Powerbuilder general function to open setfocus and set filter on...

I have a problem conserning wherever in the application when someone
registers an alert for later handling this function is to register the
entire object path to where he registered that alert. (I am using
PowerBuilder 6.5).

Then im to retrieve the entire path for the followin things:
column.
datawindow
tab
window

Are there any functions to do this in PFC, im sorry for posting this here,
but i cannot find much in the documentation, btw another question, do you
know of any good links to better documentation for PFC than what follows
PowerBuilder?

Thanks in advance.

Klaus Myrseth
System Developer
Information Highway AS

0
Klaus

Firstly, I am unable to guess the business requirement for this. Instead lemme
answer your question:

To get the current column reference with the datawindow name, use :
Use GetFocus() in combination with IsValid to get the name of the datawindow
that has the focus. Use this in combination with the GetcolumnName() function
to get the columnname.

Use a series of GetParent() functions combined with TypeOf to obtain
references to the parent chain. This iterative process will end when the
TypeOf() returns Window!.

Build all this into a string or as a powerobject (in this case you should omit
the current column name and store it seperately)

Hope this helps

Regarding a better reference for PFC, search in Amazon.com for PFC or
PowerBuilder. You could also look at PFC guide: http://www.pfcguide.com or the
PFC cheat sheet: http://www.pfccheatsheet.com/

Anil

Klaus Myrseth wrote:

> I have a problem conserning wherever in the application when someone
> registers an alert for later handling this function is to register the
> entire object path to where he registered that alert. (I am using
> PowerBuilder 6.5).
>
> Then im to retrieve the entire path for the followin things:
> column.
> datawindow
> tab
> window
>
> Are there any functions to do this in PFC, im sorry for posting this here,
> but i cannot find much in the documentation, btw another question, do you
> know of any good links to better documentation for PFC than what follows
> PowerBuilder?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Klaus Myrseth
> System Developer
> Information Highway AS

0
Anil

Powerbuilder terminate when open the library painter in PowerBuilder 9
From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default But it does not work for me. I have tried to re-install PowerBuilder but same result. When PB terminate, it display the following: AppName: pb90.exe App Ver: 9.0.0.5507 ModName:msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 000360cb Does anyone has the solution? Thanks. L K wrote: > From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in > registry: > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default > >...

PowerBuilder 11 and .NET: Callback function that passes foreign types to PowerBuilder
Hi I'm using a C# assembly to catch COM events (using IConnectionPoint etc) from a particular API. But instead of handling the events in .NET, I pass the information on back to PB so it simulates a type of callback. It seems to work, but I don't know for how long. This is the one the events that gets raised. The _notifyItemMethod is the name of the method on the PowerBuilder object. The _pbSession is obtained from the .Session property of the PowerBuilder object that I pass to the constructor of the event handler. public void NtfyItem(string oper, int flags, ...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Powerbuilder and functions
I am trying to call a PB function via Web.PB and HTML. The problem is I don't know how to send the results of a FORM. I know it has to go in the <body> action attribute but I don't know the exact syntax or what arguments I set up in the PB function the other end. So could someone send me some examples. I know this is a bit basic, but everyone has to start somewhere. Thanks a lot, Matt B. To send the contents of a form, you need to create a function in the PB object that has an argument for each data field on the form. The names of the arguments have to match...

Opening library painter when opening powerbuilder???
Is it possible to have the library painter open automatically when opening PowerBuilder??? Try the following: C:\PWRS32\Pb5i32\PB050.EXE /p library Good Luck, Eric Sulistiawan Century-National Insurance Co. Han Lee wrote: > Is it possible to have the library painter open automatically when opening > PowerBuilder??? ...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

PowerBuilder and Filter
Hello group, I have a question regarding filtering. I have a database in ASA 8 wich uses a custom collation file. I have managed through the collation file the dbms to handle "A" and "a" as the same thing. When I create a dw and in the where clause use "A" or "a" then I get both values that start with an "A" and with an "a'. If I want to filter data at runtime using filter and setfilter then if I give "A" then I get only the values that start with an "A" and not with "a". Is there a way to get agai...

Powerbuilder 7.0.3 crashing when trying to open PFC objects
Hello I experienced such a problem - when i try to open most of PFC objects in painters - powerbuilder just crashes. sometimes it crashes when i am closing the object. Sometimes it lets me to open an object for the first time but when i try to access it for the second time - i get Dr.Watson. I tracked the problem to the pfc_n_base. An itneresting issue with pfc_n_base - when i open it and then try to save under another name the save procedure seems to go ok, but the name of the object in the title bar doesn't change and it does nto appear in the library. When i am doing the same ...

powerbuilder
i'm looking into evaluating powerbuilder and was just wondering if powerbuilder has a COM/CORBA interface. In addition, will powerbuilder accept incoming XML streams? PowerBuilder can generate COM components, although they are actually Com-Wrappered PB components. The CORBA interface hooks into Sybase EAServer, and there's limited access to other CORBA servers. PB cannot accept XML streams natively, but you can implement the MSXML interface without a great deal of difficulty. What's your goal in your evaluation and what are you comparing to? regards, Bill al ...

Powerbuilder
I am a new PB 6 developer. I want to create setup for my application exe. How do I do it using Installshield free. I have to copy sqlanywhere database to clients PC through the setup.I connect the DB through ODBC.Can anyone pl guide me. thanks. Shaikh moin If you are using ASA 6 then look in the Help... ASA User's Guide PART 4. Database Administration and Advanced Use CHAPTER 27. Deploying Databases and Applications Using a silent installation for deployment If you are using SQL Anywhere 5 try looking here... SQL Anywhere User's Guide ...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

About Powerbuilder...
Hi group, I've upgraded PB 6.5 with the last maintenance release but I always see Version 6.5 Build 444 into "About Powerbuilder..." in Help menu . It's right this? Thanks in advance Michelangelo INGRASSIA There *was* a bug at some point in the PB6 series that didn't report the correct build number. The best way to be certain that *all* the DLLs being loaded are the correct version is to use HandleEx from http://www.sysinternals.com and check all the PB*.DLL versions. This is also useful for troubleshooting, as more than one problem has been cause...

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

Why Powerbuilder ?
Hi, I face a strange problem.... In company I started to work recently someone years ago decided to do any client/server development ( internal use only ) in SQL Windows / Gupta. As a ex-Power user I never bought into this concept and I think there is no need to discuss which product is better.... The problem now is - a big new project is coming up and I'm trying to lobby for PB as toll to to realize it with ( SQL Server 6.5 as back end ). My boss however doesn't take my opinion for granted, wanted me to convince him that it's right way to go. I surfed the web for a fe...

What is PowerBuilder?
Hello experts I am a student in CS, I am going to write a paper about Rapid application development using PowerBuilder. I need some articles about the arhitecture of PB and how PB fulfill rapid application development's requirement? Should any experts have such articles or journals, please kindly email. thank you very much! SOS -- Best Regards Reply Address->'mailto:seeker@netvigator.com' Paul Ho Why don't you visit http://www.powersoft.com and browse the products section. You will get a lot of information/white papers etc. If you're inte...

Powerbuilder
I was speaking with a contact at State of Oregon who had a question/issue: They had someone from IBM put a sniffer on their network, and they noticed that their powerbuilder app. would quite often have a few timeouts before connecting to ASE 11.9.2. I believe there is an ASE server parameter that defines the amount of time for the server to wait before sending a message back to disconnect, along with the number of retries, but he was wondering if there is something in powerbuilder? (I'm trying to find the ASE end of it, but having difficulty...it's something that goes...

Where is Powerbuilder?
http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html Delphi is much less in vogue than PowerBuilder and is listed in Top 10. Not believable. Regards, SNS > http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html > > The Next 50 Programming Languages The following list of languages denotes #51 to #100. Since the differences are relatively small, the programming languages are only listed (in alphabetical order). a.. ABC, Algol, Alpha, APL, Applescript, AspectJ, Beta, Boo, Caml, cg, Clean, Csh, cT, Curl, DC, Dylan, Eiffel, Felix, Foc...

Powerbuilder
We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry. The system has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces. I would like to use PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the development for the handhelds interface too?? and which specialized (good looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development?? This forum is for source code control questions - better to post in the general forum.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. <Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message news:F5DFEA0D01AB9EB700...

Powerbuilder
Hi all, I am probably not suppose to be asking this question here but I have been unable to get into the beta news groups and we are getting a little frazzled. Can anyone give us an example of a Jaquar NVO component using a connection pool. We are trying to sync a datastore on easerver with a datawindow and cannot establish a connection through the pool on easerver. We are able to execute a method to insert a row and sync. If that means anything. Thanks Den We are using PB7.0 and EAServer3.0 betas on NT Since the beta's well over and the product is about to be shipped, ...

PowerBuilder
Hi, Please change the name of PowerBuilder to something that is more publicly enticing. For instance, NetBuilder Pro, NetBuilder Deluxe, NetBuilder Gold, or something of the sort. Thanks, Ryan Hi Ryan, How about writing to "s.p.powerbuilder.futures_discussions" forum ? By the way, i think that they are about to call it "4GL plus". <Ryan Putnam> a �crit dans le message de news:4012a716.368.846930886@sybase.com... > Hi, > > Please change the name of PowerBuilder to something that is > more publicly enticing. For instance, NetBuilder P...

Doubt about powerbuilder
Dear sir/madam, What are the steps to call nested reports thru PFC in the 3 tier architecture which as jaquar as mid. Regards, Sudarshan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder general function to open setfocus and set filter on... - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles