Install PB 6.5 over PB 6.0

I installed PB 6.5 mainteneance files over PB 6.0 and i think it works
good.
is it a mistake?

0
Jandri

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:41:47 +0200, in
powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc Jandri <jandri@mx2.redestb.es>
wrote:

>I installed PB 6.5 mainteneance files over PB 6.0 and i think it works
>good.
>is it a mistake?

No, if you just downloaded the  PB 6.5 (free) maintenance files that
is what you're supposed to do.

However if you have upgraded your PB6.0 to the full PB 6.5 version,
which includes PowerSite 1.5, PowerDesigner Appmodeler, soon to be
shipped Web Deployment kit, Development version of JaguarCTS,
PowerDynamo, etc...  you need to uninstall the PB 6.0 prior to the
installation of the new PB 6.5 product.  THis is because it uses a
different directory structure and uninstalling may save you some
headaches in the future.

For more info take a look at documents below:

PowerBuilder 6.5 Common Installation Overview
http://www-esnt.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=47840

PowerStudio Installation Notes
http://www-esnt.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=47841

Hope this helps,

 Boris Gasin [TeamPS]
 mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com
    ___
  ____   _
 _____    _
  ____   _
    ___

 Dynamic Technology Group, Inc.
 http://www.dynamictechgroup.com/
0
NOSPAM_bgasin
9/16/1998 1:55:21 PM
Oh!

Boris Gasin [TeamPS] wrote in message
<3600c057.1700126162@forums.powersoft.com>...
>On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:41:47 +0200, in
>powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc Jandri <jandri@mx2.redestb.es>
>wrote:
>
>>I installed PB 6.5 mainteneance files over PB 6.0 and i think it works
>>good.
>>is it a mistake?
>
>No, if you just downloaded the  PB 6.5 (free) maintenance files that
>is what you're supposed to do.
>
>However if you have upgraded your PB6.0 to the full PB 6.5 version,
>which includes PowerSite 1.5, PowerDesigner Appmodeler, soon to be
>shipped Web Deployment kit, Development version of JaguarCTS,
>PowerDynamo, etc...  you need to uninstall the PB 6.0 prior to the
>installation of the new PB 6.5 product.  THis is because it uses a
>different directory structure and uninstalling may save you some
>headaches in the future.
>
>For more info take a look at documents below:
>
>PowerBuilder 6.5 Common Installation Overview
>http://www-esnt.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=47840
>
>PowerStudio Installation Notes
>http://www-esnt.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=47841
>
>Hope this helps,
>

> Boris Gasin [TeamPS]
> mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com
>    ___
>  ____   _
> _____    _
>  ____   _
>    ___
>
> Dynamic Technology Group, Inc.
> http://www.dynamictechgroup.com/

0
Ken
9/18/1998 6:27:37 PM
This document does not exist.

http://www-esnt.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=47840

I do recommend that if manually installing the patches that you DO NOT forget to
match the overlapping DLLs in the DDDK6 directory so that you deploy with the
same versions of DLLs that you developed and most likely compiled with.

Has anyone complained that they should have renamed the DLLs to pbXX65.dll  We
are having trouble with our Y2K gods saying they have not certified 6.5 as Y2K
compliant yet and as a result will not deploy these DLLs to our infrastructure
servers.

If they had recompiled all the code (using a 65 lable)  we could have left our
individual app out of certification and slapped the "NEW" DLLs onto an
infrastructure server until the Y2K folks caught up.  It would have not impacted
all the existing apps that need re-testing in order to deploy a version upgrade.

In essence this was not a .5 upgrade but really a .1 or .01 (By DLL naming
standards).  If they had followed this naming,  our Y2K people would not be on
my back considering it a "major" upgrade but instaed a patch.  Thanks PowerSoft.

Miller

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998 19:27:37 +0100,
Ken Douglas <ken_douglas@not1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>Oh!
>
>Boris Gasin [TeamPS] wrote in message
><3600c057.1700126162@forums.powersoft.com>...
>>On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:41:47 +0200, in
>>powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc Jandri <jandri@mx2.redestb.es>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I installed PB 6.5 mainteneance files over PB 6.0 and i think it works
>>>good.
>>>is it a mistake?
>>
>>No, if you just downloaded the  PB 6.5 (free) maintenance files that
>>is what you're supposed to do.
>>
>>However if you have upgraded your PB6.0 to the full PB 6.5 version,
>>which includes PowerSite 1.5, PowerDesigner Appmodeler, soon to be
>>shipped Web Deployment kit, Development version of JaguarCTS,
>>PowerDynamo, etc...  you need to uninstall the PB 6.0 prior to the
>>installation of the new PB 6.5 product.  THis is because it uses a
>>different directory structure and uninstalling may save you some
>>headaches in the future.
>>
>>For more info take a look at documents below:
>>
>>PowerBuilder 6.5 Common Installation Overview
>>http://www-esnt.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=47840
>>
>>PowerStudio Installation Notes
>>http://www-esnt.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=47841
>>
>>Hope this helps,
>>

>> Boris Gasin [TeamPS]
>> mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com
>>    ___
>>  ____   _
>> _____    _
>>  ____   _
>>    ___
>>
>> Dynamic Technology Group, Inc.
>> http://www.dynamictechgroup.com/

0
David

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Installing PB 6.5 without uninstalling PB 6.0
Hi, I've received the PB 6.5 upgrade CD. The setup.exe asks that I need to uninstall PB 6.0 from my computer first. But, I need to keep PB 6.0 in my computer for backward compatibility and staging purposes. CAn I just ignor this message or I will screw up the registry if I don't uninstall 6.0 first? I appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks. Kevin Chan Thanks for you response. Is there any work around so that I can keep both PB 6.0 and PB 6.5 in my computer. Sybase lets us keep PB 5.x and PB 6.0 in the same computer. Why do they make it difficult now? Thank...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0 in OS W2K Professional
PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional: I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0: Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Set your timeframe to 'ALL' on http://downloads.sybase.com. While that is the most current build, it was released at least over 6 months ago (the default timeframe of this site)...

problem with migration pb 6.5 to pb 6.0
after problems in compilation with pb 6.5, I compile librairies in pb 6.0 and it is ok. But, in menu, letters with accent ("�" or "�" ) become "o". thanks to say me if it's normal... ...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

Can PB 5.0, 6.0, and 6.5 Coexist
I currently support a couple of PB5.0 applications and I am looking to upgrade them to PB 6 or 6.5. I read the 6.5 documentation that said you need to remove all previous versions of PB before installing. I would like to have 5.0 and 6.0 or 6.5 coexist so that I can still support the old application while I work the 6.5 to learn and study the upgrade. So, can they co-exist and what problems might I run into? Thanks , Doug I have PB5 16-bit, (5.03), PB5 32-bit (PB5.04), PB6.5 and PB7 on the same machine - They live in different worlds. Make sure you keep backups of code and main...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

Web resources about - Install PB 6.5 over PB 6.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

WA Premier Colin Barnett urges City of Joondalup to install shark net at Sorrento Beach - PerthNow Search ...
PREMIER Colin Barnett has urged the City of Joondalup to “get on with it” and install a shark net at Sorrento Beach.

Android adware can install itself even when users explicitly reject it
(credit: Lookout) Two weeks ago, Ars reported on newly discovered Android adware that is virtually impossible to uninstall . Now, researchers ...

FSS ePub Reader silently installs adware?
... of a range of popular Windows freeware, including FSS Video Downloader, FSS Google Books Downloader, FSS ePub Reader and more. You’ve installed ...

11 3D Touch apps to install today
Apple’s 3D Touch is an important step forward in mobile user interfaces. If you use an iPhone 6S you see it in action when you press a name in ...

Dell Helpfully Installs Yet Another Gaping Security Hole On Some Laptops
That big fat “Superfish”-style security hole in Dell laptops that we told you about yesterday ? Turns out, it’s not alone. There’s another basically ...