PFC Error - Type of actual parameter cannot be ancestor of formal reference parameter type

hi everyone,

i am using pb 9.0.1 build 7275. i have just performed a full
rebuild and got these errors. these objects have never been
touched by me and were working and building fine. could it
be cause i installed the latest ebf?

See Errors:
pfcapsrv.pbl(pfc_n_cst_error).pfc_n_cst_error.of_processlog.43:
Error       C0174: Type of actual parameter cannot be
ancestor of formal reference parameter type.
pfcapsrv.pbl(pfc_n_cst_inifile).pfc_n_cst_inifile.of_delete.123:
Error       C0174: Type of actual parameter cannot be
ancestor of formal reference parameter type.
pfcapsrv.pbl(pfc_n_cst_inifile).pfc_n_cst_inifile.of_delete.126:
Error       C0174: Type of actual parameter cannot be
ancestor of formal reference parameter type.
pfcmain.pbl(pfc_u_rte).pfc_u_rte.pfc_saveas.43: Error
C0174: Type of actual parameter cannot be ancestor of formal
reference parameter type.

Thanks in advance.
0
Jimmy

To PFC or Not To PFC
I'm returning to PB development after about 7 years in management and I'm trying to figure out how PFC fits into the current PB world. I used it with 6.5 and thought it was great (though sometimes a little complex, especially when debigging). It seems that Sybase doesn't push it anymore and I think I saw a post that said it hasn't changed since 8.0(?). I'll be developing an app for commercial sale and I think PB is perfect since I think I can get more done in a shorter period of time with PB than with anything else. I especially like that PB's future leads...

Formal parameter defined as output but actual parameter not declared output.
I have a web-application which has been 'upgraded' from .Net 1.1 to 2.0 I have a component class in the application called PO. I have stored procedures in the class (originally dragged onto the design view of the class, now I have to add an SQLCommand and set it's properties) One of my stored procedures is declared like this: <code> CREATE    PROCEDURE dbo.prListPOByBuyerOverDuePaged ( @MyUserID varchar(50) = '',  -- UserID of person asking to view POs @UserID varchar(50) = '', -- UserID of the Person who's PO's you are going to view (normal...

PFC ? Not PFC ?
I am about to start a very big application and would like to know whether to use PFC or not. Is it not a good idea if we are only using a very small portion of the PFC functionalities? What are the benefits of using PFC? What are the disadvantage of using it? We already have development problem because it is too slow to bring up the object and window list in the dubugger. Please advise. loser , To Use or Not to Use? I dont have an answer for you there but, a solution to your speed of the debug issue is the following. We have found that keeping copies of the PFC, PFD, and PFE p...

SqlDataSource Parameters error when update existing parameters
I write the following code to get parameters from a hashtable for sqlDatasource. When same name parameter already existing in SqlSource1.parameter, I got the error " can not convert string to parameter"How can I update(not add) parameters for sqldatasource1.parameter? Dim myEnumerator As IDictionaryEnumerator = myHashtable.GetEnumerator()            While (myEnumerator.MoveNext())                If CStr(myEnumerator.Value) <> "" Then   &n...

Control Parameters not parametizing...
  Code:<asp:SqlDataSource runat="Server" ID="UserDS" SelectCommand="SELECT DISTINCT [user_id], permission FROM admin_permissions" DeleteCommand="DELETE FROM admin_permissions WHERE [user_id] = @old_user_id AND permission = @old_permission" InsertCommand="INSERT INTO admin_permissions ('user_id','permission') VALUES (@user_id, @permission)" OldValuesParameterFormatString="old_{0}" ConnectionString="<%$ConnectionStrings:HPWCore %>"> <InsertParameters> ...

PFC Security and the Disablebind Parameter
The PFC Security Application PFCSECAD.PFC was distributed with Disablebind set to 1. I needed to added a backend procedure to the application in order to automatically add users to the system tables. Since disableparm = 1 does not support remote procedure calls, I had to change the setting to 0. Does anyone know if this might have any adverse affect on the application???? Also, technical support said there are issues with PFC Security. We are planning on using PFC Secuirty down to the column level. Are there any showstoppers...., or other issues I should know about???? Thank...

Disablebind Parameter and PFC Security
The PFC Security Application PFCSECAD.PFC was distributed with Disablebind set to 1. I needed to added a backend procedure to the application in order to automatically add users to the system tables. Since disableparm = 1 does not support remote procedure calls, I had to change the setting to 0. Does anyone know if this might have any adverse affect on the application???? Thanks. Patricia Loo phone: (208) 526-1088 email: sip@inel.gov >The PFC Security Application PFCSECAD.PFC was distributed with >Disablebind set to 1. I needed to added a backend procedure to the >...

Error: Parameter count does not match Parameter Value count.
Hi, sorry for my english, I'll try to make myself clear enough. I'm working in a custom module that is already is finished. I build the installer pack and probe it (I upload it using "upload new module" option) in a local installation of DotNetNuke (v3.0.13) and SQL server 2000 on my PC running windows server 2003 and everything works fine. Then I upload the same module into another installation of dotnetnuke (same version) and SQL server 2000 and it seems to be ok too but when I tried to used settings and Edit options that makes store procedures call, it return error: "P...

Powerbuilder 10 migration errors (PFC)
I have a PowerBuilder 6.5 (PFC based)application that needs to support international characters. I have been trying to migrate to PowerBuilder 10 with no success. I have successfully migrated to power 8 and 9 with out much hassle. When I went to 9 I had to fix some duplicate variable names and get rid of the trasnport object. When I try to migrate from 6.5 to 10 I get thousands of lines of errors. I get the same errors if I try to go from PB 9 to 10 as well. Everywhere I have read shows that this should be a simple straight forward process, I mean if I can convert my...

Error in DNN 3.2 Parameter count does not match Parameter Value count.
I am facing an exception Parameter count does not match Parameter Value count.,pls help me   NavinNavinAbstract Got the same problem myself in 3.3 any ideas how ya fixed. MK pls check the parameter in database storedprocedure and infront of stordprocedure u have to use dbo name please verify how u created stored procedure NavinNavinAbstract...

Object Reference error...and parameters passing question
I have a News class that define a object to store some news info as well as a NewsLogic class that implements some functionality. One of the methods of the NewsLogic is AddNews() which handles the adding of the News object to the database. That sounds all fun and good...but when I try passing an iNews item to the AddNews() method of the NewsLogic class, I keep getting the following error: Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: Line 17: inews.author="Me, myself and I" Line ...

Error
I get the error in the topic when I try to install 3.0.2.0 This is my first time using DNN and I've read the directions thoroughly. Any suggestions? Full error below. Thanks in advance!! Version: 03.02.00 Installation Status Report 00:00:00.015 - Installing Version: 3.1.0 00:00:00.015 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.SetUp.SqlDataProvider 00:00:00.031 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.Schema.SqlDataProvider 00:00:02.656 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider 00:00:05.140 - Installing MemberRole Provider: 00:00:05.140 - Exec...

PowerBuilder PFC Application EXE Build time error
Sub: - PowerBuilder PFC Application EXE Build time error I have a PFC based application which runs quite well during development inside PowerBuilder Development environment. But when I tried to make an EXE through the Project painter it is showing the following error. " Error C0113: Error reading object source entry: n_cst_propertyattrib.sru. " I had given all the PFC PBL's and its concerned PBR's. I am using PB7 and also installed the maintenance release 7.0.1. My Backend is MS SQL SERVER 7.0. I have tried this in Win-NT 4 , WIN98 and WIN95 envir...

Error on upgraded DNN 4.0: "Parameter count does not match Parameter Value count"
I have been reach to upgrade my dnn 3.2 installation to 4.0 and start to navigate. But when i try to access to a certain page i get this error: In this page i have: 2 Orizont NukeFeeds module and 2 Delisoft MMlinks module. Obviously in DNN 3.x all works fine. Thanks in advance Stefano...

"Parameter count does not match Parameter Value count." error using Text/HTML module
When I insert the Text/HTML module I get the following error after I click "Edit Text".   I have tried reinstalling the module and updating the FreeTextBox. An error has occurred.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Parameter count does not match Parameter Value count. ---> System.ArgumentException: Parameter count does not match Parameter Value count. at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.AssignParameterValues(SqlParameter[] commandParameters, Object[] parameterValues) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connec...

Web resources about - PFC Error - Type of actual parameter cannot be ancestor of formal reference parameter type - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Google / Firefox Parameter - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
HS what? www.seroundtable.com/archives/017105.html

Alternatives to boolean parameters