Web.pb repeatedly calling a function?

Has anyone else noticed web.pb calling a function more than once when it
was not supposed to? The HTML specifies a GET, not a POST but we are
getting the same function called 2x, 2 seconds apart.

We are still using PB 5.0.2 on a  WIN95 box.

This is causing some serious problems.. any ideas?

Julie Kirk
Applied Creative Technologies, Inc
jlkirk@actinc.org
0
Julie
2/27/1998 2:07:46 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Is the function returning a BLOB result. Web.PB has special rules for
functions that return BLOBs. In essence it calls repeatedly until it gets a
NULL blob. This allows you to send binary data in chunks.

Dave

Julie Lenzer Kirk wrote in message <01bd4392$7741f760$04020e0a@actnt1>...
>Has anyone else noticed web.pb calling a function more than once when it
>was not supposed to? The HTML specifies a GET, not a POST but we are
>getting the same function called 2x, 2 seconds apart.
>
>We are still using PB 5.0.2 on a  WIN95 box.
>
>This is causing some serious problems.. any ideas?
>
>Julie Kirk
>Applied Creative Technologies, Inc
>jlkirk@actinc.org

0
Dave
2/27/1998 4:22:24 PM
Julie,

This is a know bug with Internet Explorer 3 which we reported to
Microsoft.
*  We have determined it is a Microsoft browser bug and Microsoft will
be investigating.
Case#: SRX980107603366  at Microsoft.

One thing that I would be interested in knowing is if you are using
O'Reilly Website?

If so, are you returning data back via a blob function?

If so, are you also calculating and returning the Content-Length:?

One of the behaviors of WebSite is to automatically calculate and add
the content-length of the result from any cgi program.  You have two
of WebSite by returning a complete HTTP header (must contain the the
HTTP status)

        HTTP/1.0 200 Okay

The second option is know as "Non-Parsed Headers" in the CGI world.

HTH,

John Martin
Product Support Eng.

0
John
3/4/1998 8:07:30 PM
It seems that web.pb calls a function twice if the function returns
something like
	blob('Location:  file.psr~r~n~r~n')
(assume dw plugin is installed)

If the function returns blob('Location: file.html~r~n~r~n') AND file.html
does not have any reference to a .psr file, everything is fine.  If
file.html has a reference to .psr file, it calls the function infinitely.

Can somebody duplicate this?

George Ren
Powercerv

0
George
3/5/1998 1:33:46 AM
It matters not what content is returned but only its type. If the
function returns a string, Web.PB invokes it only once. If the function
returns a blob, Web.PB will keep calling it until it returns a null
blob.
--
-----
Tom Cervenka

George Ren wrote:

> It seems that web.pb calls a function twice if the function returns
> something like
>         blob('Location:  file.psr~r~n~r~n')
> (assume dw plugin is installed)
>
> If the function returns blob('Location: file.html~r~n~r~n') AND file.html
> does not have any reference to a .psr file, everything is fine.  If
> file.html has a reference to .psr file, it calls the function infinitely.
>
> Can somebody duplicate this?
>
> George Ren
> Powercerv
0
Tom
3/5/1998 7:30:44 PM
When I say it calls twice, I mean web.pb calls the function like this:
	1.  a) returns a non-null blob
	     b) returns a null blob.
	2.  a) returns a non-null blob
	     b) returns a null blob.
So, it actually calls the functions four times.

This only happens if the non-null blob is something like 'Location:
file.psr~r~n~r~n'
If the non-null blob is 'Location:  file.html~r~n~r~n', everything is fine.

Any ideas?

George Ren

Tom Cervenka <ezad1@insnet.com> wrote in article
<34FEFD64.48BA@insnet.com>...
> It matters not what content is returned but only its type. If the
> function returns a string, Web.PB invokes it only once. If the function
> returns a blob, Web.PB will keep calling it until it returns a null
> blob.
> --
> -----
> Tom Cervenka
> ezad1@insnet.com

0
George
3/10/1998 10:30:42 PM
I have seen URLs called twice with when using WebSite's
"Hold connection open for re-use" was checked and using certain browsers..

I now leave it unchecked.

Julie Lenzer Kirk wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed web.pb calling a function more than once when it
> was not supposed to? The HTML specifies a GET, not a POST but we are
> getting the same function called 2x, 2 seconds apart.
>
> We are still using PB 5.0.2 on a  WIN95 box.
>
> This is causing some serious problems.. any ideas?
>
> Julie Kirk
> Applied Creative Technologies, Inc
> jlkirk@actinc.org

0
JP

PB 11.5.1 (4011)
Hello Everyone, I am getting a strange error when calling a C# Web Service in PB 11.5.1 (4011). System.OutOfMemoryException When my application starts, I do the following: application global variable n_uploaded_files gnv_uploaded_files open event of application gnv_uploaded_files = CREATE n_uploaded_files n_uploaded_files instance variable s2010_upload_web_service iproxy_webservice SoapConnection iSOAP_connection constructor event of n_uploaded_files isoap_connection = CREATE SoapConnection of_instantiateservice(iproxy_webservice, "s201...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web Server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software). Thanks. ...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software).Thanks. Try: http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001660 On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:44:58 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Rich Walz <rich@cse-armerica.com> wrote: >The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware >components...avail...

Web.PB Wizard says No Web Enabled Functions
Many of my functions which are working Web.PB/DPB functions cannot be processed by the Web.PB Wizard. It either only shows a subset of them or returns a message saying the PBL does not contain any web enabled functions when in fact it does. This appeared to still be the case in an early Beta of 6.0. Is this known bug or I'm doing something to confuse the Wizard? Other's have seen this but no one has offered a solution. Any ideas would be appreciated. Don Draper CCS Consulting, Inc. ddraper@consultccs.com Don Draper wrote: > > Many of my functions which ...

Calling overloaded functions from Web PB
Hi, I'm calling overloaded functions from WebPB and getting the error "multiple versions of method exist." I have an ancestor object that has one string argument for the function. The descendent object has the same function with two string arguments. I plan on overloading this function again in later descendants with different numbers of arguments. I know that WebPB can't match the number of arguments to the function, but I was hoping it would use the descendant function. What kind of overloading/overriding does Web PB support? Overriding (defining the same funct...

Calling function in web.pb window
Hi I have a PowerBuilder window witch I use in a program called InTouch On my window i have a function (of_test) witch takes a string as argument. From VisuslBasic i can call the function like this: 'start of code Dim args(1) Dim numarg Dim thefunc args(0) = "Test of function" thefunc = "of_test" numarg = 1 PBRX1.InvokePBFunction thefunc, numarg, args ' end of code This is taken from example in "Using the PowerBuilder internet tools" page 131 and works great My problem is that InTouch doesn't support arrays. Is there a...

Is web.pb right for my app, nested datawindows and web.pb, display flexibility
1.) The web.pb application that I am putting together requires the following: - Validate User against database based on passed ID and password - Display a selection list of accounts (from database) - Based on user selected accounts, generate 2 SQL reports from database (both reports are nested datawindows and utilize SQL Server 6.5 Stored Procedures) Is the Web.pb solution suited for this? If not, what else should I consider? 2.) Saving the rows of a nested datawindow as an HTML table appears to save the data in the primary datawindow EXCLUDING the data in nested datawindows. ...

WEB.PB OR WEB.SQL ?
Hello, I will begin a web-based development project. The project consists of a web-server(IIS4), Dbase-Server (Sybase SQL 11) , OS (NT4 Server) and PB5004. Internet users can view WebPages by standard browsers. The user will enter data into a form on the WebPages. The data or SQL statement are submitted to a dbase server for calculation. The result set and computed values are returned to WebPages and viewed by user's browsers. I thank that Web.pb may be answer for this project. However Web.sql also can do this kind job. I want to know "What are the difference between t...

Web.PB Wizard Says "No Web Enabled Functions"?
Many of my functions which are working Web.PB/DPB functions cannot be processed by the Web.PB Wizard. It either only shows a subset of them or returns a message saying the PBL does not contain any web enabled functions when in fact it does. This appeared to still be the case in an early Beta of 6.0. Is this known bug or I'm doing something to confuse the Wizard? Other's have seen this but no one has offered a solution. Any ideas would be appreciated. Don Draper ddraper@consultccs.com ...

WEB.SQL or WEB.PB
Hello, I will begin a web-based development project. The project consists of a web-server(IIS4), Dbase-Server (Sybase SQL 11) , OS (NT4 Server) and PB5004. Internet users can view WebPages by standard browsers. The user will enter data into a form on the WebPages. The data or SQL statement are submitted to a dbase server for calculation. The result set and computed values are returned to WebPages and viewed by user's browsers. I thank that Web.pb may be answer for this project. However Web.sql also can do this kind job. I want to know "What are the difference between t...

Web.pb and pb.7
Hello, After installation of PB7 (EAS3), I cannot find web.pb class and library except the tutor_pb.pbl file and some dll's at "Internet Tools" directory. I remember that pb6 includes internet.pbl and webpb.pbl for development. Is it need to download from sybase to create web.pb application? Please any suggestions. Best Regards, Frankie ...

web web web

Why does Web.PB keep calling function that return blobs until the return is null?
Does anybody know a good reason why Web.PB keeps calling a blob returning function until the function returns (null)? I can see how this might be a convienence in some situations but if I designed Web.PB, I wouldn't have thought to do this. The f_retrieve_picture in u_web_examples has a comment that reads: /* Web.pb functions with a blob datatype will be called repeatedly until a Null blob is returned. This is to allow you the ability to stream the amount of data sent back with each request. Once your function has completed its output, return...

Config. Web Server (Web.pb)
Hi all, I try to configure the web server (IIS) : 1) create dir c:\wwwroot\cgi-shl 2) IP addres 10.10.10.101 to www.alasa.com (server identity) 3) Map c:\wwwroot\cgi-shl to CGI programs 4) Map c:\wwwroot to html docs and it does not work (error the url not found) Please some help me, thanks a lot. PD: Only works in localhost.. ...

Web resources about - Web.pb repeatedly calling a function? - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb

James Harden Falls Asleep on Defense. Repeatedly. [DAL@HOU, 11/14/15] - YouTube
James "Defensive Juggernaut" Haren plays no D against big D. Rockets trainers are still trying to awake him from this deep slumber. Created for ...

NSA broke privacy rules repeatedly, audit says
The National Security Agency has broken privacy rules or overstepped its legal authority thousands of times each year since Congress granted ...

Authorities repeatedly warned of dangers to baby girl
Child protection authorities were warned 11 times of dangers to a three-month-old Canberra girl before her death.

Marketing calls harassing Australians repeatedly
AUSTRALIANS are bombarded with more than a million maddening marketing phone calls every day.

Church pays legal costs of paedophile priests - repeatedly
THE Catholic Church has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on legal fees to defend priests and brothers who have already been tried and convicted ...

Lawnton teen repeatedly stabbed in torso
A teenage girl has been repeatedly stabbed in the torso north of Brisbane.

Cop repeatedly capsicum sprayed student
Cop repeatedly capsicum sprayed student

Child abuse royal commission: Staff at Winlaton 'bungled' handling of teenage girl repeatedly abused ...
Staff bungled the handling of a 14-year-old girl staying at the Winlaton Youth Training Centre whose father went on to abuse her for decades, ...

Fischer Repeatedly Asserts That Janet Jenkins Sexually Abused Her Daughter - YouTube
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/bryan-fischer-trying-get-himself-sued Bryan Fischer says Lisa Miller had no choice but to kidnap her daughter ...

Oscar Pistorius lied repeatedly, prosecutor says in closing argument
The chief prosecutor in Oscar Pistorius's murder trial said Thursday in closing arguments that the athlete repeatedly lied during testimony in ...