Question about migrating a pfc application from 6.0 to 7.0

Hi:

We have a PFC appliction developed using Power Builder 6.0. The
application includes 3 layers - 6.0 pfc pbls, pfe pbls and pbls we
created. We did not make any change to 6.0 pfc or pfe pbls.
Now we are migrating application from 6.0 to 7.0. My question is that
what pbls we should include
in the application. Should we simply inculde the 7.0 pfc, pfe and our
pbls or should we customize
migrated pfe pbls and use 7.0 pfc pbls, customized pfe pbls and pbls we
created? We checked Sybase web page , but we did not found any
information on how to migrate a PFC appliction from 6.0 to 7.0.
Anyone knows where we can get more information that may help us!
Thanks in advance for any response!

Jian Q. Kuang

0
Jian

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:13:57 -0400, Jian Kuang <jkuang@vitinc.com>
wrote:

>We have a PFC appliction developed using Power Builder 6.0. The
>application includes 3 layers - 6.0 pfc pbls, pfe pbls and pbls we
>created. We did not make any change to 6.0 pfc or pfe pbls.

Where is the 3rd layer located?  Did you insert it between PFC and PFE
or did you inherit from PFE?

The major change in PFC 7.0 was the replacement of object level
structures by AI NVOs .   This should not cause  errors diring the
migration process, but the NVO's do use a different variable name, co
if you have overridden any PFC events and copied the code you will
have to change it to reference the NVO variables.  See the readme.txt
for more info.
 --

  Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
  mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com

  Dynamic Technology Group, Inc.
  http://www.dynamictechgroup.com/
0
Boris
10/19/1999 2:52:29 PM
Dear Boris:
    Thanks for your reply. The 3rd layer is inherited from PFE layer. We
do not make any change to pbls in 6.0 pfc/pfe layers. I copied pbls of the
3rd layer and 6.0 pfc/pfe layers to a directory and did upgrade. Now I am
not sure what pfc/pfe pbls I should include in the application. Should I
use 7.0 pfc/pfe pbls or should I customize migrated 6.0 pfc/pfe pbls and
use them in the application?

Jian Q. Kuang

Boris Gasin [TeamSybase] wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:13:57 -0400, Jian Kuang <jkuang@vitinc.com>
> wrote:
>

> >We have a PFC appliction developed using Power Builder 6.0. The
> >application includes 3 layers - 6.0 pfc pbls, pfe pbls and pbls we
> >created. We did not make any change to 6.0 pfc or pfe pbls.
>
> Where is the 3rd layer located?  Did you insert it between PFC and PFE
> or did you inherit from PFE?
>
> The major change in PFC 7.0 was the replacement of object level
> structures by AI NVOs .   This should not cause  errors diring the
> migration process, but the NVO's do use a different variable name, co
> if you have overridden any PFC events and copied the code you will
> have to change it to reference the NVO variables.  See the readme.txt
> for more info.
>  --
>
>   Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
>   mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com
>     ___
>   ____   _
>  _____    _
>   ____   _
>     ___
>
>   Dynamic Technology Group, Inc.
>   http://www.dynamictechgroup.com/

0
Jian
10/21/1999 1:25:30 PM
Jian,

Switch out the PFC and PFE pbl's with the version 7 pbl's. You'll have to
review all your customizations to see if they are impacted by the PFC7
changes. To see exactly what was changed in PFC7 go to www.pbdr.com and
download PBDelta. Its a great tool for comparing objects.

Regards,

John Olson [TeamSybase]          john.olson@bigfoot.com
Developower, Inc.                        developower@bigfoot.com
www.developower.com
---- All support communications via News Group please ----
Jian Kuang wrote in message <380F1449.B5B5E664@vitinc.com>...
>Dear Boris:
>    Thanks for your reply. The 3rd layer is inherited from PFE layer. We
>do not make any change to pbls in 6.0 pfc/pfe layers. I copied pbls of the
>3rd layer and 6.0 pfc/pfe layers to a directory and did upgrade. Now I am
>not sure what pfc/pfe pbls I should include in the application. Should I
>use 7.0 pfc/pfe pbls or should I customize migrated 6.0 pfc/pfe pbls and
>use them in the application?
>
>Jian Q. Kuang
>

>Boris Gasin [TeamSybase] wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:13:57 -0400, Jian Kuang <jkuang@vitinc.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >We have a PFC appliction developed using Power Builder 6.0. The
>> >application includes 3 layers - 6.0 pfc pbls, pfe pbls and pbls we
>> >created. We did not make any change to 6.0 pfc or pfe pbls.
>>
>> Where is the 3rd layer located?  Did you insert it between PFC and PFE
>> or did you inherit from PFE?
>>
>> The major change in PFC 7.0 was the replacement of object level
>> structures by AI NVOs .   This should not cause  errors diring the
>> migration process, but the NVO's do use a different variable name, co
>> if you have overridden any PFC events and copied the code you will
>> have to change it to reference the NVO variables.  See the readme.txt
>> for more info.
>>  --
>>
>>   Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
>>   mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com
>>     ___
>>   ____   _
>>  _____    _
>>   ____   _
>>     ___
>>
>>   Dynamic Technology Group, Inc.
>>   http://www.dynamictechgroup.com/

0
John

Question about migrating a PFC application from 6.0 to 7.0
Hi: We have a PFC appliction developed using Power Builder 6.0. The application includes 3 layers - 6.0 pfc pbls, pfe pbls and pbls we created. We did not make any change to 6.0 pfc or pfe pbls. Now we are migrating application from 6.0 to 7.0. My question is that what pbls we should include in the application. Should we simply inculde the 7.0 pfc, pfe and our pbls or should we customize migrated pfe pbls and use 7.0 pfc pbls, customized pfe pbls and pbls we created? We checked Sybase web page , but we did not found any information on how to migrate a PFC appliction from 6.0 to 7.0...

Problem migrating PFC 6.0 to 7.0
I developed my application PB 6.0 and am now converting to PB 7.0. Unfortunately, it's a PFC based application: does anybody have a quick list of the PFC changes between 6.0 and 7.0? (If I include both sets of PFC I'm fine; with just the 7.0 I get lists of errors.) Thanks! Vanessa Cain vcain@olanmills.com On Tue, 9 Nov 1999 10:43:57 -0500, "Michele Olson" <michele_olson@olanmills.com> wrote: > >I developed my application PB 6.0 and am now converting to PB 7.0. >Unfortunately, it's a PFC based application: does anybody have a quick list...

Migration problems from PFC 5.0.3 to PFC 6.0
On Windows NT4 (SP3) I have a PFC application that works very well on PFC 5.0.03. Since I've migrate my application to PFC 6.0, the guy I see the most on my PC is Dr. Watson reporting: "Exception: access violation (0xc0000005), address 0x7800f9b9. Here is how I migrate my application [3 layers (PFC-PFD-PFE)]: 1) On a virgin copy of the PFC 6.0, I used the PFC library extender to create the PFD layer. 2) Since we putted all the object we modified on the PFD layer in a separate library (PFD_MOD.PBL), I copy that library into the directory, and include it in the search ...

Re: Migration problems from PFC 5.0.3 to PFC 6.0
Hi, Thanks John, you were right: in fact, the problem was into a DropDownDataWindow, NOT IN THE PFC. I explain: The main source is that I want to be able to put back a null value inside a DDDW, even if the user had selected something and tab out the field. For that, I used the following SQL (in the DataWindow used by the DDDW): SELECT "system"."system_id", "system"."system_description" FROM "system" UNION SELECT null, '' In the DDDW, the null value become available inside t...

Upgrading PFC from 6.5 to 8.0
Hi, I am upgrading a PFC-based application from PowerBuilder/PFC 6.5 to PowerBuilder/PFC 8.0. I don't have PB 7. I have extra extension levels and a lot of extension-level customization. The readme.txt file included with PFC 8 tells me what changed between PFC 7 and PFC 8. However, I need to know what changed between PFC 6.5 and PFC 7. I've searched Sybase's site and I can't find the readme.txt file for PFC 7. I would really appreciate it if someone could send me this file (just the PFC 7 readme file). Thanks Stephanie Giovannini stephanieg@amdocs.com ---== Po...

pfc and migration from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0
I am presently migrating an application from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0. This application was originally developed in PB 3.0 by another consulting firm. As you may expect they used their own framework to create this application. I have heard good things about the PFC. From I understand this is the new preferred way to develop apps. I have only heard about the PFC, and have not coded in it. I am not that far in the present migration and I have several months to finish this migration as well as make any desired coding changes. Is it worth it to intregrate the PFC into this migration? Can...

PFC and migration from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0
I am presently migrating an application from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0. This application was originally developed in PB 3.0 by another consulting firm. As you may expect they used their own framework to create this application. I have heard good things about the PFC. From I understand this is the new preferred way to develop apps. I have only heard about the PFC, and have not coded in it. I am not that far in the present migration and I have several months to finish this migration as well as make any desired coding changes. Is it worth it to intregrate the PFC into this migration? Can...

migrating PB PFC application from 6.5 to 7.0
i am about to start migrating an existing PB 6.5 PFC application to PB 7.0 PFc. I was wondering if anyone has done this. If so, is there any special things that i should be looking out for. In this app, we have made changes to extension layer of PFC. Do i need to do anything special in terms of PFc for 7.0 before migrating. Thanks in advance for your help.. -Arun I was wondering if anyone has used this utility for migrating a Pb application to 7.0. I have downloaded the utility but there is no documentation on what it does with regards to PFC layer. What happens to ...

Migrating a PFC based powerbuilder (Ver 8.0) Version application to PB10.0
Hi All, I have a PB application in Version 8.0 based on PFC. We are in the process of migrating that to PB10.0. Can u please tell me where to get the latest PFC libraries for the migration and how to incorporate in the migration. When I use the PFC from Ver 8.0, I am getting the followin errors during EXE creation. PFEMAIN.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_dropdownsearch).3: Warning C0190: Instance variables of local structure type ('os_columns') will be implicitly private in the next release. PFEMAIN.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_querymode).5: Warning C0190: Instance variables o...

Migrating from PFC 5.0 to PFC 8.0
Hi there, i have a problem regarding migrating from PFC 5 to PFC 8.0 When i compile the application i get a lot of errors. (See attached file) What is the problem, do i have to use some of the PFC's in between first? Thanks in advance. begin 666 PFCERRORS.txt M<&9E87!S<G8N<&)L*&Y?8W-T7W!L871F;W)M;6%C*2XR.B!%<G)O<B @(" @ M("!#,# P,3H@26QL96=A;"!D871A('1Y<&4Z(&5G7U]N7V-S=%]P;&%T9F]R M;6UA8PT*<&9E87!S<G8N<&)L*&Y?8W-T7W!L871F;W)M=VEN,38I+C(Z($5R M<F]R(" @(" @($,P,# Q.B!);&QE9...

Pfc and migration from 4.0.07 to 6.0
I am presently migrating an PB application from 4.0.07 to 6.0. This app was originally developed in PB 3.0a by another consulting firm. As you may expect they used their own framework in developing this application. This application was originally rolled out Sept 1994. I have heard that the PFC is the new preferred method in developing apps. I have only heard the different features of the PFC, and have not done any actual coding in it. I am not that far into the migration and I have about two months to complete the migration and make any coding changes. Would it make any sense ...

6.0 to 6.0 migration questions
I am preparing to migrate a 6.0SP5 server to new hardware with the same OS. Yes, I know it's an old OS but the management just laughs at me when I suggest the upgrade. In my test lab, I've run a couple migrations successfully. However, iManager is broken after each migration. Neither IE nor Firefox will display anything using https://[server-ip]:2200/eMFrame/iManage.html. I can get to the Remote Manager but there is no link to iManager. Suggestions? Should I install the live server license on the Pre-Migration server or use the demo license and wait until after the cu...

HELP. Migrate PFC 6.5 to PFC 8.0.
Dear all, I need your assistance. I tried to migrate an PB6.5 application (with PFC and PFE with customized codes) to PB8.0 using the Migration Assistant in PB8.0. After the process is completed, everything seems okay except the PFC6.5. It showed that some PFC6.5 are obsoleted. What is the best way to migrate those obsoleted PFC6.5 or I must rewrite them in PB8.0? Your comments are highly appreciated. Have you looked at the documentation that is in the PFC directory for PB8? The ReadMe docs contain important information about migrating. It contains a couple of notes on obsolet...

Migrating from PFC 6.5 to 7.0
I will soon be migrating our 6.5 PFC application to 7.0 and I have a question. The procedure that I followed to migrate our application from 5.x to 6.x was to take the whole application as is (including the 5.x PFC and PFE objects) and migrate to the new version. Then I copied the 6.x PFC libraries over the migrated ones (leaving the PFE libraries in place). Following this approach for the 6.5 to 7.0 migration seems like it will cause a problem because of the new "Structures must be Private" rule. Won't I have a problem with the 6.5 PFC objects during migration becau...

Web resources about - Question about migrating a pfc application from 6.0 to 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

How to enable Potentially Unwanted Application protection in Windows 8 and Windows 10
... looking for ways to protect their systems, and Microsoft recently unveiled a new opt-in feature to protect against Potentially Unwanted Applications ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...

The 3 Things That Can Happen With Your Early College Application
... Decision to wait as patiently as they can for the next two weeks as email inboxes and snail mail slots fill with the results of all those applications. ...