Is web.pb right for my app, nested datawindows and web.pb, display flexibility

1.) The web.pb application that I am putting together requires the
following:

- Validate User against database based on passed ID and password
- Display a selection list of accounts (from database)
- Based on user selected accounts, generate 2 SQL reports from database
(both reports are nested datawindows and utilize SQL Server 6.5 Stored
Procedures)

Is the Web.pb solution suited for this? If not, what else should I
consider?

2.) Saving the rows of a nested datawindow as an HTML table appears to
save the data in the primary datawindow EXCLUDING the data in nested
datawindows. Is there anyway to get ALL of the data in the nested
datawindow to save as an HTML table? I am trying to use this output as
part of a web.pb application.

3.) What type of flexibility does PB give me for formatting a datawindow
report? I.E. Can I easily change the font? How about bolding some text?

4.) I can't connect to www.gcomeau.com. Has the address changed?

Thanks in advance,

Donald D'Angelo

0
Donald
7/7/1997 9:29:00 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Mon, 07 Jul 1997 17:29:00 -0400, Donald D'Angelo <donald@tiac.net>
wrote:

>1.) The web.pb application that I am putting together requires the
>following:
>
>- Validate User against database based on passed ID and password
>- Display a selection list of accounts (from database)
>- Based on user selected accounts, generate 2 SQL reports from database
>(both reports are nested datawindows and utilize SQL Server 6.5 Stored
>Procedures)
>
>Is the Web.pb solution suited for this? If not, what else should I
>consider?

It all looked good until you got to the nested datawindow.  You may
have to do each of the datawindows seperately and then parse them
together yourself.

>3.) What type of flexibility does PB give me for formatting a datawindow
>report? I.E. Can I easily change the font? How about bolding some text?

The class library that comes with the Internet Developers Toolkit
contains some user objects, one of which has a number of functions
that are usefull for formatting the HTML that represents a datawindow.

>4.) I can't connect to www.gcomeau.com. Has the address changed?

I believe it has gone offline completely.  Something about Greg
getting a real life <g>.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]		| Source Consulting
mailto:brucearm@ix.netcom.com		| mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
http://www.netcom.com/~brucearm/	| http://www.sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.experienceondemand.com

Preach the gospel at all times.If necessary, use words.	[Francis of Assisi]
0
NOCANSPAM_brucearm
7/9/1997 6:16:56 PM
Can I download the class library in the Internet Developer's Toolkit
which contains the user object of functions which are
usefull for formatting the HTML that represents a datawindow? If not,
how can I get a copy?

Donald D'Angelo

Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Jul 1997 17:29:00 -0400, Donald D'Angelo <donald@tiac.net>
> wrote:
>
> >1.) The web.pb application that I am putting together requires the
> >following:
> >
> >- Validate User against database based on passed ID and password
> >- Display a selection list of accounts (from database)
> >- Based on user selected accounts, generate 2 SQL reports from
> database
> >(both reports are nested datawindows and utilize SQL Server 6.5
> Stored
> >Procedures)
> >
> >Is the Web.pb solution suited for this? If not, what else should I
> >consider?
>
> It all looked good until you got to the nested datawindow.  You may
> have to do each of the datawindows seperately and then parse them
> together yourself.
>
> >3.) What type of flexibility does PB give me for formatting a
> datawindow
> >report? I.E. Can I easily change the font? How about bolding some
> text?
>
> The class library that comes with the Internet Developers Toolkit
> contains some user objects, one of which has a number of functions
> that are usefull for formatting the HTML that represents a datawindow.
>
> >4.) I can't connect to www.gcomeau.com. Has the address changed?
>
> I believe it has gone offline completely.  Something about Greg
> getting a real life <g>.
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]                | Source Consulting
> mailto:brucearm@ix.netcom.com           | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
> http://www.netcom.com/~brucearm/        | http://www.sourcela.com
> http://www.experienceondemand.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times.If necessary, use words. [Francis of
> Assisi]

0
Donald
7/10/1997 9:19:59 PM
On Thu, 10 Jul 1997 17:19:59 -0400, Donald D'Angelo <donald@tiac.net>
wrote:

>Can I download the class library in the Internet Developer's Toolkit
>which contains the user object of functions which are
>usefull for formatting the HTML that represents a datawindow? If not,
>how can I get a copy?

AFAIK, the only way to get it currently is to order it (at about $99)
if memory servers.  From what I've heard, it will come packaged with
PB6.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]	|	Source Consulting
mailto:brucearm@ix.netcom.com	|	mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
http://www.netcom.com/~brucearm	|	http://www.experienceondemand.com
0
NOCANSPAM_brucearm
7/11/1997 3:39:48 PM
Bruce,

Your right on both parts.  IDT is available for $99 but will be bundled
as part of the Enterprise version in 6.0.

John Martin
Powersoft Tech Support

0
John
7/29/1997 8:16:23 PM
    I'm just getting into web development, and installed "Internet Tools"
from the 6.0 Enterprise CD.  Is that the same as the "Internet Developers'
Toolkit?"  If not, where do I find the toolkit?

John Martin wrote in message <33DE4F97.594E0F45@psnews.powersoft.com>...
>Bruce,
>
>Your right on both parts.  IDT is available for $99 but will be bundled
>as part of the Enterprise version in 6.0.
>
>John Martin
>Powersoft Tech Support

0
Laurel

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web Server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software). Thanks. ...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software).Thanks. Try: http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001660 On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:44:58 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Rich Walz <rich@cse-armerica.com> wrote: >The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware >components...avail...

PB 11.5.1 (4011)
Hello Everyone, I am getting a strange error when calling a C# Web Service in PB 11.5.1 (4011). System.OutOfMemoryException When my application starts, I do the following: application global variable n_uploaded_files gnv_uploaded_files open event of application gnv_uploaded_files = CREATE n_uploaded_files n_uploaded_files instance variable s2010_upload_web_service iproxy_webservice SoapConnection iSOAP_connection constructor event of n_uploaded_files isoap_connection = CREATE SoapConnection of_instantiateservice(iproxy_webservice, "s201...

web web web

WEB.SQL or WEB.PB
Hello, I will begin a web-based development project. The project consists of a web-server(IIS4), Dbase-Server (Sybase SQL 11) , OS (NT4 Server) and PB5004. Internet users can view WebPages by standard browsers. The user will enter data into a form on the WebPages. The data or SQL statement are submitted to a dbase server for calculation. The result set and computed values are returned to WebPages and viewed by user's browsers. I thank that Web.pb may be answer for this project. However Web.sql also can do this kind job. I want to know "What are the difference between t...

Web.pb and pb.7
Hello, After installation of PB7 (EAS3), I cannot find web.pb class and library except the tutor_pb.pbl file and some dll's at "Internet Tools" directory. I remember that pb6 includes internet.pbl and webpb.pbl for development. Is it need to download from sybase to create web.pb application? Please any suggestions. Best Regards, Frankie ...

WEB.PB OR WEB.SQL ?
Hello, I will begin a web-based development project. The project consists of a web-server(IIS4), Dbase-Server (Sybase SQL 11) , OS (NT4 Server) and PB5004. Internet users can view WebPages by standard browsers. The user will enter data into a form on the WebPages. The data or SQL statement are submitted to a dbase server for calculation. The result set and computed values are returned to WebPages and viewed by user's browsers. I thank that Web.pb may be answer for this project. However Web.sql also can do this kind job. I want to know "What are the difference between t...

PB Web Migration & Web DataWindow Control
Through review of Sybase white papers and attending the last PowerBuilder developers conference the recommended route for migrating a client server PB application to be web based (without rewriting or using WDK) is to make use of the Web Data Window Control in conjunction with PowerDynamo and Jaguar. We are considering migrating our application using these tools. The application of which I speak is comprised of some 1000 data windows accessing some 200 tables. Based on my reading and discussion with Sybase staff at the conference, I am told that the trick to making this work...

PB Web Migration & Web DataWindow Control
Through review of Sybase white papers and attending the last PowerBuilder developers conference the recommended route for migrating a client server PB application to be web based (without rewriting or using WDK) is to make use of the Web Data Window Control in conjunction with PowerDynamo and Jaguar. We are considering migrating our application using these tools. The application of which I speak is comprised of some 1000 data windows accessing some 200 tables. Based on my reading and discussion with Sybase staff at the conference, I am told that the trick to making this work...

PB 10 web services on a Java app/web server
Can someone tell me if functions or user objects made in PB 10 can be deployed (as a war file, for instance) to a java app server (such as Tomcat) as web services i saw a line on the pb 10 sales doc saying pb 10 supports j22ee app servers through wizards that genearte proxies for enterprise java beans... does that mean a yes? With PBridge from Sunlly (www.sunlly.com) you could do this. You can do it natively with PB if you are using EAServer. On 22 Sep 2004 11:40:46 -0700, Luciano B wrote: >Can someone tell me if functions or user objects made in PB >10 can be deployed ...

WEB PB as a WEB development tool.
Hi all, I received the following news from my boss and was asked what I am thinking as far as using PowerBuilder as our WEB developement tool. Since you all are so involved with the PB Web development, what do you all think as far as where PB will go with its WEB dev. effort or even as a leader in client/server tool? The once-golden PowerBuilder business stalled out (along with much of the client/server market sector), weak attempts to move PowerBuilder to the Web received a cool response. This month, Sybase brings its latest (and probably last) attempt to move PB to the Web m...

WEB hosting of WEB.PB application
We want to find a ISP who will host our WEB.PB application with server program and database. If anybody has some experience or could help us find a proper ISP please contact us. e-mail spavle@hotmail.com Sincerly Pavle Spoljaric Zagreb, Croatia You might check with Dean Jones of PowerTeam (www.powerobjects.com). In addition to being a PB consultant, member of TeamPS, yadda, yadda, yadda, he is also an ISP. I know he's talked about installing Jaguar on one of his servers and offering Jaguar as a service to his customers. Given his rabid support of Distributed PB (h...

Web.PB and Apache web server
Somebody have sucessfully used an apache web server with the Web.PB under Win95. I'm currently trying to use this together but hadn't succes. I'm looking for some help to do this. Jonny ...

Web.PB Running on a Hosted Web
We have developed a Web.PB application which is to run on a hosted web running IIS on NT 4.0 (we don't have access to the server). We cannot get beyond the error: Could not find definition for Server Alias 'webapp'. The webmaster swears the pbweb.ini file is placed in the c:\winnt directory, and location= has been set to his server's IP address. The application works here (developed on NT Workstation running Peer Web Services). One difference is that the web host has multiple virtual servers, (so that each of his hosted locations has its own IP address and dom...

Web resources about - Is web.pb right for my app, nested datawindows and web.pb, display flexibility - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo