Display Key columns and all columns for tables in one diagram

In Tools->Display Option-> Object View ->Table, you could
choose
to display only key columns, PK columns, top X columns or
all
columns for tables. But it applies to the whole diagram. I
wonder whether we could do it on table level, say to display
all
columns for fact table but just PK columns for dimension
tables
so we could squeeze one subject area in one page.

Thx,

Richard Mei
BMO Financial Groups
0
Richard

Manually drag up the bottom of the table outline to show just the columns
you want.

--
Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
http://www.datamodel.org

<Richard Mei> wrote in message news:4048e691.5c87.846930886@sybase.com...
> In Tools->Display Option-> Object View ->Table, you could
> choose
> to display only key columns, PK columns, top X columns or
> all
> columns for tables. But it applies to the whole diagram. I
> wonder whether we could do it on table level, say to display
> all
> columns for fact table but just PK columns for dimension
> tables
> so we could squeeze one subject area in one page.
>
> Thx,
>
> Richard Mei
> BMO Financial Groups

0
Mike
3/7/2004 1:21:45 AM
A more involved approach would make use of the column's
"display" property that can be set on/off either manually or
with a VBscript.  Using a VBscript, the autosize method, and
possibly an extended attribute, you might be able to
automate most of what you are doing.

Rick Bell

> Manually drag up the bottom of the table outline to show
> just the columns you want.
>
> --
> Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
> http://www.datamodel.org
> mike@nospam!datamodel.org
> Sybase product enhancement requests:
> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>
> <Richard Mei> wrote in message
> > news:4048e691.5c87.846930886@sybase.com... In
> > Tools->Display Option-> Object View ->Table, you could
> > choose to display only key columns, PK columns, top X
> > columns or all
> > columns for tables. But it applies to the whole diagram.
> > I wonder whether we could do it on table level, say to
> > display all
> > columns for fact table but just PK columns for dimension
> > tables
> > so we could squeeze one subject area in one page.
> >
> > Thx,
> >
> > Richard Mei
> > BMO Financial Groups

0
Rick
3/8/2004 1:52:30 PM
The problem with the display property is that it is global, not per diagram.
If you set a column to be hidden, it won't display in any diagram.

--

<Rick Bell> wrote in message news:404c7a9e.266b.846930886@sybase.com...
> A more involved approach would make use of the column's
> "display" property that can be set on/off either manually or
> with a VBscript.  Using a VBscript, the autosize method, and
> possibly an extended attribute, you might be able to
> automate most of what you are doing.
>
> Rick Bell
>
> > Manually drag up the bottom of the table outline to show
> > just the columns you want.
> >
> > --
> > Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
> > http://www.datamodel.org
> > mike@nospam!datamodel.org
> > Sybase product enhancement requests:
> > http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
> >
> > <Richard Mei> wrote in message
> > > news:4048e691.5c87.846930886@sybase.com... In
> > > Tools->Display Option-> Object View ->Table, you could
> > > choose to display only key columns, PK columns, top X
> > > columns or all
> > > columns for tables. But it applies to the whole diagram.
> > > I wonder whether we could do it on table level, say to
> > > display all
> > > columns for fact table but just PK columns for dimension
> > > tables
> > > so we could squeeze one subject area in one page.
> > >
> > > Thx,
> > >
> > > Richard Mei
> > > BMO Financial Groups

0
Mike

Display multiple columns in Gridview from One Column of SQL table
Hi I have a table in sql with 2 columns and I want to display that in multiple columns in Gridview. SQL Table No.            Type 1               A1 1               B2 2              A2 2               B2 3        &...

Display Multiple Columns from the Database in One Column of a Table in the Form
Hi, I have a table with several columns in the database and I want to display this some of these cols in one column. So for example: I have in the table, NameCustomer, TitleCustomer, and DescriptionCustomer and I want to display this info in one col of a table, just like that: NameCustomer TitleCustomer DescriptionCustomer Those three in one col, I do not know if can use a datagrid or something else, Does any body has a suggestion?  Hi Use a repeater to populate your columns. Thanks  Wonder is the beginning of wisdom[ If my p...

Problem in retrieving data from two table when one column entry in each table are same but no column in these table match with each other
Hello there!,       First of all i have two tables . one acts as a master table and other one acts as a details table. Currently the ptoblem with my procedure is, i have entered two entries for one project in the Master table. and to briefly discribe those two entries in the master table , i have entered two entries in the Details table corresponding to the entries in the master table. Now i need to combine the master table entries and the details table entries for the same project which should give only two entreies. but my procedure gives four entries. Could yo...

populating a column in one table with data in a column from another table?
Hi,I have one main table and multiple smaller tables, the main table consists of all the information gathered from the smaller tables, plus some other data. I've set primary keys for all the smaller tables and created a relationship where the primary key id matches an id field inside the main table eg. there's a smalltableid column in both the smaller table and the main table.some misc info:i'm using a dataset (should the key in the dataset be pointing to the main table, or the smaller one?)both relation and foreign key constraints are created (with no rules set)my problem is, the data from ...

Display Multiple Columns into One Column
My first ASP.NET/SQL project. I'm creating an Asset Management DB. I wish to view the Asset number, the full name of the user it's assigned to and the Make and Model of each record in the DB. However assets are split into different categories e.g. monitors, PCs, Preinters etc. and they are all in different tables. The SQL below displays the asset number, Name of person assigned and the model of the asset. SELECT Hardware.AssetNo, [User].FullName, MonitorModel.Model, PCModel.Model AS Expr1, PrinterModel.Model AS Expr2 FROM Hardware INNER JOIN [User] ON Hardware.UserID = [User].User...

"auto-reuse columns" with foreign key columns gives auto-renamed duplicate table columns
PD: 12.5.0.2337 EDF17 DBMS: MSSQLSRV2005 We have composite keys on our tables to enforce relationships between records referenced from the same instance. For example, we have a Companies table with pk COMPANYID and a ContactPersons table with pk COMPANYID, CONTACTPERSONID. Orders can be created referencing a mandatory company, plus an optional contact person which has to be a contact person of that company. We model this by creating 2 fields in the Orders table: COMPANYID and CONTACTPERSONID plus 2 foreign keys into the Companies and ContactPersons tables. i.e. both foreign keys sh...

two db table column, one datagrid column
Dear all, I have a db table which have two column, first name and last name. Can I show them in one datagrid column? Thanks Yes you may. Through the usage of the TemplateColumn, yes. An example of this: <code> <asp:DataGrid runat="server" ID="dgSomeGrid">     <Columns>         <asp:TemplateColumn>             <ItemTemplate>                 <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataSource, "LastName") %&g...

Only one table column in n-columns presentation style
Hi all, I think it�s better to explain our problem with an example. Any idea to do this data (2 records): ID: 1 DATE: 19/01/2000 OBS: 11111111111 22222222222 333333 aaaaaaaa line444ae q qwe qweqee ID: 2 DATE: 19/01/2000 OBS: ad asdasda as fffffffffff hhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmPPPPPPPPPP ooooo on one DataObject (something) like: ************ ID: 1 DATE: 19/01/2000 OBS: 111111111111 aaaaaaaa 444ae 22222222222 q qwe qweqee 333333 ************ ID: 2 DATE: 19/01/2000 OBS: ad asdasda as PPPPPPPPPP ...

When is a column not a column?
I have several extremely similar datawindows that I have to maintain that go against the same table. Recently, I had to add a column to that table, and also add the column to ALL of these datawindows that go against this table. I added the column to the first datawindow, set up the edit control style, etc. I then did a copy/paste of the columns edit control to the remaining dw's (of course remembering to first add the column in SQL). Everything (update props, column specs, column props) seems to indicate that the pasted column is linked to the column I selected, HOWEVER, when I...

GridView lookup column
I have a database with the following structure: Events (ID, Date, Description); People (Name ...); and Attendance (ID, Event, Name). I want to (for a given person) list all the events that that person attended in a GridView. I have this working, except that instead of listing the date of the event in the table, it lists the ID, which is meaningless. Is there a way I could display in two columns the event date and description rather than the ID for each event that that person attended? I want to leave ID the primary key to allow for multiple events on the same date.1 <asp:GridView ID=...

No table index exists or at least one table index column is not included in data source. Data can be displayed but not updated.
No table index exists or at least one table index column is not included in data source. Data can be displayed but not updated. I get this error when trying to build a form, i'm connected to a remote database, the DBA states I have permissions on the tables i'm working with. There is no index on these table, all columns in table are being included in form i get this error. Been unable to find any info on this error in user documentation. Thanks in advance. Melissa Johnson Forms require that there is a unique index / primary key on a table. If neither of those exis...

[*-)]how to delete all columns except one column for the corresponding column name......?
hi friends,          i've a table with (columns) username, content,data,........... i need to delete all column names(i.e.,content,data,........) except username for the specified username. eg: consider username=mahendran. i've to delete the values in the content,data,...............for the username=mahendran. but username should exist.how to do that?pls help me......  ---------------------------------------------------Don't forget to "Mark as Answer" if you are satisfied. Use the following  DataTable.Columns.Rem...

Modified columns: at update() used all columns instead the key and updated ones
Hi all, I have a datawindow set up as "key and modified columns" as updates, I will retrieve 1 row data from DB (SQL Server 2008, snc 10), then I modify 2 columns and do Update(). At update, the 'where' statement is issued with ALL columns, but I was expecting it will have only the key ('id') and the two columns I updated. I am using PB11.5, target is a windows executable. The project was migrated from PB10.5. I tried to issue ResetUpdate() after retrieve(), but still got same behaviour. Please can someone give me a check-list to let me digg if er...

how to pull several columns info from db then display them as one column in datagrid?
I have difficulty to gether several columns info from db to display them as one column in datagrid. say I have a table which has columns: "name", "street", "address", "city", "state", "zip", "status", Ex: I want to pull "street address", "city", "State", and "zip" from that table then diaplay them as one column "Address" in the datagrid so that the datagrid will only have 3 columns to display --"Name", "Address" and "Status". How do I do it...

Web resources about - Display Key columns and all columns for tables in one diagram - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Samples of display typefaces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Paris attacks: France holds solemn ceremony for victims of terror attacks, displays pictures of 130 killed ...
President Francois Hollande tells a memorial for victims of the Paris Attacks that France will respond to the army of fanatics with songs, concerts ...

Apple applies for patent to extend the Apple Watch display into woven fabric bands
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has today published an Apple patent application for incorporating displays into woven fabric. While the ...

Quantum Dot vs OLED, which is the better display?
... sums of money into new production lines and market researchers are predicting a huge growth in revenue over the next few years. OLED displays ...

Universal Display Rises on Chatter 2018 iPhones Will Use OLED Tech
Shares of organic light-emitting diode technology vendor Universal Display ( OLED ) are up $2.21, or over 4%, at $54.16, following some positive ...

Google Cast Remote Display Plugin for Unity
Posted by Leon Nicholls , Developer Programs Engineer Today we launched the Google Cast Remote Display plugin for Unity to make it easy to take ...

Amazing infographic shows how many Nokia 5110 displays fit in an iPhone
... game Snake, will know that modern smartphones have come quite a way since then. But on a pixel by pixel basis, how much better is the display ...

Media Hypocrisy On FULL Display In Wake Of San Bernardino Shooting
Media Hypocrisy On FULL Display In Wake Of San Bernardino Shooting

Republicans (mostly) once again display their stubborn climate idiocy by rejecting Clean Power Plan
Some of them are ignoramuses who really don’t accept the science of climate change. Some of them know full well that human-generated greenhouse ...

Samsung Display showing signs of surpassing LG Display in revenues
LG Display surpassed Samsung Display in revenues during the first and second quarters of 2015 but into the third quarter Samsung took the lead. ...