PFC - Object Browser crashes when trying to display hierarchy (PB 6.0 - 6.5)

Is there a correct library list order to be applied in the application
object ?

If it doesn't matter then, in what order must I regenerate the libraries so
that it doesn't crash?

I also have three of my own libraries in the path.

--
Savoulidis Iordanis
Athens - Greece

0
Savoulidis

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998 10:57:26 +0200, in
powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc "Savoulidis Iordanis"
<iordanis@sybase.com.gr> wrote:

>Is there a correct library list order to be applied in the application
>object ?
>
>If it doesn't matter then, in what order must I regenerate the libraries so
>that it doesn't crash?
>
>I also have three of my own libraries in the path.

I use the path of:

your own PBLs
PFE PBLs
DEPT PBLs (if any)
PFC PBLs

For regeneration purposes the path shouldn't matter unless you have
duplicate objects.  You need to regenerate in the inheritance order,
which can be tricky in PFC with inheritance jumping back and forth
between PFC and PFE.

The preferred way to regenerate is by doing the full or incremental
rebuild, which will guarantee that the objects will be regenerated in
the correct order.

PS, The incremental rebuild in 6.5 is broken and fixed in the upcoming
release, so use the full rebuild.

- boris
0
NOSPAM_bgasin

Upgrading PFC 5.0.02 to PFC 5.0.03
Can I upgrade form PFC 5.0.02 to PFC 5.0.03 without any problems? Do I have to change the source of my applications ? Thanks, Edwin. >> Upgrade from 5.0.02 - 5.0.03 << Upgrade and test a lot. There has been a mixed bag of reactions to 5.0.03. Is anything broken? Or do you just want to move up? 5.0.04 is out and that may be better but a bigger unknown. Mark -- Mark Pfeifer[Team Powersoft] mpfeifer@sprynet.com *** Are You Ready For The Web? *** *** www.ctpartners.com *** ...

5.0.03 PFC with 5.0.02 PB
Our group would like to upgrade to 5.0.03 because of the bug fixes for the PFC pbls, but we are hesitant due to the regression errors in 5.0.03 PowerBuilder. Is there any reason we couldn't upgrade our PFC pbls to 5.0.03 but keep our PowerBuilder at 5.0.02? I would expect it to work fine, but would like to get other opinions. TIA -Jay Paulsen Running 16 bit PB under NT 4.0, we ran PB 5.0.02 with PFC 5.0.00 for a few months of development and had no problems related to the different versions. Eventually we did re-synch. The only re-synching problems we had were a coup...

Migrating from PFC 5.0 to PFC 8.0
Hi there, i have a problem regarding migrating from PFC 5 to PFC 8.0 When i compile the application i get a lot of errors. (See attached file) What is the problem, do i have to use some of the PFC's in between first? Thanks in advance. begin 666 PFCERRORS.txt M<&9E87!S<G8N<&)L*&Y?8W-T7W!L871F;W)M;6%C*2XR.B!%<G)O<B @(" @ M("!#,# P,3H@26QL96=A;"!D871A('1Y<&4Z(&5G7U]N7V-S=%]P;&%T9F]R M;6UA8PT*<&9E87!S<G8N<&)L*&Y?8W-T7W!L871F;W)M=VEN,38I+C(Z($5R M<F]R(" @(" @($,P,# Q.B!);&QE9...

Application in Powerbuilder 5.0.2 with PFC
I recently found myself in charge of an application built in Powerbuilder 5.0.2 using the PFC. Nobody seems to have the installation disks for PB 5.0.2 available anymore, so I was looking at Powerbuilder 8. I have never used PB 8 nor have I used PFC in any version. My 2 questions are 1) can and go from PB 5.0.2 to PB 8 and 2) how do you migrate using the PFC?? Thanks. Wallace Henry whenry@newcorp.com On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:29:33 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc Wallace Henry <whenry@newcorp.com> wrote: >I recently found myself in charge of an application...

GPF in of_getitemany using PB 5.0.03/PFC 5.0.03 with 32 bit exe's
Hello all, I have just spent the day tracing a GPF right down into PFC, and I have found a problem which I cannot resolve. Basically, on insert of a row into a child DW, of_getitemany is called as part of the required column service (which is called from the itemerror service). of_getitemany (al_row, as_column) is called on the newly inserted row for a decimal column This function then calls of_GetItemany ( al_row, as_column, Primary!, FALSE ) getitemdecimal is then called on the datawindow and returns null I have placed a beep statement before the return statement at th...

PB 5.0.2 to PB 8
I recently found myself in charge of an application built in Powerbuilder 5.0.2 using the PFC. Nobody seems to have the installation disks for PB 5.0.2 available anymore, so I was looking at Powerbuilder 8. I have never used PB 8 nor have I used PFC in any version. My 2 questions are 1) can and go from PB 5.0.2 to PB 8 and 2) how do you migrate using the PFC?? Thanks. Wallace Henry whenry@newcorp.com Wallace, if your PFC has not got 'customized' in any way, you might be able just to replace the old libraries with the new ones from PB 8. Each new version was ac...

PB 9.0 with PFC 5.0
Hi, We have to migrate an existing appln from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0. This appln uses PFC 5.0. Now ideally we wld migrate PFC as well to the latest verion, but the amount of customization in the existing PFE layer and a custom corporate layer in between PFC and PFE, the cost of migration would really go up if we had to migrate PFC as well. So, cld anyone tell how much PB 9.0 has a backward compatibility to PFC 5.0, is there any known issues ??? Wld appreaciate your comments. Thanks -Saju D. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/gro...

Need guidance for correct way to migrate PB/PFC 8 to PB/PFC 11.0?
Need guidance for correct way to migrate PB/PFC 8 to PB/PFC 11.0? In present project current code hierarchy is like: PB 8 code � PFC 8 � own customize PFC 8 ( convert all object like n_cst_dataawareattrib --ep_n_cst_dataawareattrib)� own customize PFE 8 ( but no change in basic object names) Client customizes all object of PFC 8 like this "ep_n_cst_dataawareattrib" and in PFE object are like "n_cst_dataawareattrib". What will be best approach to migrate it? PB 8 code (migrate to PB 11) � PFC 8 (replace with PFC 11) � Own customi...

Need guidance for correct way to migrate PB/PFC 8 to PB/PFC 11.0?
Need guidance for correct way to migrate PB/PFC 8 to PB/PFC 11.0? In present project current code hierarchy is like: PB 8 code � PFC 8 � own customize PFC 8 ( convert all object like n_cst_dataawareattrib --ep_n_cst_dataawareattrib)� own customize PFE 8 ( but no change in basic object names) Client customizes all object of PFC 8 like this "ep_n_cst_dataawareattrib" and in PFE object are like "n_cst_dataawareattrib". What will be best approach to migrate it? PB 8 code (migrate to PB 11) � PFC 8 (replace with PFC 11) � Own cust...

Difference between PFC 10.0 and PFC 10.5
Is there any difference between PFC 10.0 and PFC 10.5 except for the build number? I read some readme files and notice that the downloaded PFC was actually PFC 10.0 not PFC 10.5 the download was from https://pfc.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentView?documentID=2315&showInfo=true For the most part it's the 10.0 version recompiled with 10.5. I believe there may have been some mods to address the different class name for the different window types between the various versions. On 8 Feb 2007 18:25:16 -0800, "Erge" <ergemx@gmail.com> ...

To PFC or Not To PFC
I'm returning to PB development after about 7 years in management and I'm trying to figure out how PFC fits into the current PB world. I used it with 6.5 and thought it was great (though sometimes a little complex, especially when debigging). It seems that Sybase doesn't push it anymore and I think I saw a post that said it hasn't changed since 8.0(?). I'll be developing an app for commercial sale and I think PB is perfect since I think I can get more done in a shorter period of time with PB than with anything else. I especially like that PB's future leads...

PFC ? Not PFC ?
I am about to start a very big application and would like to know whether to use PFC or not. Is it not a good idea if we are only using a very small portion of the PFC functionalities? What are the benefits of using PFC? What are the disadvantage of using it? We already have development problem because it is too slow to bring up the object and window list in the dubugger. Please advise. loser , To Use or Not to Use? I dont have an answer for you there but, a solution to your speed of the debug issue is the following. We have found that keeping copies of the PFC, PFD, and PFE p...

Error in PFC while migrating from PB 5 to PB 11.5
Hello: I've recently migrated our software from PB 5 to PB 11.5. While migrating it shows an error in of_prepprint of object pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_report -- "Duplicate variable: ls_objects" Please help me to resolve this issue.. Thanks Robin AFAIK you only need the declaration of ls_objects as an array. String ls_Objects[] Delete the other non-array declaration and/or compare the function with the one at codeplex. http://pfc.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/55448#301172 hth Arnd On 21 Sep 2010 12:42:31 -0700, Robin wrote: >Hell...

Changes between PFC supplied with 10.0 and open source PFC 10.5
Hi, Want to know whats new between PFC supplied with version 10.0 and the PFC 10.5 opensource version.The problem is that its throwing up all the PFC layer objects when one does PBDelta because of the Opensource Licensing in the comments. PBL Peeper's compare (see below) will let you compare while ignoring comments. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 4 Dec 2007 08:19:08 -0800, enkay wrote: >Hi, > >Want to know whats new between PFC supplied with version >10.0 and the PFC 10.5 opensource version.The problem is >that its th...

New PFC for PB 10.5 or can we still use PFC for PB10 ?
Is there need for a new Release of the PFC or can we use the 'old' PFC for PB 10.0 ? Peter Stojkovic Peter; You will have to use the old PB 10.0 PFC as the PFC is now open sourced on Sybase's CodeXchange server. I am also not aware of anyone actively working on any PFC development either. So I imagine PFC 10.0 will be the status-quo for PB 11, 12, etc as well. regards ... Chris "Peter Stojkovic" <dsa@gmx.net> wrote in message news:443b8243$1@forums-1-dub... > > > Is there need for a new Release of the PFC or > c...

Web resources about - PFC - Object Browser crashes when trying to display hierarchy (PB 6.0 - 6.5) - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Hierarchy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A hierarchy (Greek: hierarchia (ἱεραρχία), from hierarches , "leader of sacred rites") is an arrangement of items (objects, names, values, categories, ...

Hierarchy is Good. Hierarchy is Essential. And Less Isn’t Always Better
I was raised to view hierarchy as a bad thing. My late father, an entrepreneur, often ranted about the idiocy he battled in the corporate and ...

Hierarchy + Networks - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore David Armano's photos on Flickr. David Armano has uploaded 1924 photos to Flickr.

Hierarchy of offenses poses tough questions for progressives
Anyone who reads the news might begin to wonder this: are we the most offensive society that ever was? The most offended, too, quite possibly, ...

Kevin Pietersen prepares to attack England hierarchy with release of autobiography
The release of the former England star's book this week will reopen old wounds.

No rift with Blues' hierarchy: Malthouse
Carlton coach Mick Malthouse went into damage control after Geelong thumped the Blues by 77 points on Friday night.

'You've got to earn respect and trust.' Walls slams Carlton's hierarchy
'You've got to earn respect and trust.' Walls slams Carlton's hierarchy

John Henry Newman against the hierarchy of the Church
In St John's gospel, Jesus tells the apostles, "when the Spirit of truth comes he will lead you to the complete truth." The Second Vatican Council's ...

Alberta's new political hierarchy revealed in question period
The Alberta legislature got off to an awkward start Tuesday as the speaker and some of the less experienced cabinet ministers fumbled through ...

Werner Ladders Keeps The Hierarchy Of Benefits Very Short
... I wish more clients could subscribe to the “say one thing” theory of advertising. You just finished reading Werner Ladders Keeps The Hierarchy ...