Attempt to over-write foreign key column "Code" where table A has 3 foreign keys to table X

Generating from CDM to Logical.
PD 9.5.2.889

This is a weird one - 4 tables in my model have more than one foreign key
reference to table COROrg.  By default a foreign ket to COROrg generates as
COROrgKy.  I have renamed the other foreign keys appropriately - e.g.
COROrgKyEmpGrp.  After the rename when I generate from CDM to Logical
everything's fine for all but on of the foreign key columns (i.e. the new
name/code are maintained in all but one).

The list of changes to happen (obtained from Merge dialog -> Merge Preview)
says it's going to
    'Modify Column "COROrgKyEmpGrp" in the Table "CORInteractnPlan"'
Looking to see what this modification will involve I see that it's going to
attempt to over-write the code (but not the name) with what's generated from
the CDM (over-write COROrgKyEmpGrp with COROrgKyCOROrgKy2)

The only thing that I can see different about this one is that it's in a
table where there are 3 foreign key references to COROrg (the other 3 tables
only have two foreign key references to COROrg) but maybe it's something
else altogether - any ideas?

0
Thelma

It probably doesn't have anything to do with the number 3.
Do you see the column in question in the Merge dialog box?  Is it showing up
as 2 separate lines, by any chance?  That would indicate that PowerDesigner
has somehow lost the link between the CDM relationship and the logical
foreign key column.  In that situation, you have to manually re-link the
columns together using the "Manually Synchronize" button on the toolbar
(just to the left of the "VCR" buttons).

--
Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
http://www.datamodel.org

"Thelma Stronge" <thelma.stronge@s1.com> wrote in message
> Generating from CDM to Logical.
> PD 9.5.2.889
>
> This is a weird one - 4 tables in my model have more than one foreign key
> reference to table COROrg.  By default a foreign ket to COROrg generates
as
> COROrgKy.  I have renamed the other foreign keys appropriately - e.g.
> COROrgKyEmpGrp.  After the rename when I generate from CDM to Logical
> everything's fine for all but on of the foreign key columns (i.e. the new
> name/code are maintained in all but one).
>
> The list of changes to happen (obtained from Merge dialog -> Merge
Preview)
> says it's going to
>     'Modify Column "COROrgKyEmpGrp" in the Table "CORInteractnPlan"'
> Looking to see what this modification will involve I see that it's going
> attempt to over-write the code (but not the name) with what's generated
from
> the CDM (over-write COROrgKyEmpGrp with COROrgKyCOROrgKy2)
>
> The only thing that I can see different about this one is that it's in a
> table where there are 3 foreign key references to COROrg (the other 3
tables
> only have two foreign key references to COROrg) but maybe it's something
> else altogether - any ideas?

0
Mike
11/9/2003 9:56:01 PM
It is the same one (on same line not 2 separate ones) - i.e. doesn't need to
be Manually Synchronized.

My foreign key column names, reference names and indexes on foreign key
columns had all gotten mixed up in the tables where I'd more than 1
reference to COROrg (probably result of some Manual Synchronization between
some of them!!) so I took note of all the details of the column names,
references & index details & zapped the relationships from CDM/references
from PDMs.  I had this problem with
    'Modify Column "COROrgKyEmpGrp" in the Table "CORInteractnPlan"'
before zapping them.

Recreated all using names like "Table 1 ref A", "Table 1 ref B", "Table 2
ref A",  etc. then based on the foreign key being generated for each named
the relationships appropriately.  After all that zapping and startting from
scratch I still had the very same problem with
    'Modify Column "COROrgKyEmpGrp" in the Table "CORInteractnPlan"'
though I did suceed in ironing out the other confusions.

I'm confused!

"Mike Nicewarner" <psyclo@nospam_datamodel.org> wrote in message
> It probably doesn't have anything to do with the number 3.
> Do you see the column in question in the Merge dialog box?  Is it showing
up
> as 2 separate lines, by any chance?  That would indicate that
PowerDesigner
> has somehow lost the link between the CDM relationship and the logical
> foreign key column.  In that situation, you have to manually re-link the
> columns together using the "Manually Synchronize" button on the toolbar
> (just to the left of the "VCR" buttons).
>
> --
> Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
> http://www.datamodel.org
> mike@nospam!datamodel.org
> Sybase product enhancement requests:
> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>
> "Thelma Stronge" <thelma.stronge@s1.com> wrote in message
> > Generating from CDM to Logical.
> > PD 9.5.2.889
> >
> > This is a weird one - 4 tables in my model have more than one foreign
key
> > reference to table COROrg.  By default a foreign ket to COROrg generates
> as
> > COROrgKy.  I have renamed the other foreign keys appropriately - e.g.
> > COROrgKyEmpGrp.  After the rename when I generate from CDM to Logical
> > everything's fine for all but on of the foreign key columns (i.e. the
new
> > name/code are maintained in all but one).
> >
> > The list of changes to happen (obtained from Merge dialog -> Merge
> Preview)
> > says it's going to
> >     'Modify Column "COROrgKyEmpGrp" in the Table "CORInteractnPlan"'
> > Looking to see what this modification will involve I see that it's going
> > attempt to over-write the code (but not the name) with what's generated
> from
> > the CDM (over-write COROrgKyEmpGrp with COROrgKyCOROrgKy2)
> >
> > The only thing that I can see different about this one is that it's in a
> > table where there are 3 foreign key references to COROrg (the other 3
> tables
> > only have two foreign key references to COROrg) but maybe it's something
> > else altogether - any ideas?

0
Thelma
11/10/2003 7:41:38 PM
I can't think of anything that might help you.  Have you found a solution
yet?

--

> [...]
> new
> > > name/code are maintained in all but one).
> > >
> > > The list of changes to happen (obtained from Merge dialog -> Merge
> > Preview)
> > > says it's going to
> > >     'Modify Column "COROrgKyEmpGrp" in the Table "CORInteractnPlan"'
> > > Looking to see what this modification will involve I see that it's
going
> > > attempt to over-write the code (but not the name) with what's
generated
> > from
> > > the CDM (over-write COROrgKyEmpGrp with COROrgKyCOROrgKy2)
> > >
> > > The only thing that I can see different about this one is that it's in
> > > table where there are 3 foreign key references to COROrg (the other 3
> > tables
> > > only have two foreign key references to COROrg) but maybe it's

0
Mike

"auto-reuse columns" with foreign key columns gives auto-renamed duplicate table columns
PD: 12.5.0.2337 EDF17 DBMS: MSSQLSRV2005 We have composite keys on our tables to enforce relationships between records referenced from the same instance. For example, we have a Companies table with pk COMPANYID and a ContactPersons table with pk COMPANYID, CONTACTPERSONID. Orders can be created referencing a mandatory company, plus an optional contact person which has to be a contact person of that company. We model this by creating 2 fields in the Orders table: COMPANYID and CONTACTPERSONID plus 2 foreign keys into the Companies and ContactPersons tables. i.e. both foreign keys sh...

Table design question (to foreign key or not to foreign key)
Our application is a message board and is full of messages, threads, and forums. A message is an individual entry (like the one I'm typing now ;)). Our software gives the user the ability to upload a single file attachment to each message. I can think of a couple different ways to design the two tables: message( messageid numeric identity, attachmentid numeric null, messagetext text, other, message, stuff... ) attachment( attachmentid numeric identity, title varchar, other, stuff ) or message( messageid, messagetext text, other, stuff ) attachment( messageid numeric foreig...

Error: Primary key for row in table 'x' is referenced by foreign key 'f' in table 'y'
(ASA 9 newest ebf) I'm getting this error even though mentioned foreign key has cascade updates (and deletes too) enabled. Is this some new behaviour in asa 9, or why can i get such message for cascaded foreign key? Any ideas? Thanks Pete Found a reason for it...but should it really work so? It's this way: - table a has columns a,b,c - table b has columns a,c, and references columns a,c (with a,c) in table a with cascade updates - table a hes before update trigger to change columns a when column b is changed (set new_row.a = ...) and that set new_row.a = ... i...

Link the "Referenced By" and "Foreign Key" folders in SC
This drives me nuts. When I need to see all the tables that reference a given "parent" table, the "Referenced By" folder is a life-saver. However, the next thing I *always* want to see is the details of the foreign key definition. "Jeez, is that a Cascade Delete or a Restrict? I can't remember".. I've got to navigate to the Foreign Keys folder of the referencing table to see that detail. With hundreds of tables in our model, this is really getting nasty. Either let me see the foreign key details (columns and integrity, and view-only would ...

Foreign key to other table, with foreign key back to first one: ok?
Is it ok for two tables to have foreign keys to each other based on the same columns? If so, are there rules about the cascade settings in such a case? I am thinking of tables that are virtually one-to-one with each other and can tend to be viewed or deleted equally "from either end". -- Steve http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/6376 The first problem I see with this is that it is a "which came first, the chicken or the egg" type of a problem. When you insert into one table the FK is going to want to check to see if the value is in the other...

Are there different between ViewState.Add("key","Word"); and ViewState["key"] = "Word";
I think the 1 and 2 are complete same, is it correct? 1. ViewState.Add("key","Word"); 2. ViewState["key"] = "Word";SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator You are correct, option 2 is short hand for option 1.Philip Beadle (MVP, MCAD, MCT DotNetNuke Core Team)...

<key id="key_savePage" key="&savePageCmd.command.key;" command-"Broswer:SavePage" modifiers="accel"/> ----^
Name: yel0sub Email: yel0subatcomcastdotnet Product: SeaMonkey Summary: <key id="key_savePage" key="&savePageCmd.command.key;" command-"Broswer:SavePage" modifiers="accel"/> ----^ Comments: Downloaded SeaMonkey 1.1.5 with same result on installation. PowerBook G4 OS X 10.4.10 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4 ...

Update impossible if Foreign Key column is invisible="true"
Hi,I have a problem I do not understand.I have a GridView that show one of my table, and this table has a column which is a foreign key...I'd like this particular column in my GridView to be invisible to users, so they won't try to change its value when updatting the row.The problem is : if I set the visible property of this column to "true", the update works. If I set it to "false", the update fails.This column has also InsertVisible set to "False".Does anyone has any idea of the reason why I have this issue?Thanks in advance.  http://forums.asp.net/thread/1547081.aspxRegards Mike [M...

General Exception Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "monday" Key being added: "monday"
I just noticed I have 1000's of these in my log...AssemblyVersion: -1Method: FileName: FileLineNumber: -1FileColumnNumber: -1PortalID: -1PortalName: UserID: -1UserName: ActiveTabID: -1ActiveTabName: AbsoluteURL: AbsoluteURLReferrer: ExceptionGUID: DefaultDataProvider: InnerException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "monday" Key being added: "monday"Message: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "monday" Key being added: "monday" at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add) at System.Collections....

Table "ENTRY" has no entry in the "ml_table" Table
Remote database: Ultralite Consolidated database: ASE 12 MobiLink server started with -v+, -zu+, -zac, -zec options The download succeeds. The upload fails because none of the upload tables are added to the ml_table table. If a different script version is used between the two steps (e.g., "ul_download" and "ul_upload") the tables from step 2 get added to the ml_table table, but no date is synched (even if there is data to be uploaded in the remote database) because no upload_cursor script is automatically generatred. What needs to be done to get this script ge...

binding 1 gridview to 2 tables having common column(primary key/foreign key)
Hi Friends Can anyone please tell me how to bind to 2 tables having a common column(primarykey/foreign key) to a gridview .the 2 tables have a common column(primarykey/foreign key).I want this in asp.net/vb project.Thank you.Gurjeet,England You can use DataSet, take a look at this link: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.dataset(d=ide).aspxWelcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38...

column "name" is not in table "name "
I have a problem with PB 6.5.1, and Informix 5.02 (Online) ... We receive the error above in subject.... when i tried to make a Datawindow updated. (settings) .. I`m not sute what that mean.. I have done all the testing.. and I did not find anything...Please .. help me Carlos BDT-Caracas-Venezuela Carlos, It sounds like the datawindow has a select statement that selects data from multiple tables using a SQL Join. nd perhaps when the update properties were set, columns from multiple tables were selected and marked as updateable columns. I will test this when I get a ...

The OLE DB provider "MSDAORA" for linked server "...." does not contain the table "COUNTRY". The table either does not exist or the current user does not have permissions on that table.
I am using SQL Server 2005 and trying to create a linked server on Oracle 10. I used the commands below: EXEC sp_addlinkedserver @server = 'test1', @srvproduct = 'Oracle', @provider = 'MSDAORA', @datasrc = 'testsource' exec sp_addlinkedsrvlogin @rmtsrvname = 'test1', @useself = 'false', @rmtuser='sp', @rmtpassword='sp'   When I execute select * from test1...COUNTRY I get the error. "The OLE DB provider "MSDAORA" for linked server "...." does not contain the table "COUNTRY". The table either does not exist or the current user does not have permissions on that table." The ...

Single Quote Error While writing RegisterClientScriptBlock("key", "Value")
Hi Friends, I am facing one problem due to single quote. I am writing underwritten script to close currently opened form and to get those values in another form. ############################################################# strScript as string strscript = " <script> window.opener.document.Form1.txtAddressLocationh2.value='Factory'; window.close(); </script> " Me.RegisterClientScriptBlock("key", strScript) ############################################################# Now if i have value of "Facto'ry" instead o...

Web resources about - Attempt to over-write foreign key column "Code" where table A has 3 foreign keys to table X - sybase.powerdesigner.general