PB 7 DW Stored Procedure Update Problems

Please help me with this problem. I am using PB 7.0 Build 7021, PFC and
MS SQL Server 7. I have an updatable datawindow that I have defined an
insert, update, and delete stored procedure through the DW Painter Rows
- Stored Procedure Update. The stored procedures are executing fine,
inserting, updating and deleting, unless a user defined error condition
is encountered in the procedure. In this case, the procedure calls the
following RAISERROR statement:

RAISERROR(  50001,  1 ,  1 , @error_parm1,@error_parm2 ) WITH   SETERROR

The value of @@error after the raiserror statement is 50001. I have
tried returning the from the proc at this point with the following
statements:

 1. RETURN
 2. SELECT @error_no = @@error
     RETURN @error_no
 3. RETURN -1

In each of these cases, the stored procedure, works correctly, but I am
not getting any indication of an error in PB. The Update statement (via
PFC) and SQLCA do not indicate any errors.

Any suggestions??

Thank You

0
Valerie

Mike Krutchin provided the answer - I had to raise the severity to a value >
10.

Thanks ALL

Valerie Peake wrote:

> Please help me with this problem. I am using PB 7.0 Build 7021, PFC and
> MS SQL Server 7. I have an updatable datawindow that I have defined an
> insert, update, and delete stored procedure through the DW Painter Rows
> - Stored Procedure Update. The stored procedures are executing fine,
> inserting, updating and deleting, unless a user defined error condition
> is encountered in the procedure. In this case, the procedure calls the
> following RAISERROR statement:
>
> RAISERROR(  50001,  1 ,  1 , @error_parm1,@error_parm2 ) WITH   SETERROR
>
> The value of @@error after the raiserror statement is 50001. I have
> tried returning the from the proc at this point with the following
> statements:
>
>  1. RETURN
>  2. SELECT @error_no = @@error
>      RETURN @error_no
>  3. RETURN -1
>
> In each of these cases, the stored procedure, works correctly, but I am
> not getting any indication of an error in PB. The Update statement (via
> PFC) and SQLCA do not indicate any errors.
>
> Any suggestions??
>
> Thank You

0
Valerie

PB 7 DW with Stored Procedure update
Does a dw based completely on stored procedures (including the update) create Update, Insert and Delete SQL statements based on the stored procedures? Or does it PASS the data to the procedures themselves? There is a bit of a debate going on here about how PB is handling this. We are very soon not going to allow ANY client side SQL calls other than those that execute procedures and functions. If anyone can offer any insight it would be appreciated. On Mon, 3 Jan 2000 14:10:20 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Joe Cairns <jcairns@nospam.fast.net> wrote...

PB 7 and Stored Procedure Update problem
Hi How to configure stored procedure update in PB 7? Look under Rows | Stored Procedures Update in the menu. For each type of update (update, insert, delete) you can specify the stored proc to use and how to use the column values in the dw. To actually perform the update, just call dw.Update(). HTH, steve [TeamSybase] Marcin Wasikowski wrote: > > Hi > How to configure stored procedure update in PB 7? ...

Return code of DW update with stored procedure in PB 7
I have a datawindow with stored procedure for UPDATE, DELETE & INSERT. After I issue dw.update( ) method, I want to check whether it is success or not. However, the return value is alway 1. 1. Is it the same way in checking the return value for datawindow with / without stored procedure ? 2. Is there any other way to check whether the execution of stored procedure is Ok or not ? What driver are you using? We had a similar problem with OLEDB. -- Simon Caldwell Get Real Systems Ltd Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL Tel 01904 481999 Fax 01904 4816...

Problem regarding calling Stored procedures of SQL 7.0 from PB 7.0
I'm calling some stored procedures written in SQL Server 7.0 from the Power Builder 7.0 through the SQL Server native driver connection. It doesn't return back whenever I execute it from the Frontend while it works perfectly when I execute that stored procedure from Query Analyser directly. It has been working fine when I did the same operetion using PB 6.5 & SQL 6.5. Plz help me in this regard as soon as possible. Regards, Guls Guls: Would be helpfull if I new more about the procedure you are calling and/or any error messages you are getting. We use PB 7.0 with MS...

Problem regarding calling the stored Procedure of SQL 7.0 from PB 7.0
I'm calling some stored procedures written in SQL Server 7.0 from the Power Builder 7.0 through the SQL Server native driver connection. It doesn't return back whenever I execute it from the Frontend while it works perfectly when I execute that stored procedure from Query Analyser directly. It has been working fine when I did the same operetion using PB 6.5 & SQL 6.5. Plz help me in this regard as soon as possible. Regards, Guls We had similar issue. We regenerated the application LOTS of times. Then it worked. Make sure you regen everything several times. &q...

Problem with Stored procedures in PB 7
We have a problem with stored procedures in PB 7. Calling a procedure with empty strings ("") as arguments fails if you have more than two parameters. If we put a single space in each string it works fine. Here's an example of a really simple SP and a script to retrive data into a datawindow based on the SP: Stored procedure (ASA 6): --------------------------------------------------------- CREATE procedure DBA.retrieve_sp( in as_arg1 char(10), in as_arg2 char(10), in as_arg3 char(10) ) begin select 1 from SYS.DUMMY end ----------------------------------------...

Stored Procedure Update in PB 7.x
Hi, I am using stored procedure for update,delete and insert. I am binding the stored procedure with the datawindow itself. In the stored procedure I am returning the code which is auto generated after update. I am using in/out parameter for the code. Passing the column name as in parameter. Now the problem is I want to get this value after successful updation. How to achieve this? TIA You can't if you are using dw.Update() because the function swallows all that stuff. You would have to bypass using dw.Update() and code the stored proc calls yourself. ...

PB 7 Stored Procedures & DW
I create a datawindow using a stored procedure residing on ASE 11.9.2. Now, with PB 7, I am able to insert, update or delete from the database using stored procedures (inside dw), nice. But, if I forget from which stored procedure the datawindow was created, what am I going to do. (We have stored proc dw's migrated from PB 6 and unfortunately no documentation) How can I see the source of the datawindow (the stored procedure) ? Thank you in advance... Make sure that you have the Column Specifications view enabled. Then right-click on it and you'll see Stored Procedure....

Stored Procedure Problem in PB 7.0.1
I am using the stored procedure update facility with the PB 7 datawindow to update/insert into the database ( Sybase SQLserver 11.0.3.3 ) via a stored procedure. There is an update and insert procedure defined. I insert a row into the datawindow, set values to the columns ( 50 total columns ) and then call the update function ( dw_rec_items.update ( true, false ) ) to update the database. I checked the SQLpreview event and the sqltype is PreviewInsert!. Once the SQLpreview event completes, it fires the dberror event with a SQLDBCODE of -3 and the following SQLERRTEXT: Key is ...

Problem Executing Oracle Stored Procedure From PB 7.03
I have not had any luck trying to use "DECLARE" and "EXECUTE" to run an Oracle 8.1.6 stored procedure from PB 7.0.3. The stored procedure has 2 in put variables and an output variable. I have since switched to calling the stored procedure via a RPCFUNC call. I am receiving the error below even though I can run the stored procedure in SQLPLUS. The stored procedure has a "Create or Replace" statement for testing. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance. Error is: ORA-06550: line 1, column 13. PLS-00222: no function with name "SP_GETNAME&q...

Problem Calling Store Procedure from Powerbuilder in PB/Jaguar architechture
----- Original Message ----- From: Naimesh Trivedi <naimesh@rajmicro.com> Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver.powerbuilder Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 3:13 PM Subject: Re: Calling Stored Procudure in 3-tier in Powerbuilder/JaguarCTS architechture > Hello Mark, > > Thanx for ur prompt response. Foll. error is coming > > Error ORA-24321 (Zero Iteration count) If done using sqlca syntax shown > below & Stored Procedure does not > execute or no row returns (the test sp inserts one row in one table - hard > coded for testing purpose) > &...

Stored Procedure, PB 6.51 and SQL 7 Problem
Hello, I am having a problem creating a DW sourced from a stored procedure. The stored procedure is simple (for testing): CREATE PROCEDURE ATest @PatID Integer AS SELECT n_pe_id FROM people WHERE n_pe_id = 1 When I try to create a DW based on this SP I receive the following error: "Cannot create DataWindow. SQLSTATE = 22005 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid character value for case specification". I tried to create a manual result set also specifying the result set of "n_pe_id Number" and when I do this, I can create the DW, but when I try ...

Problem with sqlpreview with dw using stored procedure update in PB7
pb7 documentation states that returning a value of 2 in sqlpreview event of a datawindow, skips the executing of the current sql statement. however, it seems that this is ignored if your datawindow uses stored procedure update. the stored procedure gets executed regardless of the return value. can anyone please help me how should i correct this? thanks in advance. > pb7 documentation states that returning a value of 2 in > sqlpreview event of a datawindow, skips the executing of > the current sql statement. however, it seems that this is > ignored if your datawindow u...

DW built on Oracle Stored Procedure from PB 7.0.3
Hello, Let me preface by saying I read Terry Dykstra's "stored proc reports for oracle", but I am getting an Oracle error... I am trying to create a dw using an oracle sproc. I can see the procedure, select it, but when I finish I receive an oracle error: -------------------------------------------------------------------- ORA-24334 no descriptor for this position 1 execute VAA.P_GET_DATA;0 -------------------------------------------------------------------- The sproc has only one in out parameter of type ref cursor which is defined in a package header. Here is...

Web resources about - PB 7 DW Stored Procedure Update Problems - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

&#8203;When Chanelle O'Hare went searching online for a deal on potential cosmetic procedures, she could not have imagined that what she ended ...

NFL security procedures in question after rappelling protesters
Two protesters with sophisticated gear disrupted the Panthers-Colts game in Charlotte Monday night, bringing into question security at the stadium ...

'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure
'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure

Why Are Web Login Security Procedures So #$*&!% Dumb And Obnoxious?
The geeks who design our websites talk a lot about user friendliness, but they often let an exaggerated security concerns get in the way of commonsense. ...