1 Xml -> 2 DataWindows; 2 DataWindows -> 1 Xml

Hi
Is it possible to import an Xml file like
<data>
   <dataX>...</dataX>
   <dataV>...</dataV>
   <dataV>...</dataV>
   <dataV>...</dataV>
   <dataV>...</dataV>
</data>
to one Datawindow ?

On the other hand is it easily possible to assemble data
from two Datawindows in one XML file ?

thanks
Thomas Kovasits
0
Thomas
4/1/2005 8:37:17 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Thomas Kovasits wrote:
> Hi
> Is it possible to import an Xml file like
> <data>
>    <dataX>...</dataX>
>    <dataV>...</dataV>
>    <dataV>...</dataV>
>    <dataV>...</dataV>
>    <dataV>...</dataV>
> </data>
> to one Datawindow ?
>
> On the other hand is it easily possible to assemble data
> from two Datawindows in one XML file ?
>
> thanks
> Thomas Kovasits

2x Yes

--
Roy
0
> Thomas Kovasits wrote:
> > Hi
> > Is it possible to import an Xml file like
> > <data>
> >    <dataX>...</dataX>
> >    <dataV>...</dataV>
> >    <dataV>...</dataV>
> >    <dataV>...</dataV>
> >    <dataV>...</dataV>
> > </data>
> > to one Datawindow ?
> >
> > On the other hand is it easily possible to assemble data
> > from two Datawindows in one XML file ?
> >
> > thanks
> > Thomas Kovasits
>
> 2x Yes
>
> --
> Roy

Thanks roy :-), perhaps I should explain a little bit more
detailed.
I=b4m using PB 10.
In the first case, I do not know how to tell one Datawindow
that datav occures more often than one time and datax
occures exactly one time. So  the main question is, how an
1:n relation is map to an datawindow.

Second, I=b4m sure that assembling two Datawindows in on XML
file deal with the export.xml.templates but my Problem is
that the SaveAs function doesn=b4t assemble them. So a
pseudo code would be
dw_1.SaveAs(xml!,"thomas.xml")
dw_2.SaveAs(xml!,"thomas.xml")
both templates have the same designe but this doesn=b4t
work.
This might be quit naive, but I thought if it is possible to
read from a file with diffrent templates, it should be
possible to write to a file with the same structured
templates(execpt of the correlations between tags and
computed fields) in diffrent dw=b4s.

So where is the problem ?

 A more detailed answer would be nice

Thomas
0
Thomas
4/1/2005 6:56:13 PM
For the repeating element, use the StartDetail attribute in your XML
template.

For the assembly piece, you need to work w/ a nested datawindow, which
you can map to the template.

--
Roy

Thomas Kovasits wrote:
>>Thomas Kovasits wrote:
>>
>>>Hi
>>>Is it possible to import an Xml file like
>>><data>
>>>   <dataX>...</dataX>
>>>   <dataV>...</dataV>
>>>   <dataV>...</dataV>
>>>   <dataV>...</dataV>
>>>   <dataV>...</dataV>
>>></data>
>>>to one Datawindow ?
>>>
>>>On the other hand is it easily possible to assemble data
>>>from two Datawindows in one XML file ?
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>Thomas Kovasits
>>
>>2x Yes
>>
>>--
>>Roy
>

> Thanks roy :-), perhaps I should explain a little bit more
> detailed.
> I�m using PB 10.
> In the first case, I do not know how to tell one Datawindow
> that datav occures more often than one time and datax
> occures exactly one time. So  the main question is, how an
> 1:n relation is map to an datawindow.
>
> Second, I�m sure that assembling two Datawindows in on XML
> file deal with the export.xml.templates but my Problem is
> that the SaveAs function doesn�t assemble them. So a
> pseudo code would be
> dw_1.SaveAs(xml!,"thomas.xml")
> dw_2.SaveAs(xml!,"thomas.xml")
> both templates have the same designe but this doesn�t
> work.
> This might be quit naive, but I thought if it is possible to
> read from a file with diffrent templates, it should be
> possible to write to a file with the same structured
> templates(execpt of the correlations between tags and
> computed fields) in diffrent dw�s.
>
> So where is the problem ?
>
>  A more detailed answer would be nice
>
> Thomas
0
Roy

How to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2?
I have 2.1.1 wokring fine and I have spent a lot of time making it just right but I want to make sure I have the latest & greatest so I am trying to get 2.1.2 to work so I can upgrade. When I try to set-up 2.1.2 I get a few errors such as: Could Not Load Skin: ~/Portals/_default/Skins/_default/admin.ascx Error: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\dnn212\295dc47c\1861dacc\3z6nxty1.0.vb(159): error BC30560: 'admin_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'. Is there a simple way to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2? RDD Iff you have not made any cha...

updated 1.2.2 to 2.0.1 but still shows 1.2.2
I just reinstalled the SBS 6 with the NW6 SP3 Overly cd and i put web access, iprint, dhcp/dns, naas on the initial install. I then proceded to upgrade edir to 8.7.1 ( i updated jvm and the other stuff that 8.7.1 required first) and everything went great. I then udated imanager from 1.2.2. to 2.0.1 and the install went as expected no errors or anything. Here is the problem when i surf to iManager with internet exploder 6 it shows me i am using 1.2.2. I read the instructions and they talk about some migrating but the direction don't match imanager 1.2.2 (i assume they are reffe...

[1.2, 2.0?] DAL and XML
I just stumbled across what is probably old news. I find the implications very.. interesting. XPath Querying Over Objects with ObjectXPathNavigator -- http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml03172003.asp Death, Taxes, and Relational Databases, Part 1 -- http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml04212003.asp Death, Taxes, and Relational Databases, Part 2 -- http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml01212004.asp Specifically, we could (easily) serialize ...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

Version 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 upgrade
Hi folks, I upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 last night. In case anybody wants it, I created a ZIP file containing the changed RUNTIME files - all you need to do is extract and ftp over the top of your 2.1.1 install - assuming you've NOT MODIFIED anything yourself... ;) Get the ZIP file here. Hope someone finds it helpful. joel joelblogs.co.uk...

XML Transform to 1 XML file to another XML File
Hello All  I am a novice programmer. I want to transform 1 xml file to another xml file. I am looking for a example code where user will select source xml file and create another xml file in different file with different fields with some default validation of parsing date and default values.  Can anyone help me or let me know any available source code in C#/ASP.Net?  Ms Disha I am assuming you know xslt, if not, you would have to go look at that.  But if you do, then this document will help you out http://www.csharpfriends.com/Articles/getArticle.aspx?articleID=...

VWD Express: How can I get (1) XML/XSLT and (2) XML Design for DOM Relational Data started?
Hi all,I know some basic materials of XML/XSLT, XML database, and VWD Express. But I do not know how to get (1) XML/XSLT and (2) XML Design for DOM Relational Data started in my first XML-related application created in the Website of the VWD Express program.  Please help and advise.Thanks,SHC      The code in the thread below was written in Asp.net 1.1 but it is still good now.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/thread/1026295.aspxKind regards,Gift Peddie Hi Caddre, Thanks for your response.I am using the Visual Basic language in my V...

DNN 2.1.2
The log viewer on my site is not working. When I go to the page I receive the error "An IO Error has occurred writing to the exception log." I have root access to the server. I am unable to delete the Exception.xml.resources file. Each time I try to delete it, the file is being used by a process. I stopped IIS but that didn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.Manhattan Beach DotNetNuke Meetup Group Ever get a resolution to this?Daniel StruveDotNetNuke Houston Nope.....still waiting for the LAN team to bounce the server to see if it resolves the issue.Manhatt...

[BUG 2.1.1] XML/XSL Module Not Working
The previous bug I reported is fixed in 2.1.1 however, I have another major issue. Upon upgrading a portal that relies HEAVILY on XML, I am receiving the following error from the XML/XSL module (non-upgrade.. the one that comes with the product) ----------------------------------- "A critical error has occurred. Invalid path for MapPath '/DesktopModules/XML/http://Myserver/Status/StatusCounts.xsl'. A virtual path is expected." Method: System.Web.HttpRequest.MapPath DatabaseVersion: 2.1.1 AssemblyVersion: 2.1.1.16391 PortalID: 0 ExceptionGUID: 6ea14d84...

Any chance of a difference report between 2.1.1 and 2.1.2?
It would be helpful for those who downloaded and went through the pain of working out what had changed between 2.0.4 and 2.1.1 to have a difference between 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 in addition to 2.0.4 to 2.1.2 that is on dotnetnuke.comVisit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads. TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts easily The code difference is posted in the dotnetnuke.com site itself in the CHM format. There is a link to download the DNN 2.1.2 in the home page. Click the read more and follow that to get your required link...

XML Datawindow #2
Using PB 10.5 Hi! im importing some information From a text file to a datawindow , from there i'm saving that info as an xml file i was having trobles loading this xml file , so i checked it with an hexagecimal editor after checking the file i found that it have some special characteres at the begining of the file hexagesimal EF and BB are at the biggining of the file (something like "�" and "n") , and it seems that the file doesnt get loaded (In another pb process) when it has this special characters at the beginign of the file Any idea about ...

D:\DotNetNuke\DotNetNuke_2.1.2\Providers\LoggingProviders\XMLLoggingProvider\XMLLoggingProvider.vb(900): 'Public Sub Transform(input As System.Xml.XPath.IXPathNavigable, args As System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArg
Hi this is just a warning, but I wanted to post this - I have my compiler set to treat warnings as errors, its set pretty high D:\DotNetNuke\DotNetNuke_2.1.2\Providers\LoggingProviders\XMLLoggingProvider\XMLLoggingProvider.vb(900): 'Public Sub Transform(input As System.Xml.XPath.IXPathNavigable, args As System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList, output As System.IO.TextWriter)' is obsolete: 'You should pass XmlResolver to Transform() method' the way that I fixed this was to create an empty XmlUrlResolver and I passed that in instead of the output textwriter and seems ok I also have this o...

XML generated by a dataset in Framework 2.0 C# versus 1.1 VB
I have a question regarding the xml generated from a dataset. In vb and Framework 1.1 the following code will generate the  XML string:   Dim ds as DataSet Dim sb as StringBuilder=New StringBuilder Dim sw as StringWriter=New StringWriter(sb)   --load schema in dataset --for each column set: col.ColumnMapping = MappingType.Attribute; Insert rows in dataset generate XML with ds.WriteXml(sw) the XML looks like: "<NewDataSet>  <MyTable AGRID="103487659" /></NewDataSet>"   In C# and Framework 2.0 the difference is: StringBui...

XMl to XML

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

Web resources about - 1 Xml -> 2 DataWindows; 2 DataWindows -> 1 Xml - sybase.powerbuilder.xml