How to generate Powerbuilder extended attributes for columns in PD9.5?

When I perform a PowerBuilder extended attribute generation,
Only extended attribute for TABLE can be generated, No for columns?

0
TianJian

Are you sure you looked at the column properties sheet?
Also, you have to import the PowerBuilder extended model definitions.
In your PDM:
Click on Model -> Extended Model Definition
2nd icon from the right on the toolbar (Import)
Select PowerBuilder.
In my PDM this gave me about 16 PowerBuilder extended attributes for my
columns.

--
Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
http://www.datamodel.org

"TianJian" <tianjian@bj163.com> wrote in message
> When I perform a PowerBuilder extended attribute generation,
> Only extended attribute for TABLE can be generated, No for columns?

0
Mike
1/8/2003 3:05:19 PM
I faced similar problem, Let me elaborate on what I did...

Since our environment is replicated setup, I wanted to include some details
about the tables and columns that are being replicated.
I could not find any means to do it, so I introduced extended attributes to
table level and column level.

I changed the template to take different generation time actions depending
on the values set for the extended attribute of the column
For doing this I added New items under the "Table", like "CreateReplication"
and called it from "AfterCreate" Item

Example: In "Table.AfterCreate"   Item entry, I have script as follows
..if (%ExtTablePartition% > 1)
%CreatePartition%
go
..endif
..if (%Replication% != "None")
%CreateReplication%
..endif

"Table.CreateReplication" Item has entry as below
--Please create the replication definition for %Replication%
sp_setreptable %TABLE%, true

The above works fine...

but the real problem is at the column level

At the column level I added scripts to "AfterCreate" and "AfterModify"
items..

Example:
Column.AfterCreate  Item has the following entries (where the "RepColumn" is
a extended attribute)
..if (%RepColumn% != false)
ALTER REPLICATION DEFINITION XXXX_%TABLE%
ADD COLUMN %20:COLUMN% %30:DATATYPE%[ default %DEFAULT%]
[%IDENTITY%?identity:[%NULL%][%NOTNULL%]]
      [%CONSTDEFN%]
      (NOTE: TEXT MUST HAVE NULL SYNTAX)
go
..endif

The problem is "%TABLE%" does not have any value when the script is
generated.

I also tried including the same to "ModifyColumn" and "Create" items, but
the
..if (%RepColumn% != false)
statement does not evaluate properly because "%RepColumn%" extended
attribute is not available for this item.

Please let me know
1. if there is any thing I'm doing wrong
2. whether the same can be acheived in VBS
3. is this a bug that needs to be reported?

Thanks
SundarRajan Krishnan

"TianJian" <tianjian@bj163.com> wrote in message
> When I perform a PowerBuilder extended attribute generation,
> Only extended attribute for TABLE can be generated, No for columns?

0
SundarRajan

SOS !!! PowerDesigner 9 / PowerBuilder6.5 How to setup PB columns Extended Attributes!!!
In PowerDesigner 6.1.4 , we were able to setup very easily all of PowerBuilder Extended Attributes , specifically extended attributes on table column , for example Dropdownlistbox , radiobuttons .. . How can we do the same in PowerDesigner 9 ? Thanks Lascaris Geo Which version/build of PowerDesigner are you testing? In the latest version/build, you can do a lot of things with PowerBuilder extended attributes. -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] psyclo@no_spam.datamodel.org http://www.datamodel.org "Lascaris Georgia" <zlas@emphasis-systems.gr>...

generate PB6.5 extended attribute to ORACLE 8.0.5
Hi: When I generated powerbuilder attributes to ORACLE 8.0.5, I got a message "ORA-00923:FROM keyword not found where expected" and got failed. why? Best Regards ...

PowerBuilder Extended Attributes #5
Hi, I am still using PD 6 AppModeller very successfully to design databases and various elements of the editing functionality in datawindows, e.g. dropdown list boxes, checkboxes, etc. In our environment it makes sense to design the database and certain elements of the user interface concurrently. Most of the datawindows are generated and compiled with no further modification, other datawindows are created on-the fly. The ability to describe and generate the relevant data to the PbCat... tables makes our methodology work for us. I am currently reviewing PD 11 and also working with P...

PowerDesigner Extended Attributes for PowerBuilder
Hello everyone. I'm creating a database using PowerDesigner Physical Architect 8.0 and would like to enter descritpions for each of my table columns that can be imported into PowerBuilder's external attribute PBCATCOL table. I see that PowerDesigner also allows you to define external attributes, but I'm not sure how to set these up for PowerBuilder and import them into that tool when I generate the database. Can anyone help? Thanks! Steve ...

PowerBuilder Clientside extended attributes in PowerDesigner
I wnat to know the status of support for PowerBuilder Clientside extended attributes in PowerDesigner. Any information you could provide regarding the status of this would be greatly appreciated. As far as I can tell, the support was dropped after appmodeler v6? True? Thank you for your help. Petro Firstly, the PowerDesigner newsgroup would be a better place to ask this instead of the PowerBuilder newsgroup. Going to get a heavier concentration of people that use it over there. Secondly, from a PB perspective, I think you'd need to clarify what you're asking. From a...

PowerBuilder Attributes.. in PowerDesigner 7.5?
Is there any PowerDesigner (PD) release 7.5 equivalent to PD AppModeller for PowerBuilder (Vers. 6)? Or does PD 7.5 include ist functionality? If so, how is it possible to access and define PowerBuilder Attributes within PD 7.5 and how can the corresponding PowerBuilder system tables be generated (PD 6 has the functionality, Generate PowerBuilder Attributes..'). If PowerBuilder Attributes can be handled in PD 7.5 I like to know the following: Is there any tool that allows to import PowerBuilder Attributes from a Version 6 PDM, because it seems that they get lost, when the PDM is mi...

PowerDesigner 7.5 Extended attributes
Need help with extended attributes. I am using data architect and I do not find extended attributes on the table properties as help states? Are they still supported in pd 7.5? Extended attributes in PD 7.5 are very closely integrated with the Database or Object Language Definition files. Thus to add them you need to go into the definition for your particular database or object language and add them to the objects desired. See the last section of the DBMS Definition File Reference Guide, in the Advanced Documentation book of the Online Documenation. Once you add an extended attri...

How can i generate column extended attributes to DBMS?
In pd6,i can do it by select client->generate powerbuilder attributes how can i do in pd9?? tools--->powerbulider---->generate extended attributes execute me. Because My english is not good enought to answer this tipic.so = I use Chinese. Chen wei long : =CE=D2=CF=EB=C4=E3=CA=B9=D3=C3=B5=C4=CA=C7Powerdesigner6.0=20 Appmodeler=B0=C9=A3=AC=BA=C3=CF=F1=D5=E2=B8=F6=B0=E6=B1=BE=BF=C9=D2=D4=B2= =FA=C9=FAPB=B5=C4=C0=A9=D5=B9=CA=F4=D0=D4=A3=AC=B5=AB=CA=C7=C8=E7=B9=FB=C4= =E3=CA=B9=D3=C3=B5=C4=CA=C77.0/7.5/8.0/9.0=B5=C8=A3=AC=C4=E3=BE=CD=D5=D2=B2= =BB=B5=BD=B5=D8=B...

Help! how to define identity attribute in PowerDesigner for Powerbuilder datawindwo column
I know how to specify the database attribute for identity column in PowerDesigner ( I am using AutoIncrement as default since I am using ASA 6 ) but I need help setting the corresponding datawindow column's attribute for identity column. I saw in PowerDesigner help for identity but it did not make sense to me. I can not find the place to specify identity. In PowerBuilder datawindow, there is an attribute for Identity that tells PB to retrieve the value of the column after update if the value of the column is was null. I'm stumped on this one. Have you tried posting ...

PowerDesigner 6.0.0 and PowerBuilder 6 Extended Attributes
Hi everybody, I'm using PD6.0.0 to construct database model.I found it problems to generate PB6 extend attributes. When I have generated the physical model,I select <Dictionary> <Extended Attributes> <Import Attirbutes...> and select (powerbld.exa). Then connect to database which was now Oracle7.3 . And select <client><PowerBuilder Attributes Generation...>. But I get an ODBC Error : String length exceeds column length Parameter #6 Then a PD error: An error has occured while inserting data in Table '"SYSTEM".pbcattbl'. T...

PD9.5 default column constarint name from the parent table extended properties
Hi! How can I make a default column constraint name settings in a DBMS resource file, from the parent table extended properties? I tried to reference the Table and the Outer objects, like %Outer.Attribute% and a %Table.Attribute%, but it does not work. Thanks Csaba I don't think you can do that with extended attributes. However, you should be able to write a VBS script to apply the naming convention to all of your column constraints. If this doesn't help, please submit an enhancement request (or bug report, depending on how you feel about this). -- Michael...

Generating Extended Attribute values when generating PDM from CDM
Hi Everyone, I've defined an extended attribute for every attribute (column) for my CDM's and PDM's. I've given each the same name, 'Expected Growth Percent'. When I generate a PDM from the CDM (or vice-versa), I want the generation to preserve any value that exists for the attribute or column in the source model. The advanced user documentation hints that it should be possible using VBS, but I don't know VBS well enough to be able to verify if this is true for my version, 9.5.2.920. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance for your ...

powerbuilder attribute generation
hello all! i am using powerdesigner 6.1.3 and adaptive server anywhere 6.0. i made a pdm and want to generate attribute into pb repository but found that the pbc_tname and pbc_cnam column in pb tables equals to pdm entry's code property but not name property. i want to dump the talbe and column's name property into pb repository. any help? thanks in advance! ...

Extended Attributes #5
I have an extended attribute on each column that I want written to the database with the generate database script. How can I accomplish this? I see that the ColumnComment will script in as an extended attribute but how do you get user defined values to script in? Thanks, Kevin ...

Web resources about - How to generate Powerbuilder extended attributes for columns in PD9.5? - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles