Generate change script

PD 12.5.0.2169
Database SA 11.0.0.1264

I an trying to generate a script that will update my production
database with the new changes.  I pulled up both compare models and
merge model and I can see the differences but I can't seem to find a
way to generate the script to apply the changes.  What am I missing?

Thanks.
0
James

Save your orignal model with the extension .apm.
Only open the model with the changes.  Select 'Database/Modify Database'
(this is 'Database/Apply Model Changes to Database' in PD 15).  Choose the
'Archive Model' (apm) as your source to compare to.
The dialog also contains other options for how to generate the script, etc
after the merge/compare is complete.

Chris

"James L. Blackburn" <jamesb@round2consulting.com> wrote in message
> PD 12.5.0.2169
> Database SA 11.0.0.1264
>
> I an trying to generate a script that will update my production
> database with the new changes.  I pulled up both compare models and
> merge model and I can see the differences but I can't seem to find a
> way to generate the script to apply the changes.  What am I missing?
>
> Thanks.

0
Chris
12/9/2008 7:35:46 PM
Thanks, That worked.

On 9 Dec 2008 11:35:46 -0800, "Chris Baker" <chris.baker@sybase.com>
wrote:

>Save your orignal model with the extension .apm.
>Only open the model with the changes.  Select 'Database/Modify Database'
>(this is 'Database/Apply Model Changes to Database' in PD 15).  Choose the
>'Archive Model' (apm) as your source to compare to.
>The dialog also contains other options for how to generate the script, etc
>after the merge/compare is complete.
>
>Chris
>
>"James L. Blackburn" <jamesb@round2consulting.com> wrote in message
>> PD 12.5.0.2169
>> Database SA 11.0.0.1264
>>
>> I an trying to generate a script that will update my production
>> database with the new changes.  I pulled up both compare models and
>> merge model and I can see the differences but I can't seem to find a
>> way to generate the script to apply the changes.  What am I missing?
>>
>> Thanks.

0
James

Generate SQL create script will generate utf16 of utf32 file, can I change this?
The reason I want to change this is because my current version control software (SubVersion 3) can't handle utf16 and utf32 as text files. So I can't diff the revisions.Thanks! When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question; this ensures the right forum member gets credit below for being helpful (and makes search more relevant too). SQL Server uses UCS-2 which is UTF16 so all you need is to do Unicode collation,  in 2000 it can be enabled on the column level and in 2005 you can even use it in your DML (data m...

HSQL-script generated in Powerdesigner
Is it possible to generate a HSQLDB-script with Powerdesigner15? ...

PDM
It must be possible, but I don't see how... to generate a script to alter an existing table(s) from some baseline, rather than generating them from scratch. I can reverse engineer the current database, and then compare it to the existing model, but all of the changes that it wants to do involve updating the model to look like the database, whereas I want to generate an SQL script to make the database look like the current version of the model. I know there has to be a way to do that. What am I missing here? Thanks You need to select Database>Modify Database. Yo...

changing the order of objects in script generation
I'm writing a DBMS-file for a database which is not defined in powerdesigner. In this database it is possible to create a table check (in which we can specify the values of the columns). When I create a new column in an existing table and I put a table check on this table (which includes the new created column), the creation sequence in the generation script is wrong: the table check is created before the column is created in the table. Is it possible to change the sequence in which the Objects are 'mentioned' in the generation script? ...

sql script generation -- how to change default
I'm currently using PD11 and SQLServer2000 schema... though I'm actually generating scripts for a SQLServer2005 database. 1) Is there a new schema that I can use for PD11 and SQL2005? I understand it is available for PD12 (which is in beta)... 2) If not, I am trying to generate scripts that make use of "Schemas" in SQL2005 and I am running into some difficulty with some of the generated scripts. e.g. execute sp_bindefault MY_DEFAULT_VALUE, 'MyOwner.MyTable.MyColumn' The problem is that "MySchema" is NOT being generated. I go into Databa...

Powerdesigner
We are currently using PowerDesigner 6 to convert an Informix database to Oracle 8i. We were hopimg to generate some test data by creating a script from the existing Informix database using the dictionary/profile option and the database/generate test data option. Unfortunately the options only seem to allow one column of data to be extracted. If more than one column is selected (e.g. select * in the sql window) then the 2nd and subsequent columns are populated with data from the first column. Is this a bug or is there a work around or is there an alternative product that uses P...

Domains in PD7.5-generated script incompatible with DataArchitect 6.1-generated scripts
In DataArchitect 6.1.3 and earlier the datatypes had a T_ prepended to them automatically (e.g. T_MYDOMAIN). Now in PD7.5, they don't have the T_ prepended. This causes problems for me because: if some of my customers have had their database created with the old domain name, T_MYDOMAIN, and some customers will now have their databases created with new domain name, MYDOMAIN, then: A) Stored procedures that use T_MYDOMAIN won't work with databases that use MYDOMAIN, and vice versa. B) Schema update scripts won't know which domain names to use. C) etc. I tried adding t...

Login Scripts -Using a Script to Change all Login Scripts in Tree?
I'm in the middle planning a SAN consolidation. Naturally, the login script attributes of several Profile objects and Containers point to various data sources. I would LOVE to not have to modify all the scripts after moving data to the new SAN. Anyone know of method of modifying all the login scripts at once? Being able to do a search and replace of text strings in login scripts would greatly simply the whole process. Does BASH offer anything that can facilitate this in OES-Netware? You can do this script driven with "Quick for NDS" - see http://www.novell.co...

PowerDesigner 11 (Names generated for Defaults changed?)
Prior to this last week we've been using PowerDesigner 8 to manage all of our database models. However, we recently purchased version 11.0 and it is my job to check all of our models in version 11 and iron out any kinks we have might come across. In doing so today I opened one the workspace for one of our database models, opened the CDM, and clicked "Generate Physical Datamodel" (so I could check for differences) when I noticed the naming convention for domain defaults had been changed. In version 8 a default value was prefixed with "D_" having the same name as...

PowerDesigner 12.0 Generating Database Scripts from PDM
Hi, I'm creating a ms-SQL Server 2000 Script to create my database, based on a PDM, the problem is that I can do it only once after creating the PDM (from a CDM), if I want to re-create it (after some change on my CDM then recreation of my PDM) the list of database objects (packages-Entities) appear empty, so I have to close PowerDesigner, open it again, open my CDM, Generate my PDM, then create the Script. Does anyone know how to solve this?, I guess is something over the config environment, but can't figure it out. Thanks Something doesn't sound right. In the PDM,...

Generate Database Script from PDM without opening the powerdesigner
Hi All Is there any way to Generate Database Script from PDM without opening the powerdesigner.Say from command window or from any other application . Thanks for your help in advance I assume you want to know if you can gen your db as part of an automated (nightly) build? The answer is yes, you must just convince PD to open with the right model - this may involve setting your pref so pd opens without any /last model or changing your regisrty so it open with your model and then changing reg back after your gen finished. At this time wsh (windows script host) is the simplest ...

Launch PowerDesigner generation commands in a .bat ou ant script
Is it possible to launch the PowerDesigner scripts generation (Modify or Generate Database) in a command line without using the PowerDesigner GUI ? Not that I know of. -- Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase] http://www.datamodel.org mike@nospam!datamodel.org Sybase product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement <Cedric Gerard> wrote in message news:4108c2f7.7458.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is it possible to launch the PowerDesigner scripts > generation (Modify or Generate Database) in a command line > without using the PowerDesigner ...

How Do I create a MS Access database from a PowerDesigner 7.5 generated script?
I dont know how to create a new MS Access 95/97 database from scratch using the PD7.5 generated .sql script. The 'usage' information presented after the script generation is quiet confusing, cause I don't know the features neither in MS Access nor in PD7.5. I did the same with PD6.x and the generated script was VB-Code and everything was fine. Thank's, Stefan Hi, I had the same problem last week. But I finally worked it out. In the PowerDesigner directory (the directory where PD is installed) go to the Tools subdirectory. There you see two MS-Access databa...

Probable bug in PowerDesigner 9.5.1.736 Evaluation (Script Generation)
While evaluating PowerDesigner 9.5.1.736 I came across the following problem while using Triggers and Procedures Generation: I created a number of User Defined procedures (approx 30). However, 1 of the procedures had mistakenly been set as a Function, using the drop-down list in the Procedure Properties > Definition tab. I then tried to create a generation script using Database > Generate Triggers & Procedures... When I selected the Script Generation radio button, the Create Procedure checkbox and the Drop Procedure checkbox from the Triggers and Procedures Generation ...

Web resources about - Generate change script - sybase.powerdesigner.general

VigLink Generates Revenue For Facebook Page Owners Through Link Posts
... to give something back to page admins when they share links . Newly rebranded VigLink Anywhere (formerly just a part of VigLink) helps generate ...

Battle of the brands: Which retailers generate the most Facebook user engagement?
This year has been slow going for for some of the biggest brands on Facebook, with top retailers experiencing a drop in engagement and volume ...

In the Germany iPhone app market, how many downloads/day does one need to generate to become a Top 10 ...
Answer (1 of 3): It highly depends on the country of course. For Germany it takes on a typical day 4k downloads to hit the Top Overall 50 free ...

Document Pro- Create & Edit Rich Text Documents and Generate PDF. on the App Store on iTunes
Get Document Pro- Create & Edit Rich Text Documents and Generate PDF. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

All sizes - Google Webmaster Tools - Generate robots.txt - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

TGO generate electricity from People Power using TGO green energy gyms! - YouTube
A world- first for TGO Green Energy Gym Technology. TGO Green Energy Gym Technology harnesses people power with cardio outdoor gym equipment ...

Andy Murray's moan over grunting just generates a groan
While Rafael Nadal was repositioning himself among the game's big four last week, Andy Murray was groaning about his opponents grunting to a ...

Coal generates more election heat
A contentious plan to open new coalfields in the Latrobe Valley has been quietly shelved until after the state election amid ongoing public anxiety ...

Westfield deal generates $69.5m in banker fees
J.P. Morgan, Rothschild, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, UBS and Morgan Stanley are among a host of investment banks to receive millions in fees.

New taste sensation Akiba generates excitement on opening night
Owners of Canberra's next big eatery, Akiba, are keen to differentiate themselves from the competition.