Calling a PowerBuilder Function...

Hi Everyone,

Ok, here's my problem :

I've made a HTML Page with CheckBoxes and a button. When I click on the
button I want to catch all checkboxes that are checked to delete the entries
in a database. So my problem is to give a PwerBuilder function all adequate
parameters from within a HTML Page.

Please Help !!!

Thanx

0
Christophe
5/26/1999 7:34:12 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You need to give each checkbox field a name and a value. Something
like this:

<input type="checkbox" name="question026" value="2">

Then in your PB function, declare your arguments with the same name as
the checkboxes. (question026 in the above example). Web.PB will pass
the value of the checkbox to your function.

Regards,
Dave Fish [Team Sybase]

On Wed, 26 May 1999 09:34:12 +0200, "Christophe"
<cperrot@iutsud.u-strasbg.fr> wrote:

>Hi Everyone,
>
>Ok, here's my problem :
>
>I've made a HTML Page with CheckBoxes and a button. When I click on the
>button I want to catch all checkboxes that are checked to delete the entries
>in a database. So my problem is to give a PwerBuilder function all adequate
>parameters from within a HTML Page.
>
>Please Help !!!
>
>Thanx

0
nospam_dfish

How to call AJAX function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application?
Dear All, I would like to know if it is possible (if yes then how) to call AJAX function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application. Any pointer or information is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Jessica The first thing you need to do is install the AJAX Extensions for ASP.Net. They can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca9d90fa-e8c9-42e3-aa19-08e2c027f5d6&displaylang=en You write a client-side JavaScript event handler - say myScriptFile.js. Then, in the PowerBuilder ...

PB 11.5.1 (4011)
Hello Everyone, I am getting a strange error when calling a C# Web Service in PB 11.5.1 (4011). System.OutOfMemoryException When my application starts, I do the following: application global variable n_uploaded_files gnv_uploaded_files open event of application gnv_uploaded_files = CREATE n_uploaded_files n_uploaded_files instance variable s2010_upload_web_service iproxy_webservice SoapConnection iSOAP_connection constructor event of n_uploaded_files isoap_connection = CREATE SoapConnection of_instantiateservice(iproxy_webservice, "s201...

Calling win32api functions from powerbuilder
Hi, I used to use a function called FindWindow in the user.exe windows 3.11 api library. I want to move my app. to a 32 bit app. on windows 95 using pb5.0. How do I declare this function in windows 95 and what library can i find it in? The old declaration syntax was: function int FindWindow (string classname, string window) library "user.exe" Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rohit FUNCTION uint FindWindowA (long classname, & string windowname) LIBRARY "user32.dll" Then add code like the following to your application's open e...

External function call from Powerbuilder
Hi, I am having trouble in calling the function GetUsernameA() function from the Advapi32.dll. GetUsernameA(string lpBuffer, long lpnsize) The function requires a pointer to a string and pointer to a long as arguements. The PB equivalants to this are string and long. IF I call this function it returns only the size (lpnsize) and not the lpBuffer. Can somebody help me in this. I am stuck with this Thanks in advance Vinod Thomas Vinod -- You need to preallocate space for the name and pass the amount of space in the 'size' argument. Something like this: // func...

PowerBuilder called from Web Page
I open a PB App from a link on a web page (using the ActiveXControl)...that was successful when the user double clicks on a row, I want to open another Browser instance and pass it args.....when done...let the calling window know...and then return to the original Web Page...(all the while interwacting with a Data Base) I realize this is a broad question but...what do I need to use/do/consider/have....etc. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ J. Christopher McCauley PDMS General Physics Corporation (925) 363 9672 (Fax) (925) 363 9669 jc_mccauley@mindspring.com On Fri, 7 Dec ...

Function call from Powerbuilder DLL
Hi All, I am using poerbuilder(6.5) created DLL(Machine code) and i have following code in VB to call function from that DLL. Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim pbo As New PBCOM.CoMsg Dim ret As Integer ->ret = pbo.of_status(6) 'This line got error message End Sub Error message : Run Time Error 429 ActiveX component cant create object. Here is PB DLL detail: PB COM Server File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.dll Interface Definition File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.idl PB COM Server Type: In Process Server Object :uo_msg COM ClassName:CoMsg Program ID:PB60CO...

Calling a Java function from PowerBuilder
Hi all, We need to call a Java function from within PowerBuilder. I realize PB 6.5 can generate Java code but how do we call the functions? We know we can write an external function call to a C program which can make the call. Is there a better way? Thanks. Andy Egleston Is it a running applet or application that can be listening for requests on a socket? You could use a socket OCX and communicate with it from PB that way. Carson ________________________________________________ Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. Te...

PowerBuilder and OLEObject Function Calls...
Hello PowerBuilders, I got a OLE Object in which I use one of the Functions to Open a Specific Dialog. Where the user can type in some data. I think after about one minute in the Dialog, PowerBuilder brings up the message "Error calling external Function...". Is it possible to raise the timout, PowerBuilder waits for a correct return out of the function ? I am using PowerBuilder 7 Build 7023... Thanks in Advance, Andreas Eibegger andreas.eibegger@grz.andritz.com The default timeout is 5 minutes. If you want to make it longer than that, look at the SetAutoma...

PowerBuilder Web PB and JAWS
I hope someone can help me with this. I am trying to do a sample JAWS application. I downloaded a document working with jaws I went threw all the steps of adding Jaws70.jar files then installed servlet it told me to do. did the installed pakages on JagWebPB. All this work fine but when I typed in the url http://localhost:8080/servlet/Jaws I get a 404 page cannot be found. If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. Thanks (EAServer Newbie) Do you have a listener configured for port 8080 on localhost? Can you see the Jaguar doc when you go to just http://loc...

Calling a Powerbuilder function from C++ DLL
Hi All, I need to execute a powerbuilder function from a DLL written in Watcom C++ ? Is there a way to do it or any workaround ? My problem is the following : From a function written in Watcom C++ i have to read data from a database table currently connected to a powerbuilder data source. Any help appreciated Stefano Bullo You cannot invoke a PB function externally. The next best thing is to use the SendMessage Win32 API function to trigger a user event on a PB window (use the range of WM_USER to WM_USER+ 74, mapped to pbm_custom01-pbm_custom75). ...

Web.pb repeatedly calling a function?
Has anyone else noticed web.pb calling a function more than once when it was not supposed to? The HTML specifies a GET, not a POST but we are getting the same function called 2x, 2 seconds apart. We are still using PB 5.0.2 on a WIN95 box. This is causing some serious problems.. any ideas? Julie Kirk Applied Creative Technologies, Inc jlkirk@actinc.org Is the function returning a BLOB result. Web.PB has special rules for functions that return BLOBs. In essence it calls repeatedly until it gets a NULL blob. This allows you to send binary data in chunks. Dave Julie Le...

Calling function in web.pb window
Hi I have a PowerBuilder window witch I use in a program called InTouch On my window i have a function (of_test) witch takes a string as argument. From VisuslBasic i can call the function like this: 'start of code Dim args(1) Dim numarg Dim thefunc args(0) = "Test of function" thefunc = "of_test" numarg = 1 PBRX1.InvokePBFunction thefunc, numarg, args ' end of code This is taken from example in "Using the PowerBuilder internet tools" page 131 and works great My problem is that InTouch doesn't support arrays. Is there a...

Calling OCX specific functions in Powerbuilder
Hi Can anybody help me to include an OCX in my application. I am able to insert the control in a window but I don�t know how to call its functions. Maybe sombody can help Thanks Joachim To access a method or property in an OCX control, you would do something like this; ocx_1.Object.propertyhere = xxx li_Return = ocx_1.Object.function ( xxx, xxx, xxxx ) The properties and methods you call depend (greatly!) on the OCX that you are using. C ya! Brez Andrew Bereznak abereznak@pkms.com Joachim Vorwerg wrote in article <01bc8dff$e5d5c420$9825e8c3@vorwerg>... >...

Calling wininet functions in Powerbuilder 9
Hi everybody! I want to download a file from an URL using local external functions within wininet.dll. ( I must use this dll because the application is working on different OS from windows 98 til windows XP ) I used to do it with a FTP connection. Now I want to use HTTP instead of FTP. First question : Is it possible? If yes, wich function within the dll should I call to download the file on my hard disk? If anybody has an example..... best regards Steph ...

Web resources about - Calling a PowerBuilder Function... - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles