CRC-32 Algorithm

Hi Experts,

Has anyone written an algorithm for calculating CRC-32 checksums of a
string in PowerScript.  Java offers it as java.util.zip.CRC32.  Since I
need to append a checksum to my XML message sent out by PowerBuilder.

TIA,
DVD.
0
DVD
4/22/2003 4:26:01 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Here's somebody whose has done it in C:

http://www.createwindow.com/programming/crc32/crctext.htm

Here's another one:

http://cryptopp.sourceforge.net/docs/ref5/class_c_r_c32.html

Here's one more that explains the theory a bit more generically:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/bluebook/21/crc/node6.html#SECTION00060000000000000000

You could use this and transform it into PowerScript, or use PBNI to
call the C++ or Java classes that already exist.

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:26:01 -0400, DVD wrote:

>Hi Experts,
>

>Has anyone written an algorithm for calculating CRC-32 checksums of a
>string in PowerScript.  Java offers it as java.util.zip.CRC32.  Since I
>need to append a checksum to my XML message sent out by PowerBuilder.
>
>TIA,
>DVD.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce

Web resources about - CRC-32 Algorithm - sybase.powerbuilder.xml

Algorithm - Wikipedia
Flow chart of an algorithm (Euclid's algorithm) for calculating the greatest common divisor (g.c.d.) of two numbers a and b in locations named ...

MIT deep-learning algorithm predicts your most memorable photos
Researchers have developed a way of detecting what makes a photograph more appealing to the human eye. A predictive algorithm developed by scientists ...

Did the core algorithm update deal with freshness?
Google rolled out a huge algorithm update over the weekend but so far there has been no confirmation of what it actually did. Publishing sites ...

The risks of letting algorithms judge us (Opinion) - CNN.com
Bruce Schneier: China is considering a new system, designed to rate people's trustworthiness. It has a lot in common with the systems that score ...

Don’t be Pigeon-holed by Google’s Local Algorithm Changes
On July 24, 2014, Google updated its local search algorithm, setting out to make local search more relevant, more accurate and more useful for ...

An Algorithm Could Know You Have A Genetic Disease Before You Do
... who are aware, the average age of diagnosis is 47, often after a patient has had a heart attack or other major cardiac event. Could an algorithm ...

When Algorithms Give Orders: The Ethics Of Fulfilling Our Desires Vs Saving Us From Ourselves
What happens as driverless cars and digital assistants begin to make ever more decisions for us – should they fulfill our desires or save us ...

IBM bets on mergers and algorithms
Analytics experiment looks to strip out human error to improve returns on deals

How Facebook and Google's Algorithms Are Affecting Our Political Viewpoints - Megan Anderle
Now that the 2016 presidential election is a regular part of the news cycle and users are sharing their opinions daily, let's dive into all the ...

Tinder’s Secret ‘Desirability Algorithm’ Is Not Just About The Swipe
... in popularity, and according to CEO Sean Rad, on Tinder it’s about more than the swipe. CNET reports that Rad explains the desirability algorithm ...