Could not find definition for Server Alias 'pb_inet'.

Problems faced in running powerbuilder internet toolkit examples
(web.pb) :

I have a window nt 4.0 server with internet explorer 4.0 installed. I
have installed website server & also internet development toolkit from
pb 6.0 beta cd. I have configured web server as per given in
runexamp.htm file & the website server is running as an application(the
icon is shown in toolbar).

The powerbuilder application executable & pbds have been copied to the
directory where pbcgi60 executable exists (with the proper path for
is_cgiurl).

Now if I run the powerbuilder example from the browser (which has been
set as a Home page & the service is started at an empty port) & click on
any of the urls, it gives me the following error :

HTTP/1.0 501 Not Supported (for the Post metho) or HTTP/1.0 404 Object
Not Found (for the form method).

The html page portion of the said page is given below :

Action="http://101.132.132.8/cgi-shl/pbcgi060.exe/webpbsrv/u_web_examples/f_info"
Method="POST">
<input type=submit value="Get Environment Information"> <B>or</B>
<A
HREF="http://101.132.132.8/cgi-shl/pbcgi060.exe/webpbsrv/u_web_examples/f_info">Get
Environment Information</A>

Secondly, I am running the employee logon screen from the internet.pbl
user object uo_pbdemo by making html page as shown below :
(the service for the application pb_inet is started at a empty port)

<HEAD><TITLE>Logon to Employee Information system</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY><H1>Type your Id & Password</H1>
<Form action =
"http://101.132.132.8/cgi-shl/pbcgi60.exe/pb_inet/uo_pbdemo/f_getlogon"
METHOD="GET">
<P>internet address :<Input maxlength="30" name = "as_userid" size = 30
type = "text">
"30" type = "password" value ="" >

(101.132.132.8 is my tcp/ip address)

It produces me the following Error:

PBWEBSetConfig: Could not find definition for Server Alias 'pb_inet'.
PBWEBRunRequest: PBWEBSetConfig has failed.

Also, sometimes my web.pb application gets hanged & the library becomes
read-only if I invoke browser from my application (is it a memory
problem ?).
---------
also for the application (either from internet.pbl or webpbsrv.pbl) the
error is produced from server window as the port not empty (though the
port has been configured for the application).

-piya

--
Piya Paulus				Phone : 91 80 228 3850
Engineer- Technical Services		Fax     : 91 80 228 3851

To answer part of your problem, make sure that the pbweb.ini file is located in the
\WinNt directory.  Web.PB will look there for the file.  If your NT system is
configured to use NTFS then you need to make sure that a special user account has read
access to the file.  The special account is setup by IIS is named IUSR_machinename.
When IIS executes a cgi program or ASP script, it will do so as this user for security
purposes.

The error that you reported is typically that the pbweb.ini file is not in the OS
directory or that web.pb doesn't have access to it.

HTH,

John Martin
Product Support Eng.
Sybase, Inc.

0
John

Could not find definition for Server Alias 'webpbsrv'
I can't get the pbcgi60.exe to recognize the Alias 'webpbsrv' which I've set up in webpb.ini. What's the trick? Can anyone help me? In article <3632AD4D.E6F2DA20@objectforce.com>, croller@objectforce.com says... > I can't get the pbcgi60.exe to recognize the Alias 'webpbsrv' which I've > set up in webpb.ini. What's the trick? Can anyone help me? > > I believe you may also need an entry in your SERVICES file -- Andy Turiansky Team Powersoft AndyT@DelaNET.Com http://www.delanet.com/~aturians/pbh Ok, I'm try...

Could not find definition for Server Alias 'jimmy'
HI, Every one, I am New to WEB PB When I developed a new application, The error Occurs, Error: PBWEBSetConfig: Could not find definition for Server Alias 'jimmy'. E-Mail: Let me know about it PBWEBRunRequest: PBWEBSetConfig has failed. What I Used PB :pb 6.5 build 444 and PSR in Win98 What I did In webpb.ini I added [jimmy] application=jimmy_examples location=localhost driver=winsock In services File : I added a line to end of this file 'jimmy_examples 10100/tcp' and the server application is running OK. Anyone who can tell me Why?? TIA...

Error: Could not find definition for Server Alias 'myapp'.
I've developed an application using PB5.0 called 'myapp' which contains an user object - "uo_webtest" and a user object function called "f_webtest" and then complie the PBL to PBD file. Next use the Web.PB wizard to generate the HTM file, and then run the HTM file on Netscape 4.04, but it fails an error occurs : Error: Could not find definition for Server Alias 'myapp'. The following steps to generate the HTM file in my WEB Server 1. Copy the PBD file to "d:\inetpub\mydir" directory. 2. In IIS, create a virtual directory called ...

Web.PB
Hi - I am trying to get the tutorial application running - I have installed and tested WebSite, made the necessary entries to HOSTS and SERVICES files, and PBWEB.INI files, and made the tutorial entries and .htm files. PBCGI050.exe is in the WebSite cgi-shl directory. Yet, I continue to get this message which is generated from the pbweb.ini file. Any clues as to what is going on? Need further info, let me know. Thanks! -- Fred J. Leskowitz <fred@micropat.com> Voice: +1.203.466.5055 Oracle Database Programmer, MicroPatent Fax: +1.203.466.5054 http:/...

Unable to open the Web 'http://XYZ:6548". Could not find a Web server at 'XYZ'
Hi, I'm using  Visual Web Developer 2005 Express, IIS  and my local IIS website name as 'XYZ'. When I try to open that Website thru >>Open Website,  It says following error message : " Unable to open the Web 'http://XYZ:6548". Could not find a Web server at 'XYZ'. Please check to make sure that the Web server name is valid and your proxy settings are set correctly. If you sre sure that everything is correct, the web server may be out of service " But I'm able to some other websites in IIS & sure my IIS also active.   Could you ...

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'Find' is not a member of 'System.Web.UI.ControlCollection'.
I have 5 rows (2 textboxes and 1 dropdownlist on each row)...named like txtDate1/txtHours1/ddlType1 (row 1), txtDate2/txtHours2/ddlType2 (row 2)...and so on. On each row, if the user has put data in one of the textboxes, then the other one need to have data as well.  If they both have info...fine, if they both don't have info...fine.  Anyway, I'm trying to streamline my saving procedure with a loop, but I'm having problems. Here's my code     Protected Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles bt...

'System.Web.HttpRequest' does not contain a definition for 'form'
Hello all. .NET 2.0 newbie here.... What I'm trying to do is learn how to use the LoadVars() in actionscript. Here is the .NET / C#/ html code  1 <form id="form1" runat="server"> 2 <div> 3 <% 4 if (Request.form("userName") == "Cameron") 5 { 6 Response.Write("&aspvar=it is You!"); 7 } 8 else 9 { 10 Response.Write("&aspvar=you are not Cameron&"); 11 } 12 13 %> ...

'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem'
Hi, I am getting this error does anyone knows how to solve this :DHighOnCodingWanna get high! Show us the code that produces this error. Other than the exactness of the error, which explains what is exactly happening, we can't see why this is happening without seeing your code.David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer' when i...

'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper' does not contain a definition for 'Calendar'
Hi, Please anybody tell me what this error. I use asp.net MVC Beta. This error showing in gridview too how to rectify it?Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper' does not contain a definition for 'Calendar' and no extension method 'Calendar' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Source Error: Line 8: Line 9: Mvc Calendar 1: Simplest Calendar Line 10: <%= Html.Calendar() %> Line 11: Line 12:   &nbs...

Powerbuilder based 'trial' and 'copy protection' for a PB app.
Hello all, Has anyone written a Powerbuilder based control or library for copy protecting and licensing a Powerbuilder application ? I would like to offer customers a 30 day free trial and then be able to provide them an unlock license key to license the software on a particular computer. I have found the commercial solutions to be complicated and cumbersome and expensive expensive. you should post this question over in the commercial-isv.general newsgroup "Dave P" wrote in message news:4c22200b.7a89.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello all, > > Has anyone...

'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem'
Hi, I am recieving this error: 'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem' What iam trying to do is when a user clicks the hyperlink column in the datagrid then the ID of that user is send to another page and I need to run the Query or something and bind the Label on the page 2 with the name of the Person. So I am using the HTML view and writing something like this : '<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Name") %> ' here is my code behind file so how can i bind the Name of the person with the label: private void Page_Lo...

'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper' does not contain a definition for 'GridView'
Hi,Using this article http://weblogs.asp.net/stephenwalther/archive/2008/06/24/asp-net-mvc-tip-8-create-an-asp-net-mvc-gridview-helper-method.aspxi have created gridview based on that but, the error follows  Compiler Error Message: CS1928: 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper' does not contain a definition for 'GridView' and the best extension method overload 'VMLBlogsite.Helpers.GridExtensions.GridView(System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper, System.Data.Linq.ITable)' has some invalid arguments Source Error: Line 8: Simple Grid Line 9: Line 10: <%= Html.GridV...

Web resources about - Could not find definition for Server Alias 'pb_inet'. - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb