Cascading Deletes

In PowerDesigner 9.5.2, is it possible to have all relationships in the PDM
which have cascading deletes highlighted in a different color than the
others. I'm hoping there is a way other than manually changing the color on
each one.

0
Bruce

If you can handle a little VB Script writing, you can do it.
There are a few sample scripts to start with.  What you will need to do is:
Spin through all of the references.
For each, if the type is on delete cascade, then set the color attribute to
something special.

It really shouldn't be a lot of coding.  If you need help, post back here
and I'll see what I can do for you.

--
Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
http://www.datamodel.org

"Bruce Lamb" <lamb.bruce@mayo.edu> wrote in message
> In PowerDesigner 9.5.2, is it possible to have all relationships in the
PDM
> which have cascading deletes highlighted in a different color than the
> others. I'm hoping there is a way other than manually changing the color
on
> each one.

0
Mike
11/18/2003 7:02:53 AM
I have not written any VP Script so any help you can give will be
appreciated.
Bruce

"Mike Nicewarner" <psyclo@nospam_datamodel.org> wrote in message
> If you can handle a little VB Script writing, you can do it.
> There are a few sample scripts to start with.  What you will need to do
is:
> Spin through all of the references.
> For each, if the type is on delete cascade, then set the color attribute
> something special.
>
> It really shouldn't be a lot of coding.  If you need help, post back here
> and I'll see what I can do for you.
>
> --
> Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
> http://www.datamodel.org
> mike@nospam!datamodel.org
> Sybase product enhancement requests:
> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>
> "Bruce Lamb" <lamb.bruce@mayo.edu> wrote in message
> > In PowerDesigner 9.5.2, is it possible to have all relationships in the
> PDM
> > which have cascading deletes highlighted in a different color than the
> > others. I'm hoping there is a way other than manually changing the color
> on
> > each one.

0
Bruce
11/18/2003 4:57:25 PM
Here is a simple script to list the references and whether they are RESTRICT
or CASCADE.  The color setting is just a minor change to the "pen color"
attribute.  Search the newsgroups for a posting by Rick Bell.  He posted one
that would set the table color based on an extended attribute.  You should
be able to go from there.

--

> I have not written any VP Script so any help you can give will be
> appreciated.
> Bruce
>
> "Mike Nicewarner" <psyclo@nospam_datamodel.org> wrote in message
> > If you can handle a little VB Script writing, you can do it.
> > There are a few sample scripts to start with.  What you will need to do
> is:
> > Spin through all of the references.
> > For each, if the type is on delete cascade, then set the color attribute
> > something special.
> >
> > It really shouldn't be a lot of coding.  If you need help, post back
here
> > and I'll see what I can do for you.
> >
> > --
> > Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
> > http://www.datamodel.org
> > mike@nospam!datamodel.org
> > Sybase product enhancement requests:
> > http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
> >
> > "Bruce Lamb" <lamb.bruce@mayo.edu> wrote in message
> > > In PowerDesigner 9.5.2, is it possible to have all relationships in
the
> > PDM
> > > which have cascading deletes highlighted in a different color than the
> > > others. I'm hoping there is a way other than manually changing the
color
> > on
> > > each one.

begin 666 List References.zip
M4$L#!!0````(`"8!<R_QKD$ZAP(``+L'```3````3&ES="!2969E<F5N8V5S
M+G9B<[54RV[:0!3=(_$/MRP"1"TJ64;*@ABG0@T/82O;:K"O81HS8\V,`_G[
MWAD_,":INJ"S\MS'.?=QQOW;JYYNIW\+3SS%>[#GF6L#:TQ0H8A0C]XVVD6L
M<I5);8/"'=?P\@A!I'AF(*4$#2Q-0=598"28'8+,398;.' 1RX.#";DIF1S1
MOZ9YS.!6JO?[4VD.P#E?4&DN!:&.1]^=99*;G5269LY?$18\P@-3`I7U7O5T
M.]W.,C-$#_XQ2WG$C37UOUWS$![,&1>0Y"*R7-<GL!0_T+CQ1[FB"=-RB.L-
M82]C3+N=*=]7GP$%ND]X@(D+FA>.60*#PC'3L)!FQ\5V"$L%`[H4*:.9_DE[
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MID,MLE/P7S39^LNTB#_JR1KH%?\!4$L!`A0`% ````@`)@%S+_&N03J'`@``
MNP<``!,``````````0`@`+:!`````$QI<W0@4F5F97)E;F-E<RYV8G-02P4&
`
end