JAVA PowerBuilder future

Hi:
For Pb 6.0 users
How is java been utilized by the new version and do you think a good
knowledge in Java will be helpful

Thank you

0
mohammed
1/19/1998 8:33:25 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

PowerBuilder Web PB and JAWS
I hope someone can help me with this. I am trying to do a sample JAWS application. I downloaded a document working with jaws I went threw all the steps of adding Jaws70.jar files then installed servlet it told me to do. did the installed pakages on JagWebPB. All this work fine but when I typed in the url http://localhost:8080/servlet/Jaws I get a 404 page cannot be found. If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. Thanks (EAServer Newbie) Do you have a listener configured for port 8080 on localhost? Can you see the Jaguar doc when you go to just http://loc...

Any resource on PowerBuilder webcast / training for new PowerBuilder developer (PB 8 or ...)
Hi, I wonder if you guys know any links to help a new PowerBuilder developer? I have a friend who is indeed needs to get a hands on DataWindow to maintain several existing reports in PB 8 or 9. She has a .NET background but not PowerBuilder. Please let me know. Thanks. -- Eddy Soeparmin The "Getting Started" documentation/tutorial should help... http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.dc37772_1150/html/pbgs/title.htm ....there's also analogous documentation going back to v10.0... http://sybooks.sybase.com/nav/detail.do?docset=430 ......

java powerbuilder to java functions
We are currently on PowerBuilder 8.0, backend Sybase, and are looking into web development using pure Java, no EAS. Are there any class libraries out there that have been written for java/powerbuilder, for instance the equivelent of Rowcount() or Find, or other datawindow functions, but now instead of using datawindows we will be using arrays. I hate to reinvent the wheel and it seems like somebody must have done this already. Larry Horowitz Larry, I'm lost. No EAS, no DataWindows. Where does PowerBuilder fit into the solution here? -- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSy...

web.pb and Powerbuilder 6.0 beta 4
I just recieved my beta 4 cd in the mail and I have been trying to get my 5.0 web app to work. I am testing on IIS 3.0 with the pbisa60.dll on the web server and the powerbuilder distributed app running on my machine. The first page checks with the INI file to determine if password protection is turned on. If so, it asks the user to login and then recalls the first page again. If not, it just shows the first page. Problem: If the login page is served up, then when I submit the userid and password, it comes back with the following error: Netscape Document contains no data. This ...

The future of Powerbuilder
I am looking for opinions and viewpoints. I think Powerbuilder has 2 distinct and quite different markets. The small to medium sized software market and corporate IT market. In the software market where results are easy to measure on the bottom line I think PB is doing just fine. The productivity, efficiency and swift development process suites that market just fine. Just keep your customers happy. I am amazed at what I have seen in PB based software packages considering the total lack of documentation. That speaks volume on the capabilities of PB if you just get into it. O...

The Future of PowerBuilder
Hello! Earlier this year, I came across an article in one of the weekly industry newspapers that stated that Sybase was telling major customers that PowerBuilder will be discontinued after version 8.0. (I can't remember which newspaper had the story and I can't seem locate it by doing a Google search. But I'm not making this up - I really did see it.) At the PowerBuilder Information Site ( www.justpbinfo.com ) I came across the following article: ------------------------------------------------ The Future of PowerBuilder Is there life after PowerBuilder 8? Rum...

Powerbuilder to Java
Will the component factory enable me to migrate my Powerbuilder Application to real Java Code ? Will this work for nonvisual and for visual objects ? I need to migrate my Powerbuilder Application to Java because it should work on IBM NCs without Winframe. Please help me. Thanks a lot !!!! Erwin Selg wrote: > Will the component factory enable me to migrate my Powerbuilder > Application to real Java Code ? > Will this work for nonvisual and for visual objects ? I need to migrate > my Powerbuilder Application to Java because > it should work on IBM NCs witho...

PowerBuilder future
I wonder what is the future of PB. I have just saw an article which Jhon Chen (Sybase CEO) says the following: According to Chen the company had become over-diversified, and lost sight of its core competencies. "A lot of our businesses were very inefficient," he explains. "I was asking, 'why are you doing this?' You know we had an SAP consulting business - what for? We had a product that competed with Microsoft Visual Basic - what for? I had to get rid of some bits and pieces." In my understanding, the only Sybase product that have competed with VB is...

PB from Java? or Java from PB?
Hi PB Experts, It's been many a year since I dabbled with PB, and now I am working for a Java component vendor. We have a prospect that is using PB (and VB) and doesn't know anything about Java. I have some vague ideas about how the two can talk to each other, but am interested in what your experience might be in this regard. Thanks in advance for any advice/perspective. - Jordan. Jordan Olin Sr. Technical Account Manager ILOG, Inc. jolin@ilog.com (781) 365-4003 At this point, you're gold if the Java component is residing on EAServer. There have been ...

POWERBUILDER FUTURE?
i am in Powerbuilder for past 4 Years.....currently i am in india. But my projects are in my last 4 years almost maintenance & migration to advanced techniques...almost zero development and the sad news is ,powerbuilder developers are very less when compared to advance techniques... u know the PB versions are also coming yearly once & introducing new concepts also almost not useful(i discussed with lot of PB developers almost they are not using the advance techniques) so everybody is going slowly out of PB technology... In india last few years Pb usage is re...

The future of PowerBuilder...
That subject line should get your attention. <g> I'm very pleased with the participation in this group. We've obviously provided a well for a very thirsty group of developers! As you may or may not know, PB 9 is about to go into Beta and the feature set has pretty much been frozen. I know a lot of these requests are for very useful features and hopefully many will some day be incorporated into PB. I don't know what can be done for PB 9 at this point. Just don't want to falsely get people's hopes up. What I would like to do, is raise the discussion to a h...

Future of Powerbuilder
Hi, Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - The Future of Powerbuilder? Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Thanks Bala wrote in message <#AImoYME$GA.270@forums.sybase.com>... >Hi, > >Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - >The Future of Powerbuilder? >Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Except you should not believe everything you read. I remember the mutterings after PB 6.5 and currently Sybase is shipping EAS which PB 7.0 forms part of. Again I was at Sybase TechW...

Powerbuilder to the web?
Hi, Is it possible to create a web application just using the new "web enabled" facilities in Powerbuilder 7? If so is it very difficult or are other Sybase products such as Powersite needed to accomplish this? Thanks Jason ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp It is possible to create web apps with the web-enabled features of PB, and no, PowerSite is not required. What is required is a dynamic page server (like PowerDynamo or ASP) and a component transaction server (like Jaguar). To get a real-world, sca...

Is it possible to use Web.Pb with PowerBuilder 7.0 Desktop?
Thank you. While it doesn't address Web.PB specifically, the datasheet: http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/pb7ds.pdf indicates that the HTMLDW isn't supported in the non-Enterprise version. That would make web development somewhat more difficult. On Mon, 7 Feb 2000 17:40:25 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Josep Closas Compte <josep.closas@netprocess.com> wrote: >Thank you. > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | KFORCE.com mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | http://www.kforce.com Preach the gospel at all ...

Web resources about - JAVA PowerBuilder future - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles