pfc datawindow resize service

I'm using PFC (downloaded from codexchange for PB 10.5) with PB 10.5.2.

I have a datawindow control with its resize service working.

Now I want resize the controls within the datawindow.

All works fine (the controls are resized) but the datawindow detail height
isn't adjusted to fit the new controls size.

Is this ok? My actually workaround is designing the datawindow with a detail
band with a very large height, but I thought the resize service would do
this.

Thanks

Alex B.

0
Alex

Regards,

This DW service class, it could be your solution. Probe it.

n_cst_dwsrv_resize

"Alex Bibiano Gonz�lez" <abibiano@nikel.es> escribi� en el mensaje
> I'm using PFC (downloaded from codexchange for PB 10.5) with PB 10.5.2.
>

> I have a datawindow control with its resize service working.
>

> Now I want resize the controls within the datawindow.
>

> All works fine (the controls are resized) but the datawindow detail height
> isn't adjusted to fit the new controls size.
>

> Is this ok? My actually workaround is designing the datawindow with a
> detail
> band with a very large height, but I thought the resize service would do
> this.
>

> Thanks
>

> Alex B.

0
Leonel
11/1/2007 7:53:49 PM
I already use this service class. It resizes my controls but my problem is
that it don't resize the detail band height if the controls height grows
(freeform datawindow).

Thanks

Alex B.

"Leonel Pedrozo Quiroz" <lpedrozo@solucionesbolivar.com> escribi� en el
mensaje news:472a3cdd$2@forums-1-dub...
> Regards,
>
> This DW service class, it could be your solution. Probe it.
>
> n_cst_dwsrv_resize
>

> "Alex Bibiano Gonz�lez" <abibiano@nikel.es> escribi� en el mensaje
>> I'm using PFC (downloaded from codexchange for PB 10.5) with PB 10.5.2.
>>

>> I have a datawindow control with its resize service working.
>>

>> Now I want resize the controls within the datawindow.
>>

>> All works fine (the controls are resized) but the datawindow detail
>> height
>> isn't adjusted to fit the new controls size.
>>

>> Is this ok? My actually workaround is designing the datawindow with a
>> detail
>> band with a very large height, but I thought the resize service would do
>> this.
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> Alex B.

0
Alex
11/5/2007 10:04:27 AM
That means that you either need to extend it to calculate the detail band
height or try using autosize height...
"Alex Bibiano Gonz�lez" <abibiano@nikel.es> wrote in message
>I already use this service class. It resizes my controls but my problem is
>that it don't resize the detail band height if the controls height grows
>(freeform datawindow).
>

> Thanks
>

> Alex B.
>

> "Leonel Pedrozo Quiroz" <lpedrozo@solucionesbolivar.com> escribi� en el
> mensaje news:472a3cdd$2@forums-1-dub...
>> Regards,
>>
>> This DW service class, it could be your solution. Probe it.
>>
>> n_cst_dwsrv_resize
>>

>> "Alex Bibiano Gonz�lez" <abibiano@nikel.es> escribi� en el mensaje
>>> I'm using PFC (downloaded from codexchange for PB 10.5) with PB 10.5.2.
>>>

>>> I have a datawindow control with its resize service working.
>>>

>>> Now I want resize the controls within the datawindow.
>>>

>>> All works fine (the controls are resized) but the datawindow detail
>>> height
>>> isn't adjusted to fit the new controls size.
>>>

>>> Is this ok? My actually workaround is designing the datawindow with a
>>> detail
>>> band with a very large height, but I thought the resize service would do
>>> this.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> Alex B.

0
Philip
11/5/2007 6:53:23 PM
Thanks,

the autosize don't resolved my problem. Now I'm calculating in the resize
event the max control height and setting it manually.

"Philip Salgannik" <PhilipSalgannik@work.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> That means that you either need to extend it to calculate the detail band
> height or try using autosize height...
> "Alex Bibiano Gonz�lez" <abibiano@nikel.es> wrote in message
>>I already use this service class. It resizes my controls but my problem is
>>that it don't resize the detail band height if the controls height grows
>>(freeform datawindow).
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> Alex B.
>>

>> "Leonel Pedrozo Quiroz" <lpedrozo@solucionesbolivar.com> escribi� en el
>> mensaje news:472a3cdd$2@forums-1-dub...
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> This DW service class, it could be your solution. Probe it.
>>>
>>> n_cst_dwsrv_resize
>>>

>>> "Alex Bibiano Gonz�lez" <abibiano@nikel.es> escribi� en el mensaje

0
Alex
11/6/2007 11:13:18 AM
And how were you trying the autosize?

> Thanks,
>
> the autosize don't resolved my problem. Now I'm calculating in the resize
> event the max control height and setting it manually.
>
> "Philip Salgannik" <PhilipSalgannik@work.com> escribi� en el mensaje
>> That means that you either need to extend it to calculate the detail band
>> height or try using autosize height...
>> "Alex Bibiano Gonz�lez" <abibiano@nikel.es> wrote in message
>>>I already use this service class. It resizes my controls but my problem
>>>is that it don't resize the detail band height if the controls height
>>>grows (freeform datawindow).
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> Alex B.
>>>

>>> "Leonel Pedrozo Quiroz" <lpedrozo@solucionesbolivar.com> escribi� en el
>>> mensaje news:472a3cdd$2@forums-1-dub...

0
Philip
11/6/2007 7:23:04 PM
Setting the autosize property in the detail band to true :) (in design mode)

> And how were you trying the autosize?
>
> "Alex Bibiano Gonz�lez" <abibiano@nikel.es> wrote in message
>> Thanks,
>>
>> the autosize don't resolved my problem. Now I'm calculating in the resize
>> event the max control height and setting it manually.
>>
>> "Philip Salgannik" <PhilipSalgannik@work.com> escribi� en el mensaje
>>> That means that you either need to extend it to calculate the detail
>>> band height or try using autosize height...
>>> "Alex Bibiano Gonz�lez" <abibiano@nikel.es> wrote in message

0
Alex
11/7/2007 8:22:38 AM
That might not be enough :-)
After your service is done "resizing" controls in the detail band you might
want to try something like mydwcontrol.DeleteRow(mydwcontrol.InsertRow(0))
> Setting the autosize property in the detail band to true :) (in design
> mode)
>

> "Philip Salgannik" <PhilipSalgannik@work.com> escribi� en el mensaje
>> And how were you trying the autosize?
>>
>> "Alex Bibiano Gonz�lez" <abibiano@nikel.es> wrote in message
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> the autosize don't resolved my problem. Now I'm calculating in the
>>> resize event the max control height and setting it manually.
>>>
>>> "Philip Salgannik" <PhilipSalgannik@work.com> escribi� en el mensaje

0
Philip

To PFC or Not To PFC
I'm returning to PB development after about 7 years in management and I'm trying to figure out how PFC fits into the current PB world. I used it with 6.5 and thought it was great (though sometimes a little complex, especially when debigging). It seems that Sybase doesn't push it anymore and I think I saw a post that said it hasn't changed since 8.0(?). I'll be developing an app for commercial sale and I think PB is perfect since I think I can get more done in a shorter period of time with PB than with anything else. I especially like that PB's future leads...

PFC ? Not PFC ?
I am about to start a very big application and would like to know whether to use PFC or not. Is it not a good idea if we are only using a very small portion of the PFC functionalities? What are the benefits of using PFC? What are the disadvantage of using it? We already have development problem because it is too slow to bring up the object and window list in the dubugger. Please advise. loser , To Use or Not to Use? I dont have an answer for you there but, a solution to your speed of the debug issue is the following. We have found that keeping copies of the PFC, PFD, and PFE p...

Resize Service and Vertical Scroll Bar not showing in my DW PFC Powerbuilder 7.03 (Win2000 environment)
When I turn on the resize service my vertical scroll bar dissapears and the DW seems to be pushed beyond the frame window. Is there a problem with my configuration. My resolution is 1024 X 768. Is this a bug?? Thanks In Advance DC, I put this code in my resize event of sheet windows to keep the datawindow within the window frame, no matter if you resize the window or not. The numbers are the sizes the datawidow is smaller than the actual window. For instance, in this example, the window may have been 3200 wide and my datawindow was 1950 wide, so I plug the value 250 in f...

PFC Resize service
Hi - I want to do resizing on objects which are layed out as one is below the other.. so I have a Listview on top and bottom I have a dw.. What I want is to be able to scale the listview at bottom and the dw should move respective to the listview scale and also the DW should scale bottom.. Do you know what is the best way to achieve this.. I am trying to use the PFC service by providing manual percentage.. Trial and error.. Any help/samples code would be highly appreciated.. Thanks - Niranjan You might want to scale the lv object to the right..and the dw have scale botto...

PFC: Resize-Service
Hi folks, I'm searching for an easy and robust way to achieve that a window can't be resized smaller than set by inv_size.of_setMinSize. The solution should work with PowerBuilder 5, 6 and 7. Any good ideas ? Thanks Frank Check out the following tip: http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115/PB/tips/pbtip24.htm Frank Mickler wrote: > Hi folks, > > I'm searching for an easy and robust way to achieve that a window can't be > resized smaller than set by inv_size.of_setMinSize. > The solution should work with PowerBuilder 5, 6 and 7. > ...

PFC services in non pfc-template application
Hi, Can I use the PFC resize service in my old MDI applications without PFC template. How can I do it. I've imported this nvo objects in my applications but i don�t know how can i use it with my windows. Thanks There is no blanket answer for that. You (or someone) would have to look at each individual service in question and determine how it's linked into other objects. For example, I'd expect very little cross-dependencies for the String service, but I'd expect a lot of issues with the Logical Unit of Work service. Also, if you've implemented an anc...

PFC Resize service #3
Hi, We are running v8.03 using PFC and have a problem with the resize service and scrolling. When designing a window including a datawindow (Form Type) we set the footer bar just below the columns to prevent the user from beign able to scroll down using the mouse wheel. When a user then does a resize (maximize) the end columns in the datawindow get get off as they have moved under the footer bar in the datawindow when resizing rthem using SCALE. Does anyone have a fix or a workaround for this problem. Any help would be appreciated Ta Try the SCALERIGHT-style (ins...

PFC Resize service #2
Hi. I have a small problem with the PFC resize service. In one form I am dynamically changing the dataobject of 2 DWs depending on certain criteria. If I do this when the form is not in it's original size I still get the new DW in it's original size... fair enough I guess. I couldn't figure out an easy way to resolve this so I put in this dodgy looking piece of code (on a command button that does some other stuff):- Parent.SetRedraw(FALSE) IF Parent.WindowState = Maximized! THEN Parent.WindowState = Normal! lb_max = TRUE ELSE lb_max = FALSE END IF ll_w = Parent.Wi...

PFC validation datawindow service?
Is there PFC validation datawindow service that checks for duplicate value or null value? I would like to have the PFC service to check for a specific column in a datawindow to prevent from user to add a new row that would contains a duplicate value and/or a null value. If not, then I would need to create my own NVO to handle this functionally. David On Mon, 04 Aug 1997 17:38:27 -0400, "David Officer" <dofficer@hcitech.com> wrote: >Is there PFC validation datawindow service that checks for duplicate value >or null value? I would like to have the PFC se...

PFC Datawindow Linkage Service
I am using PFC with PB5 and a Paradox database through Microsoft Paradox ODBC driver and have a situation where I have 3 drop down lists: district, property and building. For each combination I then display and want to update the data for Materials and Lab Results in two datawindows that are derived from u_dw and are linked using the datawindow linkage service. My problem is that if I don't have any materials for a building, the materials datawindow shows no rows which is how it should be. However, the lab results datawindow keeps showing data from the previous building and doe...

PFC Resize service
I have been using the PFC resize service which is great... but does anyone know if there is a service that will resize the fields within a DW when the DW itself is resized? Like figure what percentage of the original window each field is and resize them accordingly? On Wed, 3 Dec 1997 10:41:36 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc "Kevin Gregg" <kgregg@solaris1.mysolution.com> wrote: >I have been using the PFC resize service which is great... but does anyone >know if there is a service that will resize the fields within a DW when the >DW itself i...

PFC Window resize service
I turn on the resize service at pfc_preopen event for the window then coded the of_SetMinSize(1300, 600) I was able to shrink the window and it's contents to a very small area, but the resizing of the controls stopped around the argument value for of_SetMinSize. My question is when you call of_SetMinSize(1300, 600 ) Can you shrink the window and it's content beyond that value? OR The resizing service will stop resizing the window controls beyond these value, but you can shrink the window as much as you like? Thanks No it just stops the objects from resiz...

about pfc menu and Resize service
pb 7.0.3 build 10009 Hi I asked a question the pfc menu and Window's Resize service can not work perfect together about half a month ago. But I didn't get the answer. I got a set of pfc libary(I don't know what version it's) days ago. I replaced them to my application and regenerate all windows. The problem resolved! I think it's worth to tell you. -- Regards from Wayne Guangzhou, China ...

Web resources about - pfc datawindow resize service - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo