Convert datawindow to XML in Powerbuilder 7

how do I convert my datawindow to xml file? I am using powerbuilder 7.
Thank =)
0
d3t
9/26/2008 7:28:19 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You have two choices:

1.  By hand.  Loop through the rows and columns and parse the XML
together.

2.  Upgrade to PB9, which was when XML export was introduced as a
native functionality.

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 00:28:19 -0700 (PDT), d3t <d3t21985@gmail.com>
wrote:

>how do I convert my datawindow to xml file? I am using powerbuilder 7.
>Thank =)

0
Bruce
9/26/2008 12:37:54 PM
I guess I can't upgarde my pb7 to pb9 since all of our applications
are already running in pb7. Upgarding might cause a lot of problems
during deployment. I only left with the first option. I have tried it
alreadfy and it worked. Thanks Bruce for the solution supplied.
0
d3t

XML in Powerbuilder
Is there functionality in Powerbuilder 7 or 8 for XML? Where could I find out more about it? There is no built-in XML support in PB7 or 8. PB9 will feature an XML parse and XML export/import support in the datawindow/datastore. In the meantime, you are limited to string concatenation and using the Microsoft MSXML parser via OLE automation. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network -- http://sdn.sybase.com <Jonna> wrote in message news:64B2A31B812014050068302685256BF2.0068303885256BF2@webforums... > Is there functionality in Powerb...

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

XML and PowerBuilder
Is anyone aware of an XML parser/utility which can be used with PowerBuilder? (DLL or something similar?) Regards Thomas Kellerer ========================================================== Who is user GENERAL FAILURE and why is he reading my disk? ...

PowerBuilder with XML
Hi: I suggest that PowerBuilder support XML.If PowerBuilder have XML function or component,it will be much better than Delphi! Barkely I agree. With the database world increasingly dominated by XML, I find that searching the (beta) help files for PB8 there is not a single mention of XML, like this has passed by the folk at Sybase. What we need, at the very least, is a datawindow to output XML and accepts XML as input. I guess we will have to wait for PB9 now "Barkely" <barkelyhwang@mpinfo.com.tw> wrote in message news:...

XMl to XML

Convert XML to another XML
Hi, I have an XML file, that I want to convert into another XML file (either identical to the original, or sorted, or filtered, doesn't matter). I do not want to convert it to HTML or XHTML. That, I know how to do.  I read that I have to include: <xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" omit-xml-declaration="no" indent="yes"/> But it's not working. Even the xml declarations do not appear in the output. And how do I copy the xml tags to the result? Thanks.  ...

Xml Convert string to xml
Hi I have a save the file xml to database as TEXT, I would have to read the field of the db, and reading the tag of the xml Can Help me Thank's...

Infomaker 7 report = Powerbuilder 7 datawindow
Hi! We've recently migrated to powerbuilder 7 from powerbuilder 5. And we've taken advantage of the ability to create and modify the same reports in both powerbuilder and infomaker. However just now we've noticed a problem with modify a report created in powerbuilder in infomaker and visa versa. The datasource does not appear correctly. Powerbuilder & Infomaker 7.0.2 Build 8024 Is their a work around for this issue, or should be at a different patch level? Thanks! Richard W. Miquest I'm not following you. What do you mean with 'the datasource...

Converting XML string into XML Document
I am calling a web service which returns an XML string containing numerous fields which I need to obtain the values against.I have done the following so far, in an effort to retrieve the values within the XML, but it appears that despite loading this XML string into an XMLDocument, the entire string is assigned as the InnerHTML of the XMLDocument, but there are no nodes/entities etc.// Extract return fields from the Web Service (result is the xml string response from the webservice).StringReader sr = new StringReader(result);XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument();xmlDoc.Load(sr);// These are...

1 Xml -> 2 DataWindows; 2 DataWindows -> 1 Xml
Hi Is it possible to import an Xml file like <data> <dataX>...</dataX> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> ... <dataV>...</dataV> </data> to one Datawindow ? On the other hand is it easily possible to assemble data from two Datawindows in one XML file ? thanks Thomas Kovasits Thomas Kovasits wrote: > Hi > Is it possible to import an Xml file like > <data> > <dataX>...</dataX> > <dataV>...</dataV> > &l...

Convert Xml document to Xml file
i have a function which returns outerxml and i have to bind it to a treeview which can be done with an xml file so how toconvert this outer xml document to xml file try this code StreamWriter w = new StreamWriter("MyFileName.xml", false);    w.Write(XmlDocument1.OuterXml);    w.Close();Wessam Zeidan...

How to convert XML file into XML Schema
How to convert XML file into XML SchemaAzharPirana Dargah I am not sure it makes sense to "convert" an XML file into an XML schema. What makes sense and what you can do is "infer" a schema from an XML instance document. Visual Studio can do that for you for example, as can other XML editors. If you want to do it programmatically in the .NET framework then you can do it since .NET 2.0 with the class http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.schema.xmlschemainference.aspxMartin Honnen --- MVP XMLMy blog hi Azhar, Open a xml file uasing Visual Studio. Now yo...

How PowerBuilder interacts with XML?
As far as I know, PowerBuilder is not directly supporting XML but, is there any way how we can interact PB with XML. Thanks for the help. Vasu What exactly is it that you need to do? Parse XML? Generate XML from back-end data? What kind of application is this? A fat client, a distributed client, a Jauar client? You have a few options, depending on the above: 1. Use a COM or C++-based XML parser, like MSXML (Microsoft) or Xerces (Apache) 2. If you are using an application server (Jaguar for example) you can use a Java component that does the parsing for you and returns results...

How to convert datawindows in XML
Hi everyone! I'm new with XML, we are making some changes in our webpage, and we want to use the page for HTML and WML. We are using PB 9 to create the datawindows, can some tell me the steps to use XML ...

Web resources about - Convert datawindow to XML in Powerbuilder 7 - sybase.powerbuilder.xml

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles