Could not find definition for Server Alias 'webpbsrv'

I can't get the pbcgi60.exe to recognize the Alias 'webpbsrv' which I've
set up in webpb.ini.  What's the trick?  Can anyone help me?

0
Chris
10/25/1998 4:47:09 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In article <3632AD4D.E6F2DA20@objectforce.com>, croller@objectforce.com
says...
> I can't get the pbcgi60.exe to recognize the Alias 'webpbsrv' which I've
> set up in webpb.ini.  What's the trick?  Can anyone help me?

I believe you may also need an entry in your SERVICES file
--

Andy Turiansky
Team Powersoft

I haven't changed a thing in the lab7_1.pbl.

I full-built the app.
Added registry entries.
Server runs fine.

SERVICES contains:
pbserver 10099/tcp

WebSite is running.

after running pbwizard.exe, webpb.ini contains:
[lab7demo]
driver=winsock
application=pbserver
location=localhost

copied the lab7_demo.htm to the htdocs directory in WebSite.
Typed the following into the browser:
http://localhost/lab7_demo.htm

After clicking the <Execute PB Function> anchor, I get

'Error: PBWEBSetConfig: Could not find definition for Server Alias
'lab7demo'. PBWEBRunRequest: PBWEBSetConfig has failed. '

at this point, the following is the location in the browser:
http://localhost/cgi-shl/pbcgi60.exe/lab7demo/uo_server/f_retrieve_list?

If I understand the process fully:
1.  the 'lab7demo' should be found in the webpb.ini
2.  The translation to 'pbserver' should be made, but I think this is
failing.

Again, the server is running fine, which also listens for data on
'pbserver'.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?  Thanks.

Andy Turiansky [TeamPS] wrote:

> In article <3632AD4D.E6F2DA20@objectforce.com>,
> croller@objectforce.com
> says...
> > I can't get the pbcgi60.exe to recognize the Alias 'webpbsrv' which
> I've
> > set up in webpb.ini.  What's the trick?  Can anyone help me?
> >

> I believe you may also need an entry in your SERVICES file
> --
>
> Andy Turiansky
> Team Powersoft
> AndyT@DelaNET.Com
> http://www.delanet.com/~aturians/pbh

0
Chris
10/26/1998 2:32:17 AM
I don't know if had a typo, but the correct file name is PBWEB.INI

Jason Dufair <see@web.page> wrote in article
<3634873E.71F54EA2@web.page>...

Chris Roller wrote:

> Ok, I'm trying to get the lab7_1.pbl from 4565_1.zip (from powersoft's
> web site) working.
>
> I haven't changed a thing in the lab7_1.pbl.
>
> I full-built the app.
> Added registry entries.
> Server runs fine.
>
> SERVICES contains:
> pbserver 10099/tcp
>
> WebSite is running.
>
> after running pbwizard.exe, webpb.ini contains:
> [lab7demo]
> driver=winsock
> application=pbserver
> location=localhost
>
> copied the lab7_demo.htm to the htdocs directory in WebSite.
> Typed the following into the browser:
> http://localhost/lab7_demo.htm
>
> After clicking the <Execute PB Function> anchor, I get
>
> 'Error: PBWEBSetConfig: Could not find definition for Server Alias
> 'lab7demo'. PBWEBRunRequest: PBWEBSetConfig has failed. '
>
> at this point, the following is the location in the browser:
> http://localhost/cgi-shl/pbcgi60.exe/lab7demo/uo_server/f_retrieve_list?
>
> If I understand the process fully:
> 1.  the 'lab7demo' should be found in the webpb.ini
> 2.  The translation to 'pbserver' should be made, but I think this is
> failing.
>
> Again, the server is running fine, which also listens for data on
> 'pbserver'.
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve this?  Thanks.
>
> Andy Turiansky [TeamPS] wrote:
>
> > In article <3632AD4D.E6F2DA20@objectforce.com>,
> > croller@objectforce.com
> > says...
> > > I can't get the pbcgi60.exe to recognize the Alias 'webpbsrv' which
> > I've
> > > set up in webpb.ini.  What's the trick?  Can anyone help me?
> > >

> > I believe you may also need an entry in your SERVICES file
> > --
> >
> > Andy Turiansky
> > Team Powersoft
> > AndyT@DelaNET.Com
> > http://www.delanet.com/~aturians/pbh

--
Jason Dufair
http://www.iquest.net/~funne/
PGP key @ http://www.iquest.net/~funne/jdufair.asc or keyservers
0
Jason
10/26/1998 2:29:18 PM
The wepb.ini was in the c:\windows directory.  I put about 3 or 4 lines
at the end of the services file before last response.

Jason Dufair wrote:

> Where is your webpb.ini?  It should be in c:\winnt or somewhere in the
>
> path.  Also, make sure your services file has a blank line at the end.
>
> That last <cr><lf> makes a difference.
>
> Chris Roller wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I'm trying to get the lab7_1.pbl from 4565_1.zip (from
> powersoft's
> > web site) working.
> >
> > I haven't changed a thing in the lab7_1.pbl.
> >
> > I full-built the app.
> > Added registry entries.
> > Server runs fine.
> >
> > SERVICES contains:
> > pbserver 10099/tcp
> >
> > WebSite is running.
> >
> > after running pbwizard.exe, webpb.ini contains:
> > [lab7demo]
> > driver=winsock
> > application=pbserver
> > location=localhost
> >
> > copied the lab7_demo.htm to the htdocs directory in WebSite.
> > Typed the following into the browser:
> > http://localhost/lab7_demo.htm
> >
> > After clicking the <Execute PB Function> anchor, I get
> >
> > 'Error: PBWEBSetConfig: Could not find definition for Server Alias
> > 'lab7demo'. PBWEBRunRequest: PBWEBSetConfig has failed. '
> >
> > at this point, the following is the location in the browser:
> >
> http://localhost/cgi-shl/pbcgi60.exe/lab7demo/uo_server/f_retrieve_list?
>

> > If I understand the process fully:
> > 1.  the 'lab7demo' should be found in the webpb.ini
> > 2.  The translation to 'pbserver' should be made, but I think this
> is
> > failing.
> >
> > Again, the server is running fine, which also listens for data on
> > 'pbserver'.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to resolve this?  Thanks.
> >
> > Andy Turiansky [TeamPS] wrote:
> >
> > > In article <3632AD4D.E6F2DA20@objectforce.com>,
> > > croller@objectforce.com
> > > says...
> which
> > > I've
> > > >

> > > I believe you may also need an entry in your SERVICES file
> > > --
> > >
> > > Andy Turiansky
> > > Team Powersoft
> > > AndyT@DelaNET.Com
> > > http://www.delanet.com/~aturians/pbh
>
> --
> Jason Dufair
> http://www.iquest.net/~funne/
> PGP key @ http://www.iquest.net/~funne/jdufair.asc or keyservers

0
Chris
10/26/1998 3:05:51 PM
On Sat, 24 Oct 1998 23:47:09 -0500,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb
Chris Roller <croller@objectforce.com> wrote:
>I can't get the pbcgi60.exe to recognize the Alias 'webpbsrv' which I've
>set up in webpb.ini.  What's the trick?  Can anyone help me?

I think the trick is in the services file...of course assuming you already have
configured your webserver's cgi paths and pbweb.ini and etc...

at the services file (usu. found at c:\windows\ directory) try to add at the an
entry in the last line...

pbserver        10014/tcp    ----->add this line here

make sure that post number follows the port number just above the added line

0
Nikkos
10/26/1998 11:49:49 PM
How does Homer Simpson say it.....Doohhh!!!
Yep, that was it.
That you so much for your insight.

J Kruse wrote:

> I don't know if had a typo, but the correct file name is PBWEB.INI
>
> Jason Dufair <see@web.page> wrote in article
> <3634873E.71F54EA2@web.page>...
> > Where is your webpb.ini?  It should be in c:\winnt or somewhere in
> the
> > path.  Also, make sure your services file has a blank line at the
> end.
> > That last <cr><lf> makes a difference.
> >
> > Chris Roller wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok, I'm trying to get the lab7_1.pbl from 4565_1.zip (from
> powersoft's
> > > web site) working.
> > >
> > > I haven't changed a thing in the lab7_1.pbl.
> > >
> > > I full-built the app.
> > > Added registry entries.
> > > Server runs fine.
> > >
> > > SERVICES contains:
> > > pbserver 10099/tcp
> > >
> > > WebSite is running.
> > >
> > > after running pbwizard.exe, webpb.ini contains:
> > > [lab7demo]
> > > driver=winsock
> > > application=pbserver
> > > location=localhost
> > >
> > > copied the lab7_demo.htm to the htdocs directory in WebSite.
> > > Typed the following into the browser:
> > > http://localhost/lab7_demo.htm
> > >
> > > After clicking the <Execute PB Function> anchor, I get
> > >
> > > 'Error: PBWEBSetConfig: Could not find definition for Server Alias
>
> > > 'lab7demo'. PBWEBRunRequest: PBWEBSetConfig has failed. '
> > >
> > > at this point, the following is the location in the browser:
> > >
> htt
> ://localhost/cgi-shl/pbcgi60.exe/lab7demo/uo_server/f_retrieve_list?
> > >
> > > If I understand the process fully:
> > > 1.  the 'lab7demo' should be found in the webpb.ini
> > > 2.  The translation to 'pbserver' should be made, but I think this
> is
> > > failing.
> > >
> > > Again, the server is running fine, which also listens for data on
> > > 'pbserver'.
> > >
> > > Any ideas on how to resolve this?  Thanks.

> which

> > --
> > Jason Dufair
> > http://www.iquest.net/~funne/
> > PGP key @ http://www.iquest.net/~funne/jdufair.asc or keyservers

0
Chris
10/27/1998 1:16:14 AM
Chris, I don't know if you got this working yet or not, but I had a similar
problem where the application was not being recognized.  If you are still
having the problem you may want to try the following:

In the PBweb.ini file, instead of listing the application alias, list the
tcpip port number.  Instead of this...

[lab7demo]
driver=winsock
application=pbserver
location=localhost

Try this...

[lab7demo]
driver=winsock
application=10014
location=localhost

Where 10014 is the port number in your services file.