Hybrid PFC non-PFC Application

We have a very large application we would like to migrate to the PFC
over time.  Unfortunately we will be required to keep a hybrid
application in production during the conversion process because we are
constantly adding new functionality.  Does anyone have any experiences
they can share?

TIA
Mark Graham
mgraham@justicesystems.com

0
Mark

I would *not* suggest attempting this.  Instead, keep maintaining the old
version (turing out point releases) while you develop a new major version
(based on PFC).  I don't think that a hybrid PFC application would work
well.  (I wouldn't expect any application based partially on a framework
and partially on independant objects to work well).

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 17:15:11 -0700,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc

--
Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]                | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html
0
Bruce

Hybrid PFC/non-PFC Applications
We have a large application that we would like to migrate to the PFC. The application is constantly being customized to meet the needs of different customers so we cannot freeze the application while the conversion takes place. Our plan is to build all new portions of the application using the PFC and convert the existing parts of the application over time as resources allow us to do so. Does anyone have experience with hybrid applications? We know we will need two different transaction objects, are there any other issues we will need to deal with? TIA Mark Graham mgraham@justi...

PFC ? Not PFC ?
I am about to start a very big application and would like to know whether to use PFC or not. Is it not a good idea if we are only using a very small portion of the PFC functionalities? What are the benefits of using PFC? What are the disadvantage of using it? We already have development problem because it is too slow to bring up the object and window list in the dubugger. Please advise. loser , To Use or Not to Use? I dont have an answer for you there but, a solution to your speed of the debug issue is the following. We have found that keeping copies of the PFC, PFD, and PFE p...

To PFC or Not To PFC
I'm returning to PB development after about 7 years in management and I'm trying to figure out how PFC fits into the current PB world. I used it with 6.5 and thought it was great (though sometimes a little complex, especially when debigging). It seems that Sybase doesn't push it anymore and I think I saw a post that said it hasn't changed since 8.0(?). I'll be developing an app for commercial sale and I think PB is perfect since I think I can get more done in a shorter period of time with PB than with anything else. I especially like that PB's future leads...

How to include the pfc in a non pfc application
Still I am with the problem of powerbuilder pfc implimentation in my powerbuilder projects. Please anybody can advice me it would be very helpful to a beginner like me how I can impliment pfc in my non pfc project . I am expecting a help like to a beginner . I donot think any help is available in any other forum for powerbuilder other than this. So please kindly consider my request. With thanks Pol ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp On Sep 25, 1:02=A0am, "polachan" <polachan> wrote: > Still...

Migrating non-PFC applications to PFC.
Hi, I'm going to be involved in migrating a non-PFC application to PFC based application. I've been working with PFC since it came out, but I've not been involved with conversion of a non-PFC application. Would anybody share his/her thoughts about the process involved in doing that and the pitfalls to watch for. I would appreciate any input. Thanks. JD I've only done it on small apps and it was a real headache. For starters you must throw away your existing mdi frame, login window, etc, and use the ones in PFC. All your frame logic, which isn't already...

HELP PLEASE!, how to convert non PFC application to PFC application?
Your help is much needed. I have developed many windows and datawindows without using PFC, how do i make the pfc to be the ancestor of all my windows and datawindows? Syed. -- Syed Ibrahim Sapura Advanced Systems Sdn. Bhd, 18th Floor, Menara Tun Razak, Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Tel: (03) 295-3472, (03) 294-3000 Fax: (03) 294-6587, (03) 293-3154 You will have to export each object to a file. Then you can edit the file to change to ancestor and import it again. I suggest you create separate PBL's before you import because you don't want to overwri...

PFC services in non pfc-template application
Hi, Can I use the PFC resize service in my old MDI applications without PFC template. How can I do it. I've imported this nvo objects in my applications but i don�t know how can i use it with my windows. Thanks There is no blanket answer for that. You (or someone) would have to look at each individual service in question and determine how it's linked into other objects. For example, I'd expect very little cross-dependencies for the String service, but I'd expect a lot of issues with the Logical Unit of Work service. Also, if you've implemented an anc...

Converting existing non-PFC applications to PFC.
We have some applications which were developed in PB 4 and has been upgraded to PB5 and migrated to PB6. We have custom made ancestor objects for windows as well as user objects for dws. we have upto 4 layers of objects. We wish to convert our application to take advantage of PFC. Can any one out there guide whether this would reuqire re-writting the entire system ? We have lot of NVUOs which work as PFC services but with having different purpose. Our applications are very large and rewritting would amount to atleast 35 man months of work. One approach (and the only possi...

URGENT HELP REQUIRED!!! Converting NON PFC Application to PFC
We have some applications which were developed in PB 4 and has been upgraded to PB5 and migrated to PB6. We have custom made ancestor objects for windows as well as user objects for dws. we have upto 4 layers of objects. We wish to convert our application to take advantage of PFC. Can any one out there guide whether this would require re-writing the entire system ? We have lot of NVUOs which work as PFC services but with having different purpose. Our applications are very large and rewriting would amount to atleast 35 man months of work. One approach (and the only possible ...

migrating non-pfc app to pfc
We have an old legacy app that is still used here. It's been migrated to PB 10, but the framework is uses was developed in house years ago and is inadequate. I would love to move the app to PFC. I searched around and didn't find any articles or posts on this topic. The one article referenced was from a conference in 1998 and the link is invalid now on the sybase site. Anyone know of any valid links/articles/guidance on this topic? Thanks, Jim On 30 Dec 2005 07:35:36 -0800, Jim Ward wrote: >We have an old legacy app that is still used here. It's >been ...

PFC Security for Non-PFC Apps?
We have a suite of applications, some which are PFC-based while others are not. It would not be practical to make all our non-PFC applications PFC-compliant. Therefore, I'd like to take the PFC Security Service, rip it apart, and rebuild it from the base PowerBuilder classes rather than the PFC classes. I plan to then use this new, non-PFC Security Service in my non-PFC apps. Has anyone tried this? How did you go about doing it? Was it feasible? Better yet, does anyone have the source code for this already? The PFC Security service uses PFC events and hooks heavily. I...

Introduce pfc in non-pfc app
Hi, I would like to know if anyone had tried to convert or develop new functionality using pfc in a non-pfc app, what would be the minimal changes to be done in this process. TIA for your response Priya ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp look at http://www.pfcguide.com/downloads.asp (PFC objects for non-PFC applications) pbm_hopethishelps FX Liagre fxliagre@hotmail.com francois-xavier.liagre@lusis.fr Priya a �crit dans le message ... Hi, I would like to know if anyone had tried to convert or develop new fu...

adding PFC to non PFC libraries
I have developed my applications without PFC, and now in trouble with the security and other functionality, is it possible for me to add the PFC to my current libraries and make use of other services like Application security service? can a non-pfc application becomes a pfc application half way thru? Syed. --- Sapura Advanced Systems Sdn. Bhd, 18th Floor, Menara Tun Razak, Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Tel: (03) 295-3472, (03) 294-3000 Fax: (03) 294-6587, (03) 293-3154 On Thu, 07 May 1998 15:15:59 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Syed <sas@mas...

Hybrid PFC/non-PRF Applications
We have a large application that we would like to convert to the PFC. The application is constantly being added to and cannot be frozen during the time period needed to do the conversion to the PFC. We would like to build all new components using the PFC and gradually convert the existing components to the PFC as time and resources permit. Does anyone have experience doing this who could tell us what pitfalls to look out for? TIA Mark Graham mgraham@justicesystems.com Since no one else wants to tackle this one... <g> I've converted a couple of apps to PFC, and it&...

Web resources about - Hybrid PFC non-PFC Application - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Pre-Christmas job application rush hits Australian public service
Speed required for pre-Christmas job window opening for public servants. Check out who is hiring.

Cloud application adoption increases 71 percent in 2015
The adoption of cloud applications is soaring, up by 71 percent in the last year according to the results of a new survey. The latest Cloud ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

Apple Patent Application Hints at Waterproof iPhone
The patent application describes special rubber ports over headphone and other openings to protect them from water coming in.