How to include a text file on a BLOB Oracle column?

Hi people!

In my program, I construct a text file that, at end, I want
to save it on a BLOB column in an Oracle table. Can could I
do it?

Thank you all in advance!
0
SEAD

Assuming you are writing a VBScript program to work in PowerDesigner.
Then you can read and write to a database via ODBC.
See the ODBCConnect.vbs sample script in the VB Scripts directory for
an example of an ODBC connection and execution of a SQL command.
HTH
Jay Stevens [TeamSybase]

On 15 Jul 2008 11:50:42 -0700, SEAD wrote:

>Hi people!
>
>In my program, I construct a text file that, at end, I want
>to save it on a BLOB column in an Oracle table. Can could I
>do it?
>
>Thank you all in advance!
0
vjaystevens
7/17/2008 12:10:52 AM
Hi Jay!

In fact, I=b4m already doing many other database operations
use ADODB. However, I tried to put a file on a blob column
through insert operation but I got the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01704: string literal too long

It follows the code:

      Dim oTextStream, sFileContents
      Set oTextStream =3d
system.OpenTextFile(log_file_name,1)
      sFileContents =3d oTextStream.ReadAll
      str_sql =3d "UPDATE ADMREPDIC.AV_SIST SET BI_REL=3d '"
+ sFileContents + "' WHERE SQ_AV_SIST =3d '" + cStr(seq) +
"'"
      cnx_consolidacao.Execute(str_sql)
      oTextStream.Close
      Set oTextStream =3d nothing

How could I correct the code?
Thank you a lot!

SEAD

> Assuming you are writing a VBScript program to work in
> PowerDesigner. Then you can read and write to a database
> via ODBC. See the ODBCConnect.vbs sample script in the VB
> Scripts directory for an example of an ODBC connection and
> execution of a SQL command. HTH
> Jay Stevens [TeamSybase]
>

> On 15 Jul 2008 11:50:42 -0700, SEAD wrote:
>
> >Hi people!
> >
> >In my program, I construct a text file that, at end, I
> want >to save it on a BLOB column in an Oracle table. Can
> could I >do it?
> >
> >Thank you all in advance!
0
SEAD

Storing a blob variable in a blob column (Oracle)
Im trying to use UPDATEBLOB to store a blob in an Oracle db. The column is of type blob. SQLCode = 0 after the UPDATEBLOB is called, but nothing is stored in the db. The same embeded sql workes fine against a MSSQL db. What am I missing here? Im using PB 9.0.2 Build 7509 Best Regards Vegard. I had the same problem. I change the column datatype to LONG RAW and my code work fine. "Vegard" <vt@syncronos.no> escreveu na mensagem news:436601f0@forums-2-dub... > Im trying to use UPDATEBLOB to store a blob in an Oracle db. The column is > of type bl...

Including an HTML file or a text file in a CGI script
Hi all, I want to make a Perl script and I want to include an HTML file in a certain place in it. I would also like to be able to include a web page from other sites and a text file also. Thank you for any tips. Teddy, My dear email address is orasnita@yahoo.com _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com On 4/2/02 4:22 PM, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi all, Hi Teddy, > I want to make a Perl script and I want to include an HTML file in a cert...

Project Manager: show include files, and misc notes text files?
I use a number of "include" files in a project, using {$INCLUDE SomeStuff.pas} Is there a way to show these files in the Project Manager, along with the other source code files, so I don't have to rummage around using "Open..." each time I want to work on one? While we're at it: is there any way to list one or more plain text files, used to keep certain notes, in the Project Manager as well? THANKS, Kevin On 05.11.2010 18:41, Kevin Killion wrote: > I use a number of "include" files in a project, using > {$INCLUDE Some...

Load a Text File, Search a Text File

Append a text file to an existing text file
Hello, Is there a way to append a text file to an existing text file. For example, File A: Jan Feb Mar April ... File B: 10 30 40 20 ... After appending job, the File A would be like below. Jan Feb Mar April ... 10 30 40 20 ... TIA On Sep 18, 11:49=A0am, backgoo...@gmail.com (Back9) wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to append a text file to an existing text file. > For example, > File A: > Jan Feb Mar April ... > > File B: > 10 30 40 20 ... > > After appending job, the File A would be like below. > Jan Feb Mar April ... &g...

How to append a text file to an existing text file
Hello, Is there a way to append a text file to an existing text file. For example, File A: Jan Feb Mar April ... File B: 10 30 40 20 ... After appending job, the File A would be like below. Jan Feb Mar April ... 10 30 40 20 ... TIA Hi, It's a basic job in Perl, just open, read, and print. open B with read mode; read the content of B into memory (ie, save to a variable); close B; open A with append mode; write B's content to A; close A; 2008/9/19 Back9 <backgoodoo@gmail.com>: > Hello, > > Is there a way to append a text file to...

Oracle Blob column
I'm having problems with an Oracle Blob column that is indexed. When I open the document in PB, using an OLE Database blob a (Word) document, and open and close the document without making any changes to the document the data window has a status of being modified. Once the data window is updated that document is no longer found in the index. Does anyone have any ideals on why the modifiedcount() is greater than 0? Or have experience with PB and indexed Oracle Blobs? Thanks You might put a trace on the database connection and check to see if you aren't getting an error ...

Inserting BLOB Type column data with other columns data(normal Text)
In below code, SQL Statement is used to Insert BLOB Type data using Serialization. It is required to insert other (normal text) with BLOB Type data as well. Like to get below SQL statement amended so that all the columns(ID,name, blob) can be inserted. Just now below code working fine Inserting BLOB Type data. I think it is not stright forward way to insert all the columns(normal text) with BLOB?  1 protected void button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) 2 { 3 //Connection string 4 string oradb = datasource= mysource;userid="xyz" password="passwo...

Merge two text columns into one text column
Hi Everyone.. I would like to know what is the best way to merge two text column into one test column in the table. Thanks pbj ANY HELP PLS.. Are you using any front end application or unix or just the isql to merge two text datatype columns? If you are using any front end application then it should not be a problem to merge the two text datatype columns. ...

Including text files in reports
Hi! I am using version 5.0 of Infomaker. One of the fields in my database points to text files. In Infomaker I am able to create a report which lists this field for each record. For example, my report may list records as follows: Record1 Description1 c:\file\1001.txt Record2 Description2 c:\file\1002.txt Record3 Description3 c:\file\1003.txt Do you know if it's possible to instead print out the whole text file for each record on the report instead of just its directory name? And can anyone tell me how to do it? Thanks! Carol Hurrey ...

One Text File need to compare with Million Text File
Hi All  We are going to develop windows based .net application (one text file need to compare with Million text file).  Can anyone suggest which logic should be done for this.  Srinivas Hi srinivasg77 and Welcome to ASP.NET Forum... Well, it's interesting problem to compare one file with million other files. But first, we need to know some more information in order to give you our opinions or advices.I would like to know- In which folder you will keep your Million text file? (if you refer to Million as MILLION FILES :) )I will suggest you to use some .NET Library...

Include text from TXT file
Hi Guys,  I don't know much about the technical details of my server, but here's what I do know and what I'm looking to do.  I have an ASPX page that is running perfectly as-is.  Currently, if I need to update one of the tables, I have to manually type the data I want displayed into teh table.  What I would LIKE to have, is for the table to be pulled from a TXT file on my server.  How do I get the ASPX page to "include" / "read" the txt file for HTML to put into the page?   Overall, I want to allow people other than myself to "update" the page, but I d...

Oracle Blobs to Physical Files
Hi Everyone, I am not sure if this is the right place to post my question.  I am currently working on converting our existing Document Management web application into ASP.NET.  I am actually almost done with the front end.  My concern now lies in the backend which is having to migrate all our existing data to our new servers.  To give you an idea, our previous Document Management webapp stores files as BLOBS into our Oracle tables.  My dilemma now is doing the data migration.  I need to know how I can convert all those BLOBs into r...

File Upload to Oracle BLOB
Ugh. I am trying to use the UpsAndDowns script I found on The Code Project (http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/upsanddowns.asp). Wayne uses ODP.NET. At the time, I had Oracle Client 9iR2 installed. So, I installed ODP.NET, and the installation seemed to work ok. Until I tried to use the upload component, that is. Here is what I get when I open the page: Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Mess...

Web resources about - How to include a text file on a BLOB Oracle column? - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Edge Side Includes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is an application of edge computing . It is fairly common for websites to have generated content. It could be because of changing content ...

INQ Android App SO.HO Now Includes Instagram Feeds, Along With Facebook News Feed, Twitter
In March, U.K.-based social application creator INQ released Android app SO.HO , which allows users to toggle back-and-forth between their Facebook ...

Travis Kalanick - I thought I'd include a FB post I just... - Facebook
I thought I'd include a FB post I just did responding to a concern that Uber's SF service was decreasing in quality. _________________________ Hey... ...

Facebook for Android update includes event creation, multi-photo upload and more
Facebook released an update for Android today that includes event creation, multi-photo upload and new features for messages. Android users ...

Legendary Oscar Publicist’s Legacy Includes ‘The Murray Rule’
At the very end of Mike Barnes ’ THR obituary for Murray Weissman , a USC journalism grad who went on to essentially invent the craft of Oscar ...

Amazon’s 12 best deals of the day include a virtual laser keyboard, a big 4K TV and more
... of deals each and every day to pick out some of the best bargains out there, and today we have some awesome deals for you to check out. Included ...

Obama’s Gun-Control Plan Includes Gun-Ban For Some Social Security Beneficiaries
Obama's Gun-Control Plan Includes Gun-Ban For Some Social Security Beneficiaries

Bills' 2016 schedule includes six games against 2015 playoff teams, ranks as 10th-most difficult in NFL ...
To end a 16-year playoff drought, the Buffalo Bills will face teams next season that compiled a .520 winning percentage in 2015, going 133-123. ...

A Terror Group Takes Up Hillary’s Claim — Includes Trump In Recruitment Video
'Tomorrow [America] will be a land of religious discrimination and concentration camps'

PGA Awards Nominees: Diverse Film List Includes ‘Brooklyn’, ‘Compton’ & ‘Ex Machina’; No ‘Star Wars’ ...
... winners will be announced January 23 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Los Angeles. The diverse list on the theatrical film side include ...