Web.PB Wizard says No Web Enabled Functions

Many of my functions which are working Web.PB/DPB functions cannot be
processed by the Web.PB Wizard. It either only shows a subset of them or
returns a message saying the PBL does not contain any web enabled functions
when in fact it does.

This appeared to still be the case in an early Beta of 6.0.  Is this known
bug or I'm doing something to confuse the Wizard?  Other's have seen this
but no one has offered a solution.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Don Draper
CCS Consulting, Inc.
ddraper@consultccs.com

0
Don
11/24/1997 1:49:18 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Don Draper wrote:

> Many of my functions which are working Web.PB/DPB functions cannot be
> processed by the Web.PB Wizard. It either only shows a subset of them or
> returns a message saying the PBL does not contain any web enabled functions
> when in fact it does.
>
> This appeared to still be the case in an early Beta of 6.0.  Is this known
> bug or I'm doing something to confuse the Wizard?  Other's have seen this
> but no one has offered a solution.  Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Don Draper
> CCS Consulting, Inc.
> ddraper@consultccs.com

I haven't seen this problem. I think the Web.PB wizard is looking for
functions that return either strings or blobs. Are you sure that your
functions are all of either of these types?

--
-----
Tom Cervenka

Thanks.
Don
--
Don Draper
CCS Consulting, Inc.

Tom Cervenka <ezad1@insnet.com> wrote in article
<3479F2D0.2C49@insnet.com>...
> Don Draper wrote:
> >
> > Many of my functions which are working Web.PB/DPB functions cannot be
> > processed by the Web.PB Wizard. It either only shows a subset of them
or
> > returns a message saying the PBL does not contain any web enabled
functions
> > when in fact it does.
> >
> > This appeared to still be the case in an early Beta of 6.0.  Is this
known
> > bug or I'm doing something to confuse the Wizard?  Other's have seen
this
> > but no one has offered a solution.  Any ideas would be appreciated.
> >
> > Don Draper
> > CCS Consulting, Inc.
> > ddraper@consultccs.com
>
> I haven't seen this problem. I think the Web.PB wizard is looking for
> functions that return either strings or blobs. Are you sure that your
> functions are all of either of these types?
>
> --
> -----
> Tom Cervenka
> ezad1@insnet.com

0
Don
11/26/1997 11:23:49 AM
Don Draper wrote:

> Yes, they all return string or blob and work as successful Web.PB
> functions.  This has happened on different machines both under Win95 and NT
> so I'm sure I can't the only one who has had this problem.
>
> Thanks.
> Don
> --
> Don Draper
> CCS Consulting, Inc.
> ddraper@consultccs.com
>
> Tom Cervenka <ezad1@insnet.com> wrote in article
> <3479F2D0.2C49@insnet.com>...
> > Don Draper wrote:
> > >
> > > Many of my functions which are working Web.PB/DPB functions cannot be
> > > processed by the Web.PB Wizard. It either only shows a subset of them
> or
> > > returns a message saying the PBL does not contain any web enabled
> functions
> > > when in fact it does.
> > >
> > > This appeared to still be the case in an early Beta of 6.0.  Is this
> known
> > > bug or I'm doing something to confuse the Wizard?  Other's have seen
> this
> > > but no one has offered a solution.  Any ideas would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Don Draper
> > > CCS Consulting, Inc.
> > > ddraper@consultccs.com
> >
> > I haven't seen this problem. I think the Web.PB wizard is looking for
> > functions that return either strings or blobs. Are you sure that your
> > functions are all of either of these types?
> >
> > --
> > -----
> > Tom Cervenka
> > ezad1@insnet.com

I noticed that the wizard does not "see" private functions.  Are your
functions public?
0
Bill

Web.PB Wizard Says "No Web Enabled Functions"?
Many of my functions which are working Web.PB/DPB functions cannot be processed by the Web.PB Wizard. It either only shows a subset of them or returns a message saying the PBL does not contain any web enabled functions when in fact it does. This appeared to still be the case in an early Beta of 6.0. Is this known bug or I'm doing something to confuse the Wizard? Other's have seen this but no one has offered a solution. Any ideas would be appreciated. Don Draper ddraper@consultccs.com ...

web web web

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web Server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software). Thanks. ...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software).Thanks. Try: http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001660 On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:44:58 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Rich Walz <rich@cse-armerica.com> wrote: >The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware >components...avail...

WEB.PB OR WEB.SQL ?
Hello, I will begin a web-based development project. The project consists of a web-server(IIS4), Dbase-Server (Sybase SQL 11) , OS (NT4 Server) and PB5004. Internet users can view WebPages by standard browsers. The user will enter data into a form on the WebPages. The data or SQL statement are submitted to a dbase server for calculation. The result set and computed values are returned to WebPages and viewed by user's browsers. I thank that Web.pb may be answer for this project. However Web.sql also can do this kind job. I want to know "What are the difference between t...

WEB.SQL or WEB.PB
Hello, I will begin a web-based development project. The project consists of a web-server(IIS4), Dbase-Server (Sybase SQL 11) , OS (NT4 Server) and PB5004. Internet users can view WebPages by standard browsers. The user will enter data into a form on the WebPages. The data or SQL statement are submitted to a dbase server for calculation. The result set and computed values are returned to WebPages and viewed by user's browsers. I thank that Web.pb may be answer for this project. However Web.sql also can do this kind job. I want to know "What are the difference between t...

Is web.pb right for my app, nested datawindows and web.pb, display flexibility
1.) The web.pb application that I am putting together requires the following: - Validate User against database based on passed ID and password - Display a selection list of accounts (from database) - Based on user selected accounts, generate 2 SQL reports from database (both reports are nested datawindows and utilize SQL Server 6.5 Stored Procedures) Is the Web.pb solution suited for this? If not, what else should I consider? 2.) Saving the rows of a nested datawindow as an HTML table appears to save the data in the primary datawindow EXCLUDING the data in nested datawindows. ...

WEB PB as a WEB development tool.
Hi all, I received the following news from my boss and was asked what I am thinking as far as using PowerBuilder as our WEB developement tool. Since you all are so involved with the PB Web development, what do you all think as far as where PB will go with its WEB dev. effort or even as a leader in client/server tool? The once-golden PowerBuilder business stalled out (along with much of the client/server market sector), weak attempts to move PowerBuilder to the Web received a cool response. This month, Sybase brings its latest (and probably last) attempt to move PB to the Web m...

Web.PB and Personal-Web-Server
I want to use the powerbuilder internt tools, especially the web.pb tool. My PB runs on a win 98 maschine without an internet server, so I start the personal-web-server from Powerdynamo and the CGI-Helper. Now I have to copy the web.pb tools "pbcgi70.exe" ( and dlls ) to an folder where the web-server expects to find CGI - programs. But how does this work with the personal-web-server. Which folder and where can I change the properties of the personal-web-server (pws) The pws runs great with PowerDynamo but if i try to test a html page with the commen Internet-Explorer (...

Web.PB and Apache web server
Somebody have sucessfully used an apache web server with the Web.PB under Win95. I'm currently trying to use this together but hadn't succes. I'm looking for some help to do this. Jonny ...

Web.PB Running on a Hosted Web
We have developed a Web.PB application which is to run on a hosted web running IIS on NT 4.0 (we don't have access to the server). We cannot get beyond the error: Could not find definition for Server Alias 'webapp'. The webmaster swears the pbweb.ini file is placed in the c:\winnt directory, and location= has been set to his server's IP address. The application works here (developed on NT Workstation running Peer Web Services). One difference is that the web host has multiple virtual servers, (so that each of his hosted locations has its own IP address and dom...

WEB hosting of WEB.PB application
We want to find a ISP who will host our WEB.PB application with server program and database. If anybody has some experience or could help us find a proper ISP please contact us. e-mail spavle@hotmail.com Sincerly Pavle Spoljaric Zagreb, Croatia You might check with Dean Jones of PowerTeam (www.powerobjects.com). In addition to being a PB consultant, member of TeamPS, yadda, yadda, yadda, he is also an ISP. I know he's talked about installing Jaguar on one of his servers and offering Jaguar as a service to his customers. Given his rabid support of Distributed PB (h...

Config. Web Server (Web.pb)
Hi all, I try to configure the web server (IIS) : 1) create dir c:\wwwroot\cgi-shl 2) IP addres 10.10.10.101 to www.alasa.com (server identity) 3) Map c:\wwwroot\cgi-shl to CGI programs 4) Map c:\wwwroot to html docs and it does not work (error the url not found) Please some help me, thanks a lot. PD: Only works in localhost.. ...

PB 11.5.1 (4011)
Hello Everyone, I am getting a strange error when calling a C# Web Service in PB 11.5.1 (4011). System.OutOfMemoryException When my application starts, I do the following: application global variable n_uploaded_files gnv_uploaded_files open event of application gnv_uploaded_files = CREATE n_uploaded_files n_uploaded_files instance variable s2010_upload_web_service iproxy_webservice SoapConnection iSOAP_connection constructor event of n_uploaded_files isoap_connection = CREATE SoapConnection of_instantiateservice(iproxy_webservice, "s201...

Web resources about - Web.PB Wizard says No Web Enabled Functions - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb

Wave function - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... (a ball attached to a spring ) in classical mechanics (A-B) and quantum mechanics (C-H). In quantum mechanics (C-H), the ball has a wave function ...

TV binging, exercise skipping linked to poor cognitive function
... their fit, less TV-addicted counterparts. In particular, couch potatoes had slightly lower brain processing speeds and worse executive function, ...

iPhone best tricks and functions - Business Insider
Your iPhone can do a lot more than you think.

Review: HP Spectre 360 A Perfect Mix Of Style, Form, Function
HP Inc. delivers a brushed-aluminum laptop with a new 6th Generation Intel i7 processor, making it one of the best-looking, best-priced and best-performing ...

HPE Offers Catalog of Virtual Network Functions for Telcos
The vendor's OpenNFV Solution Portal gives carriers a single place to find a range of VNFs that are pre-tested to run on their networks.

Code Craft – Embedding C++: Timing Virtual Functions
... compiler just like the standard language types. A subtype inherits the characteristics of its parent type and can use, or not, the member functions ...

Madras HC asks police to allow Tipu’s birth anniversary function
... Station on a petition filed by Ismail, General Secretary of Thamizhaga Makkal Jananayaga Katchi, seeking grant of permission to hold the function. ...

Colorado governor: This Planned Parenthood shooting may be a function of inflammatory rhetoric from bloggers ...
Via Grabien , skip to 4:45 of the clip below for the key bit. I naively thought we were (mostly) done with “climate of hate” stupidity after ...

Surprise: Binge-Watching TV May Cause a Decline in Brain Function
With the second season of Transparent only a few days away, some bad news awaits us: According to a recent study and common sense, probably, ...

1964 Archival Footage of British Soldiers Under the Effects of LSD Losing the Ability to Properly Function ...
1964 archival footage of British soldiers being given LSD-25 while training the the field. Over time they lost their ability to properly function, ...