SetTransObject and Linkage

I have the below on the constructor even of a user object (Tabpage)
But I still get the error message of need to call settrans.
Can retrieve the data for each dw but when using the linkage service
then this error appears.

uo_tr_dcdg luo_1
luo_1 =create uo_tr_dcdg
connect using luo_1;

dw_1.of_SetLinkage(true)
dw_3.of_SetLinkage(true)
dw_4.of_SetLinkage(true)

if dw_1.inv_linkage.of_setmaster(dw_3 ) = -1 then
	Messagebox("Error","of_setmaster failed")
End If
If dw_1.inv_linkage.of_Register("id","id")= -1 then
	MessageBox("error","dw_1 register failed")
End If

if dw_4.inv_linkage.of_setmaster(dw_3 ) = -1 then
	Messagebox("Error","of_setmaster failed")
End If
If dw_4.inv_linkage.of_Register("id","cust_id")= -1 then
	MessageBox("error","dw4 register failed")
End If

dw_3.inv_linkage.of_SetTransObject( luo_1 )
dw_1.inv_linkage.of_SetStyle(dw_1.inv_linkage.RETRIEVE)
dw_3.inv_linkage.of_SetStyle(dw_3.inv_linkage.RETRIEVE)
dw_4.inv_linkage.of_SetStyle(dw_4.inv_linkage.RETRIEVE)
0
MJN

PFC Sort vs. PFC Linkage
I have a datawindow which I used the PFC Sort service on, only to use the column heading type sort. This worked fine. Then I set up the same datawindow to use the PFC Linkage service, using the filter feature. This particular datawindow was the master. Now the linkage filtering works but the column header sort no longer works. I commented out the linkage code and then the sort works. Are both of these services not meant to work together? TIA, Melissa Talarico ...

To PFC or Not To PFC
I'm returning to PB development after about 7 years in management and I'm trying to figure out how PFC fits into the current PB world. I used it with 6.5 and thought it was great (though sometimes a little complex, especially when debigging). It seems that Sybase doesn't push it anymore and I think I saw a post that said it hasn't changed since 8.0(?). I'll be developing an app for commercial sale and I think PB is perfect since I think I can get more done in a shorter period of time with PB than with anything else. I especially like that PB's future leads...

PFC ? Not PFC ?
I am about to start a very big application and would like to know whether to use PFC or not. Is it not a good idea if we are only using a very small portion of the PFC functionalities? What are the benefits of using PFC? What are the disadvantage of using it? We already have development problem because it is too slow to bring up the object and window list in the dubugger. Please advise. loser , To Use or Not to Use? I dont have an answer for you there but, a solution to your speed of the debug issue is the following. We have found that keeping copies of the PFC, PFD, and PFE p...

PFC Linkage
If I am assigning the key for the master DW in the pfc_preupdate event, how do I utilize the DataWindow linkage service to update the detail DWs. I am getting a Null value unless I specifically set the item in the detail windows. Thanks I m using this approach (with autoincremented keys) calling these functions in the updateend event of the master datawindow this is juss a guideline you can evolve it in your own way.. if get into trouble.. pls ask me. //get reference to details dw_master.inv_linkage.of_GetDetails(ldw_details) //update each detail foreign key //get th...

PowerBuilder/PFC and EAServer
Is anyone out there developing an EAServer-based application with a PowerBuilder/PFC front-end? In the client-server days, we could depend on a database connection being around typically for the life of the application. This worked great for PFC applications, as much of the PFC relies on this connection. With the advent of EAServer and n-tier, however, we are supposed to develop middle-tier functionality that connects to the db only as needed and only for as long as needed. We are having a problem integrating the PFC (with it's dependency on the db) with middle-tier components d...

pfc linkage problem
I have a window with one tablular form dw which gives the "reader's digest" version from a large database table. I am going to set up a u_tab user object with several freeform tabpages to reflect the "unabridged" detail from the same database table. Right now i only have one tabpage in the user object until i can get the "reader's digest" (dw_master) to sync with the one tab page when i scroll to the row in the master dw. Right now i can't get it to sync. I have 6 rows of data for testing and each time I scroll to another row in dw_master th...

PFC Linkage Service
I'm having some trouble using the Linkage service. I have used this before on Master/Detail windows by using of_SetUseColLinks(2) (retrieve). But when I try to filter, of_SetUseColLinks(1), I can't get it to work. What do I have to change to use filtering? I'm also using the CornerStone extensions if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any help! Bret Hi Bret, Not really sure about the CornerStone. What exactly is not working? Are the of_setarguments() in sync as far as the column names for both dWs? Daria L. Bullock famu1982@msn.com Bret A. Bartz <...

PowerBuilder, PFC, and PVCS
Can anyone who has experience using PowerBuilder, PFC, and PVCS give me some insight into the best way to set up a shop where multiple developers, working on multiple applications, are using the same copy of the PFC libraries? Are the PFC objects versioned under a separate PVCS project database, or under each application, or?? Do you utilize the promotion model facility available in PVCS? If so, how do you implement it? Thanks for any help you can give. We worked with a common set of PFC libraries, and a corporate extension layer. These libraries were shared among a...

PFC Linkage Bug!!!
I ran into a problem with the PFC Linkage Service and I just want to see if this problem can be confirmed by someone else. I am using the PFC Linkage Service to link 5 datawindows. One is the master. The method of link is 2 (retrieve). Because the retrieve for all the linked datawindows are slow, the scrolling of the master datawindow slows down to a crawl. To get around this, I thought I could link, refresh the linked datawindows, and unlink again. This seem to fix my problem except after I do this a few times, I get an "array out of bound" error. After a bit of re...

PFC and distributed PowerBuilder
Hi all. Anyone know where to find information, how to build distributed applications with PowerBuilder and PFC? Regards Stefan Uhlin /ConNova I think you are looking into one of those support gaps. I had no luck finding someone who know both areas when I built my first application. PitFall #1. The connection_begin/ _end events for the PFC application objects is where the CREATE/DESTROY for the APP-MANAGER needs to be. This is needed to get addressing to work - each session is in its own work-space. There are no indications of this anywhere other than searching PB's ...

PFC linkage
PFC linkage service - deleting One more question on th elinkage service... Now I am trying to delete a row in the master and the associated detail rows. I call the pfc_deleterow(ll_row). I get an error message indicating a DB constrain violation due to a foreign key between master/detail. Why? Before I delete I set the update style to BOTTOMUP (..or is does this function only works for updates???) so that my detail gets deleted first: tab_char.tabpage_char_info.dw_master.inv_linkage.of_SetUpdateStyle ( tab_char.tabpage_char_info.dw_master.inv_linkage.BOTTOMUP ) ...

Doubt about powerbuilder
Dear sir/madam, What are the steps to call nested reports thru PFC in the 3 tier architecture which as jaquar as mid. Regards, Sudarshan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

PFC Linkage Service
Hi, I'm using the PFC linkage service fro my master and detail datawindows. I had thought that the id of the master would automatically get set in the detail when I call pfc_save but that is not happening. Do I need to set the foreign key in the detail in the pre_update event or am I not setting up the linakge service correctly? This is the code that sets up the linkage service: //------------------------------------------------------- //Setup the linkage service //------------------------------------------------------- tab_char.tabpage_char_info.dw_test_info.of_setL...

PFC LINKAGE
I am using PFC 5.0.2 and have two u_dw controls linked on the same window. They work fine except for during the initial retrieves. The master dw displays its rows fine, but since the current row is one I would expect the detail dw to show the corresponding rows for row one. It does not. If I change rows or add a row and change back to row one it works. I tried various means of coding around it, such as sending a pfc_rowfocuschange event, etc. The of_retrievedetails() function in n_cst_linkage looks promising but it is protected... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Web resources about - SetTransObject and Linkage - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc