Windows Color Settings in Web Applications

We are looking for a way to allow users to use their own Windows color
settings and have them appear even though a server application shows
datawindows in a different color.  If the server has a JSP with a
datawindow on it and the server's color settings set the Window background
to green, the user connecting to the server will see a green datawindow
regardless of how the user's Windows color settings are.  If the user has
the Window background color set to white, we want the user to see a white
datawindow, not a green one.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Thank you
very much for your feedback.  Tom Karslake, tkarslake@nciinc.com,
937-427-0252.
0
tkarslake
4/15/2003 5:44:10 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please post this to the web-targets forum -- this forum is used for
discussions on the new XML features of PB9.

--
<hopethishelps/>
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

<tkarslake@nciinc.com> wrote in message
> We are looking for a way to allow users to use their own Windows color
> settings and have them appear even though a server application shows
> datawindows in a different color.  If the server has a JSP with a
> datawindow on it and the server's color settings set the Window background
> to green, the user connecting to the server will see a green datawindow
> regardless of how the user's Windows color settings are.  If the user has
> the Window background color set to white, we want the user to see a white
> datawindow, not a green one.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Thank you
> very much for your feedback.  Tom Karslake, tkarslake@nciinc.com,
> 937-427-0252.

0
Roy

How to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications
Hello can anyone please advise me guide me how to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications. I know how to do basic deployment but i want to know more about database connection string, Support files specific to application.   Please help--------ThanksSK Hi there,Database connections will not change too much, you will only need to change the Uid,password, server and sometimes database name.you can also create a setup file which will setup all the things. check out these:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818016 http://15seconds.com/issue/041229.htm http://www.microsoft.com/tec...

How to extract xml file from window application to web application in .net
hi..i have two software solutions both in .net one is desktop and another is web application.And i want to transfer data between these application using xml. In desktop solution i have created a xml schema and create a xml document that conforms to that schema.XML doucment is created which contains the data.Now i have to extract this xml document into my web application and store the data of this xml file into my database and vice versa. So tell me what are the different methods to get the document from desktop to web and from web to desktop.Actaully i am not much aware of this type i...

How i call windows application in web application without using dll of windows application
i want to call Windows application in web Application Without using dll of Windows application in ASP.net 2.0  hi!try this: ProcessStartInfo pi = new ProcessStartInfo("app.exe"); pi.CreateNoWindow = true;  Process p = Process.Start(pi); p.WaitForExit(); if (p.ExitCode != 0){//report error } orzeh  code less, think more!...

Can ASP.NET web application and XML WEB Services be hosted on a Windows NT server
Can ASP.NET web applications, XML WEB Services be hosted on a Windows NT server. From the documentation in the framework: "ASP.NET is supported on Windows 2000 (Professional, Server, and Advanced Server), Windows XP Professional, and the Windows Server 2003 family for both client and server applications. In addition, to develop ASP.NET server applications, the following software is also required: Windows 2000 Server or Advanced Server with Service Pack 2, Windows XP Professional or 64-Bit Edition, or one of the Windows Server 2003 family products. MDAC 2.7 for Data Int...

Web Application our Windows Application
Hello I am Mona ali, I am developing  a project for HR Management.There is a bank with a lot of people information and about 40 users will work with this bank.  I dont know if  it would be better to design this project in web our windows apllication. Please guide me ASAP! Thanks Mona A windows application would be more secure if the data will be sensitiveMark this post as 'Answer' if (answer == true)Construction Software : www.proccm.comHomeowners place to find contractors www.benspost.org Hi could you be more specific as to your requirements....

converting a windows applications to a web application
hi, i need guidance on how to convert a windwos application to a web application.  i'm a newbie to .NET. thanks, brad Brad,I am afraid that this is too general of a question, but I will attempt to help if possible. If  your winform app is written in .NET then the data layer is probably reuseable. You will of course have to build entirely new forms in XHTML and replace the controls accordingly. Also, you will have to use Session variables to keep your state verses it just being there for you on the desktop. I think that one of the most important things when going from Win to We...

merge windows application with web application
hi all : I just wanna know how to merge windows application (with a local database server) ,with a web application (with a remote server) ,using XML web services ,and make the data on the remote server up-to-date.please i need a great details... thank for your time Check out my article on DotNetJunkies, I think it will help you accomplish what you're saying....

personalize color settings for each User in ASP.Net web Application
I have build a web application In that we want the Option to set the color Settings of the Controls Like backColor of Table Datagrid etc by Users by their own.So that they can have their own personalize color settings Now next time they log on they will get thier personalize color settings How it could be done:May be by having the different Style Sheets for each usersOr If u have any other way then Plz Suggest meThanx a Lot Thanks & Regards HR Hi,   A method is storing the personalized data in the database to be saved and accessed each time.  Good Luck. Hema,Have a look a...

opening windows application from web application
hi i'm new to this forum. hi to everyone. i want to open a windows application from my web application i did that by using process start method. but button click event in windows application is not firing.. suggest me.. asap Welcome to the forums I didnt understand your question. First you need to tell us where the windows application is located (on the server or on the client side). If it is on the server, check Execute exe application in ASP.NET. If the application is on the client side, you can't run it due to security issues. However, try to search for an activeX contro...

Call a web application from a windows application
HiI have 2 seperate projects: A web application in ASP.NET and a windows application in C#.I want to be able to open the web app from the windows app. What is the most elegant way to do it? Look into the System.Net.WebRequest and System.Net.WebResponse classes. I believe that there are even samples in VS Help on doing what you want.NC... i do it once a long a go time you can use this code as an exampleSystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\IExplore.exe","www.microsoft.com");also you read a bout process class from the msdn or microsoft onlin msdnthere is ...

how to connect a windows application to web application
Dear,  I have a windows application and have to manage a database located in an internet server from my windows application. please help me......... Web services would be an option.The web service would act as a broker between the windows app the internet-based database.  It would do the necessary communication of querying and sending data back to the windows app.Hope this provides some insight.- Jesse Jesse WilliamsPlease mark 'Answered' if my post was able to assist you. Thank you sir, But i had not used the web srvice You can check out this article on web serv...

How to Call a Window Application from Web Application
 How to call a windows application from a web application. For Example,In orkut.com, when we click on the green button (Online), GTalk application got invoked. Can anyone please let me know how to do that? Also, i need to know the technical name of this scenario.Please refer some good articles!  Thanks in Advance!!!Srinivasan I don't remember the name of the technology doing this, but basically what you have to do, is the desktop application, during its install (with a Windows Installer or something), has to associate a protocol with itself... for example, you have stuff lik...

add windows application to web application
I want to add a windows application to my webapplication, is it possible? can you tell me how to do this? thank you Hi, this can be done and it's a so called smart client. Take a look at this article for more information on how to create one: Hosting a Windows Control in a Web Form. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. you can do this... go through this link.... http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Place-Windows-Control-To-Web-Form.aspxChinna_sv... I need to to know if it is possible to add a...

Converting from windows application to web application!
Hi friends   I want to convert web application written in VB6.0 into Web Application using ASP.NET2.0.  Can any one give some tips or guidance how to approach this? How to start this application? Your input is appreciated.  Thanks Regards Bindu They are really two different things... I'd recommend the following... First, look at how you want to design your website to improve or duplicate the similar functionality you already have in your pc app. While a pc and web app are different, your class library code that does the interaction with databases and man...

Web resources about - Windows Color Settings in Web Applications - sybase.powerbuilder.xml

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

Sony Mobile, LG reportedly to develop smartphone application processors in-house
... Communications and LG Electronics reportedly will follow the steps of Apple, Samsung Electronics and Huawei to develop smartphone-use application ...

ARM Math Libraries to Speed HPC Applications
At the SC 15 show, the company will demonstrate the libraries that will improve the performance of applications running on 64-bit ARM systems. ...