please point me in the right direction...

I need to interface via XML to a credit card verification product.
Does PB v8 support XML? where can I find powerscript examples on
exchanging data w/ another system.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.
0
new_xml_guy
5/21/2003 7:38:50 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

PowerBuilder 9.0 has support for XML through the DataWindow and with
PBDOM. It also has support for web services.

You can find some examples on CodeXchange
(http://codexchange.sybase.com) but they are PB 9 specific. With PB 8
and earlier you have to roll your own.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase PowerBuilder Evangelist
www.sybase.com/pocketpb - Pocket PowerBuilder!

On Wed, 21 May 2003 15:38:50 -0400, new_xml_guy wrote:

>I need to interface via XML to a credit card verification product.
>Does PB v8 support XML? where can I find powerscript examples on
>exchanging data w/ another system.
>
>Thanks, I appreciate the help.

0
dfish
5/21/2003 8:29:20 PM
Try searching the ole-ocx-activex forum for "MSXML". You'll find a good
number of examples.

--
<hopethishelps/>
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

<new_xml_guy> wrote in message
> thanks for responding. could you tell me where I might find
> 'roll your own' code examples?
>
> Thank yoy very much

0
Roy
5/22/2003 6:07:41 PM
thanks for responding. could you tell me where I might find
'roll your own' code examples?

Thank yoy very much
0
new_xml_guy

please point me in the right direction
When I ask questions in this forum, I get answers that address exactly what I've asked.Then I realize that I haven't asked the right question.So I'm going to try explain in a general sense what I am attempting. Hopefully, some of you can give me the proper set of terms that I need to research.I'm happy to do the work, I'm just a bit overwhelmed by the tools available to me, and not sure where to start.Here goes:I am trying to put together a webpage full of text boxes.I want to populate the text boxes with, for example, song lyrics, one lyric per text box.So, like a typica...

Please point me in right direction!!
Hi. I have two computers, both running Windows 98. I have gone through the step-by-step Shields Up to unbind the NetBeui, etc. (I printed the instuctions and took my time). This was a long time ago. Everything has been fine. Recently, I decided I needed to connect the computers using Direct Cable Connection. It was already installed on both systems (on Start Menu). So I went to lpt.com and followed their step-by-step instructions to set up the DCC. I have a male/male cable attached. I cannot get it to work! No matter what I try. I feel I must be missing something, because I ...

MSXML2.DOMDocument not supported
Helllo, I have been tasked with utilizing API of a company who provided us with sample code on how to connect to them. The trouble is that their example utilizes a MSXML2.DOMDocument call which I believe is no longer supported by Visual Studio 2008. I understand the concepts of XML but that is really where it ends. Could you please point me in the right direction what to replace the statement with ? Below you will find the sample code and         cgiXml = New MSXML2.DOMDocument() is the line with the MSXML call. Dim customer_id As String ...

New to Crystal in 2.0
I have used CR in some Windows apps in 1.1 but never in asp.net 2.0 I have a custom class that holds data from a form.  When the form is complete I serialize the class to an XML doc. I want to take that XML doc and create a Crystal report from it. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you Ron...

Access files on Vista with Samba. Can someone please point me in the right direction?
I just need to be able to to access my Windows PC from openSUSE 11.3. Does anyone know where to start??? Thanks -- ozzy24 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I wrote an article you might find useful. I am intending on doing an update for openSUSE 11.3 and for other things that have since been determined, but none the less, you may find this helpful to you. 'Samba SMB file sharing in openSUSE 11.2' (http://tinyurl.com/29ju65b) Thank You, -- Remember that little in Life is certain, including any advice you may ge...

A Point in right direction
I am very new to XML.  I have an application that will talk with DHL/UPS servers to create an airbill for when something needs shipped.  The data I send needs to be in XML format.  My experiance with XML consists of me writing out a basic XML file for application configuration and reading it in later.  Pretty simple stuff.  Well the documation from DHL/UPS is pretty complicated.  Is there somewhere you guys would recommend I read just to get an understanding as to what I'm reading?  here is an example as to what is in the documentation.  Thanks for hel...

Point in the right direction
Hello again everyone. I have an important question to ask and I know I'll catch some heat for asking but I need to know something about O/R Mappers. I have to admit that I am not that good of a programmer but would like to be. Until now I have been following all of M$'s examples thinking they are best but there seems to be other ways. I didn't even hear about O/R Mappers until I started reading this forum. I am trying to use the LLBLGen demo but am kinda confused on how to use it. Even with the documentation. Is there a good book or tutorial on how to use these O/R mappers? I have j...

Point me in the right direction
I have decided to learn to make my own webpage with asp.net and vb.net.I learned , and barely retained, a little bit of Virtual Basics programming during my years in college. I am currently in IT but far from being a programmer.  I have decided that I would like to put together a little RPG type website for my friends. I love RPG games and figured I would start very simple when creating my webpage and add more options as I learn. A fun way of learning I guess :) Anyhow, I realized just how much I didn't know when I started reading Beginning asp.net 2.0 :) I find these book...

Can you point me in the right direction?
I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing what I think I need to do to make my project work, so I decided to ask the experts.  What I have already done is written a VB.net app that lets a user select a log file from a network server and parse the file for lines that contain a string designating just the information from that log file that they are interested in.  It then displays those lines in a data grid.  This all works fine here in the office when tied into the network directly.  But the users that need this app all log in remotely via VPN connections that a...

I need to be pointed in the right direction
I am developing an application that contains an input text box that is not a required field. I use a stored procedure to Insert records into the database. In the db the field is a date time field. When I enter a value into the text box and try to add the record to the database it works fine. However, when no value is entered into the text box a get the following error: String was not recognized as a valid datetime. I check to see if there is a value entered in the textbox like this: dim PeriodBeg as string if txtPeriodBeg.text = "" then PeriodBeg = "...

A push in the right direction please?
I would like to have two listboxes filled with sorting criteria, and based upon the two selections in the listbox utilize some ajax functionality to update a gridview on the same page on the fly without any postback. The gridview holds a bunch of printer information with multiple manufacturers. Based upon the manufacturer selected in the list box will cause the gridview sort out the matching values and display the gridview contents without the need for a postback. Keep in mind though that I will be using two listboxes which will determine two search criteria the gridview will utilize.  ...

OT: Kick me in the right direction, please?
Looking for a Windows Application Community:   Hi, I am looking for a bit of functionality for Outlook. I want to be able to attach a brief note to an email before filing it away in the proper folder. I can't see any way to do this with Outlook, so I figured it would be a good project to do myself.   Do any of you that develop Windows Apps as well as Web Apps have a resource similar to this site that you like to use for a bit of direction? Alternatively could someone offer up a tip or two? I figured that someone here would know of a place or two.   Thanks in advanc...

Can someone point me in the right direction
I'm just trying to setup a simple local DNS server for intranet that caches internet requests. I don't need any zones or anything like that I don't think. I think the caching part is working but where do I put the names/ip addresses to resolve locally? -- "Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems." - Linus Torvalds A+, Network+, CLA, NCA, CLDA, NAI ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:26:03 +0000, arsmitty86 wrote: > I'm just trying to setup a simpl...

I am building a intranet application for software requests. a user submits the software request, which will email their manager to approve or disapprove. What i am trying to do is save the data that the user submitted to an xml file and send a link to the manager via email to open and approve it. Now my problem, is there a way to build an aspx page from the data in the xml file dynamically? i plan to load a database with data to hold information about the manager. the xml file will be linked to the manager inside the database. so when the manager clicks on the link, it pulls the data f...

Web resources about - please point me in the right direction... - sybase.powerbuilder.xml

Take Me Home (One Direction album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Fogelmark, Sam Waters, Steve Robson , Albin Nedler, Jake Gosling Take Me Home is the second studio album by English-Irish boy band One Direction ...

A company that was founded on giving directions is now taking location beyond the map
The holidays are a time for festive parties, family dinners, and shopping — a lot of it. In fact, the United States Postal Office alone delivered ...

One Direction Takes Over Hollywood Blvd. For ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’
ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live hosted One Direction last night, performing on Hollywood Blvd. How did they do? In Nielsen’s 56 metered markets, early ...

One Direction's Louis Tomlinson No Longer Close To Zayn Malik? [VIDEO]
One Direction's Louis Tomlinson thinks that Zayn Malik wants to distance himself following his departure from the band.

One Direction Allegedly Got Grace Jones Kicked Off The Jonathan Ross Show
Okay, now before you go and start researching new planets to live on (since a world in which intergalactic goddess Grace Jones is shown anything ...

One Direction Rocks Hollywood: 7 Important Things We Learned From Their Appearance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' ...
From a new bandmate to their hiatus plans, here are some fascinating takeaways from the group's appearance on the late night talk show.

The Fundamental Difference Between Leading And Managing: Influence Versus Direction
The Fundamental Difference Between Leading And Managing: Influence Versus Direction

The Huffington Post Clarifies: Ex-One Direction Star Not in ISIS
Contact the author at allie@gawker.com . Read more...

One Direction Finally Uses Insurance Policy, May Gain Penalty
“Never Have I Ever” is a song title off of Made In The A.M. that almost coincidentally applied to One Direction’s insurance policy. However, ...

Harry Styles Hits Malibu's Cafe Habana Ahead of One Direction's AMAs Performance
... ‘s husband, businessman Rande Gerber , outside of Cafe Habana restaurant on Saturday (November 21) in Malibu, Calif. The 21-year-old One Direction ...