How to generate Powerbuilder code from table

I am trying to figure out how to generate an NVO (nonvisual object) with
standard getter/setter methods from a table.

The ObjectArchitect module does a reasonable job of allowing the creation of
an NVO with private instance variables whose access is controlled via
get/set methods.  However, I can't see a way in ObjectArchitect to pull a
table from a datasource and then build a new class from it.  Basically, I
just trying to do a standard Java-style value object (pseudo-container
managed persistance).

Thanks,
Jason

0
Jason

You reverse engineer the table into the Physical model, then generate the
Object-Oriented model.  If you already have a PDM, open it and click on
Database -> Reverse Engineer to merge the new table into the existing
schema.  If you have already generated from that PDM into the OOM, then when
you regenerate, it will prompt you to add the new class for the new table.
If you don't have a PDM yet, then you can generate from the OOM to a new
PDM, to get a list of tables representing the classes.  Then you can reverse
engineer (as above) from the database into that PDM.
Or you can start by reverse engineering the database into a new PDM, then
generating from there to the existing OOM, using Object-Relational mapping
(V9.5 feature) from table columns to class attributes.

So, you have a number of options, depending on where you are currently.

--
Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
http://www.datamodel.org

"Jason Vogel" <jasonvogel@poboxes.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to figure out how to generate an NVO (nonvisual object) with
> standard getter/setter methods from a table.
>
> The ObjectArchitect module does a reasonable job of allowing the creation
of
> an NVO with private instance variables whose access is controlled via
> get/set methods.  However, I can't see a way in ObjectArchitect to pull a
> table from a datasource and then build a new class from it.  Basically, I
> just trying to do a standard Java-style value object (pseudo-container
> managed persistance).
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

0