Error calling method of PBNI object

Hi,
    I'm using PB 9.0.2 and using PBDOM to parse an XML file. Everything
works fine in development environment. When I deploy the app and run the
app, I get the error message "Error calling method of PBNI object" when
PBDOM_Builder's BuildFromString() function is being called. I have included
pbddom90.dll, PBXerces90.dll and xerces-c_1_5_1.dll and still get the same
error message. Would anyone help me figure that out?

Thanks
Junaid

0
Junaid
9/1/2005 3:48:49 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Junaid wrote:
> Hi,
>     I'm using PB 9.0.2 and using PBDOM to parse an XML file. Everything
> works fine in development environment. When I deploy the app and run the
> app, I get the error message "Error calling method of PBNI object" when
> PBDOM_Builder's BuildFromString() function is being called. I have included
> pbddom90.dll, PBXerces90.dll and xerces-c_1_5_1.dll and still get the same
> error message. Would anyone help me figure that out?
>
> Thanks
> Junaid

Do you have xerces-c_2_1_0.dll there as well? Not sure if it was
introduced in 9.0.2 or 10.0 -- you can use Dependency Walker
(http://www.dependencywalker.com) to find out exactly what DLLs
pbxerces90.dll requires.

--
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object
I get the subject error when trying to call setoptions after creating the soapconnection. PB 10, build 4510, windows 2000 Any help appreciated Jim I figured it out. I had to rename all the related dll's in the winnt/system32 directory, then I copied all of those dll's to the local work directory, then I added current directory to the system path, then restarted powerbuilder. I've seen several other people with similar problems, Sybase really needs to clean up and simplify the dll's and deployment. Thanks, Jim > I get the subject error when tryin...

Error calling method of a PBNI object
I've tried almost all PBNI CodeXchange examples and I'm still getting "Error calling method of a PBNI object" message. It appears when I click on the visual object. E.g. in Oscilloscope application everything works fine until I click the oscilloscope screen area. I've tried just unzipping, opening the pbw and run. Then I've tried to rebuild pbx, pbx2pbd90.exe to get pbd and rebuild workspace but the result is still the same. I'm using PB 9.0.1.6533 and Visual Studio .NET 2003 7.1.3088. Regarding to an answer from Clive Collie in the newsgroup before ...

Error calling method of a PBNI object
Hi, Run my deployed application I get this error (PBXRuntimeError) : "PBNI exeption: Error calling method of a PBNI object" this is the code: //declaration used to get data from xml code PBDOM_BUILDER pbdom_builder_new PBDOM_DOCUMENT pbdom_doc PBDOM_OBJECT pbdom_obj_array_root[] PBDOM_OBJECT pbdom_obj_array_data[] int i TRY //parsing if parsing != succed return error long ret ret= XMLParseString(xml_code) if ret<>0 then return ret //string XMLTravco -> PBDOM_DOCUMENT pbdom_doc pbdom_builder_new = Create PBDOM_Builder pbdom_doc ...

Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object #3
We are using Soap/XML in PB 10.5.2 and getting this message. We get it using one DB and not another. Does anyone know what this message means and what we might be missing? Please help ASAP if possible! ...

Error calling method of a PBNI object #2
I have just upgraded to PB 11.2 and have written a small application that can read a text file into some datawindows and then export it to XML. After the export i read in the file into a PBDOM document and needs to add some data and then save the file again. It works fine from inside the PB IDE, but if i compile the application and run ity on the same machine i get the error in the subject line. I have created a runtime package where i include support for PBDOM and XML support. Can anybody maybe help me, with what i'm missing. Thanks in advance Steen Christiansen Seapay A...

Error calling method of a PBNI object #2
Please help me! (Sorry, my english is bad) ;-) My problem is, when I start my application in the runtime I recieved the error: "Error calling method of a PBNI object" When I start my application from the powerbuilder then it works! Please help me... Thank you! ******************************** TRY is_haus_id = proxy.InsertUpdateHaus(is_mandant, is_haus) CATCH (runtimeerror er_haus) fw_killnull(is_haus_Id) fw_killnull(is_haus) fw_log("FEHLER in fw_x_insertupdatehaus: " + er_haus.getMessage()) fw_log("--> Mandant: " + is_mand...

System error
I run a depolyed application and tried to build a xml file from a string of data. I got an error Error text = Error calling method of a PBNI object. Error Object/Control = pbdom_builder. script = build fromstring. I run it in powerbuilder environment is fine. Please help PAtrick Did you deploy the runtime components that the PBDOM90.PBD is dependant on: http://sybooks.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-pb/pbg0900e/apptech/@Generic__BookTextView/49477;pt=49477#X On 4 Nov 2004 14:40:13 -0800, "Patrick Lee" <patrick.lee@companionGroup.com> wrote: >I run...

Web Service & Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object
Please help... I try to consume MS MapPoint web service. Unfortunately without luck :( The following code generates PB Application Execution Error (R0000): Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object. //--- soapconnection conn routewebservicesoap proxy_obj long ll_ret, ll_log conn = create soapconnection // Create proxy object ll_ret = conn.createinstance(proxy_obj, "routewebservicesoap") s1__findaddressspecification specification s1__findresults findresults s1__address address address.addressline = sle_addressline.text address.postalcode = sle_postalcode.text a...

error calling method of a PBNI object in 'CreateJavaInstance'
There is an error "error calling method of a PBNI object " at CreateJavaInstance function of 'FilterInputStream' .But it works fine when "InputStream". Does anyone know what 's wrong or how to debug it?? eg: .... InputStream IS_1 FilterInputStream Filter_IS ll_temp=WLConn.CreateJavaInstance(IS_1,"InputStream") ll_temp=WLConn.CreateJavaInstance(Filter_IS,"FilterInputStream") .... First, run your C++ debugger and see what error message you are getting in your C++ code when you get to that point. On 3 Nov 2003 01...

'Invalid object for method' error calling jaguar component method
I am attempting to call a jaguar component method that has an string argument defined as INOUT. The component has been created in PowerBuilder where the argument is passed by reference. I am able to call the java.CreateComponent successfully but when the component method is called the following error is generated in my browser: Invalid object for method doSomething near line 34 in "/test.htm" Here is the code segment from my server script in the test.htm page: <% .... test = java.CreateComponent("fts/test", "iiop://localhost:9000", "jagadmin...

Getting Error :This method cannot be called until the send method has been called.
Hi, I am facing one tentative error when I am trying to call a page using "XMLHTTP" object. Error description is: This method cannot be called until the send method has been called. Following is the code snippet: Set objHTTP = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.4.0") Call objHTTP.Open("GET", GetHTTP, False) Most of the time, above code is working properly, but some time (I don’t know why) above error occurred. Can any one help me in this regard? Thank you.~ Firoz AnsariPune, Indiahttp://www.firozansari.comWhy product testin...

calling method in user control - keep getting error
Hello, If i dont call any methods of this user control The page runs fine and the user control displays correctly.But I need to pass some data to my user control but every time i try to call one of the user control methods I get the error -  Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I cant figure it out as I've used user controls before - but this user control has a datagrid - I think this might be why it is erroring?The html code look like -  <%@ Register TagPrefix="Check" TagName="CheckGrid" src="../includes/UserControls/Per...

Runtime error calling method in object
--------------8E6E8A9B96C9A37BD2C9F5F8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have an html form that accepts a user id and password. When the user submits these values my DPB server connects to a database to verify they are valid users and then creates a random session number and returns some dynamic html back to the browser. The user can continue on and everything is great. The problem I am finding is that if the user goes back to the first page and submits a login again they recieve an error returned from the CGI script as follows: "...

Error calling mething of PBNI object
Hi All , Referring to the downloaded version of "PBNI_Examples\flags5507\" from Code Exchange of Sybase website. I have re-build the workspace in Visual Studio successfully and also rebuild the PBW workspace from PB10.5 build 5048 after inclusion of the extension file called "flag.dll" then also on click on the flag user object it gives : - Error calling method of PBNI object Application execution error ( R0000 ) Any ideas ..........thanks in advance . -- Regards Van I have the same problem. Did you find any reason ? Best regards. "Van...

Web resources about - Error calling method of PBNI object - sybase.powerbuilder.xml

London Calling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
London Calling is the third studio album by the English punk rock band The Clash . It was released in the United Kingdom on 14 December 1979 ...

List of country calling codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of country calling codes defined by ITU-T recommendations E.123 and E.164 , also called IDD ( International Direct Dialling ) ...

Free VoIP Calling Added To Facebook Messenger For IOS In The U.K.
Voice-over-Internet-protocol calling has made its way across the pond for Facebook Messenger users, as the social network updated its iOS version ...

Facebook Video Calling - Facebook
Bring your conversations to life on Facebook. With face-to-face video calling, now you can watch your friends smile, wink and LOL. To get started, ...

Facebook roundup: video ads, voice calling, logos and more
... than three per day at launch. It is unclear whether the ads will autoplay in the feed or not. More Messenger for Android users get free calling ...

Berlin Calling (@neuraum) on Twitter

Calling all foodies: Here comes @TwitterFood
There are many thousands of food-related Tweets people send on Twitter each day – Tweets about meals, ingredients, favorites, recipes and dining ...

YUBISASHI NIPPON CALLING ENGLISH for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get YUBISASHI NIPPON CALLING ENGLISH on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Calling woman II - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Marcel Oosterwijk's photos on Flickr. Marcel Oosterwijk has uploaded 2195 photos to Flickr.

Why aren't we calling the Oregon occupiers 'terrorists?'
When a group of unknown size and unknown firepower has taken over any federal building with plans and possibly some equipment to aid a years-long ...