Platforms

Is web.pb for Netscape servers available for other platforms than NT. We
have a customer who is running his web server on AIX, and would like to
integrate it with PB. We have done it on NT, but I havent found anything
on other platforms.

Geir Seim
Allianse informasjonssystemer A/S

0
Geir
3/26/1998 10:12:54 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Web.PB is supported on HP/UX 10.x, IBM AI/X 4.15 and Solaris 2.5.x with
PB 6.0 and Solaris was also supported on PB 5.0.3.  This will require a
copy of PB for Unix.

0
The

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web Server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software). Thanks. ...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software).Thanks. Try: http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001660 On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:44:58 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Rich Walz <rich@cse-armerica.com> wrote: >The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware >components...avail...

PowerBuilder Web PB and JAWS
I hope someone can help me with this. I am trying to do a sample JAWS application. I downloaded a document working with jaws I went threw all the steps of adding Jaws70.jar files then installed servlet it told me to do. did the installed pakages on JagWebPB. All this work fine but when I typed in the url http://localhost:8080/servlet/Jaws I get a 404 page cannot be found. If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. Thanks (EAServer Newbie) Do you have a listener configured for port 8080 on localhost? Can you see the Jaguar doc when you go to just http://loc...

Migrating powerbuilder code to a web platform
Are there any tools that can convert a Powerbuilder 6.5 application into a webapp? Preferably J2EE, but .Net is okay also. Our company is primarily j2ee and .Net developers, so our purpose is only a one-off conversion of source code and further development will be in the converted language. I've been looking at the Appeon website, but this program looks more like a tool to help PB devs deploy PB applications to an application server, but I don't know whether the code generated by Appeon will work for our purposes. Or can anyone refer me to other alternatives? Thanks :) ...

Is web.pb right for my app, nested datawindows and web.pb, display flexibility
1.) The web.pb application that I am putting together requires the following: - Validate User against database based on passed ID and password - Display a selection list of accounts (from database) - Based on user selected accounts, generate 2 SQL reports from database (both reports are nested datawindows and utilize SQL Server 6.5 Stored Procedures) Is the Web.pb solution suited for this? If not, what else should I consider? 2.) Saving the rows of a nested datawindow as an HTML table appears to save the data in the primary datawindow EXCLUDING the data in nested datawindows. ...

web web web

WEB.PB OR WEB.SQL ?
Hello, I will begin a web-based development project. The project consists of a web-server(IIS4), Dbase-Server (Sybase SQL 11) , OS (NT4 Server) and PB5004. Internet users can view WebPages by standard browsers. The user will enter data into a form on the WebPages. The data or SQL statement are submitted to a dbase server for calculation. The result set and computed values are returned to WebPages and viewed by user's browsers. I thank that Web.pb may be answer for this project. However Web.sql also can do this kind job. I want to know "What are the difference between t...

WEB.SQL or WEB.PB
Hello, I will begin a web-based development project. The project consists of a web-server(IIS4), Dbase-Server (Sybase SQL 11) , OS (NT4 Server) and PB5004. Internet users can view WebPages by standard browsers. The user will enter data into a form on the WebPages. The data or SQL statement are submitted to a dbase server for calculation. The result set and computed values are returned to WebPages and viewed by user's browsers. I thank that Web.pb may be answer for this project. However Web.sql also can do this kind job. I want to know "What are the difference between t...

Web.pb and pb.7
Hello, After installation of PB7 (EAS3), I cannot find web.pb class and library except the tutor_pb.pbl file and some dll's at "Internet Tools" directory. I remember that pb6 includes internet.pbl and webpb.pbl for development. Is it need to download from sybase to create web.pb application? Please any suggestions. Best Regards, Frankie ...

web.pb and Powerbuilder 6.0 beta 4
I just recieved my beta 4 cd in the mail and I have been trying to get my 5.0 web app to work. I am testing on IIS 3.0 with the pbisa60.dll on the web server and the powerbuilder distributed app running on my machine. The first page checks with the INI file to determine if password protection is turned on. If so, it asks the user to login and then recalls the first page again. If not, it just shows the first page. Problem: If the login page is served up, then when I submit the userid and password, it comes back with the following error: Netscape Document contains no data. This ...

Is it possible to use Web.Pb with PowerBuilder 7.0 Desktop?
Thank you. While it doesn't address Web.PB specifically, the datasheet: http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/pb7ds.pdf indicates that the HTMLDW isn't supported in the non-Enterprise version. That would make web development somewhat more difficult. On Mon, 7 Feb 2000 17:40:25 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Josep Closas Compte <josep.closas@netprocess.com> wrote: >Thank you. > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | KFORCE.com mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | http://www.kforce.com Preach the gospel at all ...

PB 11.5.1 (4011)
Hello Everyone, I am getting a strange error when calling a C# Web Service in PB 11.5.1 (4011). System.OutOfMemoryException When my application starts, I do the following: application global variable n_uploaded_files gnv_uploaded_files open event of application gnv_uploaded_files = CREATE n_uploaded_files n_uploaded_files instance variable s2010_upload_web_service iproxy_webservice SoapConnection iSOAP_connection constructor event of n_uploaded_files isoap_connection = CREATE SoapConnection of_instantiateservice(iproxy_webservice, "s201...

powerbuilder 12 vs Appeon : differences to convert PB application to the web
Hello, I've an application in PB10.5 and i would like to "convert" to the web. what are the differences beetwen Appeon an powerbuilder 12 with migration .net . Thanks for all informations you have. ED The PB.NET IDE does not have any web targets. If you migrate to PB12, you'd be looking at PB12 Classic and a WebForm target. (PB 12 Classic and PB.NET are bundled together.) Webforms have their issues. They're IE-only and have a reputation of an excessive amount of callbacks to the server. I know very little about Appeon, but there are those that ...

Web.PB
Hi - I am trying to get the tutorial application running - I have installed and tested WebSite, made the necessary entries to HOSTS and SERVICES files, and PBWEB.INI files, and made the tutorial entries and .htm files. PBCGI050.exe is in the WebSite cgi-shl directory. Yet, I continue to get this message which is generated from the pbweb.ini file. Any clues as to what is going on? Need further info, let me know. Thanks! -- Fred J. Leskowitz <fred@micropat.com> Voice: +1.203.466.5055 Oracle Database Programmer, MicroPatent Fax: +1.203.466.5054 http:/...

SMI 40 and 209 ERRORS using WEB.PB and Distributed Powerbuilder
I am having problems with my web.pb and distributed application when connecting to Oracle 7.3 when more than a few users are accessing the server at the same time. I am getting SMI 40 and SMI 209 errors intermittently, which usually points to threadsafe driver errors. I have no problem running against SQLAnywhere. I have followed all the reccommendations from sybase: USE oracle 7.3 add threadsafe='yes' in my dbparm upgraded to PB 5.04 I have also upgraded to PB 6.5 and I am still getting the SMI errors. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Mitch Sheinm...

Web resources about - Platforms - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb

Platform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LG is getting ready to launch its own mobile payment platform to rival Samsung Pay
LG has announced that it is launching its own mobile payment service to take on Samsung Pay and Android Pay. The manufacturer has inked deals ...

Ticket to Ride goes 2.0, adds cross-platform gaming and more
... device. However, that’s not all. Because alongside this feature, Days of Wonder has also added support for what it calls “true cross-platform” ...

Facebook: Investment in Platform Key as All Advertising Goes Digital, Says Monness Crespi
... ( GOOGL ) and Facebook ( FB ), draws several conclusions, including one chief one, that companies such as Facebook that invest in their platform ...

In new ads, Bernie Sanders focuses on platform, not biography - CNNPolitics.com
Bernie Sanders' campaign released a series of new ads on Friday that focus more on his platform as a candidate than his background.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth coming to PS4, but other platforms unlikely
Afterbirth , the expansion to The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth , was released last month for PC users. Owners of Rebirth on other platforms have ...

Google, CloudEndure Offer Free Data Migration to Cloud Platform
... are offering free data migration services to any business interested in transferring data from five or more servers to Google's Cloud Platform. ...

Volt Athletics raises another $1M to continue growing online fitness training platform
Volt Athletics is raising more money to fuel growth of its online fitness training platform. The Seattle-based startup has reeled in another ...

‘Breaker’ mixes content discovery with a messaging platform
... of wine every time they want to discuss something in the news. Instead, it blends content discovery features with a dedicated message platform. ...

Manslaughter Charges Filed in Deadly 2012 Platform Blast
Federal manslaughter charges filed in deadly 2012 explosion on Gulf of Mexico oil platform