Welcome!

forum a useful place to exchange information concerning the use of
PowerBuilder that will enable you to use it to greater potential.  To
ensure that we all receive the greatest benefit from the forum, we
have a few guidelines concerning its use:

Forum Purpose
--------------------

This forum was established by Sybase as a means of providing a
vehicle for its customers and prospects to openly and freely exchange
information and ideas.  It is neither an alternative to, nor a
replacement for a Customer Support Contract.

1.  This is NOT a Sybase technical support forum and it is not the
purpose of this forum to allow customers to get free technical support
from Sybase.  It is a place for users to help each other and exchange
problems solutions, information, ideas, etc.

2.  Sybase has no obligation to provide questions, problems, or
provide anything other than a moderator to monitor the forum and
insure its operation and availability, exchange problems solutions,
information, ideas, etc.  They do strive, however, to do much more
than that as resources permit.

3.  Sybase executives may monitor the forum to observe customer
reaction to the product, keep up with users thoughts for new features,
or offer executive opinions and viewpoints.  Sybase employees may also
assist on the forum when they have time available.  They will offer
help but may not be available on a regular basis based on
their workload.

4.  Sybase has selected a technically astute group of users to
offer assistance to other PowerBuilder users.  The name of this group
is TeamSybase (TeamSybase).  The moderator(s) of this forums is(are)
member(s) of that group.  Generally, niether they nor the other
members of TeamSybase are Sybase employees, nor are they paid for
their services in maintaining the forum.  And, while they may answer
questions in the forum from time to time, they are not responsible for
ensuring that all questions receive answers.

Guidelines
--------------

Please bear in mind that this is a moderated forum.  As a result, it
operates somewhat differently than a typical unmoderated newsgroup.

1.  If you�re using a company id, please post your name at the end of
the message so that others may know who to address when sending an
response.  We would appreciate you using your full (real) name.

2.  Please post the same question once in the forum that appears most
appropriate and allow 36-72 hours for a response.

3.  Advertising of any kind should be limited to the forums dedicated
to that purpose (i.e.,  news.3rd_party_products, news.job_postings,
etc.).  Spamming of the forum will not be tolerated.

4.  Profanity, obscenities, and abuse of forum members will not be
tolerated.

5.  Please refrain from sending "thanks" in the forum.  Anyone
desiring to thank the person assisting them should feel free to do so,
but we would ask that this be done via e-mail to minimize traffic and
allow members to review both problems and solutions.

6.  Please refrain from sending personal messages in the forum.  These
conversations are more properly carried on in e-mail.

7.  This forum is not particularly designed for the transfer of files.
Therefore, if you need to make files accessable to other people,
please handle it through private email or by making the file available
on an ftp site.  Extremely large messages, particularly those
containing embedded files, will be deleted without notice.

8.  Please put specifics on the message header(not "Help", "Bug", or
vague subject headers). People often only review headers for messages
they are interested in.  This is in your best interest in getting the
most out of your message posting.

9.  Please do not ask more than one question per message.  If you have
five questions, please post five messages.  That way, duplication of
answers for one problem and overlooked questions will be minimized.

10. When replying, ALWAYS include part of the message in your reply.
Some of us CAN'T remember what happened five minutes ago, let alone
yesterday.

11. The forum is primarily intended to assist PowerBuilder end-users
in obtaining the maximum benefit from the product.  It is not intended
for more general discussions, such as features of various products,
product comparisions, etc.  Please post messages of that type in more
appropriate arenas, such as an public, unmoderated newsgroup.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com

Google Groups search is working again, hurrah!!!!
http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en&as_ugroup=powersoft.public.powerbuilder.*
Remember to only use Google for searching, not for posting.

http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce
4/3/2003 7:57:50 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

XML and PowerBuilder
Is anyone aware of an XML parser/utility which can be used with PowerBuilder? (DLL or something similar?) Regards Thomas Kellerer ========================================================== Who is user GENERAL FAILURE and why is he reading my disk? ...

PowerBuilder with XML
Hi: I suggest that PowerBuilder support XML.If PowerBuilder have XML function or component,it will be much better than Delphi! Barkely I agree. With the database world increasingly dominated by XML, I find that searching the (beta) help files for PB8 there is not a single mention of XML, like this has passed by the folk at Sybase. What we need, at the very least, is a datawindow to output XML and accepts XML as input. I guess we will have to wait for PB9 now "Barkely" <barkelyhwang@mpinfo.com.tw> wrote in message news:...

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

XMl to XML

XML in Powerbuilder
Is there functionality in Powerbuilder 7 or 8 for XML? Where could I find out more about it? There is no built-in XML support in PB7 or 8. PB9 will feature an XML parse and XML export/import support in the datawindow/datastore. In the meantime, you are limited to string concatenation and using the Microsoft MSXML parser via OLE automation. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network -- http://sdn.sybase.com <Jonna> wrote in message news:64B2A31B812014050068302685256BF2.0068303885256BF2@webforums... > Is there functionality in Powerb...

How PowerBuilder interacts with XML?
As far as I know, PowerBuilder is not directly supporting XML but, is there any way how we can interact PB with XML. Thanks for the help. Vasu What exactly is it that you need to do? Parse XML? Generate XML from back-end data? What kind of application is this? A fat client, a distributed client, a Jauar client? You have a few options, depending on the above: 1. Use a COM or C++-based XML parser, like MSXML (Microsoft) or Xerces (Apache) 2. If you are using an application server (Jaguar for example) you can use a Java component that does the parsing for you and returns results...

XML Parser for PowerBuilder
Hello: Anyone know where one can get a good xml parser for PB8. Looking Forward to hearing from you. Roberto; XML SDK 4.0 from Microsoft. Available free at MSDN. regards .. Chris <Roberto_Ballinas> wrote in message news:AEDB9D2B18E9A4D9002C6C0D85256C41.002C6C1E85256C41@webforums... > Hello: > > Anyone know where one can get a good xml parser for PB8. > > Looking Forward to hearing from you. ...

XML Parser for PowerBuilder?
Anybody know if there is such a thing. Hi developer, I would search the internet for an OCX that can do this. You can use OCXs in PB.... -- Gegroet - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 developer <nospam@firstam.com> schreef in berichtnieuws CEFCPlGL$GA.256@forums.sybase.com... > Anybody know if there is such a thing. > > ...

XML import in powerbuilder
I am running into a weird problem. I am trying to call a webservice method that returns an XML string. Then I import it into a datawindow using importstring method. This is a customer query. When I query for a single record, it sends me valid XML that I can import, but when queried on multiple records, the xml generated is not being imported. Then I tried to craete a template for import process. When I do that, import returns me -1. I have compared the datatypes and order of fields with the XML elements, they all match. When I run the XML string through XMLParsestring() method, it retu...

XML parser for PowerBuilder
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BEA685.F1783240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Has anyone created one or seen one for sale? I'd hate to have to reinvent the wheel... Chad Bradley ------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BEA685.F1783240 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN"> <HTML> <HEAD> <META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Di...

XML::Parser XML::DOM XML::XSLT
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6E0D0.3E27D77A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Craig and fellow VMS Perlers, You last wrote about this Fri 3/16/2001 11:24 AM, not counting your very helpful comments on Eisner/Decuserve more recently. One of my colleagues sent me an email requesting that I make XML::XSLT=20 available on VMS. perl 5.8.6, VMS 7.3-2, DECC 7.1 latest ACRTL (version 3) on Alpha XML::XSLT (version 0.48) depends on XML::Parser (version 2.34). This depends on expat (version 2.0.0). I built expat a...

Welcome to the Appeon for PowerBuilder Newsgroup
Welcome to the Appeon(TM) for PowerBuilder(R) newsgroup. This document contains information on how to best utilize the Sybase Newsgroup Service as well as what you should expect from this service. This newsgroup service was established by Sybase as a vehicle for users to help each other and exchange problems, solutions, information, and ideas. Sybase Technical Advisors as well as Appeon employees and Team Sybase members may assist on the newsgroup as time permits. To ensure that we all receive the greatest benefit from this forum, we have a few guidelines concerning its use: ...

sort xml in xml
Hi, How I can sort xml file in xml with VB.NetThanks,<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>  <Liste>   <Form Famille="Administration" idXhtml="" idOffice="31574" nom="ADM" desc="" />   <Form Famille="Admini" idXhtml="" idOffice="31708" nom="ADM- 54 (2000)" desc="" />   <Form Famille="communication" idXhtml="" idOffice="31709" nom="ADM- 133 (2000)" desc="" />   <Form Famille="Admini" idXhtml="" idOffice="31710" nom="ADM- 9 (2000)" desc="" />   <Form Famille="Admini" idXhtml="" idOffice="31711" no...

Welcome to the PowerBuilder.General newsgroup
Welcome to the Powersoft sponsored newsgroup for general PowerBuilder questions. While we encourage you to look around forums.powersoft.com to find a newsgroup that most precisely fits the topic of your question, we encourage those whose questions fall between the cracks to post their questions here. While Powersoft controls this newsgroup, there are some **MIS**interpretations of that fact that should be avoided: - "Posting a message means a guaranteed answer from Powersoft." In an effort to help PowerBuilder developers help each other become successful, Powersof...

How to utilize XML technology with PowerBuilder
I read the document named "How to utilize XML technology with PowerBuilder " by Klaus Kirchner. The website was http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=10138844 but, I couldn't get the attached sample file, pb_xml.zip so, Could you send me that file by e-mail? I need your help.... ================================================== Name : Young chun Lim Company : Daewoo Information Systems Co. Ltd. Department : I-Biz Development Team Email : yclim@disc.co.kr Office : 82-2-3708-8919 Celluar : 82-11-9923-7105 ================================================== Use t...

Web resources about - Welcome! - sybase.powerbuilder.xml

An Incomplete Catalog of Donald Trump's Never-Ending Fabrications
There's a legal term applied to advertising called "puffery." For example, if Coca-Cola says that Coke is the best tasting soda in the world, ...

Pastor Calls Victims of Paris Attacks 'Devil Worshippers'
Kevin Swanson, the anti-gay, right-wing pastor who hosted the very strange National Religious Liberties Conference earlier this month, commented ...

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Spoilers: Mark Hamill Reveals Gigantic Reason For Growing Out His Beard ...
It was confirmed that Mark Hamill would be returning to the world of Star Wars along with Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher. That much is known, ...

Monday Night Raw Results: November 23
Monday Night Raw results are in, and it looks like a new stable is being formed, according to WWE. Roman Reigns demands rematch Since he lost ...

Chicago Police Leader: Fire Officer Who Killed Unarmed Woman
Chicago police superintendent recommends firing officer who fatally shot unarmed woman

Apple plans Apple Pay for China by February, says WSJ
Apple has struck deals with China's four main state-run banks in an effort to bring Apple Pay to the country, according to a report in The Wall ...

ACLU sues Indiana governor over refusal to resettle Syrian refugees
Pence is one of more than 25 U.S. governors, mostly Republicans, who have publicly called on President Barack Obama to stop resettling Syrian ...

FAA publishes drone registration recommendations: You must be 13 to enter
The Federal Aviation Administration has released a task force’s recommendations for setting up a registration system for recreational drones ...

Futurama is coming back as a mobile game
After being canceled, resurrected, and canceled again, Futurama is coming back — this time as a mobile game. Matt Groening's sci-fi cartoon universe ...

Windows 10’s fall update is deleting certain apps without asking
Windows 10 is possibly making unwanted changes to your gaming rig. Microsoft’s first big update for its operating-system-as-a-service is deleting ...