Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database

I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier
applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0.  I would like
the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work.  I was told that this
is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed
Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to
access the MS Access database.  Help!

0
James_Hardaway
9/13/1999 5:30:09 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access.  You
deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB.
Read more on distributed PB and Web.PB in particular.

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:30:09 -0500,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb
 <James_Hardaway@email.msn.com> wrote:
>I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier
>applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0.  I would like
>the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work.  I was told that this
>is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed
>Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to
>access the MS Access database.  Help!

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]            | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com   | http://www.kforce.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm

Bruce

4 Layered Web Application for Inserting data into a database using sql server as the back end and a web form as the front end using C#
4 Layered Web Application for Inserting data into a database using sql server as the back end and a web form as the front end using C# . Can someone provide with code as I am new to this architecture and framework. Better send email. Thanks In Advance, A New Bie I suggest taking a look at the Time Tracker Starter Kit (v1.x or x2.0) or the Issue Tracker Starter Kit (v1.x).  Full source code is available.  Click on the Downloads tab above to find them.  These are not exactly what you are looking for, but perhaps they will help you get started.Terri MortonEngagement Manag...

Using DSN to access ASE12.5 database from a MS ACCESS DB
I recently installed a Sybase ASE12.5 server. After that, I was able to set up an ODBC DSN. However, when I created a hot link from my ACCESS db, I was able to see the table list displayed. I then selected a table, and click on the 'OK' button, immediately I received the following error: Reserverd error (-7747): there is no message for this error. My machine is a WIN2000 machine. I have done the same thing for ASE11.9 and ASE12.0 and have never run into this problem. So, can someone ran into the same probelm and have solution? -- Peter Lo peter.lo@tra...

Accessing the database
Hi I'd like to know if the following is the best way to allow for catching exceptions! I have a class separate from my web form stuff which accesses the database and so that I can use the Response.Write to display exception messages when accessing the database I have added System.Web.UI.Page to the class TaskDB as follows: public class TaskDB : System.Web.UI.Page { public OleDbDataReader GetTaskDetails(String projectname) { //code to setup accessing the database is here try { myConnection.Open(); myReader = myCommand.ExecuteReader(C...

How to connect MS Access Database on Web Server with ASP.NET web site?
Hi,  I am creating an ASP.NET web site to get data from Access Database on web server for showing on the web page. How can I connect to the Database on the web server using web.config or .aspx file? Thank you and have a nice day.   Take a look at http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/default.aspxSelect your preferred language from the top right corner and then click on "Start the ASP.NET QuickStart Tutorial" When you're there, along the right side is a menu, in the middle section "Preview of ASP.NET 2.0" the sec...

Error in Creating a Web Page to Display Access Database Data in Visual web developer
I am new to visual web developer . I created the page by simply dragging the  grid view and data access component into the design page like what is mentioned in walkthrough of visual web developer help .While I am creating a web page using access database following error is displayed. A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'http://localhost/AccessSample/Default.aspx'. Line... <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %> -^ My operating system is Windows XP professional. I will appreci...

Data Access using MS Access Database
I am writing an application I am writing in VS 2005 Web Developer.  I have been able to connect to my Access Database just fine, but I am having trouble pulling rows from the database.  I have a drop down list in order to choose an employee.  After the employee is picked I need to copy their address, city, state, and zip ifrom my table into text boxes on the form.  I have looked for a week now, but nothing goes beyond just the connection itself.  I can find plenty using sql, but not access.  Can anyone help? Most of the SQL examples you will find for use ...

Urgent ! How to execute windows scheduled tasks (like back of the ms access database) from web page.
Hello, frnds Plz Help me. I have manually created a task of taking ms access database backup which will be executed every day. But now i want to execute manually by giving command from web application. So, plz tell me how to execute scheduled task from web application. It's urgent.deepak Go through these... http://forums.asp.net/t/1364421.aspxhttp://www.asp.net/AJAX/Documentation/Live/mref/T_System_Web_UI_Timer.aspxRegards,Ram Reddy Mekha, +91-994-840-4315http://abhiramreddymekha.blogspot.comPlease Mark as Answer if the post helps you....

I can't access the Apache management tools via webmanager I can access the default admin web page (NW6.5), but not using
I can't access the Apache management tools via webmanager I can access the default admin web page (NW6.5), but not using https://ipaddress:2200. A port scan of the server shows that it isn't listening on 2200. I have also used the TCPCON to verify no 2200. I have reinstalled tomcat and apache. I have also tried: ap2webdn admsrvdn tcadmdn tc4stop delete sys:\tomcat\4\work\network admin and standalone ap2webup admsrvup tcadmup tomcat4 (The exercise above creates a new directory structure, but no files within). Where do I look to get this to listen on 2200? ...

Please help, I can't create a connection between my web page and database in MS-Access/Sql-Server
Hi all , Recently I was trying to establish a connection between my web page and the database made in MS-Access/SQL-server. But all my efforts were in vain at last. Please help me to do this. Write all the steps. Looking for a perfect solution.  Thanking,Kristian  Which is it? Access or SQL Server?  Here's a tutorial for Access: http://msconline.maconstate.edu/tutorials/aspnet20/default.htm Connection stirngs for all types of database can be found here: http://www.connectionstrings.com  Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site hopefully u are us...

Are Access databases okay to use on the web?
I've been programming in Perl and PHP with MySQL on Linux for several years.  Now that I'm expanding into the Windows world, I have some questions before I start to build some things I've been thinking about. Are Access database files really okay to use for a web site?  I built an small web application for a lightly-visited web site that used ASP.NET and an Access database file but for a site that will have more traffic (but certainly not the likes of amazon.com), is Access a good idea?  Can it keep up with a higher transaction load than simply displaying small...

Usage of MS access database in web
Hi everybody,              Iam using Access database in my web application. I faced a problem that access database is only allow some specific number of users .Iam using that database as read-only, no updates to data .After reading so many articles in web i come to know SQL server is best database for web applications which having high stress and concurrency.This SQL server requires licensing but iam not able to spend that much amount.Is there any solution, that access database will work in this kind of situation? If yo...

ms access database on a web host ?
 I am following along with the examples in a book where the authors use a Microsoft Access database.in such a manner <asp:AccessDataSource Id="AccessDataSource1" DataFile="~/App_Data/Datafile.mdb ...  /> I copied the Access file to my Virtual Directory on my web host, but I am getting an error which basically saysthat there is an error with my web.config file.  But what? There is tons of information about what to do about Sql Server but I am not finding much about Ms Access.   You can get information about connecting to various databa...

MS Access Database in web matrix.
Hi, I am not a professional web developer but my Hobby is developing website / Application. I am yet to develop any dynamic website. I am in the process of doing so.I Learnt how to develop asp.net files using web matrix and MSDN database. It was perfectly fine in this environment.Now I am shifting towards, Web Matrix and MS ACCESS (.mdb) database. (In Web matrix web server). No error is reported, But the database is not updated.Any Suggestions?Can any body help.Thanks in AdvanceThiru Thiru--Regarding this... Thiru wrote:...I Learnt how to develop asp.net files using web matrix an...

Accessing web service (that accesses a database in windows authentication mode)
Hi, We have a situation where we created a web service on one of the servers. This web service accesses a SQL Server database in 'windows authentication' mode. When we access the web service from within the server, it works fine but when we try to acess the web service from within the LAN or outside, it is failing to access the database. We are using IIS 5.0.  Please let us know if we have to make any setting changes for this to work. Thanks RS   sb_rs:This web service accesses a SQL Server database in 'windows authentication' mode. When we access the web se...

Web resources about - Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles