PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration

This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant
applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library
list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5.   Where
are they?

0
Tom

Check to make sure you installed them.  By default, unless you do a custom
install, they aren't.  (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed
by default so everyone can start using them).

If they were, then look under:

     C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC

On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
Tom Pitts <TPitts@Hillyard.com> wrote:
>This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant
>applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library
>list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5.   Where
>are they?

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]                | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html

Bruce
5/6/1999 3:01:43 PM
wrote:

>This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant
>applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library
>list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5.   Where
>are they?

\program files\sybase\pb6\adk\pfc

You may not have installed them.  You need to do a "Custom Install"
and select the ADK / PFC checkboxes.

THe migration is actually a little more tricky than simply adding the
new PFC PBLs to the library list.  See the document at
http://www.pfcguide.com/pfcmag/migration.asp

hth,

 Boris Gasin [TeamPS]
 mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com
    ___
  ____   _
 _____    _
  ____   _
    ___

 Dynamic Technology Group, Inc.
 http://www.dynamictechgroup.com/
0
NOSPAM_bgasin
5/6/1999 3:02:16 PM
Thanks fellas - this thing is really great.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] wrote in message ...
>Check to make sure you installed them.  By default, unless you do a custom
>install, they aren't.  (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed
>by default so everyone can start using them).
>
>If they were, then look under:
>
>     C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC
>
>On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500,
> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
>Tom Pitts <TPitts@Hillyard.com> wrote:
>>This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant
>>applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library
>>list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5.
Where
>>are they?
>>

>---
>Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]                | Romac/Source International
>mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
>                                        | http://www.romac-source.com
>
>Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of
Assisi]
>http://www.kidbrothers.org                http://www.fccwc.org
>http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html

>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Tom

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

Building exe after migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5
I have copied all my librarries ans so on to a new folder. Then, after the migration have completed, I try to build an exe from my project. I get a list of info. and obsolete messages and accepts this. The build-proces continues but after writing all the objects I get an error: 'Error writing object information'. My question is: What is the meaning with this message?? jal@kmd.dk J�rn Aabel Luckow. ...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Migration from PB 5.04 to PB 6.5
Hi there! I need to make a System conversion. The System had made in Power Builder 5.04. I need to 'translate' it to Power Builder 6.5. Then, I need know what the problens and bugs in this MIGRATION... Thank you... Hi, There are no specific problems. First make a backup of your PB5.0.4 source and then migrate it to 6.5. If you get errors during the migration, repair them in the 5.0.04 sources and migrate again. HTH -- Gegroet - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/u...

Migrating from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5...
Hello, The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know where to look. Here it is: Object: ue_cie_ie Instance Variables (0031): Error C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE declarations. Is this modified exported source? Any ideas?? Thanks in Advance, Fred. (fred.goldbach@fiserv.com) What's on line 31 of the instance variables? Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote: > The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

Migration pb 5.0.04 to 6.5
I I try to migrate an application to pb 6.5 and i have one error. This error is : C0123 - Function dupliquer differs from ancestor only by return type. But i don't have dupliquer function in my windows. And i don't know what's the problem. I need help! The answer you already got from Brian Dick looks like the right answer. Did that not work for you? Let us know, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:28:34 -0400, Robin_Gauthier wrote: > I try to migrate an application to pb 6.5 and i have one error. This &...

Problems migrating from PB 5.0.03 to PB 6.5
I am having problems running the my application after migrating it to PB 6.5. The application was migrated successfully. Then, I added all the new PFC objects and PBLs as per the guidelines provided by Sybase. The full rebuild was also successful except for a few warnings about instance variables of local structure type being implicit in the next release. However, when I start up the application and try to open any screen having datawindows, it crashes with Dr. Watson's error. Did anybody have a similar experience? Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. T...

PB 6.5 Migrated from PB 5.0 Application deployment
I recently migrated a PFC/PFE application from PB 5.04 to 6.5. I have compiled it down to p-code and am able to run the application from both the developement environment & from the EXE on the machine that has PB 5.04 installed on it. When I move the application and the PB 6.5 deployment DLL's to a machine without PB 5.04 on it, it starts asking me for the whole set of PB 5.04 deplymnt DLL's. It's like there is some sort of dependance on PB 5.04 that I didn't break during the migration process. My OS is NT 4.0 SP4 and the application path includes the app/pbd'...

PB 5.0.03 and PB 5.0.04
Hi. Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB 5.0.04 ? You can just install 5.0.04. Make a backup of your pbls prior to installing 5.0.04 in case you need to revert back to the current version. hth, Anthony M. Perugini President Forte Information Systems, Inc. www.ConsultForte.com Having a Bad Day? www.ConsultForte.com/Disgruntled.htm Kleber Pimentel Koti wrote in message ... >Hi. >Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB >5.0.04 ? > > ...

PB 6.5 to PB 8.0 (PFC Migration)
Recently we got PB 8.0 upgrade version and we are planning to move from our large scale PB 6.5 code to PB 8.0. (1) I have migrated part of the code and ran it and works without any problem. (2) Now I need to plan to move our PFC of PB 6.5 to PB 8.0. I have searched sybase site and couldn't able to find anywhere a guide like we had for PB 5.0 to PB 6.5 migration guide. If you have come across any, please send me the url. Thanks and appreciate ur help on this. Check the release notes in the Program Files/Sybase/Powerbuilder X.0/PFC/readmeX0.txt file (where X is the PB major v...

Migration pb 5.0.04 to 6.5 #2
I I try to migrate an application to pb 6.5 and i have one error. This error is : C0123 - Function dupliquer differs from ancestor only by return type. And i don't know what's the problem. I need help! Thanks you! ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp The dupliquer function is defined in an ancestor class and overridden or overloaded in a descendent class. The descendent class definition uses a different return type. 1) Open the ancestor and note the dupliquer return type. 2) Open the descendent and...

PB 5.0.04 vs PB 6.5.444 behavior difference
I found a difference between the two versions of PB. This is a difference that doesn't cause a compile or runtime error but the line of code fails to work as expected. :( In PB 5.0.04 the code is: il_secure_facs = icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this ).fac_urn Where icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this ) returns a structure that has been created in the structure painter (not an object structure) What I found is that in PB 6.5.444 the code fails to return the structure and also there is no compile or runtime error to indicate a problem. The workaro...