Powerbuilder to Java

Will the component factory enable me to migrate my Powerbuilder
Application to real Java Code ?
Will this work for nonvisual and for visual objects ?  I need to migrate
my Powerbuilder Application to Java because
it should work on IBM NCs without Winframe.

Please help me. Thanks a lot !!!!

0
Erwin
3/6/1998 5:29:34 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Erwin Selg wrote:

> Will the component factory enable me to migrate my Powerbuilder
> Application to real Java Code ?
> Will this work for nonvisual and for visual objects ?  I need to migrate
> my Powerbuilder Application to Java because
> it should work on IBM NCs without Winframe.
>
> Please help me. Thanks a lot !!!!

The Java Bean Proxy generator that will be released with 6.0.01 is a "Proxy"
generator. So this does not migrate the PowerBuilder application to Java
code. What the Java Bean generator will do is, generate Java stubs. Using
this stubs, you can write Java client code that can call methods on a DPB
Server. This is only non-visual stuff.

You may see much more Java offerings in the next release.

Ajit Sabnis      ***  Architecture for the New Enterprise  ***
Sybase Inc.               ***  PowerBuilder 6.0  ***

Ajit

PowerBuilder Web PB and JAWS
I hope someone can help me with this. I am trying to do a sample JAWS application. I downloaded a document working with jaws I went threw all the steps of adding Jaws70.jar files then installed servlet it told me to do. did the installed pakages on JagWebPB. All this work fine but when I typed in the url http://localhost:8080/servlet/Jaws I get a 404 page cannot be found. If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. Thanks (EAServer Newbie) Do you have a listener configured for port 8080 on localhost? Can you see the Jaguar doc when you go to just http://loc...

Any resource on PowerBuilder webcast / training for new PowerBuilder developer (PB 8 or ...)
Hi, I wonder if you guys know any links to help a new PowerBuilder developer? I have a friend who is indeed needs to get a hands on DataWindow to maintain several existing reports in PB 8 or 9. She has a .NET background but not PowerBuilder. Please let me know. Thanks. -- Eddy Soeparmin The "Getting Started" documentation/tutorial should help... http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.dc37772_1150/html/pbgs/title.htm ....there's also analogous documentation going back to v10.0... http://sybooks.sybase.com/nav/detail.do?docset=430 ......

java powerbuilder to java functions
We are currently on PowerBuilder 8.0, backend Sybase, and are looking into web development using pure Java, no EAS. Are there any class libraries out there that have been written for java/powerbuilder, for instance the equivelent of Rowcount() or Find, or other datawindow functions, but now instead of using datawindows we will be using arrays. I hate to reinvent the wheel and it seems like somebody must have done this already. Larry Horowitz Larry, I'm lost. No EAS, no DataWindows. Where does PowerBuilder fit into the solution here? -- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSy...

web.pb and Powerbuilder 6.0 beta 4
I just recieved my beta 4 cd in the mail and I have been trying to get my 5.0 web app to work. I am testing on IIS 3.0 with the pbisa60.dll on the web server and the powerbuilder distributed app running on my machine. The first page checks with the INI file to determine if password protection is turned on. If so, it asks the user to login and then recalls the first page again. If not, it just shows the first page. Problem: If the login page is served up, then when I submit the userid and password, it comes back with the following error: Netscape Document contains no data. This ...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder Web
Ok... hoping someone can shed some insight in what their take on this might be: We currently have a PowerBuilder application which is client driven with an Oracle back end (2 tier). Our company wants to move all applications to intranet based (including ours). They currently use Websphere for development. So, given that situation - what would be the best way to proceed? I was thinking, Powerbuilder has a robust gui interface (i.e. datawindows etc.) that, in my opinion, far surpass other development tools. Given this, I thought that maybe, with the release of PowerBuilde...

The Web and Powerbuilder
Ok, I know this question may have been asked a thousand times but I hope to get some help from all of you who either have done this or perhaps from Sybase. We have PB 6.0 Application built 2-tier of course with an Oracle 7.3 backend. It has over two hundred concurrent users with a possible 1000 users. This is a parts and bill of materials tracking application for engineers. They would like to make this a web (intranet) application. It has to follow a company development standards policy that says it should be platform independent and CORBA compliant. They do not wish to do dcom or co...

Is it possible to use Web.Pb with PowerBuilder 7.0 Desktop?
Thank you. While it doesn't address Web.PB specifically, the datasheet: http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/pb7ds.pdf indicates that the HTMLDW isn't supported in the non-Enterprise version. That would make web development somewhat more difficult. On Mon, 7 Feb 2000 17:40:25 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Josep Closas Compte <josep.closas@netprocess.com> wrote: >Thank you. > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | KFORCE.com mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | http://www.kforce.com Preach the gospel at all ...

Powerbuilder to the web?
Hi, Is it possible to create a web application just using the new "web enabled" facilities in Powerbuilder 7? If so is it very difficult or are other Sybase products such as Powersite needed to accomplish this? Thanks Jason ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp It is possible to create web apps with the web-enabled features of PB, and no, PowerSite is not required. What is required is a dynamic page server (like PowerDynamo or ASP) and a component transaction server (like Jaguar). To get a real-world, sca...

PB from Java? or Java from PB?
Hi PB Experts, It's been many a year since I dabbled with PB, and now I am working for a Java component vendor. We have a prospect that is using PB (and VB) and doesn't know anything about Java. I have some vague ideas about how the two can talk to each other, but am interested in what your experience might be in this regard. Thanks in advance for any advice/perspective. - Jordan. Jordan Olin Sr. Technical Account Manager ILOG, Inc. jolin@ilog.com (781) 365-4003 At this point, you're gold if the Java component is residing on EAServer. There have been ...

powerbuilder with web
Hello to all: I would like to ask you about the powerbuilder with the web.. I have a Powerbuilder application and i would like to convert that application using powerbuilder with the web... Can you tell me how i have to start with that and what is the first steps for that. Also my application was developed using pb 6.5 i have to convert on 7 or 8 will be better? Thank you, Olga. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp There are frameworks and resources listed in my previous newsgroup reply: http://webforums.s...

powerbuilder 12 vs Appeon : differences to convert PB application to the web
Hello, I've an application in PB10.5 and i would like to "convert" to the web. what are the differences beetwen Appeon an powerbuilder 12 with migration .net . Thanks for all informations you have. ED The PB.NET IDE does not have any web targets. If you migrate to PB12, you'd be looking at PB12 Classic and a WebForm target. (PB 12 Classic and PB.NET are bundled together.) Webforms have their issues. They're IE-only and have a reputation of an excessive amount of callbacks to the server. I know very little about Appeon, but there are those that ...

Web.PB
Hi - I am trying to get the tutorial application running - I have installed and tested WebSite, made the necessary entries to HOSTS and SERVICES files, and PBWEB.INI files, and made the tutorial entries and .htm files. PBCGI050.exe is in the WebSite cgi-shl directory. Yet, I continue to get this message which is generated from the pbweb.ini file. Any clues as to what is going on? Need further info, let me know. Thanks! -- Fred J. Leskowitz <fred@micropat.com> Voice: +1.203.466.5055 Oracle Database Programmer, MicroPatent Fax: +1.203.466.5054 http:/...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder to Java - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles