Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web Server software

The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware
components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB
applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library,
Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software). Thanks.

0
Rich
11/1/1999 9:40:09 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software).Thanks. Try: http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001660 On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:44:58 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Rich Walz <rich@cse-armerica.com> wrote: >The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware >components...avail...

web web web

Config. Web Server (Web.pb)
Hi all, I try to configure the web server (IIS) : 1) create dir c:\wwwroot\cgi-shl 2) IP addres 10.10.10.101 to www.alasa.com (server identity) 3) Map c:\wwwroot\cgi-shl to CGI programs 4) Map c:\wwwroot to html docs and it does not work (error the url not found) Please some help me, thanks a lot. PD: Only works in localhost.. ...

Web.PB and Personal-Web-Server
I want to use the powerbuilder internt tools, especially the web.pb tool. My PB runs on a win 98 maschine without an internet server, so I start the personal-web-server from Powerdynamo and the CGI-Helper. Now I have to copy the web.pb tools "pbcgi70.exe" ( and dlls ) to an folder where the web-server expects to find CGI - programs. But how does this work with the personal-web-server. Which folder and where can I change the properties of the personal-web-server (pws) The pws runs great with PowerDynamo but if i try to test a html page with the commen Internet-Explorer (...

Web.PB and Apache web server
Somebody have sucessfully used an apache web server with the Web.PB under Win95. I'm currently trying to use this together but hadn't succes. I'm looking for some help to do this. Jonny ...

WEB.PB OR WEB.SQL ?
Hello, I will begin a web-based development project. The project consists of a web-server(IIS4), Dbase-Server (Sybase SQL 11) , OS (NT4 Server) and PB5004. Internet users can view WebPages by standard browsers. The user will enter data into a form on the WebPages. The data or SQL statement are submitted to a dbase server for calculation. The result set and computed values are returned to WebPages and viewed by user's browsers. I thank that Web.pb may be answer for this project. However Web.sql also can do this kind job. I want to know "What are the difference between t...

WEB.SQL or WEB.PB
Hello, I will begin a web-based development project. The project consists of a web-server(IIS4), Dbase-Server (Sybase SQL 11) , OS (NT4 Server) and PB5004. Internet users can view WebPages by standard browsers. The user will enter data into a form on the WebPages. The data or SQL statement are submitted to a dbase server for calculation. The result set and computed values are returned to WebPages and viewed by user's browsers. I thank that Web.pb may be answer for this project. However Web.sql also can do this kind job. I want to know "What are the difference between t...

Requirements for web server when using web.pb???
We are looking at using web.pb for a project. I know that the distributed app will need to be on a NT or 95 machine but does it matter what kind of box the the web server is on. Can the pbcgi050.exe be on a web server that is on something other than windows 95 or NT? Thanks in Advance, Jason Hmm, that's a good question....my guess is that IIS, Website etc would only run on NT/95 platforms. What platforms were you thinking of? On Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:13:00 -0500, "Jason McBride" <jmcbride@teubner.com> wrote: >We are looking at using web.pb for a project...

Configure Oracle Web server for web.pb
I am trying to configure a Oracle Web server running on a UNIX box for wb.pb. Does anybody have experience doing this. Will the pbcgi050.exe work on a UNIX box. Thanks, John On Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:33:34 -0400, John Shakour <jshakour@cablevision.com> wrote: >I am trying to configure a Oracle Web server running on a UNIX box for >wb.pb. Does anybody have experience doing this. Will the pbcgi050.exe >work on a UNIX box. I have not done this but my understanding has been you need to have PB for UNIX in order to get the PBCGI050.EXE piece to work on a UNIX server. My...

PB Web Application and Web Server Setup
Is there anywhere I can get information on hardware/software logistics of putting a Web PB app on the internet? Being new to the distributed pb and web pb development, we are trying to get our feet wet, working with Cervenka's book. We will probably start with an intranet app, which may include remote clients using Novell's Netware Connect (over phone lines). Right now, most of our questions deal with the hardware/software setup of the server pieces and I understand there are many different possibilities. Eventually, we want to put an app out on the net. Traffic will be li...

Web.pb & Novell Web Server
Hi all! Our company is just starting to dabble into web applications. We've recently (yesterday) installed Novell Web Server 3.1. Now (as proof of concept) I'm trying to migrate the Internet Developer Toolkit tutorial from WebSite (on my local NT4.0) to the Novell. Dose anyone have a nice step-by-step "How to" for this. (i.e., Which ..CFG files need what changes? Which subdirectories does pbcgi050.exe need to go? etc.) Thanks... D. Fletcher ...

Dynamo Personal Web-server and Web.PB
Does anyone know if we can use the Personal Web-server which comes with PowerDynamo as a web-server for Web.PB? If yes, to which directory should I copy the Web.PB program files? TIA. Flavio Uemura You can't do it. It does not support CGI, ISAPI, NSAPI, etc. It hooks into the PD dll directly. Carson ________________________________________________ Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com CPD Professional Microsoft Certified Professional ...

Microsoft Personal Web Server for Web.PB
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E30EB5010316480D3D2170DB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit For running Web.PB a web server is required. Having a web server on windows'95 is now possible with Microsoft Personal Web Server. But installation and uninstallation are bit dirty. To download it try with some ftp tool like gozilla or cuteftp and download from some alternate site other than microsoft.com if you are not having dedicated connection to save time. I tried it and it is working fine. To uninstall PWS you ha...

Is web.pb right for my app, nested datawindows and web.pb, display flexibility
1.) The web.pb application that I am putting together requires the following: - Validate User against database based on passed ID and password - Display a selection list of accounts (from database) - Based on user selected accounts, generate 2 SQL reports from database (both reports are nested datawindows and utilize SQL Server 6.5 Stored Procedures) Is the Web.pb solution suited for this? If not, what else should I consider? 2.) Saving the rows of a nested datawindow as an HTML table appears to save the data in the primary datawindow EXCLUDING the data in nested datawindows. ...

PB 10 web services on a Java app/web server
Can someone tell me if functions or user objects made in PB 10 can be deployed (as a war file, for instance) to a java app server (such as Tomcat) as web services i saw a line on the pb 10 sales doc saying pb 10 supports j22ee app servers through wizards that genearte proxies for enterprise java beans... does that mean a yes? With PBridge from Sunlly (www.sunlly.com) you could do this. You can do it natively with PB if you are using EAServer. On 22 Sep 2004 11:40:46 -0700, Luciano B wrote: >Can someone tell me if functions or user objects made in PB >10 can be deployed (as a war file, for instance) to a java >app server (such as Tomcat) as web services > >i saw a line on the pb 10 sales doc saying pb 10 supports >j22ee app servers through wizards that genearte proxies for >enterprise java beans... does that mean a yes? ...

Web.PB Running on a Hosted Web
We have developed a Web.PB application which is to run on a hosted web running IIS on NT 4.0 (we don't have access to the server). We cannot get beyond the error: Could not find definition for Server Alias 'webapp'. The webmaster swears the pbweb.ini file is placed in the c:\winnt directory, and location= has been set to his server's IP address. The application works here (developed on NT Workstation running Peer Web Services). One difference is that the web host has multiple virtual servers, (so that each of his hosted locations has its own IP address and dom...

WEB PB as a WEB development tool.
Hi all, I received the following news from my boss and was asked what I am thinking as far as using PowerBuilder as our WEB developement tool. Since you all are so involved with the PB Web development, what do you all think as far as where PB will go with its WEB dev. effort or even as a leader in client/server tool? The once-golden PowerBuilder business stalled out (along with much of the client/server market sector), weak attempts to move PowerBuilder to the Web received a cool response. This month, Sybase brings its latest (and probably last) attempt to move PB to the Web m...

WEB hosting of WEB.PB application
We want to find a ISP who will host our WEB.PB application with server program and database. If anybody has some experience or could help us find a proper ISP please contact us. e-mail spavle@hotmail.com Sincerly Pavle Spoljaric Zagreb, Croatia You might check with Dean Jones of PowerTeam (www.powerobjects.com). In addition to being a PB consultant, member of TeamPS, yadda, yadda, yadda, he is also an ISP. I know he's talked about installing Jaguar on one of his servers and offering Jaguar as a service to his customers. Given his rabid support of Distributed PB (h...

PB 11.5.1 (4011)
Hello Everyone, I am getting a strange error when calling a C# Web Service in PB 11.5.1 (4011). System.OutOfMemoryException When my application starts, I do the following: application global variable n_uploaded_files gnv_uploaded_files open event of application gnv_uploaded_files = CREATE n_uploaded_files n_uploaded_files instance variable s2010_upload_web_service iproxy_webservice SoapConnection iSOAP_connection constructor event of n_uploaded_files isoap_connection = CREATE SoapConnection of_instantiateservice(iproxy_webservice, "s201...

Web.pb and pb.7
Hello, After installation of PB7 (EAS3), I cannot find web.pb class and library except the tutor_pb.pbl file and some dll's at "Internet Tools" directory. I remember that pb6 includes internet.pbl and webpb.pbl for development. Is it need to download from sybase to create web.pb application? Please any suggestions. Best Regards, Frankie ...

Web.PB Wizard says No Web Enabled Functions
Many of my functions which are working Web.PB/DPB functions cannot be processed by the Web.PB Wizard. It either only shows a subset of them or returns a message saying the PBL does not contain any web enabled functions when in fact it does. This appeared to still be the case in an early Beta of 6.0. Is this known bug or I'm doing something to confuse the Wizard? Other's have seen this but no one has offered a solution. Any ideas would be appreciated. Don Draper CCS Consulting, Inc. ddraper@consultccs.com Don Draper wrote: > > Many of my functions which ...

PB Web Migration & Web DataWindow Control
Through review of Sybase white papers and attending the last PowerBuilder developers conference the recommended route for migrating a client server PB application to be web based (without rewriting or using WDK) is to make use of the Web Data Window Control in conjunction with PowerDynamo and Jaguar. We are considering migrating our application using these tools. The application of which I speak is comprised of some 1000 data windows accessing some 200 tables. Based on my reading and discussion with Sybase staff at the conference, I am told that the trick to making this work...

PB Web Migration & Web DataWindow Control
Through review of Sybase white papers and attending the last PowerBuilder developers conference the recommended route for migrating a client server PB application to be web based (without rewriting or using WDK) is to make use of the Web Data Window Control in conjunction with PowerDynamo and Jaguar. We are considering migrating our application using these tools. The application of which I speak is comprised of some 1000 data windows accessing some 200 tables. Based on my reading and discussion with Sybase staff at the conference, I am told that the trick to making this work...

Web.PB with PB 6.5
Hello, We have purchased PB 6.0 Enterprise Edition. Then we upgraded to 6.5 by using the maintenance kit available on the Sybase site. Is Web.pb part of this, or has to be purchased/downloaded separately? Thanks, Amrick Singh In article <jc##fBE$#GA.335@forums.sybase.com>, kunj@giaspn01.vsnl.net.in says... > Is Web.pb part of this, or has to be purchased/downloaded separately? > The Web.PB wizard appears as a new system level toolbar button. It is integrated into the IDE. KLook for the spiderweb toolbar icon -- Andy Turiansky TeamSybase http://w...

Web resources about - Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web Server software - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb

File:An example of theoretical DNS recursion.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A DNS resolver iteratively queries a root nameserver, org. nameserver, and wikipedia.org. nameserver in its quest to resolve the IP address associated ...

7 Examples Of Legal Facebook Cover Photos
... to do this experiment.) We thought it’d also be helpful to highlight what other social media experts and brands are doing. Here are a few examples ...

Taking a Deeper Look at Application Traffic Over the Last 30 Days: 6 Examples
Although there has been a lot of speculation in the last few weeks, the long term impacts of the profile redesign on the Facebook platform have ...

example (@example) on Twitter

silk and spinach - development, by example
development, by example (by Kevin Rutherford)

What are some good examples of landing pages for physical products?
There are some updates to this page that haven't been applied yet because you've entered some data into a form. You can refresh this page to ...

Words With Friends example
scripting.com/stories/2011/01/10/wordsWithFriends.html

Raw vs JPEG: Real-world photography examples, advantages and disadvantages - YouTube
For more, like http://fb.com/NorthrupPhotography and SUBSCRIBE! Buy my #1 book with 6 HOURS of video: http://amzn.to/1dCRJWA Worldwide use 10% ...

Sheikh Saif: Tackling of Dubai hotel fire an example of UAE’s ‘integrated doctrine’
Sheikh Saif told the summit on Monday that the fire at The Address Downtown Dubai hotel on New Year’s Eve was a good example of that doctrine, ...

Man jailed for one-punch 'made an example of'
A man convicted of a one-punch attack on a Sydney bouncer has been sentenced to almost five years in prison