Pb 12 Classic PFC Migration

I am trying to migrate a PB9 Win32 application which uses both the PFC and
the Cornerstone class library to PB12 Win32 using PB12 Classic.

I downloaded the last available PFC I could find (PFC 11.5 from CodePlex)
and copied my PB9 Cornerstone pbls, included both of these PFC libraries
(PFC and Cornerstone pbls) in my library list in the migration wizard and
received a number of Compiler Errors, mainly illegal data type errors.

An example is;

pfcdwsrv12.pbl(pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable).5: Error       C0001: Illegal
data type: n_cst_dwsrv_multitableattrib

cs12dwsrv.pbl(cs_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable).cs_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable.of_dataobjectchanged.66:
Error       C0070: Mixing array and non-array in assignment statement.

Can someone give me an idea of where to start in correcting these illegal
data types?

TIA

Dave

0
dRoberts

Illegal datatype is usually either a missing PBL, or the ancestor wouldn't
regen successfully.

Can you open the class n_cst_dwsrv_multitableattrib?

--
Paul Horan[Sybase]
http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com

"dRoberts" <droberts@bepc.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to migrate a PB9 Win32 application which uses both the PFC and
>the Cornerstone class library to PB12 Win32 using PB12 Classic.
>
> I downloaded the last available PFC I could find (PFC 11.5 from CodePlex)
> and copied my PB9 Cornerstone pbls, included both of these PFC libraries
> (PFC and Cornerstone pbls) in my library list in the migration wizard and
> received a number of Compiler Errors, mainly illegal data type errors.
>
> An example is;
>
> pfcdwsrv12.pbl(pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable).5: Error       C0001: Illegal
> data type: n_cst_dwsrv_multitableattrib
>
> cs12dwsrv.pbl(cs_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable).cs_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable.of_dataobjectchanged.66:
> Error       C0070: Mixing array and non-array in assignment statement.
>

> Can someone give me an idea of where to start in correcting these illegal
> data types?
>

> TIA
>

> Dave

0
Paul
6/2/2010 7:38:32 PM
OK I'm starting to see part of the picture. The class
n_cst_dwsrv_multitableattrib doesn't exist in the CornerStone version of the
PFC that I'm using. CornerStone was last updated in, I believe, PB5. I
believe I used the PFC from PB9 and just migrated CS from its PB5 version
(this was quite a few years ago so I may not remember everything exactly).

I did try and migrate the version of PFC and CS that I have running in PB9
to PB12. I only received 2 compile errors, both illegal data types, but I
thought I would be missing functionality in PB12 if I did that. Now I think
I should go back to the PB9 version of PFC and CS and fix the 2 errors in
the CS libraries.

The 2 errors were;

Cs12dwsrv.pbl(cs_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable).cs_n_cst_dwsrv_multible.<unknown>.1:
Error   C0001: Illegal data type:
pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable'os_updcharacteristics'integer'

Cs12dwsrv.pbl(cs_n_cst_dssrv_multitable).cs_n_cst_dssrv_multible.<unknown>.1:
Error   C0001: Illegal data type:
pfc_n_cst_dssrv_multitable'os_updcharacteristics'integer'

Do you know where I should look to fix these 2 errors?

Thanks again!

"Paul Horan[Sybase]" <phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com> wrote in message
> Illegal datatype is usually either a missing PBL, or the ancestor wouldn't
> regen successfully.
>
> Can you open the class n_cst_dwsrv_multitableattrib?
>
> --
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com

0
dRoberts
6/2/2010 8:27:19 PM
Back in PFC5, a lot of attribute sets were passed around in structures
that were defined inside of objects. Besides being incredibly anti-OO,
this broke when structure definitions became private (not protected)
in PB6, so descendants couldn't use them. As a result, in PFC6 a lot
of these attribute sets (everything that didn't have to be passed in
an external function call, AFAIK and IIRC) were converted to custom
classes (aka NVOs).

You'll probably have to change CS references to PFC object structures
to custom class references. In this case I believe the custom class
name to replace this object structure is n_cst_dssrv_multitableattrib.
Good luck,

Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten

On 2 Jun 2010 13:27:19 -0700, "dRoberts" <droberts@bepc.com> wrote:

>OK I'm starting to see part of the picture. The class
>n_cst_dwsrv_multitableattrib doesn't exist in the CornerStone version of the
>PFC that I'm using. CornerStone was last updated in, I believe, PB5. I
>believe I used the PFC from PB9 and just migrated CS from its PB5 version
>(this was quite a few years ago so I may not remember everything exactly).
>

>I did try and migrate the version of PFC and CS that I have running in PB9
>to PB12. I only received 2 compile errors, both illegal data types, but I
>thought I would be missing functionality in PB12 if I did that. Now I think
>I should go back to the PB9 version of PFC and CS and fix the 2 errors in
>the CS libraries.
>

>The 2 errors were;
>

>Cs12dwsrv.pbl(cs_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable).cs_n_cst_dwsrv_multible.<unknown>.1:
>Error   C0001: Illegal data type:
>pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable'os_updcharacteristics'integer'
>

>Cs12dwsrv.pbl(cs_n_cst_dssrv_multitable).cs_n_cst_dssrv_multible.<unknown>.1:
>Error   C0001: Illegal data type:
>pfc_n_cst_dssrv_multitable'os_updcharacteristics'integer'
>

>Do you know where I should look to fix these 2 errors?
>

>Thanks again!
>
>"Paul Horan[Sybase]" <phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com> wrote in message
>> Illegal datatype is usually either a missing PBL, or the ancestor wouldn't
>> regen successfully.
>>
>> Can you open the class n_cst_dwsrv_multitableattrib?
>>
>> --
>> Paul Horan[Sybase]
>> http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com

*********************************
Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungry
http://www.freerice.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated June 25/2008
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
6/3/2010 2:36:54 AM
Thanks Paul and Terry. I appear to have it working now under PB12 Classic.
Now test, test, test!

Dave

0
dRoberts

Need guidance for correct way to migrate PB/PFC 8 to PB/PFC 11.0?
Need guidance for correct way to migrate PB/PFC 8 to PB/PFC 11.0? In present project current code hierarchy is like: PB 8 code � PFC 8 � own customize PFC 8 ( convert all object like n_cst_dataawareattrib --ep_n_cst_dataawareattrib)� own customize PFE 8 ( but no change in basic object names) Client customizes all object of PFC 8 like this "ep_n_cst_dataawareattrib" and in PFE object are like "n_cst_dataawareattrib". What will be best approach to migrate it? PB 8 code (migrate to PB 11) � PFC 8 (replace with PFC 11) � Own customi...

Need guidance for correct way to migrate PB/PFC 8 to PB/PFC 11.0?
Need guidance for correct way to migrate PB/PFC 8 to PB/PFC 11.0? In present project current code hierarchy is like: PB 8 code � PFC 8 � own customize PFC 8 ( convert all object like n_cst_dataawareattrib --ep_n_cst_dataawareattrib)� own customize PFE 8 ( but no change in basic object names) Client customizes all object of PFC 8 like this "ep_n_cst_dataawareattrib" and in PFE object are like "n_cst_dataawareattrib". What will be best approach to migrate it? PB 8 code (migrate to PB 11) � PFC 8 (replace with PFC 11) � Own cust...

PFC ? Not PFC ?
I am about to start a very big application and would like to know whether to use PFC or not. Is it not a good idea if we are only using a very small portion of the PFC functionalities? What are the benefits of using PFC? What are the disadvantage of using it? We already have development problem because it is too slow to bring up the object and window list in the dubugger. Please advise. loser , To Use or Not to Use? I dont have an answer for you there but, a solution to your speed of the debug issue is the following. We have found that keeping copies of the PFC, PFD, and PFE p...

To PFC or Not To PFC
I'm returning to PB development after about 7 years in management and I'm trying to figure out how PFC fits into the current PB world. I used it with 6.5 and thought it was great (though sometimes a little complex, especially when debigging). It seems that Sybase doesn't push it anymore and I think I saw a post that said it hasn't changed since 8.0(?). I'll be developing an app for commercial sale and I think PB is perfect since I think I can get more done in a shorter period of time with PB than with anything else. I especially like that PB's future leads...

PB 12 Classic to PB 12 NET migration error
In the PowerBuilder 12.NET IDE, I am migrating an application from PB 12 Classic. This application was built successfully in PB 12 Classic IDE. However, in the PB 12 .NET IDE, I received an error "Cannot convert type 'Sybase.Powerbuilder.WPF.PBDataStore' to 'int'. There is no file listed in the File column in the Error List window but it does give me a line and column number. Has anyone seen this .NET build error before? Can anyone give me any ideas on how to track this down? Jeff, Take a look at the tread started on 9/29 by Bjarne Anker in this sec...

PB 12 Classic to PB 12 .NET migration error
In the PowerBuilder 12.NET IDE, I am migrating an application from PB 12 Classic. This application was built successfully in PB 12 Classic IDE. However, in the PB 12 .NET IDE, I received an error "Cannot convert type 'Sybase.Powerbuilder.WPF.PBDataStore' to 'int'. There is no file listed in the File column in the Error List window but it does give me a line and column number. Has anyone seen this .NET build error before? Can anyone give me any ideas on how to track this down? Jeff, Where does it bring you when you double click the error line in the o...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

Migrating non-PFC applications to PFC.
Hi, I'm going to be involved in migrating a non-PFC application to PFC based application. I've been working with PFC since it came out, but I've not been involved with conversion of a non-PFC application. Would anybody share his/her thoughts about the process involved in doing that and the pitfalls to watch for. I would appreciate any input. Thanks. JD I've only done it on small apps and it was a real headache. For starters you must throw away your existing mdi frame, login window, etc, and use the ones in PFC. All your frame logic, which isn't already...

Migration PFC 5 to PFC 6
I'm not sure, what step I must do to convert my application used PFC to version 6. I did: 1. Migrate my application from PB 5 to PB 6 - no problems. 2. Replace PFC*.PLB with new PFC*.PBL from PB 6. PFE libraries contains our customized codes, I can't replace this with PFC 6 version. 3. Make full rebuild - in this step on few minutes PB crash without any error messages. Is this migration way correct? Thanks, Adam Bierski adam.bierski@ksprogram.cz Adam Bierski wrote: > > I'm not sure, what step I must do to convert my application used PFC to > version 6. ...

Migration from PFC 8 to PFC 11
I am trying to migrate application from PB 8 to PB 11.2, facing problem in PFC 8 to PFC 11 I am getting below error, please let me know how to migrate PFC 8 to PFC 11 Please let me know what to do ? ---------------------------error ------------ ---------- Compiler: Errors (4:28:16 PM) pfcwnsrv.pbl(pfc_n_cst_winsrv_sheetmanager).6: Error C0001: Illegal data type: n_cst_winsrv_sheetmanagerattrib pfcwnsrv.pbl(pfc_n_cst_winsrv_statusbar).65: Error C0001: Illegal data type: n_cst_winsrv_statusbarattrib pfcwnsrv.pbl(pfc_n_cst_resize).38: Error C0...

Migrate PB5 with PFc to PB7 with PFC
Has anyone migrated a pb5 app with pfc to pb7 with pfc, and what are the issues involved ? Thanks, lc There have been a number of changes (for the better) in PFC7. There is a migration utility with PB7 that you can use to determine where you are using old syntax. My general rule of thumb was to convert the app first, including a copy of the PFC5 libraries, and then worry about the conversion to PFC7 later. On Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:21:36 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc <lc099@hotmail.com> wrote: >Has anyone migrated a pb5 app with pfc to pb7 with pfc, an...

migrate PFC 8 to PFC 11
I am trying to migrate PFC 8 to PFC 11 Getting below errors . Any clue how I can resolve them? ---------- Compiler: Errors (9:29:55 AM) pfcwnsrv.pbl(pfc_n_cst_winsrv_statusbar).pfc_n_cst_winsrv_statusbar.of_setbardisplaystyle.58: Error C0068: Illegal use of array in expression pfcwnsrv.pbl(pfc_n_cst_winsrv_statusbar).pfc_n_cst_winsrv_statusbar.of_setbardisplaystyle.58: Error C0011: Incompatible types in expression: integer, integer pfcwnsrv.pbl(pfc_n_cst_winsrv_statusbar).pfc_n_cst_winsrv_statusbar.of_setbardisplaystyle.58: Error C0003: Condition fo...

migrating non-pfc app to pfc
We have an old legacy app that is still used here. It's been migrated to PB 10, but the framework is uses was developed in house years ago and is inadequate. I would love to move the app to PFC. I searched around and didn't find any articles or posts on this topic. The one article referenced was from a conference in 1998 and the link is invalid now on the sybase site. Anyone know of any valid links/articles/guidance on this topic? Thanks, Jim On 30 Dec 2005 07:35:36 -0800, Jim Ward wrote: >We have an old legacy app that is still used here. It's >been ...

PFC and PB 12
Does anyone in the PB 12 project have any comments or thoughts about how PFC will migrate to the new WPF paradigm? Will it even be possible to migrate a PFC application and continue to use PFC in the PB 12 WPF implementation, or will it have to remain a "Classic" application? Thanks for any comments or thoughts on this topic. -- Dave Hauze While it is our mandate to allow you to migrate existing applicstion to WPF within the PowerBuilder .NET IDE, support for migrating PFC-based applications will not be until later in the beta cycle. Please do consider testi...

Web resources about - Pb 12 Classic PFC Migration - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pope Francis urges review of migration laws to welcome refugees
... and indifferent to the tragedies facing humanity. Vatican City: Pope Francis on Tuesday called on countries to review their laws on migration ...

Paris deal considers climate change role in mass migration
Global warming has already contributed to the the large-scale displacement of people that has been an ominous, politically sensitive undercurrent ...

Security is a major concern for cloud migrations
... Moreover, 40 percent worry about the loss of physical control over data in the cloud. In particular, 69 percent of companies fear migration ...

Merkel-Enhanced Migration Problem: Million Refugees Hit Europe, 80% Through Greece by Boat; Turkish Mafia ...
... So why isn't anything concrete being done? Why the Problem Is Not Fixed If Turkey, Greece, or Germany really wanted to solve the migration ...

Website migration guide: building an SEO checklist for moving your site
... in other countries also which makes it vital that it’s as easy as possible to present users with the correct version. Combining a site migration ...

It’s Official: Migration Into Europe Hits WWII Levels
It’s Official: Migration Into Europe Hits WWII Levels

IBM Nabs Giant Eagle Cloud Migration Deal
IBM can now count Giant Eagle among its growing list of cloud customers, as Big Blue works to overhaul the supermarket chain's IT operations. ...

Questions and answers about Europe's migration crisis as 2015 arrivals top 1 million
One million — and counting. BRUSSELS – One million — and counting. The International Organization for Migration says its statistics show the ...

Is Migration a Basic Human Right?
The latest Freakonomics radio podcast grapples with the question Is Migration a Basic Human Right? ( itunes ) As usual, Stephen Dubner and his ...