Could not find definition for Server Alias 'jimmy'

HI, Every one, I am New to WEB PB
When I developed a new application, The error Occurs,

Error: PBWEBSetConfig: Could not find definition for Server Alias 'jimmy'.
E-Mail: Let me know about it PBWEBRunRequest: PBWEBSetConfig has failed.

What I Used
   PB :pb 6.5 build 444 and PSR  in Win98

What I did
  In webpb.ini  I added

[jimmy]
application=jimmy_examples
location=localhost
driver=winsock

  In services File : I added  a line to end of this file 'jimmy_examples
10100/tcp'
and the server application is running OK.

Anyone who can tell me Why??

TIA
   Jimmy Nie
jimmy_nie@163.net

0
Jimmy
4/7/2000 7:09:47 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

put your pbweb.ini in c:\windows folder ...

HTH
Sangeet

Jimmy Nie <jimmy_nie@163.net> wrote in message news:WqZK7CGo$GA.316@forums.sybase.com...
> HI, Every one, I am New to WEB PB
> When I developed a new application, The error Occurs,
>
> Error: PBWEBSetConfig: Could not find definition for Server Alias 'jimmy'.
> E-Mail: Let me know about it PBWEBRunRequest: PBWEBSetConfig has failed.
>

> What I Used
>    PB :pb 6.5 build 444 and PSR  in Win98
>
> What I did
>   In webpb.ini  I added
>
> [jimmy]
> application=jimmy_examples
> location=localhost
> driver=winsock
>
>   In services File : I added  a line to end of this file 'jimmy_examples
> 10100/tcp'
> and the server application is running OK.
>
> Anyone who can tell me Why??
>
> TIA
>    Jimmy Nie
> jimmy_nie@163.net

0
Sangeet
4/8/2000 3:27:22 AM
Also, make sure that you have some extra carriage return following you
application/port listing in the services file.  Don't ask why, it just has a
problem if it doesn't have extra carriage return lines.

Steve

Jimmy Nie wrote:

> HI, Every one, I am New to WEB PB
> When I developed a new application, The error Occurs,
>
> Error: PBWEBSetConfig: Could not find definition for Server Alias 'jimmy'.
> E-Mail: Let me know about it PBWEBRunRequest: PBWEBSetConfig has failed.
>
> What I Used
>    PB :pb 6.5 build 444 and PSR  in Win98
>
> What I did
>   In webpb.ini  I added
>
> [jimmy]
> application=jimmy_examples
> location=localhost
> driver=winsock
>
>   In services File : I added  a line to end of this file 'jimmy_examples
> 10100/tcp'
> and the server application is running OK.
>
> Anyone who can tell me Why??
>
> TIA
>    Jimmy Nie
> jimmy_nie@163.net

0
Steve

Could not find definition for Server Alias 'pb_inet'.
Problems faced in running powerbuilder internet toolkit examples (web.pb) : I have a window nt 4.0 server with internet explorer 4.0 installed. I have installed website server & also internet development toolkit from pb 6.0 beta cd. I have configured web server as per given in runexamp.htm file & the website server is running as an application(the icon is shown in toolbar). The powerbuilder application executable & pbds have been copied to the directory where pbcgi60 executable exists (with the proper path for is_cgiurl). Now if I run the powerbuilder example from t...

Could not find definition for Server Alias 'webpbsrv'
I can't get the pbcgi60.exe to recognize the Alias 'webpbsrv' which I've set up in webpb.ini. What's the trick? Can anyone help me? In article <3632AD4D.E6F2DA20@objectforce.com>, croller@objectforce.com says... > I can't get the pbcgi60.exe to recognize the Alias 'webpbsrv' which I've > set up in webpb.ini. What's the trick? Can anyone help me? > > I believe you may also need an entry in your SERVICES file -- Andy Turiansky Team Powersoft AndyT@DelaNET.Com http://www.delanet.com/~aturians/pbh Ok, I'm try...

Error: Could not find definition for Server Alias 'myapp'.
I've developed an application using PB5.0 called 'myapp' which contains an user object - "uo_webtest" and a user object function called "f_webtest" and then complie the PBL to PBD file. Next use the Web.PB wizard to generate the HTM file, and then run the HTM file on Netscape 4.04, but it fails an error occurs : Error: Could not find definition for Server Alias 'myapp'. The following steps to generate the HTM file in my WEB Server 1. Copy the PBD file to "d:\inetpub\mydir" directory. 2. In IIS, create a virtual directory called ...

Web.PB
Hi - I am trying to get the tutorial application running - I have installed and tested WebSite, made the necessary entries to HOSTS and SERVICES files, and PBWEB.INI files, and made the tutorial entries and .htm files. PBCGI050.exe is in the WebSite cgi-shl directory. Yet, I continue to get this message which is generated from the pbweb.ini file. Any clues as to what is going on? Need further info, let me know. Thanks! -- Fred J. Leskowitz <fred@micropat.com> Voice: +1.203.466.5055 Oracle Database Programmer, MicroPatent Fax: +1.203.466.5054 http:/...

Unable to open the Web 'http://XYZ:6548". Could not find a Web server at 'XYZ'
Hi, I'm using  Visual Web Developer 2005 Express, IIS  and my local IIS website name as 'XYZ'. When I try to open that Website thru >>Open Website,  It says following error message : " Unable to open the Web 'http://XYZ:6548". Could not find a Web server at 'XYZ'. Please check to make sure that the Web server name is valid and your proxy settings are set correctly. If you sre sure that everything is correct, the web server may be out of service " But I'm able to some other websites in IIS & sure my IIS also active.   Could you ...

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'Find' is not a member of 'System.Web.UI.ControlCollection'.
I have 5 rows (2 textboxes and 1 dropdownlist on each row)...named like txtDate1/txtHours1/ddlType1 (row 1), txtDate2/txtHours2/ddlType2 (row 2)...and so on. On each row, if the user has put data in one of the textboxes, then the other one need to have data as well.  If they both have info...fine, if they both don't have info...fine.  Anyway, I'm trying to streamline my saving procedure with a loop, but I'm having problems. Here's my code     Protected Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles bt...

'System.Web.HttpRequest' does not contain a definition for 'form'
Hello all. .NET 2.0 newbie here.... What I'm trying to do is learn how to use the LoadVars() in actionscript. Here is the .NET / C#/ html code  1 <form id="form1" runat="server"> 2 <div> 3 <% 4 if (Request.form("userName") == "Cameron") 5 { 6 Response.Write("&aspvar=it is You!"); 7 } 8 else 9 { 10 Response.Write("&aspvar=you are not Cameron&"); 11 } 12 13 %> ...

'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem'
Hi, I am getting this error does anyone knows how to solve this :DHighOnCodingWanna get high! Show us the code that produces this error. Other than the exactness of the error, which explains what is exactly happening, we can't see why this is happening without seeing your code.David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer' when i...

'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper' does not contain a definition for 'Calendar'
Hi, Please anybody tell me what this error. I use asp.net MVC Beta. This error showing in gridview too how to rectify it?Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper' does not contain a definition for 'Calendar' and no extension method 'Calendar' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Source Error: Line 8: Line 9: Mvc Calendar 1: Simplest Calendar Line 10: <%= Html.Calendar() %> Line 11: Line 12:   &nbs...

Powerbuilder based 'trial' and 'copy protection' for a PB app.
Hello all, Has anyone written a Powerbuilder based control or library for copy protecting and licensing a Powerbuilder application ? I would like to offer customers a 30 day free trial and then be able to provide them an unlock license key to license the software on a particular computer. I have found the commercial solutions to be complicated and cumbersome and expensive expensive. you should post this question over in the commercial-isv.general newsgroup "Dave P" wrote in message news:4c22200b.7a89.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello all, > > Has anyone...

'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem'
Hi, I am recieving this error: 'System.Web.UI.Control' does not contain a definition for 'DataItem' What iam trying to do is when a user clicks the hyperlink column in the datagrid then the ID of that user is send to another page and I need to run the Query or something and bind the Label on the page 2 with the name of the Person. So I am using the HTML view and writing something like this : '<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Name") %> ' here is my code behind file so how can i bind the Name of the person with the label: private void Page_Lo...

'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper' does not contain a definition for 'GridView'
Hi,Using this article http://weblogs.asp.net/stephenwalther/archive/2008/06/24/asp-net-mvc-tip-8-create-an-asp-net-mvc-gridview-helper-method.aspxi have created gridview based on that but, the error follows  Compiler Error Message: CS1928: 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper' does not contain a definition for 'GridView' and the best extension method overload 'VMLBlogsite.Helpers.GridExtensions.GridView(System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper, System.Data.Linq.ITable)' has some invalid arguments Source Error: Line 8: Simple Grid Line 9: Line 10: <%= Html.GridV...

Web resources about - Could not find definition for Server Alias 'jimmy' - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb