how do you do a select into using powerbuilder 8.0 connecting to sql server 7.0

I have a powerbuilder app that used to connect to a sql anywhere database
that is now connecting to sql server. I have found an equivalent to the
today(*) function:
select substring(convert(char(10), getdate(), 120), 1, 10)

The problem with this is that it will not work in a select-into because sub
quereies are not allowed. So, what I want to do is a select-into using the
above conversion query, store it in a local date variable above but I keep
getting a syntax error(I have also tried using a local string variable and
I get the same error) . Here is the code that generates the error:

SELECT substring(convert(char(10), getdate(), 120), 1, 10)
  INTO :ld_today ;

Any help would be great. Thanks
0
dave_aubertine

You might get better answers in the PowerBuilder forum.

--
Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
psyclo[at]datamodel[dot]org

<dave_aubertine> wrote in message
> I have a powerbuilder app that used to connect to a sql anywhere database
> that is now connecting to sql server. I have found an equivalent to the
> today(*) function:
> select substring(convert(char(10), getdate(), 120), 1, 10)
>
> The problem with this is that it will not work in a select-into because
sub
> quereies are not allowed. So, what I want to do is a select-into using the
> above conversion query, store it in a local date variable above but I keep
> getting a syntax error(I have also tried using a local string variable and
> I get the same error) . Here is the code that generates the error:
>
> SELECT substring(convert(char(10), getdate(), 120), 1, 10)
>   INTO :ld_today ;
>
> Any help would be great. Thanks

0
Mike

PROBLEM with PB 7.0.3 AND SQL SERVER 7.0 USING SQL CURSOR
I am having a problem running a sql command with a cursor with Native drivers for MS sql Server 7.0.If i use ODBC or take out the order by clause in the statement it works fine By the way I am running powerbuilder 7.0.3 build 10009 The error code is : (Error 10008 (DB-Library) DB-Library Severity Level 9 Message Text ad token from SQL Server: Datastream processing out of synchronization) here a sample of the code DECLARE cur_Sec1 CURSOR FOR SELECT DISTINCT COL1,COL2 FROM TABLE1 WHERE COL1 = ??? ORDER BY COL1 ASC ; <<<<<<<<<<< ...

Connect MS-SQL 7.0 in PowerBuilder 7.0
In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? Please post to the powersoft.public.powerbuilder newsgroups This is dedicated to PB issues when used within Jaguar Masun wrote: > In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but > in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. Jorge, Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example: SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=<your ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. Jorge, Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example: SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=<your ...

PB 8.0.0.1
We have a module whereby we insert/update records using a SP. We grab all the datawindow column values into variables and execute the SP using those variables. The SP has 90 parameteres. I get a GPF when calling this SP using OLE DB. The same thing works fine using native driver. I am using PB 8.0.1 ( Build 8004 ) and MS SQL Server 7.0 on a Windows 2000 computer. Any help in this matter will be appreciated. Thanks, Ashish. Are any of those parameters OUT parameters? Are you calling the stored procedure in embedded SQL or as via RPCFUNC on the transaction object? ...

Chinese became chaos code on PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to SQL server 7.0
I used PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to SQL server 7.0, I keyed in Chinese data when Chinese became chaos code on display. I preview or print out also got the chaos code. I used OLE DB to link with SQL server 7.0 Please give me comment to fix it. -- Best Regards Wong Tat Ming Tel: 25235090 Email: tmwong@diagnostix.com.hk You need the Unicode versions of these.... PB 10.0 or higher plus SS2005 will get you to full Unicode compatibility. "chu" <chuchoy@msn.com> wrote in message news:4588d7be$1@forums-1-dub... > I used PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to ...

Connection to SQL Server 7.0 using a trusted connection
Can someone help me with connecting to SQL Server via PowerBuilder 7.01 using a trusted connection. I have never connected to a database in this manner. My application has a login window where the users enter a user_id and password. The script in this window gets the user_id and password and populates the SQLCA.UserID and SQLCA.DBPass. The script then connects to the database. The client that will be using my application wants to use SQL Server with NT Authentication which means a trusted connection. How do I accomplish this connection if no user_id and password has been entered? ...

8.0.3 (5002): Selecting from proxy table gives -656 Unable to connect to server 'server': Connection in use"
ASA 8.0.3, selecting from a proxy table, and the proxy table is on the same machine/engine. On one machine, we're getting: "Unable to connect to server "B": [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Connection in use" error 656 So, database "A" is trying to connect to database "B" and failing. I've never seen this one before. The only other database connections are from Mobilink and another application of ours, and they are only connecting to database "A". Even with Mobilink not running (and our application), and only using DBISQLC ...

POWERBUILDER 7.0
I am having problems getting updates to commit through powerbuilder. We have a few layers of stored procedures which make the queries a little long. Have tried MSS, ODBC, OLE DB connections, we've been messing with connection options for weeks, nothing seems to work. ODBC traces show success. This may not help you much; but, we have been using PB 7.0 with MS SQL Server 7.0 for months in a production application and have never had a problem with commits on updates (using native MSS drivers). So, I would look at your own code. Where do you issue the commits? regards ...

pb 7.0.3 build 10089 and sql server 7.0 : Slow Connection
We've got the same problem as earlier mentioned by Ken Freeman (see message below), but we're using pb version 7.0.3 Build 10089 and sql server 7.0?!!? Can anyone help us? "Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003). > Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds. > Now it takes several minutes. > > Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown? > > Thanks, > Ken > > ...

SQl server 7.0 and Powerbuilder 9.0
Hello there. I have this situation we,re working with Powerbuilder 9.0 and SQL Server 7.0 with an original application developed in Powerbuilder 6.5, this mean that we made the update to 9.0, well after that in some SQL that involve string field like char or varchar the values were evaluated with double quoted like this example type in "1","2". Select * from clients Where tipo in " 1","2" Well this syntax generated error because dont recognize del double quote, now the syntax must use single quoted '1', '2' li...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

Web resources about - how do you do a select into using powerbuilder 8.0 connecting to sql server 7.0 - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles