web.pb and Powerbuilder 6.0 beta 4

I just recieved my beta 4 cd in the mail and I have been trying to get
my 5.0 web app to work.  I am testing on IIS 3.0 with the pbisa60.dll on
the web server and the powerbuilder distributed app running on my
machine.  The first page checks with the INI file to determine if
password protection is turned on.  If so, it asks the user to login and
then recalls the first page again.  If not, it just shows the first
page.

Problem: If the login page is served up, then when I submit the userid
and password, it comes back with the following error: Netscape
Document contains no data.
This would make me think that some value in my main page is returning a
NULL and it's nulling the whole return string.  But, if I turn off
password protection, then it serves up the main page fine.  Then I try
to go on to the next page and it gives me a 'Document contains no
data.'  Every time this happens, I have to shutdown and restart the IIS
server.  If I don't, then if I try to reload the main page I get the
'Document contains no data.' error again.

Does anyone have any ideas on whats happening here?

Thanks,
Kris

0
Kris
9/18/1997 3:53:09 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Thu, 18 Sep 1997 11:53:09 -0400, Kris Henneman
<Kristopher_S_Henneman@nslc.fmso.navy.mil> wrote:

>Does anyone have any ideas on whats happening here?
Kris,
Please post any questions regarding the beta in the beta section of
the news group. You should have a user id and password from your beta
agreement.
I believe there has already been some discussion on this issue there.

0
JCredit

PB 6.0 DeskTop and Web.PB
Hi, I am just getting started on Internet development using PB 6.0. I am using PB 6.0 DeskTop and PowerJ 2.5, PowerDynamo and PowerSite. I do not see the Web.PB icon on the Powerbar in PB 6.0 desktop. ( I have used PB6.5 EnterPrise at work and I remember seeing Web.PB icon ) I have made sure that internet components are installed bu choosing the Custom installation. I contacted sybase support and they told me to verify the Product Matrix. No where it is specifically mentioned that a Enterprise edition is required for Web development. Could somebody tell me how I can use P...

PB 6.0 for PC and Web.PB
I am puzzled. We have PB 6.0 for NT, our Internet server is Netscape on Unix/Solaris. In a book it says that you should install Web.pb file pbcgi60.script in one of the directories in UNIX, but there is no file like this. Does it mean I have to have WEB.PB for UNIX, or PowerBuilder for UNIX? Please help. On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 16:03:31 -0800, Leonid Blyukher <leonid@babcockbrown.com> wrote: You need to install the Internet developers toolkit in order to get this file. It can be found in the C:\Program Files\Powersoft\PB6\IT\BIN folder. OTOH, I was not aware you could use th...

PB 4.0.03 & PB 6.0.0 issues
I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS READING PB PRODUCTS: 1. WE HAVE USED PB 4.0.03 ENTERPRISE FOR YEARS NOW, ARE THERE PATCHES FOR Y2K CONCERNS THAT WE CAN DOWNLOAD? 2. WE HAVE ALSO PB 6.0.0 PROFESSIONAL, AND ENCOUNTERED SOME ODBC 4.0 GLITCHES RELATING TO MS-ACCESS 97 ("... Program type out of range ..."), ARE THERE PATCHES ALSO FOR THESE CONCERNS AND Y2K ISSUES. I read a response pointing where to find the different patches. I did not see though any patches specific to PB 4.0.03 and PB 6.0.0. I would great...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software).Thanks. Try: http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001660 On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:44:58 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Rich Walz <rich@cse-armerica.com> wrote: >The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware >components...avail...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web Server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software). Thanks. ...

Powerbuilder Upgrade Issues (PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1)
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

Is it possible to use Web.Pb with PowerBuilder 7.0 Desktop?
Thank you. While it doesn't address Web.PB specifically, the datasheet: http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/pb7ds.pdf indicates that the HTMLDW isn't supported in the non-Enterprise version. That would make web development somewhat more difficult. On Mon, 7 Feb 2000 17:40:25 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Josep Closas Compte <josep.closas@netprocess.com> wrote: >Thank you. > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | KFORCE.com mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | http://www.kforce.com Preach the gospel at all ...

Web.PB with PB 6.5
Hello, We have purchased PB 6.0 Enterprise Edition. Then we upgraded to 6.5 by using the maintenance kit available on the Sybase site. Is Web.pb part of this, or has to be purchased/downloaded separately? Thanks, Amrick Singh In article <jc##fBE$#GA.335@forums.sybase.com>, kunj@giaspn01.vsnl.net.in says... > Is Web.pb part of this, or has to be purchased/downloaded separately? > The Web.PB wizard appears as a new system level toolbar button. It is integrated into the IDE. KLook for the spiderweb toolbar icon -- Andy Turiansky TeamSybase http://w...

web.Pb and PB 7.0
--------------1D85A18742F7DF1C9285F8D4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I migrated PB 6.5 and Web.Pb application to PB 7.0.I found some features are missing . I am using GenerateHTMLForm method and when visible property of datawindow column is set to 0 ,the HTML code INPUT TYPE = HIDDEN with value is not generated dynamically which is working fine with PB6.5 Are there any other enhancements with GenerateHTMLForm method. Thank you Murali Gopisetti --------------1D85A18742F7DF1C9285F8D4 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Co...

PFC and migration from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0
I am presently migrating an application from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0. This application was originally developed in PB 3.0 by another consulting firm. As you may expect they used their own framework to create this application. I have heard good things about the PFC. From I understand this is the new preferred way to develop apps. I have only heard about the PFC, and have not coded in it. I am not that far in the present migration and I have several months to finish this migration as well as make any desired coding changes. Is it worth it to intregrate the PFC into this migration? Can...

pfc and migration from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0
I am presently migrating an application from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0. This application was originally developed in PB 3.0 by another consulting firm. As you may expect they used their own framework to create this application. I have heard good things about the PFC. From I understand this is the new preferred way to develop apps. I have only heard about the PFC, and have not coded in it. I am not that far in the present migration and I have several months to finish this migration as well as make any desired coding changes. Is it worth it to intregrate the PFC into this migration? Can...

Web resources about - web.pb and Powerbuilder 6.0 beta 4 - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles