Problems migrating from PB 5.0.03 to PB 6.5

I am having problems running the my application after migrating it to PB 6.5.
The application was migrated successfully. Then, I added all the new
PFC objects and PBLs as per the guidelines provided by Sybase. The full rebuild
was also successful except for a few warnings about instance variables of
local structure type being implicit in the next release. However, when I start
up the application and try to open any screen having datawindows, it crashes
with Dr. Watson's error.

Did anybody have a similar experience?

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Girish
0
Girish

problem with migration pb 6.5 to pb 6.0
after problems in compilation with pb 6.5, I compile librairies in pb 6.0 and it is ok. But, in menu, letters with accent ("�" or "�" ) become "o". thanks to say me if it's normal... ...

PB 5.03 to PB 6.5 Migration
Hello Let me start with saying I am relatively new to Power Builder. I have inherited an application which was originally a 16 bit app developed in PB 5.03. The application displays scanned *.bmp images of signatures in a BLOB which are tied back to a database of manager names. I was given the task of migrating the app to PB 6.5 and recompiling a 32 bit version. In the 16 bit version the BLOB has a OLE Class set to a "Paint Brush picture" and it displays the *.bmp files fine. In the 32 bit version the BLOB has the OLE Class set to "Package". The selected ima...

Migrating PB 5.03 to PB 6.5
I'm migrating a aplication from PowerBuilder 5.03 to PowerBuilder 6.5. The aplication have pfc. I migrate the aplication with pfc's 5.03. I have this Error: C0159: Conversion of C:\Copia\lista.pbl(d_lst_det_emision_rv_det.dwo) failed. Probable library file I/O error I trink that the problem is the pbl is read-only, but no. When I try to open this object in 5.03 I don't have a problem. I optimize de pbl, I do a Full Rebuild but when I migrate to pb 6.5 I have this error. Another problem is this warning: Warning C0190: Instance variables of local structure type ('os_...

migrating PB 5.03 to PB 6.5
I'm migrating a aplication from PowerBuilder 5.03 to PowerBuilder 6.5. The aplication have pfc. I migrate the aplication with pfc's 5.03. I have this Error: C0159: Conversion of C:\Copia\lista.pbl(d_lst_det_emision_rv_det.dwo) failed. Probable library file I/O error I trink that the problem is the pbl is read-only, but no. When I try to open this object in 5.03 I don't have a problem. I optimize de pbl, I do a Full Rebuild but when I migrate to pb 6.5 I have this error. Another problem is this warning: Warning C0190: Instance variables of local structure type ('os_...

Migrating from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5...
Hello, The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know where to look. Here it is: Object: ue_cie_ie Instance Variables (0031): Error C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE declarations. Is this modified exported source? Any ideas?? Thanks in Advance, Fred. (fred.goldbach@fiserv.com) What's on line 31 of the instance variables? Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote: > The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and...

Migration problem from PB 6.5 to PB 11.5
Dear all, When I try to use the migrate assistant for the mirgration job on pb 6.5 to pb 11.5. Error occure during the migration (using migrate assisant). Powebuilder cause a problem and quit out. Inforamtion that I get from it is signature problem with below information :- AppName: pb115.exe AppVer: 11.5.0.2506 ModName: pbdwe115.dll ModVer: 11.5.0.3127 Offset: 0022a3e6 Any ideas on that ? Thanks -- Free News Reader http://put.hk http://put.hk/reader/forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general.html Before you migrate, I would ... 1) Optimize all you...

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

PB 6.5 Migrated from PB 5.0 Application deployment
I recently migrated a PFC/PFE application from PB 5.04 to 6.5. I have compiled it down to p-code and am able to run the application from both the developement environment & from the EXE on the machine that has PB 5.04 installed on it. When I move the application and the PB 6.5 deployment DLL's to a machine without PB 5.04 on it, it starts asking me for the whole set of PB 5.04 deplymnt DLL's. It's like there is some sort of dependance on PB 5.04 that I didn't break during the migration process. My OS is NT 4.0 SP4 and the application path includes the app/pbd'...

PB 6.5 to PB 8.0 (PFC Migration)
Recently we got PB 8.0 upgrade version and we are planning to move from our large scale PB 6.5 code to PB 8.0. (1) I have migrated part of the code and ran it and works without any problem. (2) Now I need to plan to move our PFC of PB 6.5 to PB 8.0. I have searched sybase site and couldn't able to find anywhere a guide like we had for PB 5.0 to PB 6.5 migration guide. If you have come across any, please send me the url. Thanks and appreciate ur help on this. Check the release notes in the Program Files/Sybase/Powerbuilder X.0/PFC/readmeX0.txt file (where X is the PB major v...

PB 5.0.03 and PB 5.0.04
Hi. Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB 5.0.04 ? You can just install 5.0.04. Make a backup of your pbls prior to installing 5.0.04 in case you need to revert back to the current version. hth, Anthony M. Perugini President Forte Information Systems, Inc. www.ConsultForte.com Having a Bad Day? www.ConsultForte.com/Disgruntled.htm Kleber Pimentel Koti wrote in message ... >Hi. >Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB >5.0.04 ? > > ...

Building exe after migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5
I have copied all my librarries ans so on to a new folder. Then, after the migration have completed, I try to build an exe from my project. I get a list of info. and obsolete messages and accepts this. The build-proces continues but after writing all the objects I get an error: 'Error writing object information'. My question is: What is the meaning with this message?? jal@kmd.dk J�rn Aabel Luckow. ...

Web resources about - Problems migrating from PB 5.0.03 to PB 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

YouTube - Evaluating & Migrating to Cloud Storage
Hochgeladen am 31.08.2011 When evaluating cloud storage, no matter the need, there are criteria that must be placed above the rest, including: ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Enchanting video shows hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters
A video showing hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters&nbsp;has gone viral,&nbsp;months after being uploaded to Facebook.

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great
Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...

More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth
EBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the ...