Trying to get file creation date

Hi All,
Perhaps someone can help.

I am attempting to get the file creation date from a bunch
of pdfs in a folder.  Using the following pfc code
of_getcreationdate is failing.

date ld_filedate

//The following objects are declared as instance variables

//Don't know if this was neeeded
platformservice = create n_cst_platform
f_setplatform(platformservice, TRUE)

inv_filesrv = create n_cst_filesrv

li_rc = f_setFilesrv(inv_filesrv, TRUE)
//the return code is 0

ls_centercode = lstr_client.centercode
ls_clientid = lstr_client.clientid
ls_filespec = "*.pdf"
ls_filePath = "C:\LCOS\InquiryImages\" + ls_centerCode +
ls_clientid +   ls_filespec //"*.pdf"

//Getting the filenames into a listbox
lb_image_list.DirList( ls_filepath ,0)
li_numitems = lb_image_list.totalitems()

//getting the filenames out of the listbox and attempting to
get //the filedates
for li_cnt = 1 to li_numitems
	lb_image_list.selectItem(li_cnt)
	ls_item = lb_image_list.selecteditem()
	ls_item =  "C:\LCOS\InquiryImages\" + ls_item
	li_rc = inv_filesrv.of_getcreationdate(ls_item,
ld_filedate)
next

//My li_rc is returning -1 and the refeenced date is null

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?  I have tried the
win32 versions of the objects with no difference.
Using PB 11.1 with PFC.  ASA 9  on Windows XP pro
0
Melvyn

You can take a look at / run the PFC Examples application and see if this works there.

Arnd

<Melvyn Polatchek> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4cab6d4b.2035.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi All,
> Perhaps someone can help.
>
> I am attempting to get the file creation date from a bunch
> of pdfs in a folder.  Using the following pfc code
> of_getcreationdate is failing.
>

> date ld_filedate
>
> //The following objects are declared as instance variables
>

> //Don't know if this was neeeded
> platformservice = create n_cst_platform
> f_setplatform(platformservice, TRUE)
>
> inv_filesrv = create n_cst_filesrv
>
> li_rc = f_setFilesrv(inv_filesrv, TRUE)
> //the return code is 0
>
> ls_centercode = lstr_client.centercode
> ls_clientid = lstr_client.clientid
> ls_filespec = "*.pdf"
> ls_filePath = "C:\LCOS\InquiryImages\" + ls_centerCode +
> ls_clientid +   ls_filespec //"*.pdf"
>
> //Getting the filenames into a listbox
> lb_image_list.DirList( ls_filepath ,0)
> li_numitems = lb_image_list.totalitems()
>

> //getting the filenames out of the listbox and attempting to
> get //the filedates
> for li_cnt = 1 to li_numitems
> lb_image_list.selectItem(li_cnt)
> ls_item = lb_image_list.selecteditem()
> ls_item =  "C:\LCOS\InquiryImages\" + ls_item
> li_rc = inv_filesrv.of_getcreationdate(ls_item,
> ld_filedate)
> next
>
> //My li_rc is returning -1 and the refeenced date is null
>
> Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?  I have tried the
> win32 versions of the objects with no difference.
> Using PB 11.1 with PFC.  ASA 9  on Windows XP pro

0
Arnd

How to get the creation date of a file
I know this is a simple stupid question for all of you but I couldn't find the solution how to get the creation/modification date of a file I would like to import to a datawindow. Thanks for the answer Yossarian If you have access to the PFC, have a look at the pfc_n_cst_filesrvwin32 functions. Otherwise, you can use the FindFirstFile Win32 API, described in http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/winbase/filesio_4qcl.htm --- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://www.sybase.com/sdn On Fri, 19 Nov 1999 18:57:44 +0200,...

How to get the file creation date
Hello! Is there a way to get file informations like filesize or creation date ??? Tia Roman Tuder Vienna / Austria filesize you can get using FileLength("filename") For other information, including creation date, you need to use API functions. For details, have a look at the PFC file service object pfc_n_cst_filesrvwin32. Even if you aren't using PFC, you can get the correct syntax etc from here. Simon Roman Tuder wrote in message ... >Hello! > > >Is there a way to get file informations like filesize or creation date ??? > &g...

How to get file creation/modification date
Would someone please help, I need to get the creation date of a PBD file on the client's C: drive. I suppose I have to use WIndows API call, funtion GetFileTime() The syntax is as follows: GetFileTime(HANDLE hfile, LPFILETIME lpftcreation, NULL, NULL) I know that I have to declare the above function, GetFileTime( ) , as a local external function. I do not know how to call this function from PB script. How do I find the HANDLE of a PBD file before calling the above function? Thanks so much, Teresa; teresa_nk@yahoo.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==...

Listing a Windows file, getting creation date
------_=_NextPart_001_01C51A7D.9FA6043A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, =20 I am very new to Perl. I have had assembler and Rexx experience on a mainframe. I would like to be able to use Perl to list a directory, get the propeties of the files (eg. date created), and keep the newest 3. The reason I want to do this is because I am running a UDB system that creates weekly backups. The backups never get deleted unless I do that by hand. I would like to keep the 3 newest UDB backups. Any help, in any dire...

Getting a file's creation date
How do I get a file's creation date w/ PB? Is there a function in the PFCs? or do I have to make an API call? TIA DG Donnie, Have a look at the of_GetCreationxxx functions in n_cst_filesrv. HTH, Greg -- ______________________________ Gregory R. George Greg_George@AscensionLabs.com Ascension Labs, LLC www.AscensionLabs.com Donnie Guedry wrote in message ... >How do I get a file's creation date w/ PB? Is there a function in the PFCs? >or do I have to make an API call? > >TIA > >DG > > Thank you. Gregory R. Georg...

Program to globally change all files creation dates to match themselves from/to each files modified date stamp?
I see there are lots of timestamp changing programs that do all kinds of things, I've tried many over time, but, (read carefully) is there a program that has the unique option to globally change all files creation dates to match themselves from/to each files modified date stamp? On 03/16/2011 12:39 AM, RickC wrote: > I see there are lots of timestamp changing programs that do all kinds of > things, I've tried many over time, but, (read carefully) is there a program > that has the unique option to globally change all files creation dates to > match them...

New Files/Folders get creation date five hours in the future
....which is exactly the difference between GMT and my timezone. NW65 SP5, using xntp for time synchronization against an internal server that's synced to tock.usno.navy.mil. eDir is in synch and all my servers have identical time. The strange thing is, the server time IS correct. It's only new files/folders that get created "in the future" This happens on all volumes, using Windows, FTP, NFS, CIFS. It just started yesterday and I've not changed anything except a few server certificates. SET Daylight Savings Time Offset = 1:00:00 SET Start Of Dayli...

Getting File details i.e. date, size etc. as viewed in windows explorer, through the powerbuilder
Hi, Can anyone please suggest me some easy way to Get file details i.e. date, size etc. as viewed in windows explorer, through the powerbuilder for all files in some selected directory. Thanks in advance. Regards, Sunil Dangwal Use the FindFirstFileA API: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/sdkdoc/winbase/filesio_4qcl.htm Sunil Dangwal wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone please suggest me some easy way to Get file details > i.e. date, size etc. as viewed in windows explorer, through the powerbuilder > for all files in some selected directo...

Downloaded file date matches creation date
Name: Eivydas Vilcinskas Email: lilymasteratgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Downloaded file date matches creation date Comments: I am using the new Developer Preview Alpha 2 and noticed that downloaded files have the date matching their original creation date. Is there any way to change this to the old behavior where the date matched the download date? This would make more sense if you are using external file viewer (Total CMD in this case) to browse the downloads and sort by date. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.3a2) Gecko/2010...

how to get date created of file while uploading any file
Hi, I am using FileUpload control in C# to upload files into database in my web application. My requirement is that I need to have Date Created, Date Modified and Last Access date of the file being uploaded and store the same into my database. I used "System.IO.File.GetCreationTime(finfo.FileName).ToShortDateString();" which is working fine in my local system. But after deploying on my webserver, it is giving me only "12/31/1600". Does any one know any work around this? Regards,Krunal hi doshi_krunaln, If you ar eusing ToShortDateString(0 function it will always re...

How to get the Create Date and Modified Date of a file
Does anybody know how to get the Create Date and Modified Date of a file, having the path and filename. Any help is greatly appreciated. I don't know the answer, but a guy named Vikas probably does. Hopefully he will read your post and give you a better clue. I am also interested in the answer to this question. Here is a post he wrote a while ago about how to find a particular file: Hi, Is the name of the file is fixed? and the path of the file may vary from time-to time? If yes, then you can use windows API function FindFirstFile() to search for the path of your file. The...

need file creation and/or modification date in file upload
Name: ilaksh Email: ithkuilatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: need file creation and/or modification date in file upload Comments: file upload needs to provide creation and/or modification date. otherwise each attach document will need to be manually dated by the user. tried to use new multiple file upload html 5 feature, can't because no creation date, have to use swfupload. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/533.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/5.0.375.86 Safari/533.4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to re...

Web resources about - Trying to get file creation date - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Institute for Creation Research - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Institute for Creation Research (ICR) is a Christian apologetics institute in Dallas , Texas that specializes in education, research, and ...

Scientists call for a creation of task force to classify ageing as a disease
Classifying ageing as a disease pushes scientists to call for a creation of a task force to carefully evaluate the basis for the idea.

Hilarious bug report complaining about the creation of Android in 2007
There are many things about Android that makes it my operating system of choice, namely that it gives me choice, and lots of it. Another big ...

Calls for the Creation of the World’s First Official Safe Sex Emojis
DUREX&reg; calls for the creation of the world's first official safe sex emojis in advance of World AIDS Day on December 1. Use #CondomEmoji ...

Florida: 2nd In Job Creation As Unemployment Continues to Fall
CBS Local Florida: 2nd In Job Creation As Unemployment Continues to Fall CBS Local Interior Secretary Ken Salazar (R) greets construction ...

The future of hit TV series creation
Inside the making of successful TV shows with some of the best creators in the business

'Mythbusters' co-host: Creation Museum 'not even wrong'
The topic of Greater Cincinnati’s very own Creation Museum probably didn't come up during the local stop of “MythBusters,” because, as Adam Savage ...

Five reasons job creation is so weak
Here are five reasons why the economy is creating so few jobs, says Peter Morici.

Don't blame Carly. No Republican can defend their party's job creation record
In last week’s debate, Carly Fiorina received a question that no Republican candidate could possibly answer: In seven years under President ...

Facebook brings 360-degree videos to iOS as content creation ramps up
Even more people will be able to enjoy and create 360-degree videos for Facebook.