Problem with required column after migrating from 10.5 to 11.5

I have a column with a DDDW edit style and the required,
allow edit, and empty string is null are all checked.
Clicking off the field now displays the standard value is
required messagebox. I have code in pfc_checkrequirederror
and it's not getting there. I need an idea how to easily
restore the prior behavior.
0
Russ

Hi Russ;

    Did you download and replace the PFC PBLs with the corresponding 11.5.x
version?

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"Russ" wrote in message news:4d2736de.6c36.1681692777@sybase.com...

I have a column with a DDDW edit style and the required,
allow edit, and empty string is null are all checked.
Clicking off the field now displays the standard value is
required messagebox. I have code in pfc_checkrequirederror
and it's not getting there. I need an idea how to easily
restore the prior behavior.

0
Chris

Resize Problems in PFC 10.5 with PB 10.5.1
We have been porting our application to PB 10.5.1. It is based on the pfc. Originally we used the old 6.5 Pfc but have upgraded to the 10.5 version in code exchange. For the most part the port has been pretty smooth - but the resize service seems to be misbehaving. This might be related to the issue as to when the window resize event is fired (see my separate post on this) or it may be some other issue. We have may windows with contained tabs or other pfc objects. We start up the windows reize service in the pfc_preopen and register the contained objects in the same event. H...

PB 10.5 and PFC 10.5 Migration
I am having trouble with an app that I migrated from PB 9 (pfc 8.0) to PB 10.5.1.6551 (pfc 10.5 - from code exchange). I keep getting an app terminated error when it calls the f_setfilesrv function. I did setup through debug and the function gets called with no issues several time before getting called to produce the error. The variable is not of type n_cst_filesrvwin32. All the other times before hitting the error it sets it to the n_cst_filesrvunicode. Do I need to turn-off Unicode? How to I do that? Any help will be helpful. begin 666 pfc.rtf M>UQR=&8Q7&am...

Bug after Migrating from PB 10.5 to 11.2 or 11.5
Hi, We had migrated successfully a pilot project from PB 7.0.3 to Version 10.5. But with the migration from 10.5 to 11.2 or 11.5 we run in a problem and our migration plan is stuck. I opened a the case 11490802 with Sybase on 19. Nov 08 (below you can read it) Since then I havn't received any response. I'm in suspense to get any reaction of Sybase. What is your experience with tech - case? Is it usual, that you get no response within two month? Also I must admit, that our company has no contract for a support plan. But we are about to buy 10 ti...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

Omni 10.5 to 11.5 migration
Does anybody have or know of any document which explains the differences between Omni 10.5 and 11.5 and goes through a migration scenario? Thanks, Chris Young Cascadia Software ...

Upgrade from powerbuilder 10.5 to 11.5
Hi, were are investigating the process of upgrading powerbuilder 105 to powerbuilder 11.5. are there any steps to watch out for. my initial plan is to backup the current source. Copy the source to a temp location. Perform an upgrade of PB10.5 to 11.5 and 'upgrade' the source. Does this sound about right at all? Many Thanks Anish, although I'm not a [TeamSybase] member, we have converted over 25 applications (most very large) from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 without any problems (no additional steps or changes to objects or code was required, for us at least). The only cav...

Migration Problem 6.5 to 10.5
Just tried to use Migration Assistant to migrate 6.5 to 10.5. Not very for into the actual migration I got the following error: "Application Terminated. Error. Error calling external function %s at line 6 in function of_pbloadobject of object common_orca_unicode." Any ideas on the cause and solution? K: It's a good idea to optimize and regen your app before you run Migration Assistant. There's a good chance there's an orphaned object that an optimize will solve. (This and other migration suggestions are in the Migration Guide at my site, see below. ...

PFC Development for 10.5, 11.5, and 12
I'm just wondering where the main source code repositories are for the PFC 10.5, 11.5, and 12. Are we sticking with pfc.codeplex.com? Or is there another source? I'm just curious because I want the definitive source, and not some fork that someone has decided to branch off and 'customize'. Oh, and here's a shout out to Terry and John, love you guys, keep up the good work. Doug Define definitive. <g> Codeplex is the attempt to get the collaborative development going again that we had attempted to start (not enough takers) on CodeXchange. The team...

Sql Any 5.5 to SQL 10 migration problem
Hi My name is Camille and I am with CAM / mainsaver a CMMS software distributor. Our application is installed with major RDBMS as Sybase, Oracle and Ms Sql Server. My problem: I have a customer I have installed with SQAny 5.5 10 years ago and he wants to upgrade to 10.0 I have done all the upgrades in my application to make it ready, but when I use the unload and reload tolls of Sql Any, I get a problem with a column called cube in my spares parts table. If I do a select in the ready to convert database on the colum cube, it returns information, but if I d...

PFC 10.5 and PFC 6.5
Hi, I have a application in PB 6.5 , Using Old PFC 5.0. I migrate it to PB 10.5.What problem I may get If I use same Old PFC and Is it usefull to repalce new PFC. I migrated a PFC 6.5 app to 10.1 several months ago and I ran into a few problems, but nothing major. I believe I only needed to remove declarations to objects that no longer exist (eg transport). However, there are quite a few bug fixes and enhancements from 6.5 to 10.5. I highly recommend that you update your PFC. I'd do it in this order: 1. migrate your entire app to 10.5 (actually, I'd go to 11.1 at this...

Error in PFC while migrating from PB 5 to PB 11.5
Hello: I've recently migrated our software from PB 5 to PB 11.5. While migrating it shows an error in of_prepprint of object pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_report -- "Duplicate variable: ls_objects" Please help me to resolve this issue.. Thanks Robin AFAIK you only need the declaration of ls_objects as an array. String ls_Objects[] Delete the other non-array declaration and/or compare the function with the one at codeplex. http://pfc.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/55448#301172 hth Arnd On 21 Sep 2010 12:42:31 -0700, Robin wrote: >Hell...

Migration problem from PB 6.5 to PB 11.5
Dear all, When I try to use the migrate assistant for the mirgration job on pb 6.5 to pb 11.5. Error occure during the migration (using migrate assisant). Powebuilder cause a problem and quit out. Inforamtion that I get from it is signature problem with below information :- AppName: pb115.exe AppVer: 11.5.0.2506 ModName: pbdwe115.dll ModVer: 11.5.0.3127 Offset: 0022a3e6 Any ideas on that ? Thanks -- Free News Reader http://put.hk http://put.hk/reader/forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general.html Before you migrate, I would ... 1) Optimize all you...

Problem with Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac 10.5 and 10.5 in Blogger.com blogs
Name: Allen Email: allenatbergstedtdotorg Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac 10.5 and 10.5 in Blogger.com blogs Comments: The following problem occurs with Firefox 3.5 on Mac 10.5 and 10.6 The problem does not occur with Safari on 10.6 or on Windows version of Firefox. In my Blogger blogs I've enabled the one-click edit function which is shown by a pencil icon. One click on the pencil should put me in edit mode. However, Firefox 3.5.3 does not show the pencil. I have to click the Sign In button which puts me into my Dashboard where I can select ...

Web resources about - Problem with required column after migrating from 10.5 to 11.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

Teens Migrating From Facebook To Comments Section Of Slow-Motion Deer Video - YouTube
Subscribe to The Onion on YouTube: http://bit.ly/xzrBUA Trendwatchers say more and more teens are leaving Facebook and Twitter in favor of the ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Record Numbers of New Zealanders Migrating to Australia
Acting on impulse: why the Kiwis keep coming ... and coming and coming

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great
Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...

More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth
EBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the ...