Error calling method of a PBNI object

Hi,
Run my deployed application I get this error
(PBXRuntimeError) :
"PBNI exeption: Error calling method of a PBNI object"

this is the code:
//declaration used to get data from xml code
PBDOM_BUILDER pbdom_builder_new
PBDOM_DOCUMENT pbdom_doc
PBDOM_OBJECT pbdom_obj_array_root[]
PBDOM_OBJECT pbdom_obj_array_data[]
int i
TRY
    //parsing if parsing != succed return error
    long ret
    ret= XMLParseString(xml_code)
    if ret<>0 then return ret
    //string XMLTravco -> PBDOM_DOCUMENT pbdom_doc
    pbdom_builder_new = Create PBDOM_Builder
    pbdom_doc = pbdom_builder_new.BuildFromString(xml_code)
    //getrootElement
    pbdom_doc.GetRootElement().GetContent(ref
pbdom_obj_array_root)
    //getdatasElement
    for i=4 to upperbound(pbdom_obj_array_root) step 2
         pbdom_obj_array_root[i].GetContent(ref
pbdom_obj_array_data)
         //create country
          add_country(pbdom_obj_array_data)
    next

CATCH (PBDOM_Exception except)
   MessageBox ('error', "PBDOM exception: " + except.Text)
CATCH ( PBXRuntimeError re )
 MessageBox( 'error', "PBNI exception: " + re.getMessage() )
END TRY

I get no error with this code when I run it from the PB9
IDE.

thanks olivier.
0
olivier
2/13/2004 4:17:39 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Did you deploy the PBDOM90.DLL and PBDOM90.PBD files with your app?

olivier wrote:

> Hi,
> Run my deployed application I get this error
> (PBXRuntimeError) :
> "PBNI exeption: Error calling method of a PBNI object"
>
> this is the code:
> //declaration used to get data from xml code
> PBDOM_BUILDER pbdom_builder_new
> PBDOM_DOCUMENT pbdom_doc
> PBDOM_OBJECT pbdom_obj_array_root[]
> PBDOM_OBJECT pbdom_obj_array_data[]
> int i
> TRY
>     //parsing if parsing != succed return error
>     long ret
>     ret= XMLParseString(xml_code)
>     if ret<>0 then return ret
>     //string XMLTravco -> PBDOM_DOCUMENT pbdom_doc
>     pbdom_builder_new = Create PBDOM_Builder
>     pbdom_doc = pbdom_builder_new.BuildFromString(xml_code)
>     //getrootElement
>     pbdom_doc.GetRootElement().GetContent(ref
> pbdom_obj_array_root)
>     //getdatasElement
>     for i=4 to upperbound(pbdom_obj_array_root) step 2
>          pbdom_obj_array_root[i].GetContent(ref
> pbdom_obj_array_data)
>          //create country
>           add_country(pbdom_obj_array_data)
>     next
>
> CATCH (PBDOM_Exception except)
>    MessageBox ('error', "PBDOM exception: " + except.Text)
> CATCH ( PBXRuntimeError re )
>  MessageBox( 'error', "PBNI exception: " + re.getMessage() )
> END TRY
>
> I get no error with this code when I run it from the PB9
> IDE.
>
> thanks olivier.
0
Bruce
2/13/2004 5:50:36 PM
Probable Solution or Workaround: Reference all PBDOM classes
in your powerscript irrespective of whether you are using it
or not.

> Did you deploy the PBDOM90.DLL and PBDOM90.PBD files with
> your app?
>
> olivier wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > Run my deployed application I get this error
> > (PBXRuntimeError) :
> > "PBNI exeption: Error calling method of a PBNI object"
> >
> > this is the code:
> > //declaration used to get data from xml code
> > PBDOM_BUILDER pbdom_builder_new
> > PBDOM_DOCUMENT pbdom_doc
> > PBDOM_OBJECT pbdom_obj_array_root[]
> > PBDOM_OBJECT pbdom_obj_array_data[]
> > int i
> > TRY
> >     //parsing if parsing != succed return error
> >     long ret
> >     ret= XMLParseString(xml_code)
> >     if ret<>0 then return ret
> >     //string XMLTravco -> PBDOM_DOCUMENT pbdom_doc
> >     pbdom_builder_new = Create PBDOM_Builder
> >     pbdom_doc =
> >     pbdom_builder_new.BuildFromString(xml_code)
> >     //getrootElement
> > pbdom_doc.GetRootElement().GetContent(ref
> >     pbdom_obj_array_root) //getdatasElement
> >     for i=4 to upperbound(pbdom_obj_array_root) step 2
> >          pbdom_obj_array_root[i].GetContent(ref
> > pbdom_obj_array_data)
> >          //create country
> >           add_country(pbdom_obj_array_data)
> >     next
> >
> > CATCH (PBDOM_Exception except)
> >    MessageBox ('error', "PBDOM exception: " +
> > except.Text) CATCH ( PBXRuntimeError re )
> >  MessageBox( 'error', "PBNI exception: " +
> > re.getMessage() ) END TRY
> >
> > I get no error with this code when I run it from the PB9
> > IDE.
> >
> > thanks olivier.
0
gzach
3/10/2004 3:45:50 AM
Can you try the following.

ScenarioA:
1. If in the project painter you have selected the
pbdom90.pbd to be deployed as a dll, then the original
pbdom90.dll in the pb shared directory is overwritten by
this newly created dll.

2. Solution: a. Rename your pbdom90.pbd to something else
like pbdom90Ex.pbd. b. Include it in your PB application.
c.Then deploy the project. So your original pbdom90.dll
which is distributed with PB is not overwritten.

ScenarioB:
1. If in the project painter you have not selected the
pbdom90.pbd to be deployed as a dll, then only the PBDOM
objects referenced in your script get deployed to the EXE.

Eg:
pbdom_object[] obj
pbdom_document doc

doc.getContent(obj[]) will fail if it tries to create a
PBDOM class instance internally which is not referenced in
your script.

2. Solution: a. Reference all PBDOM classes in your
powerscript.

Thanks
GZACH.

> Hi,
> Run my deployed application I get this error
> (PBXRuntimeError) :
> "PBNI exeption: Error calling method of a PBNI object"
>
> this is the code:
> //declaration used to get data from xml code
> PBDOM_BUILDER pbdom_builder_new
> PBDOM_DOCUMENT pbdom_doc
> PBDOM_OBJECT pbdom_obj_array_root[]
> PBDOM_OBJECT pbdom_obj_array_data[]
> int i
> TRY
>     //parsing if parsing != succed return error
>     long ret
>     ret= XMLParseString(xml_code)
>     if ret<>0 then return ret
>     //string XMLTravco -> PBDOM_DOCUMENT pbdom_doc
>     pbdom_builder_new = Create PBDOM_Builder
>     pbdom_doc =
> pbdom_builder_new.BuildFromString(xml_code)
>     //getrootElement
>     pbdom_doc.GetRootElement().GetContent(ref
> pbdom_obj_array_root)
>     //getdatasElement
>     for i=4 to upperbound(pbdom_obj_array_root) step 2
>          pbdom_obj_array_root[i].GetContent(ref
> pbdom_obj_array_data)
>          //create country
>           add_country(pbdom_obj_array_data)
>     next
>
> CATCH (PBDOM_Exception except)
>    MessageBox ('error', "PBDOM exception: " + except.Text)
> CATCH ( PBXRuntimeError re )
>  MessageBox( 'error', "PBNI exception: " + re.getMessage()
> ) END TRY
>
> I get no error with this code when I run it from the PB9
> IDE.
>
> thanks olivier.
0
gzach

Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object
I get the subject error when trying to call setoptions after creating the soapconnection. PB 10, build 4510, windows 2000 Any help appreciated Jim I figured it out. I had to rename all the related dll's in the winnt/system32 directory, then I copied all of those dll's to the local work directory, then I added current directory to the system path, then restarted powerbuilder. I've seen several other people with similar problems, Sybase really needs to clean up and simplify the dll's and deployment. Thanks, Jim > I get the subject error when tryin...

Error calling method of PBNI object
Hi, I'm using PB 9.0.2 and using PBDOM to parse an XML file. Everything works fine in development environment. When I deploy the app and run the app, I get the error message "Error calling method of PBNI object" when PBDOM_Builder's BuildFromString() function is being called. I have included pbddom90.dll, PBXerces90.dll and xerces-c_1_5_1.dll and still get the same error message. Would anyone help me figure that out? Thanks Junaid Junaid wrote: > Hi, > I'm using PB 9.0.2 and using PBDOM to parse an XML file. Everything > works fine in d...

Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object #3
We are using Soap/XML in PB 10.5.2 and getting this message. We get it using one DB and not another. Does anyone know what this message means and what we might be missing? Please help ASAP if possible! ...

Error calling method of a PBNI object #2
I have just upgraded to PB 11.2 and have written a small application that can read a text file into some datawindows and then export it to XML. After the export i read in the file into a PBDOM document and needs to add some data and then save the file again. It works fine from inside the PB IDE, but if i compile the application and run ity on the same machine i get the error in the subject line. I have created a runtime package where i include support for PBDOM and XML support. Can anybody maybe help me, with what i'm missing. Thanks in advance Steen Christiansen Seapay A...

Error calling method of a PBNI object #2
Please help me! (Sorry, my english is bad) ;-) My problem is, when I start my application in the runtime I recieved the error: "Error calling method of a PBNI object" When I start my application from the powerbuilder then it works! Please help me... Thank you! ******************************** TRY is_haus_id = proxy.InsertUpdateHaus(is_mandant, is_haus) CATCH (runtimeerror er_haus) fw_killnull(is_haus_Id) fw_killnull(is_haus) fw_log("FEHLER in fw_x_insertupdatehaus: " + er_haus.getMessage()) fw_log("--> Mandant: " + is_mand...

System error
I run a depolyed application and tried to build a xml file from a string of data. I got an error Error text = Error calling method of a PBNI object. Error Object/Control = pbdom_builder. script = build fromstring. I run it in powerbuilder environment is fine. Please help PAtrick Did you deploy the runtime components that the PBDOM90.PBD is dependant on: http://sybooks.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-pb/pbg0900e/apptech/@Generic__BookTextView/49477;pt=49477#X On 4 Nov 2004 14:40:13 -0800, "Patrick Lee" <patrick.lee@companionGroup.com> wrote: >I run...

Web Service & Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object
Please help... I try to consume MS MapPoint web service. Unfortunately without luck :( The following code generates PB Application Execution Error (R0000): Error Calling Method of a PBNI Object. //--- soapconnection conn routewebservicesoap proxy_obj long ll_ret, ll_log conn = create soapconnection // Create proxy object ll_ret = conn.createinstance(proxy_obj, "routewebservicesoap") s1__findaddressspecification specification s1__findresults findresults s1__address address address.addressline = sle_addressline.text address.postalcode = sle_postalcode.text a...

error calling method of a PBNI object in 'CreateJavaInstance'
There is an error "error calling method of a PBNI object " at CreateJavaInstance function of 'FilterInputStream' .But it works fine when "InputStream". Does anyone know what 's wrong or how to debug it?? eg: .... InputStream IS_1 FilterInputStream Filter_IS ll_temp=WLConn.CreateJavaInstance(IS_1,"InputStream") ll_temp=WLConn.CreateJavaInstance(Filter_IS,"FilterInputStream") .... First, run your C++ debugger and see what error message you are getting in your C++ code when you get to that point. On 3 Nov 2003 01...

'Invalid object for method' error calling jaguar component method
I am attempting to call a jaguar component method that has an string argument defined as INOUT. The component has been created in PowerBuilder where the argument is passed by reference. I am able to call the java.CreateComponent successfully but when the component method is called the following error is generated in my browser: Invalid object for method doSomething near line 34 in "/test.htm" Here is the code segment from my server script in the test.htm page: <% .... test = java.CreateComponent("fts/test", "iiop://localhost:9000", "jagadmin...

Getting Error :This method cannot be called until the send method has been called.
Hi, I am facing one tentative error when I am trying to call a page using "XMLHTTP" object. Error description is: This method cannot be called until the send method has been called. Following is the code snippet: Set objHTTP = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.4.0") Call objHTTP.Open("GET", GetHTTP, False) Most of the time, above code is working properly, but some time (I don’t know why) above error occurred. Can any one help me in this regard? Thank you.~ Firoz AnsariPune, Indiahttp://www.firozansari.comWhy product testin...

calling method in user control - keep getting error
Hello, If i dont call any methods of this user control The page runs fine and the user control displays correctly.But I need to pass some data to my user control but every time i try to call one of the user control methods I get the error -  Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I cant figure it out as I've used user controls before - but this user control has a datagrid - I think this might be why it is erroring?The html code look like -  <%@ Register TagPrefix="Check" TagName="CheckGrid" src="../includes/UserControls/Per...

Runtime error calling method in object
--------------8E6E8A9B96C9A37BD2C9F5F8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have an html form that accepts a user id and password. When the user submits these values my DPB server connects to a database to verify they are valid users and then creates a random session number and returns some dynamic html back to the browser. The user can continue on and everything is great. The problem I am finding is that if the user goes back to the first page and submits a login again they recieve an error returned from the CGI script as follows: "...

Error calling mething of PBNI object
Hi All , Referring to the downloaded version of "PBNI_Examples\flags5507\" from Code Exchange of Sybase website. I have re-build the workspace in Visual Studio successfully and also rebuild the PBW workspace from PB10.5 build 5048 after inclusion of the extension file called "flag.dll" then also on click on the flag user object it gives : - Error calling method of PBNI object Application execution error ( R0000 ) Any ideas ..........thanks in advance . -- Regards Van I have the same problem. Did you find any reason ? Best regards. "Van...

Web resources about - Error calling method of a PBNI object - sybase.powerbuilder.xml

Calling Dr. Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Calling Dr. Death (1943) is the first of the Universal Pictures Inner Sanctum mystery films . The "Inner Sanctum" franchise originated with a ...

List of country calling codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of country calling codes defined by ITU-T recommendations E.123 and E.164 , also called IDD ( International Direct Dialling ) ...

Calling Batman: Bane Takes Over Ecko Unlimited Facebook Page
Bane, the villain in upcoming Batman feature film The Dark Knight Rises , turned his criminal mind toward the Ecko Unlimited Facebook page , ...

Facebook Video Calling - Facebook
Bring your conversations to life on Facebook. With face-to-face video calling, now you can watch your friends smile, wink and LOL. To get started, ...

Facebook’s Talktime program in India pays new mobile users in calling credit
... Facebook has launched its Talktime program in India which gives every new user who signs up with a mobile device 50 Rupees (almost $1) in calling ...

Berlin Calling (@neuraum) on Twitter

Calling all foodies: Here comes @TwitterFood
There are many thousands of food-related Tweets people send on Twitter each day – Tweets about meals, ingredients, favorites, recipes and dining ...

Rounds Video Calling + Chat for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad ...
Get Rounds Video Calling + Chat on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

John Birmingham: Thank god for earthly angels when death comes calling
There are those among us, rare indeed, who hold our hands as we pass through pain, fear and confusion.