JPEG Processing Error

Hi,
I'm using PB 8.0.2 Build 9506 under W2000 and got a problem using the PFC
logon window (especially problem with an included graphics):
I made a descendant from pfc_w_logon and added some more controls. During
running pfc-appmanager - pfc_open-event I
set the appropriated picture:
  ls_dummy = is_program_id + '_icon.jpg'
  li_rc = this.of_SetLogo(ls_dummy)

If the gnv_app.of_LogonDlg() - function is invoked, the window
pfc_w_logon-descendant is opened and the open-event is fired. This
(standard-pfc-)event includes the following lines:
// Logo
If Len(inv_logonattrib.is_logo) > 0 Then
 p_logo.picturename = inv_logonattrib.is_logo    // *** HERE my application
crashes
Else
 p_logo.Visible = False
End If

Although the debugger shows the right picturefile (msi_icon.jpg), the
application sometimes crashes with the error
"JPEG Processing Error: FAILED TO CREATE TEMPORARY FILE".

This happens both after starting the compiled program and after starting
from the PB-IDE. After 1 or more times Reboot of the machine the problem is
away.
The error comes with the compiled version on other PCs too. I'm shure, that
both harddiscspace an RAM are large enough and not the matter of my
problems.

Does anybody know this problem?

TIA, Frank

Hi, out there,
is there any solved case or any solution for the described
problem.
I have the same problem with PB 8.0.3 Build 9704 under
Windsw 2000.

TIA   axel

> Hi,
> I'm using PB 8.0.2 Build 9506 under W2000 and got a
> problem using the PFC logon window (especially problem
> with an included graphics): I made a descendant from
> pfc_w_logon and added some more controls. During running
> pfc-appmanager - pfc_open-event I set the appropriated
> picture: ....
>   ls_dummy = is_program_id + '_icon.jpg'
>   li_rc = this.of_SetLogo(ls_dummy)
>
> If the gnv_app.of_LogonDlg() - function is invoked, the
> window pfc_w_logon-descendant is opened and the open-event
> is fired. This (standard-pfc-)event includes the following
> lines: ....
> // Logo
> If Len(inv_logonattrib.is_logo) > 0 Then
>  p_logo.picturename = inv_logonattrib.is_logo    // ***
> HERE my application crashes
> Else
>  p_logo.Visible = False
> End If
>
> Although the debugger shows the right picturefile
> (msi_icon.jpg), the application sometimes crashes with the
> error "JPEG Processing Error: FAILED TO CREATE TEMPORARY
> FILE".
>
> This happens both after starting the compiled program and
> after starting from the PB-IDE. After 1 or more times
> Reboot of the machine the problem is away.
> The error comes with the compiled version on other PCs
> too. I'm shure, that both harddiscspace an RAM are large
> enough and not the matter of my problems.
>
> Does anybody know this problem?
>
> TIA, Frank

Apparently this problem can occur when the TMP environment variable contains
more than 64 characters. Check that environment variable for the current
user and reduce it to a length less than 64.

Regards,
John
Team Sybase

ref case: 10926606

<a.reich> wrote in message news:400e6459.4900.846930886@sybase.com...
> Hi, out there,
> is there any solved case or any solution for the described
> problem.
> I have the same problem with PB 8.0.3 Build 9704 under
> Windsw 2000.
>
> TIA   axel
>
> > Hi,
> > I'm using PB 8.0.2 Build 9506 under W2000 and got a
> > problem using the PFC logon window (especially problem
> > with an included graphics): I made a descendant from
> > pfc_w_logon and added some more controls. During running
> > pfc-appmanager - pfc_open-event I set the appropriated
> > picture: ....
> >   ls_dummy = is_program_id + '_icon.jpg'
> >   li_rc = this.of_SetLogo(ls_dummy)
> >
> > If the gnv_app.of_LogonDlg() - function is invoked, the
> > window pfc_w_logon-descendant is opened and the open-event
> > is fired. This (standard-pfc-)event includes the following
> > lines: ....
> > // Logo
> > If Len(inv_logonattrib.is_logo) > 0 Then
> >  p_logo.picturename = inv_logonattrib.is_logo    // ***
> > HERE my application crashes
> > Else
> >  p_logo.Visible = False
> > End If
> >
> > Although the debugger shows the right picturefile
> > (msi_icon.jpg), the application sometimes crashes with the
> > error "JPEG Processing Error: FAILED TO CREATE TEMPORARY
> > FILE".
> >
> > This happens both after starting the compiled program and
> > after starting from the PB-IDE. After 1 or more times
> > Reboot of the machine the problem is away.
> > The error comes with the compiled version on other PCs
> > too. I'm shure, that both harddiscspace an RAM are large
> > enough and not the matter of my problems.
> >
> > Does anybody know this problem?
> >
> > TIA, Frank

0
John
1/21/2004 5:35:26 PM
Thank you very much John,

but the TMP environment variable doesn't contains more than
64 characters.
If I try to simulate this problem on my Computer (I changed
the TMP environment variable to > 64)
then it still works. It can't be the problem.
By the way, the same code works without problems on PB 7.0.3
Build 10059!?

Please, where do I find the ref case No. 10926606 ? I
searched for it all over Sybase.

regards,TIA Axel

> Apparently this problem can occur when the TMP environment
> variable contains more than 64 characters. Check that
> environment variable for the current user and reduce it to
> a length less than 64.
>
> Regards,
> John
> Team Sybase
>
> ref case: 10926606
>
> <a.reich> wrote in message
> > news:400e6459.4900.846930886@sybase.com... Hi, out there
> > , is there any solved case or any solution for the
> > described problem.
> > I have the same problem with PB 8.0.3 Build 9704 under
> > Windsw 2000.
> >
> > TIA   axel
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I'm using PB 8.0.2 Build 9506 under W2000 and got a
> > > problem using the PFC logon window (especially problem
> > > with an included graphics): I made a descendant from
> > > pfc_w_logon and added some more controls. During
> > > running pfc-appmanager - pfc_open-event I set the
> > > appropriated picture: ....
> > >   ls_dummy = is_program_id + '_icon.jpg'
> > >   li_rc = this.of_SetLogo(ls_dummy)
> > >
> > > If the gnv_app.of_LogonDlg() - function is invoked,
> > > the window pfc_w_logon-descendant is opened and the
> > > open-event is fired. This (standard-pfc-)event
> > > includes the following lines: ....
> > > // Logo
> > > If Len(inv_logonattrib.is_logo) > 0 Then
> > >  p_logo.picturename = inv_logonattrib.is_logo    //
> > > *** HERE my application crashes
> > > Else
> > >  p_logo.Visible = False
> > > End If
> > >
> > > Although the debugger shows the right picturefile
> > > (msi_icon.jpg), the application sometimes crashes with
> > > the error "JPEG Processing Error: FAILED TO CREATE
> > > TEMPORARY FILE".
> > >
> > > This happens both after starting the compiled program
> > > and after starting from the PB-IDE. After 1 or more
> > > times Reboot of the machine the problem is away.
> > > The error comes with the compiled version on other PCs
> > > too. I'm shure, that both harddiscspace an RAM are
> > > large enough and not the matter of my problems.
> > >
> > > Does anybody know this problem?
> > >
> > > TIA, Frank

The only similar behaviors I found were due to the TMP variable. If that
isn't the problem then I'm not sure what is. Did you resolve it yet?

That's an internal case number to mention if you were to call Sybase tech
support.

Regards,
John

0