Version Control for stored procedures, triggers etc.,

Hi,

        We are using PB 7.0.5. For version control we are using Microsoft
Visualsourcesafe to manage the PB objects by check-In and check-out. Where
as we dont have any version control for our Back end stored procedures,
functions, triggers. Is there anyone know about version control for this
back end files. So that it will be in a organized manner for our
application.

    Any hint will be appreciated

Thanks
Karthik

0
Karthik
4/15/2003 9:16:51 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Karthik,

Wrong forum! To get a better response, post this in the Source
Control/Database forums

We used to use the same source control for Database as well as
PowerBuilder...
Open the script of the Database object, save as a text file (with some
standard extensions like .tbl for table, .trg for trigger etc.) and add it
in a separate directories for each type of objects in your source control
server.

To enforce version control, allow the person (very often the DBA) who
executes the scripts to get it only from a new revision in the source
control!

Some back-end tools like Embarcadero's Rapid SQL/DBArtisan support source
control...
I do not know the details of those however...

Cheers,
Biju
"Karthik" <kpanc@laborfinders.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>         We are using PB 7.0.5. For version control we are using Microsoft
> Visualsourcesafe to manage the PB objects by check-In and check-out. Where
> as we dont have any version control for our Back end stored procedures,
> functions, triggers. Is there anyone know about version control for this
> back end files. So that it will be in a organized manner for our
> application.
>
>     Any hint will be appreciated
>
> Thanks
> Karthik

0
Biju
4/15/2003 9:38:27 PM
PowerBuilder XML isn't the right forum. Anyway: PowerDesigner lets you do
the tasks you ask for. Also PowerDesigner has a repository that lets you do
version control. Any questions regarding PowerDesigner should go to the
powersoft.public.powerdesigner.general newsgroup.

HTH
/MicK
Michael Kramer, Sybase Danmark

"Karthik" <kpanc@laborfinders.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>         We are using PB 7.0.5. For version control we are using Microsoft
> Visualsourcesafe to manage the PB objects by check-In and check-out. Where
> as we dont have any version control for our Back end stored procedures,
> functions, triggers. Is there anyone know about version control for this
> back end files. So that it will be in a organized manner for our
> application.
>
>     Any hint will be appreciated
>
> Thanks
> Karthik