PowerBuilder 7.0 or EA Studio 3.0?

What other pieces of EA Studio, particularly EA Server, will do for
creation of Web-based application that I cannot do with PB 7.0 alone (I am
a PowerBuilder programmer)?

Thanks,
Anatoly

0
Anatoly
5/28/1999 1:11:38 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can create web based applications with PB7 alone using distributed PB
and web.pb.  EAServer adds on a number of features, like load balancing,
transaction pooling etc. so you don't have to manage them yourself.  PowerSite
gives you a WYSIWYG environment for developing around the HTMLDW.

On Fri, 28 May 1999 09:11:38 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb
Anatoly Reznik <anatoly.reznik@covance.com> wrote:
>What other pieces of EA Studio, particularly EA Server, will do for
>creation of Web-based application that I cannot do with PB 7.0 alone (I am
>a PowerBuilder programmer)?
>
>Thanks,
>Anatoly

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]            | Romac/Source International
mailto:bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm

Bruce
5/28/1999 4:37:45 PM
You will also get PowerDynamo that is a very scalable dynamic page server to
integrate with your web server.

Carson

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
http://www.dyn-data.com

Anatoly Reznik wrote in message <01bea90b$d4b1a960$080f0101@areznik>...
>What other pieces of EA Studio, particularly EA Server, will do for
>creation of Web-based application that I cannot do with PB 7.0 alone (I am
>a PowerBuilder programmer)?
>
>Thanks,
>Anatoly

0
Carson

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

EAS 3.0.1 (PowerBuilder 7.0.1 MR)
Anyone notice... the official maintenance release to PowerBuilder 7.0 (and EAS) is now available... Thanks Sybase for keeping your deadlines. Check http://support.sybase.com Just a little caveat... read the readme and install instructions first. AM I can find the site for PB 7.0.1, but not for EAS 3.0.1. The PB7 page says: *** WARNING *** PowerBuilder 7.0 Enterprise customers should install EAStudio 3.0.1 Maintenance for updates to Jaguar, PowerDynamo, Adaptive Server Anywhere, PowerSite and AppModeler due to integrated product dependencies. and mentions a maintenanc...

#EBF1 -EAServer 3.6.1 C1/PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Release 7.0.3 02 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch
why is the #EBF1 not placed right - It is placed Under Powerbuilder EBFs/Downloads. Platform: Windows EAServer 3.6.1 C1/PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Release 7.0.3 02 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Localized Files 7.0.3 16 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch Sybase PowerBuilder and Sybase PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.3 C5 7.0.3 09 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.3 Maintenance Release 7.0.3 08 Dec 2000 EBF/Patch Sybase PowerBuilder Enterprise - PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.2 C4 Release 7.0.2 22 Nov 2000 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder DeskTop 7.0.2 (EBF) C3 Rele...

EA Server 3.0 Powerbuilder 7.0 Ingres 6.4 Open Link 1.55
I have an EA Server 3.0 component built with Powerbuilder 7.0 using Open Link 1.55 to access an Ingres VAX database. The component launches fine the first time, but if I launch a second instance it locks up. Using SQL Net and Oracle 7.3.4, my component works fine ... multithreaded. Any ideas? Thanks, Paula Could it be an issue with the connection caching? What if you choose to FORCE the connection istead of WAIT. Does it make a difference? Do any errors show up in the servee log? Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division Paula Bosch wrote: > I have an EA S...

PB 7.0.3 C5 Localized files on PB 7.0.3 Desktop
Hi, I found a file in my.sybase.com that says: "PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Localized Files" Release Date: 16 Feb 2001 I have PB 7.0.3 Desktop, can I use this files? And what is C5? Is a Build code only for the Enterprise version of PB? Many Thanks Oliver Please help :-) Oliver Schulze L. wrote: > Hi, > I found a file in my.sybase.com that says: > "PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Localized Files" Release Date: 16 Feb 2001 > > I have PB 7.0.3 Desktop, can I use this files? > > And what is C5? Is a Build code only for the Enterprise ...

Error ORA-01460 in PowerBuilder 7.0.2/7.0.3
Hello, I have several applications developed in PowerBuilder 7.0.2 and database Oracle 8.1.6. Now, we upgrade Oracle 8.1.6 to Oracle 8.1.7 and in some application I will appear the error "ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested" when recovering the information of the database. I have upgraded PowerBuilder 7.0.2 to PowerBuilder 7.0.3 (Build 10213) and the problem persists. Any help that you can give me will be welcome Thank you Oscar Can you run the database application in trace mode and ...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

PB 7.0, EA 3.0 Passing reference
How does it work to pass a reference of a component from the server to the client. I have the following szenario: 1. The client application connects to the server and creates a first component 2. The client calls then a function of the first component. This function creates now another component and should return a reference to the new component back to the client. How do I pass back the reference of the second component? Which type of parameter do I need? TIA Rolf You need to pass back a proxy reference. Keep in mind that a proxy that is a stateless compon...

Updating BLOB in ORACLE 7.3 from Powerbuilder 7.0.3
Hi, Problem: While updating BLOB data in ORACLE 7.3 from Powerbuilder 7.0.3, UPDATEBLOB gives error "ORA-01653: Unable to extend table <table name> by 130 in tablespace <tablespace name>" However same code works successfully with Powerbuilder 6.0. Does anybody have any information/solution for the same? It is urgent. Thanks This sounds like a database problem not a PowerBuilder Problem. To quote Oracle: ORA-01653: unable to extend table name.name by num in tablespace name Cause: Failed to allocate extent for table segment in tablespace. Action:...

PB 7.0 EAS 3.0 Component Achitecture Question
Is it possible to create a component with the charcteristic like the OLE objects have? What characterstic would that be? Carson ________________________________________________ Carson Hager Team Sybase Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training http://www.dyn-data.com Rolf Vollenweider wrote in message ... >Is it possible to create a component with the charcteristic like the OLE >objects have? > > > Sorry, my message was not finished. Here the whole question: Is it possible to create a compon...

Problem with Powerbuilder 7.0.3 & EAServer 4.0
Hi Everybody: I have an aplication based on Dynamo-Jaguar with PB components. It's working fine with Powerbuilder 7.0 and EAS 3.6.1, but when I try the 4.0 version of EAS I got problems: " In my dynamo pages there is a java.CreateComponent and it simply fails " ( I'm compiling my stubs/skeletons from the Jaguar Manager. When I try to compile them from DOS, i get a lot of messages telling me that it couldn't find some objets ) Any help? My case is very critic since i'm installing my application with the client. Thanks in advance VICTOR CH...

UPDATEBLOB in Powerbuilder 7.0.3/ Oracle 8.0.4
I have problems with perfoming ROLLBACK after call to UPDATEBLOB from PowerBuilder 7.0.3 with Orcale 8.0.4. The blob- object in the database is of type BLOB. Autocommit is turned off for the SQLCA-object. When UPDATEBLOB is executed, the ROLLBACK will have no effect, even if ROLLBACK is called at once after call to UPDATEBLOB: UPDATEBLOB blob_table SET blob_field = :iblob_new_blob WHERE blob_nr = :ll_blob_nr USING SQLCA; ROLLBACK USING SQLCA; In other discussions here on Sybase Support, I have read that UPDATEBLOB does not perform COMMIT. If this is true, why does not ROL...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 7.0 or EA Studio 3.0? - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles