDbConnection connection = new OleDbConnection(excelconnectionString))          &n...

Web resources about - Import Excel - URGENT - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Gaza imports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Import of goods into the Gaza Strip is limited as part of the 2007–present blockade of the Gaza Strip imposed by Israel and Egypt . Israel allows ...

Instagram 4.1 Adds Ability To Import Video, Automatic Straightening
Facebook-owned photo-sharing network Instagram released Instagram 4.1 last week, which added the ability for users to import video from their ...

Oakland Opens the Wallet for Cuban Import
Looks like Billy Beane really is sticking to that Window. After spending the offseason trading away two of the better young starting pitchers ...

Import and Publish YouTube Videos to Your Facebook Page with Cueler YouTube
Cueler is a useful and easy Facebook application that allows Page administrators to automatically synchronize their YouTube videos to their Facebook ...

Export Import Business Group
Here we are, people in the business of export and import from all over the world. I invite you people also to join for more info of the business ...

HelloSign - Scan or Import Documents to Sign for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch ...
Get HelloSign - Scan or Import Documents to Sign on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Secretary Kerry Delivers Remarks at the Export-Import Bank Annual Conference - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry delivers remarks at the Export-Import Bank Annual Conference in Washington, D.C., on April 24, 2014. [State ...

The Kronies: Laughing All The Way to the Export-Import Bank - YouTube
Get Konnected at http://thekronies.com/ In this very special episode of "The Less You Know", Johnny and Bobby learn a valuable lesson about campaign ...

Kayla Standish cycle complete as US forward follows sister to Adelaide Lightning as WNBL import - AdelaideNow ...
ADELAIDE Lightning is racing the clock to have new American forward Kayla Standish cleared in time to join the team in its WNBL clash with the ...

Four caught in alleged Syd cocaine import - The Courier-Mail Search Search
THREE men have been arrested after allegedly trying to import 20 kilograms of cocaine into Sydney on a cruise ship.